Spoilers: She's Going To Do WHAT In the On-Call Room?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

34 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2009 @ 1:55 PM

Spoiler talk goes here.

Prospero

Prospero

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2009 @ 3:47 AM

Question: Any scoop on Nurse Jackie? --Soomi
Ausiello: Peter Facinelli's Coop kisses a dude in the season finale.

It's either something obvious and he kisses Mo-Mo / some new character, or this dude is Eddie and my brain will explode.

Or it is Thor and it will make all kinds of sense.

elvisgrace

elvisgrace

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 12:30 AM

From TV Fanatic:
According to an interview Peter Facinelli gave to E! News this week, though, the interaction between these two Nurse Jackie characters turns an odd corner in episode 10, airing August 10. Here's what Facinelli had to say...

On a possible romance: In Coop's world, he starts to develop a little something for her. I don't want to say where it goes, but somewhere along the lines romantically in Coop's world, Jackie and he should be together.

I could see Coop recognizing aspects of his mothers in Jackie, because they're all strong, but a romantic interest???

Edited by elvisgrace, Jul 24, 2009 @ 12:34 AM.

Funyun

Funyun

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 5:45 PM

I think there should be emphasis on in Coop's word; then it actually makes sense.

elvisgrace

elvisgrace

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 9:40 PM

I think there should be emphasis on in Coop's word; then it actually makes sense.

I dunno, I think that makes it borderline Oedipal, therefore just icky.

jennifda

jennifda

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2009 @ 10:54 PM

I think what it means is that he starts having feelings for her and in his imagination (mind/"world"/what have you), he thinks they belong together. Not that Jackie agrees or that there is any possibility in reality.

sighle

sighle

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:04 AM

Currently Wikipedia has posted unreferenced plot summaries for episodes up to 112.

For the Aug. 10th episode they have this:

"Jackie makes an unusual ploy to get Coop off her back about the fake organ donor card; O'Hara helps Jackie remove her wedding ring before a quickie with Eddie; Jackie begins mother-daughter dance lessons with Grace. "

For the Aug. 24th episode they have this:

"Eddie learns the truth about Jackie's family."

American Snob

American Snob

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 23, 2009 @ 12:14 PM

Apparently according to Ausiello, Mo-Mo is headed to Mandyville (a little West Wing pun for those unfamiliar) and his departure is not explained in the first two episodes. That really sucks, I enjoyed his character a lot and I believe he contributed much to the show overall. To say that his character ran its course is absolute bull. There was way more that the writers could have explored. Hopefully the issue gets addressed in a later season 2 episode.

frostedglass

frostedglass

Stalker

• Interests:Comedy, yoga, reading TWoP

Posted Jan 4, 2010 @ 10:14 PM

Nurse Jackie is getting gayer, despite the loss of Mo Mo (booo!) Boo on Mo MO, not boo on gay.

http://www.afterelle...n-second-season

I think the main character with a gay past revead could be O'Hara. Anyone else have a guess?

lincoln84

lincoln84

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 21, 2010 @ 10:05 PM

I suspect it is O'Hara too...Julie Ormond is the actress guest starring for 3 or 4 episodes and "falls in love with a doctor" according to Variety. I doubt it is Coop. I definitely wanted more of OHara for season 2 but I'm not too sure about this storyline if true. I don't see her as gay but I trust the writers to make this work. She is a great actress. Julie Ormond is also British so it is probably good casting.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

• Interests:Television, Dogs, Languages, Music, Imaginary Hallucinations, Being Weird

Posted Jan 24, 2010 @ 5:28 AM

I really enjoyed the first season of the show, but the fact that they dropped Mo-Mo without explanation makes me dread the new season. I just find it disrespectful to the actor, the character and the fans if a regular character just disappears without any explanation and it makes me disrespect the writers of the show. I accept that the writers write him out for creative reasons, but I think they owe it to the actor and the audience to at least give him a proper send-off, a farewell episode of some sort. Just letting him disappear without any explanation feels like the character isn't worth of more screen time and it pisses me off. Not to mention that they don't seize the story potential of his exit.

In the past I've stopped watching other shows, because they suddenly dropped important characters and never mentionned them again.

lincoln84

lincoln84

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 24, 2010 @ 5:11 PM

Someone posted on another site who worked on the show and said that the MoMo actor was a big pain on the set. Who knows if this is true of course but it would explain the odd exit and the writers keeping quiet about it.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2010 @ 3:22 AM

My husband brought home a DVD of the first two episodes of the new season; they pretty much gloss over what Jackie did at the end of season one, it starts with her and her family on vacation. The deal with the pill machine is chalked up to a glitch. She won't call Eddie back, so he tries to commit suicide to get her attention. I didn't even notice Mo-Mo was gone until I came here to post this. They gave more air time to Thor. Zoey is cute as a bug. Jackie's husband and Eddie are still clueless about each other.

All in all, both episodes were really good.

xmanson

xmanson

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2010 @ 10:21 AM

I thought both episodes were kinda meh. They replaced Momo with Thor, and I barely noticed a difference. The show has interesting charcaters and plots, but the tone seems kinda off, I was expecting something darker and funnier. But all the pill machine bussiness and Jackie's husband friendship with Ediie will hopefully blow up in a big way.

Edited by xmanson, Mar 19, 2010 @ 10:37 AM.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

• Interests:Television, Dogs, Languages, Music, Imaginary Hallucinations, Being Weird

Posted Mar 20, 2010 @ 4:19 AM

The first two episodes were a bit of a let-down, for sure, but I still liked them. But what angers me somehow is that the writers said that there was no need for Momo to return because O'Hara took his position as Jackie's best friend, but then they basically just replace him with Thor, which means that he had a function in the show after all and would not have needed to be written out? Oh well. I liked Zoey's storylines the best. Zoey/God was hilarious.

vanilladutch

vanilladutch

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:31 AM

Thor is such a poor man's Momo.

The one thing that irked me about this episode is that you can't OD on Xanax--the LD50 is 331 to 2171 mg/kg. Even if Eddie weighed 100 pounds, he'd need about 15,000 mg to reach toxic levels. The largest dosage Xanax comes in is 2 mg; if Eddie took 30 of them that's only 60 mg.

ETA: Okay now that I've actually thought about it some more, clearly as a pharmacist Eddie would have know this, making it pretty safe as far as suicidal gestures go.

Edited by vanilladutch, Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:34 AM.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 3:49 AM

From last week's Ausiello:

Question: I canít get enough of Nurse Jackie! Scoop! óDanny
Ausiello: An integral character will make a surprising comeback in the season finale.

Please, let it be Momo. Though when I think about it, it's probably Eddie coming back to the hospital. But I want Momo. :(

kieyra

kieyra

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2010 @ 8:18 PM

For those who have seen eps 10-12 that got leaked: just me or did they close out the season without ever once referring to her season one overdose?

melemoopoo

melemoopoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 7:49 AM

Why no, kieyra, its not just you, it wasnt mentioned at all. I hope they pick up season 3 right where ep 12 ended.

fauxphysician

fauxphysician

Video Archivist

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 11:17 AM

What? No explanation/reveal about Season One's cliffhanger? That's really lame and from a story arc prospective quite indefensible. I can accept that she may or may not have regained consciousness in time to get home to Kevin's surprise party--she's wearing the new ring in S2's opening scene, so no biggie. But that she wasn't there to help O'Hara admit/deal with her comatose Mother WAS a big deal and should have been addressed or at least referenced. "Fool me once..."-- if they use the same device at the end of this Season, I doubt I'll buy it

Omnomnomicon

Omnomnomicon

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 12:48 PM

My attention span is not the most amazing so I'm curious to see if someone else will notice a reference to the OD in the final episodes. I didn't see it, however; and yes, it makes it hard to get invested in believing that the current finale, which was actually quite powerful, will have any effect on season 3.

I checked the season 2 premiere episode thread to make sure I wasn't going crazy--and while there are no links, there are indeed several references there that the showrunners promised to address the season 1 finale over the course of the season. It's all secondhand, though.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2010 @ 3:54 AM

I really liked the season. In comparison to United States Of Tara, Nurse Jackie did a good job at keeping up with the quality of season one. The only thing that I actively disliked was Eddie's development. At first I was angry that the sweet guy from season one would turn into an obsessive stalker, then I was angry that they have been building up the tension between Jackie and Eddie all season, just to end the season without a big fall-out. Eddie is basically back to being his season one-self in the finale, easy-going, not pushing so hard and apparently without the intention of revealing the truth to Jackie's husband. I thought his whole development was weird. I also disliked that there was a bigger focus on the characters sleeping around, because it reminded me of Grey's Anatomy. I hope co-worker-sex won't be such a big focus of season three. But I liked how they gave more depth to the other supporting players, especially Gloria, who really opened up this season after only being a comedic villain last season. While I liked Momo and hate it when characters just disappear, I realized that I didn't miss him in the end. Thor filled the void just fine. I liked Sam, but the actor is kind of boring and I feel like they could have done more with him and Jackie. Overall, this season had a great mixture of drama and comedy and I'm already looking forwards to the next season. I don't think they will ignore the cliffhanger of this season. It's too big to be ignored. I buy that Jackie could not have been discovered last season, but this season the other characters are involved in the cliffhanger. Also, Jackie's "I'm Jackie and I'm an addict" was pretty telling at the end.

It's funny, last season I prefered United States Of Tara over Nurse Jackie, but this season it's Nurse Jackie with quite a headstart.

cmklaw

cmklaw

Channel Surfer

Posted May 27, 2010 @ 10:17 AM

Anybody care to share the Season 2 cliffhanger and when/how they already viewed the episode? Thanks!

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2010 @ 10:28 AM

Season 2 cliffhanger: Kevin and O'Hara confront Jackie about her addiction. Jackie tells them to go **** themselves and escapes into the bathroom where she has some kind of beach vision, looks at herself in the mirror, says "I'm Jackie and I'm an addict", starts laughing and we are done with the season.

Omnomnomicon

Omnomnomicon

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2010 @ 1:58 PM

I think we're explicitly not supposed to spoiler-tag in the spoiler-thread, but I'm not a mod. I'm going on the basis of how early-viewed episodes are handled in other subforums/threads here.

I think she also says "Blow me" into the mirror at the end. Once I got over the consternation of realizing they were not going to comment on last season's cliffhanger at all, I was able to admit that the S2 finale is fairly powerful--Jackie sees the 'intervention' coming and freaks the fuck out, and lashes out like a wild animal at Kevin and Eleanor. Just all this nastiness bursts up out of her, and you can really see that it's the addiction talking. Maybe it's also shocking because I expected her to try to play them and sweet-talk her way out of it, but instead all her careful control just flies out the window. It's pretty uncomfortable to watch--I could really feel her panic and utter disbelief at getting 'caught'.

All I think we can say about the final episodes' source is that they're out on the internet. It happens a lot with SHO for some reason.

ETA: I just re-read the post above mine, and I think I missed this part (I might have been watching from behind my hands because her freakout was terrifying):

Jackie tells them to go **** themselves and escapes into the bathroom where she has some kind of beach vision

I don't remember the beach vision. Could this tie into the S1 finale and S2 premiere on the beach? Were the beach and everything after it supposed to be fantasy/dream? I don't see how, since I assume they're bringing back roxicet guy next season. Or maybe not.

Edited by Omnomnomicon, May 27, 2010 @ 2:01 PM.

Bex

Bex

Channel Surfer

Posted May 27, 2010 @ 9:56 PM

I was disappointed with the very end. A person who is that hostile to being confronted would likely have not gone upstairs to the bathroom but walked straight back out the door. And in the agitated state she was in, it seemed out of place for her to stand staring dreamily into the mirror for 30 seconds.

For what it's worth, I don't think she said "I'm Jackie and I'm a drug addict"... I think she just heard it in her head like a nagging shaft of wisdom, and her reaction to hearing it in her head was to laugh and say aloud "blow me."

What I think was an attempt to make O'Hara look torn just didn't seem very believeable. She was all fired up to confront Jackie over the MRI, repeatedly calling her. Then the "private matter" conversation between O'Hara and Jackie just made no sense. O'Hara seemed to grasp at that point that Jackie is a lying, drug-seeking narcotic abuser, her suspicions are confirmed... so she basically drops it? And then when Kevin tells her Jackie is a lying, drug-seeking narcotic abuser, she's re-fired up for an intervention? She just didn't come across as an experienced ER doc, friend or no friend.

I doubt the tackling by Thor will be the end of Seizure Man. I look forward to whatever mayhem he adds to the family troubles. A drug dealer robbed of $12,000 is not likely to go away quietly and forever.

So, a whole season later and they still haven't addressed the Season 1 finale?

Edited by Bex, May 27, 2010 @ 10:01 PM.

melemoopoo

melemoopoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2010 @ 2:02 AM

O'Hara seemed to grasp at that point that Jackie is a lying, drug-seeking narcotic abuser, her suspicions are confirmed... so she basically drops it? And then when Kevin tells her Jackie is a lying, drug-seeking narcotic abuser, she's re-fired up for an intervention? She just didn't come across as an experienced ER doc, friend or no friend.

I dont think she fully grasped it. This is just personal opinion, but I think she probably let herself believe that Jackie was what she said she was, scared there was nothing wrong with her, and just wanted a couple of Oxy to get by. I think when Kevin showed her the bill, thats when she really saw what was going on. That scene just crushed me by the way, poor O'Hara, when Kevin says you cant believe a word Jackie says and she replies "thats not true" so so sad :( I heart Eve Best.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2010 @ 11:07 PM

Where did you all see the season finale?

melemoopoo

melemoopoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2010 @ 11:25 PM

It's been leaked online.

JennyBeans

JennyBeans

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2010 @ 8:01 AM

Dr. Coop's moms are coming back, but Blythe Danner isn't.