Sanjaya Malakar: American Idle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

54 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2009 @ 9:41 PM

Sanjaya Malakar was born in the Seattle metropolitan area in the large suburb of Federal Way. On September 19th, 2006, Sanjaya entered the open audition for "American Idol," along with his sister, Shyamali. Both advanced to the Hollywood round of auditions. On May 23rd, Sanjaya performed at the American Idol finale with the top six males. Sanjaya was the only contestant below third place to be featured in a solo on the finale that night.

Edited by TWoP Gadget, May 31, 2009 @ 9:49 PM.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 6:36 PM

Won't it be funny if he winds up being the closest thing to a sympathetic person on the show? I mean I think we might admire Janice, and laugh at Frangela, but that's not the same thing as feeling sorry for them. Sanjaya might be all pathetic and make people feel for him. Certainly nobody is going to be wasting sympathy on Mrs. Blago or Spiedi.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

Yes, the butt of so many AI jokes may very well turn out to be one of the best players. He was really likeable.

oh shizzle

oh shizzle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:50 PM

He'll definitely get some sympathy votes when people see him rubbing Lou Diamond Phillips' feet every night!

Psychrometrics

Psychrometrics

Couch Potato

• Interests:Picking up the snark where I left off...

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:30 PM

Sanjaya was all kinds of awesome tonight, next to Speidi and Frangela. Hope he is in the final 5!

Also, if he wins the challenge, Lou deserves to give HIM the massage. It would be crazy!

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:43 PM

Sanjaya was all kinds of awesome tonight, next to Speidi and Frangela.

Aw. Frangela's only REAL crime is BEING on this show. Before stooping that low, they could occasionally be awesome.

spaghettijimmy

spaghettijimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:09 PM

I'm impressed with little Ms Sanjaya's performance, i would have thought that he would be more delicate.

passiveagessive

passiveagessive

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:17 PM

SanVajayjay....hee

firelova

firelova

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:40 PM

Sanjaya is the main reason I'm watching this show I'm not even gonna lie. I hope he wins just for the sake of it, he was robbed on idol and this shall be his compensation. LOL @ him licking up milkshake SOOO many jokes!

Psychrometrics

Psychrometrics

Couch Potato

• Interests:Picking up the snark where I left off...

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:51 PM

I'm still cracking up over the fact that he swallowed that lizard's tail. I just kept thinking "Hmmm....Sanjaya swallows" and I just die.

firelova

firelova

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:55 PM

I'm still cracking up over the fact that he swallowed that lizard's tail. I just kept thinking "Hmmm....Sanjaya swallows" and I just die.

Not to mention a surprising lack of a gag reflex ;)...... Just sayin'

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 8:01 AM

On AI, before Sanjaya became a vote sucking juggernaut, he seemed like a genuinely nice little girl. I remember that the judges told him that they thought he was a much better singer than his sister, and he refrained from letting that information slip when he was getting interviewed afterwards with her. He also made a lot of really nice and supportive comments about his fellow contestants. I've got him in my top three for this show.

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 8:27 AM

I am not an Idol watcher though I know who Sanjaya is. He and Lou were my favorites in the first episode. He seems like someone who would be underestimated.

Oh and points for going through with the mohawk.

LAFilmFan

LAFilmFan

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 4:21 PM

Sanjaya was just as sweet last night as I remember him being on American Idol. Plus he has that sorta rebellious streak that makes him very appealing. I hope he goes far. Oh, and thanks for the shirtlessness too! ;-)

Tony Gancarski

Tony Gancarski

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 10:12 PM

I feel like I should feel worse for drooling over him.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 10:21 PM

I feel like I should feel worse for drooling over him.

He's by no means an ugly guy, but there's just something off about him. It's not the haircut, because even in his "before" interview in some fancy hotel, he still looked odd to me. He's got this enormous forehead and these really thick eyebrows that, I don't know, don't do him any favors. And he's so damn thin it turns me off. His voice is also oddly pitched. If I'm not watching the screen when he's talking, I think it's one of the women I'm hearing.

I really did not mean for this to be a post ripping the guy to shreds. At least I didn't mention his singing voice!

Edited by Stinger97, Jun 2, 2009 @ 10:21 PM.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 11:34 PM

I am liking this guy. No not that way. All I knew of him was seeing him in all the entertainment news segments when he was on American Idol. Now, seeing him on this show, he seems like such a nice guy and not wanting to ruffle any feathers.

hockeypuck2

hockeypuck2

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 9:08 AM

I was not a fan of his when he was on American Idol. I am liking him on this show. He's doing well in getting along with people and in the competitions.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 10:52 AM

Sanjaya is very zen - I'm enjoying watching him on the show and hope he does well.

Diva Las Vegas

Diva Las Vegas

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 11:32 AM

He's cute and he has steel balls. What's not to like?

spaghettijimmy

spaghettijimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 12:13 PM

Sanjaya is a sweet kid, actually he is my favorite on this dumbass show. Who wants to lay bets that when that big old bed was revealed at camp, and that big buff LDP was going to get into it, that Sanjaya was hoping that Lou might invite him to sleep in it with him?

emziez

emziez

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 12:49 AM

Sanjaya is going to be so fierce on this show. I love him on this. Did not love him on AI, but always thought he was completely sweet.

As he said, there is more to him than "niceness" and I can see him busting out with some freaky shit, like obscure talents and bizarre skillz. Just you wait!

Bookworm06

Bookworm06

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 1:24 AM

OK, Sanjaya Malakar is the gutsy badass who rocks the place. Who the HELL saw that coming? Actually, I did. It's the same 'tude that kept him from rolling up into a tiny weeping ball with his thumb in his mouth on AI. Glad to see he's found a show he's good at. Would somebody PLEASE execute Speidi so some of the other people - like Sanjaya - can talk?

Diva Las Vegas

Diva Las Vegas

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 12:31 PM

True. If you've got the guts to sing in front of millions knowing Simon's going to rip you a new one afterwards no matter what, you've got to be hardcore.

He's an admirable kid.

LAFilmFan

LAFilmFan

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 6:25 PM

I thought he handled the "adversity" on American Idol very, very well. He didn't whine, and he didn't give up. He just kept on going and doing his thing.

Now about all of us admiring the "whole package" of Sanjaya, does anyone know how old he is now so we don't have to feel all squicky about, um, our admiration?

mshepnj

mshepnj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 6:26 PM

Has anyone else been watching Sanjaya on that other reality show? He's... kinda badass. Who knew?

(moved from the Old AI/Sanjaya thread)

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Jun 4, 2009 @ 10:12 PM.

emziez

emziez

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 6:48 PM

Sanjaya Malakar was born on September 10, 1989
Making him a ~~VIRGO~~

So he's the baby of the bunch and ten thousand times more mature, hardcore, fabulous and wonderful than Speidi. I remember Frangela and others talking about Speidi were children and thus should not get anyone upset, but the truth is Sanjaya is younger than both of them. They could learn ninety things from him. But obviously won't.

He would be so much fun to raindance with.

IBreakForCats

IBreakForCats

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 6:56 PM

I caught a glimpse of him on the show. Boy, does he look ugly ! I did not think he was good-looking even when he was on Idol but now he is one ugly dude !

(moved from the Old AI/Sanjaya thread)

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Jun 4, 2009 @ 10:12 PM.

Diva Las Vegas

Diva Las Vegas

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2009 @ 11:05 AM

ten thousand times more mature, hardcore, fabulous and wonderful than Speidi.

And with that, emziez has kindly given us a new thread title. ;->

DsMuse

DsMuse

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 8:40 AM

Well, I figure I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here is better than Celebrity Rehab...so there's that, lol.

I don't know much about this show, but apparently there are Fear Factor/Survivor-like challenges involved. I think Sanjaya might do well. If he survived Simon, he can survive anything. I'm really looking forward to having Sanjaya back on my TV for a few weeks. The show starts June 1, and then is on several times a week through June. I'm pulling for you, Papaya!

He's actually one of the stronger ones on this show. I wonder though, would he have left his hand in that hole like Lou Diamond did? Oh, and the mohawk is cheesy.

Moved from the American Idol forums.

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Jun 7, 2009 @ 12:57 PM.