Mod Announcements: Please Read

• Please log in to reply

18 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 8, 2009 @ 12:59 AM

Hi, everyone. I'm going to be the moderator for this Top Chef Masters forum.

If you haven't read them before or need to review, please read the forum Dos & Don'ts and the FAQ.

Feel free to start threads you think we'll need here. Those of you coming over from the Top Chef forums will be familiar with the drill there: I'll start the episode threads, and if you start contestant threads, be sure to format them like this:
S1 - Donald Duck
We'll get to the nicknames for the threads later.

If you have any questions about the forum, you can ask them here or send me a PM.

canasian

canasian

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2009 @ 11:38 AM

Aaaaand I just found out what no one is here yet. When will this show be added to the big yellow drop-down menu on the front page? I never use that because I enter through the TFS forum that I have bookmarked and use the scroll bar at the bottom, but half the people who ate going to watch this show haven't even found this forum because of this.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 9, 2009 @ 12:07 PM

According to Strega's post here, probably any time now.

MariaArg

MariaArg

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2009 @ 3:03 PM

It's in the small white drop-down menu in the forum pages, though.

canasian

canasian

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2009 @ 1:29 PM

I guess that it's too late for the threads that have already been made, I have a suggestion: if we have threads for every chef on this show, then the forum is going to be cluttered with threads that may be posted in once or twice except for the six who make it past the final rounds. So, maybe we could have one catch-all thread for the 18 people who only appear in the semi-final rounds? They do this in the America's Next Top Model and American Idol forums and it keeps the forums more organized.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 11, 2009 @ 1:57 PM

I'm not too worried about it. If no one's got anything to say about a chef, then there won't be a thread for him/her. So far, there's only one for Hubert Keller -- not the other chefs -- from last night's episode, for example. And if the show lasts, we can get a contestant subforum like in the Top Chef forum, and I can move all the contestant chef threads over there when the time comes.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Jun 11, 2009 @ 1:58 PM.

canasian

canasian

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2009 @ 2:06 PM

That makes sense. I never thought about the possibility of a cheftestants subforum.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 12, 2009 @ 10:26 AM

I started a ratings and scheduling thread since there were a couple posts this morning about ratings and/or scheduling in different threads. Those posts have now been moved to the new Ratings and Scheduling thread.

Uncle Benzene

Uncle Benzene

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2009 @ 12:33 PM

I'm not too worried about it. If no one's got anything to say about a chef, then there won't be a thread for him/her.

Hi Nikita. Quick question. Would it be bad form to start a thread for a cheftestant solely for the purpose of submitting a candidate for the thread's eventual nickname? (Initially formatted as you've suggested, of course.)

I can't imagine there won't eventually be a thread for Wylie. And of course, the nickname just has to be "You can eat when you find the Dufresnes!"

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 17, 2009 @ 2:06 PM

You need to have something to say about Dufresne, more than just quoting his bio, but as long as you do have something to say, you can start a thread for him.

I'll go ahead and start the Thread Nickname thread for anyone who wants to suggest nicknames. You can just go ahead and suggest nicknames there, too, even without a thread for him yet if you want to.

canasian

canasian

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 4:40 PM

Somehow I missed the Ratings and Scheduling thread in the forum, and I know I looked. Sorry for posting the double thread; I'll move my post. I don't think it's in my power to delete a thread, though.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 17, 2010 @ 10:46 PM

I'm going to be away from computers for a couple days, and Mars will be covering for me if anything comes up.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 4, 2010 @ 10:30 PM

I forgot to say I've been back since last week.

MagnusPoopsie

MagnusPoopsie

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

Hi Nikita, can we start a thread where we can discuss/complain about the new format changes for S3?

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 22, 2011 @ 7:21 AM

Sorry for the late response; I've been away, but I'm back now.

That thread concept seems rather limited in scope, so I think for right now the best place to discuss what is and may happen in Season 3 is the Speculation thread.

If it's a topic that gets a lot of discussion even after the season begins, then starting a Seasons vs Seasons thread would probably be the best idea since I think most of the discussion would be about Season 3 vs Seasons 1 and 2.

Speaking of the new season beginning, I've moved all the Season 2 threads to the Past Masters subforum in preparation.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

I received news today that TC: Masters is going to be PHed. So, this forum will be archived, and there will be a single thread for it in Competitive Reality around the middle of June, probably around the weekend of June 9-10.

jackiecat

jackiecat

Channel Surfer

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

What the heck is PHed?

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

Put in Permanent Hiatus.

You can scroll through the full list of shows the site's covered over the years and see which ones are in Permanent Hiatus status.

jackiecat

jackiecat

Channel Surfer

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Thanks for the explanation.