Spencer (Pratt): For Hire

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

54 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2009 @ 9:40 PM

Spencer Pratt is an American reality television personality known for his role on MTV's "The Hills." He is well known as husband of Heidi Montag and brother of Stephanie Pratt, who also appears on "The Hills." He attended Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, California. Pratt was also featured on the short-lived series "The Princes of Malibu" with Brody Jenner and Brody's brother, Brandon. Pratt and Montag eloped on November 20th, 2008 in Mexico, even though it was later determined that the marriage was not recognized by U.S. authorities. The two legally married on April 25th, 2009 in Pasadena, California.

I'm not sure if the show is counting Spencer and Heidi as one individual entity or two separate contestants, hence, the two separate threads. We can always merge them if needed.

Edited by TWoP Gadget, May 31, 2009 @ 9:51 PM.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 6:38 PM

If only his last name has one less "t", it would be the most appropriate surname EVER!

NoFNclue

NoFNclue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 7:53 PM

1 word, TOOL!!!

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 8:03 PM

1 word, TOOL!!!

Even moreso because every last thing he does has one point: getting attention/press/pseudo fame/notoriety

And to give him "credit" (but only in the loosest sense), what he does works. People DO pay attention to him and his idiot cohort. So he can make all the lame sounding protestations about being a "supervillain" he wants to, but really he's not boasting or being as delusional as you think. He doesn't ACTUALLY want to be a supervillain. He wants attention and money.

dupreesgal

dupreesgal

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 8:11 PM

I don't watch "The Hills". Is he for real? Or is he just being an asshat for the cameras? If so, he is a pretty good actor.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:37 PM

I'm with you, Dupreesgal. I don't watch "The Hills" and after seeing Spencer, I never will. I only know him and his 'creepy flesh-colored beard' from "The Soup". I had no idea that he was such a creep. I DO think that he was overacting for the camera.

oh shizzle

oh shizzle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:40 PM

I DO think that he was overacting for the camera.

(whispers) "That's the problem!"

Edited by oh shizzle, Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:40 PM.

Mister Alex

Mister Alex

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:42 PM

If only his last name has one less "t", it would be the most appropriate surname EVER!

Ever so true. In fact this title thread should just simply be Spencer: Prat For Hire.

GoodGirl

GoodGirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:02 PM

(whispers) "That's the problem!"

HA!

I hate Spencer but without him and Heidi not too much would be happening on this show. These "celebrities" suck. That will be Spencer's saving grace. (And Heidi in tears about the label being torn off her dry shampoo was hilarious!)

Edited by GoodGirl, Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:04 PM.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:09 PM

I hate Spencer but without him and Heidi not too much would be happening on this show.

I wonder.

If Speidi wasn't there I wonder if Janice might not be acting up more to fill the vacuum.

And doesn't this show (at least the UK version) have some twist where if things get boring they might bring in more "celebs" later on? That always sets up a "tension" dynamic.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:17 PM

I actually think several of them might be more crazy if they weren't bonding over their dislike of those two complete idiotic douchebags.

Psychrometrics

Psychrometrics

Couch Potato

• Interests:Picking up the snark where I left off...

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 12:00 AM

You know, for as douchey as Spencer is in life, he certainly did have some verbal gems tonight. I could not BELIEVE the stuff he was spewing while his oily-faced wife was sobbing and fake praying right beside him!

Spencer and Wife are ridiculous, but somehow, I can't turn away from watching them now. Besides, their anguish is my greatest joy.

Bubbacat

Bubbacat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 7:47 AM

Congrats, Spencer (whoever you are). You know you're accomplished something when Stephen Baldwin is not the biggest tool on the show.

Now go away.

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 8:47 AM

I had never seen The Hills except for Joel McHale making fun of it so I was shocked at just how awful a person Spencer is. It makes Omarosa's marketing seem quaint in comparison.

I agree that the other celebs haven't brought the crazy because they're bonding over the Spencer idiocy. I don't even hate Janice or Stephen yet because of this creep.

Is the vote who we want to stay or who we want to go home? If it's the first, we'll be stuck with this jackass for awhile but the second would make him easily gone.

ag54

ag54

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 10:18 AM

This guy is absolutely crazy, like "Coach" from Survivor CRAZY! He kept going on and on about what a "celebrity" he is and how the rest are not - UH hello.... Who watches The Hills?? Teenage girls?? Hate to break it to you asshat - but Lou diamond and Stephen Baldwin are a hell of alot more famous than you and your 15 minutes will ever be. hahahahahaha

My husand, who had never seen the guy or heard of him or his loser wife, basically said. "OMG - they are married - please tell me they won't procreate, we don't need more self indulgent idiots like either of them in this world!!!"

Oh, and one more thing - as for your "newly found Christianity", me thinks you need some lessons on what the basic tenets of the Christian faith entail because, you sir, are no Christian...

Edited by ag54, Jun 2, 2009 @ 10:23 AM.

ThatGrrl

ThatGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 12:00 PM

Oh, and one more thing - as for your "newly found Christianity", me thinks you need some lessons on what the basic tenets of the Christian faith entail because, you sir, are no Christian...

I'm betting those two aren't big readers. Probably read the beginning of the First Testament and said, "Oh, vengeful God! I can do vengence!" That whole New Testament "love your neighbor as yourself" part is as foreign to them as shutting the hell up if there is a camera within 2000 yards of them.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 12:21 PM

http://www.usmagazin...-of-here-200926

Good Riddance!

Codger

Codger

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 12:29 PM

And another article.

Mister Alex

Mister Alex

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 12:32 PM

Probably read the beginning of the First Testament and said, "Oh, vengeful God! I can do vengeance!"

"Especially childish, pointless vengeance! I'm great at that!"

duffy76

duffy76

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 1:55 PM

Oh my...

Spencer's Rap Video

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 2:39 PM

It's stuff like that music video that lets me know that both Spencer and Heidi are playing characters. The one thing I don't get, though, is if they understand just how ridiculous they look. If they do, they don't care because they're only doing it for the money. I can't fault them for that, of course, but damn. I'm still sad that the two of them have allegedly left the jungle!

Is it wrong that, while laughing at that video, I found it kind of catchy? Shoot me.

FashionVictim19

FashionVictim19

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 3:35 PM

Daniel Baldwin & Holly Montag to Replace Speidi
I didn't know where else to put this since there's not a media thread - so I put it here since the news of them leaving has already been reported in this thread.

Edited by FashionVictim19, Jun 2, 2009 @ 3:36 PM.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 3:59 PM

This guy is absolutely crazy, like "Coach" from Survivor CRAZY! He kept going on and on about what a "celebrity" he is and how the rest are not - UH hello.... Who watches The Hills?? Teenage girls?? Hate to break it to you asshat - but Lou diamond and Stephen Baldwin are a hell of alot more famous than you and your 15 minutes will ever be. hahahahahaha

See... he's doing exactly what he planned. Now you know who he is. His plan worked.

He's crazy sure, crazy like a fox. How does this earn him a living you ask? Simple. Now more tabloids will persue this jerk and his useless wife for photo ops, another reality show is slightly more likely to have them on, another magazine more likely to write a piece about them, and some more douchebags who owns sleazy clubs will pay him and his ball and chain appearance fees for showing up.

I know Daniel is no better than Stephen, but how does Holly compare to Heidi? Anyone know (or care)?

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 5:50 PM

For the love of God can't we as a society stop giving money to these entitled untalented rich morons? I wouldn't be caught dead watching the Hills so other than a clip they showed on The Soup I hadn't been exposed to the waste of space and black hole of taste that is Spiedi. Even this much is too much. I'm begging people with any standards at all to stop watching shows like the Hills and encouraging these people. When I think of all the talented actors and writers that can't get work when these people get millions it makes me weep.

oh shizzle

oh shizzle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 6:11 PM

I don't know anything about Holly Montag, but it's too bad they did not get Spencer's sister Stephanie to replace Heidi. She was hilarious on The Soup this past week and might be pretty interesting on this show.

scubatiggrr

scubatiggrr

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 7:22 PM

This is crazy!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2...sloppy-seconds/

Audrina thinks she is a star!! ROFLMFAO

What a joke!!

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 8:24 PM

How does he think the whole beard thing is a good idea? And why did he come into the jungle with the beard, especially knowing that there was a possibility (however slim it was) he would be out there for 3 weeks? Wouldn't a normal person go into this clean shaven? I find him kind of attractive (don't judge me!) but the beard put him into ugly territory for me. A little creepy too.

Mulva

Mulva

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 11:29 PM

Priceless: Spencer saying his faith in God was confirmed when he prayed to meet and hang out with Miley Cyrus, and within a month, his prayer was answered. Wonder what he'll pray for next. I'm guessing an end to world hunger is out, as long as he eats.

And another Xtian note: In the denomination in which I was brought up, any baptized Christian can baptize someone else. No need to be an ordained minister. Just add water. And in these days of easily-available Internet ordination, it's not like "ordination" really means that much. I'm ordained, praise Jebus. Just sayin'.

Psychrometrics

Psychrometrics

Couch Potato

• Interests:Picking up the snark where I left off...

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 11:54 PM

And another Xtian note: In the denomination in which I was brought up, any baptized Christian can baptize someone else. No need to be an ordained minister. Just add water. And in these days of easily-available Internet ordination, it's not like "ordination" really means that much. I'm ordained, praise Jebus. Just sayin'.

Furthermore, physical baptism is not necessary to becoming one, either.

eirefire22

eirefire22

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 12:03 AM

Spencer is "praying" for NBC to bring them back:

http://twitter.com/spencerpratt