Heidi Montag: Welcome to the Jungle, We've Got Dry Shampoo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

55 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2009 @ 9:39 PM

Heidi Montag is an American reality television personality, fashion designer, pop singer, and aspiring actress. Montag, along with Spencer Pratt, have made a joint fortune of $3 million in the last two years with the help of TV salaries, club appearances, photo shoots, and business deals. On November 20, 2008, Montag and Pratt had a marriage ceremony in Mexico. No family members were present for the 15-minute ceremony. Since then, she and Pratt became legally married in a church ceremony in front of family and friends in Pasadena, California on April 25th, 2009.

Please note: I'm not sure if they're treating her and Spencer as individual contestants or "a team", so that's why they have individual threads.

Edited by TWoP Gadget, May 31, 2009 @ 9:47 PM.

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 12:09 AM

According to reports, Speidi have already tried to quit. Twice.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 7:20 AM

I saw that. Seriously what sort of fairytale is going on in their collective brain that makes them think they are better than any of the other D-listers here?

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 12:25 PM

K Fed is a real celebrity?? *falls down laughing* Janice is going to have soo much fun with these guys.

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 1:21 PM

The picture that is accompanying the story of Heidi's bumpy participation in the show thus far (the one of her crying) is absolutely priceless.

Christina07

Christina07

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 2:07 PM

I'm hoping Speidi make it close to the end so that they have to suffer out in the jungle for longer.

Janice is going to have soo much fun with these guys.

I think I'm tuning in just for that. Janice will eat them alive.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 6:34 PM

If I was laughing any harder, my stomach lining would be on the floor.

Psychrometrics

Psychrometrics

Couch Potato

• Interests:Picking up the snark where I left off...

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:28 PM

I can't believe that I am about to say this, but I think that I may actually LOVE Heidi on this show! Girl is so over-the-top and ridiculous! Love her and Spencer praying with Patti Blagojevich about her husband. Too EPIC!

Also, the plugging of her.....excuse me, the EVANGELIZING of her new shampoo product?!? Ratings GOLD!

Mister Alex

Mister Alex

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:40 PM

Also, the plugging of her.....excuse me, the EVANGELIZING of her new shampoo product?!? Ratings GOLD!

She WAS clutching that shampoo to her chest like a crucifix most of the time, it seemed.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 11:16 PM

Jebus Saves!

But apparently only if it gets you camera time!

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 8:39 AM

Oh my god. The shampoo thing (well, the Heidi and Torrie part, not Spencer's) was comedy gold. I hope Heidi is stuck here for a long time - without her husband - so we can see her desperation.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 10:58 AM

She's gone.

http://www.usmagazin...-of-here-200926

oh shizzle

oh shizzle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 11:41 AM

Oh well. I'm not surprised she wasn't able to hack it in that fake jungle environment. At least we got to see her eat a rat's tail and some scorpions before they quit.

Edited by TWoP Roxy, Jun 2, 2009 @ 12:54 PM.
please be sure you're using spoiler tags correctly

Marchpane

Marchpane

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 9:22 PM

I am going to say the only nice thing I will ever say about this chick - I thought she looked pretty without makeup (yes I know about the nose job and who knows what else work was done there, other than the fake platinum hair.)

That said - how pathetic quitting so quickly.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 9:30 PM

That said - how pathetic quitting so quickly.

Would that opinion vary if that was the plan all along?

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2009 @ 10:10 PM

No. It was supposed to be for charity. All they cared about was promoting themselves. Which in it's self is fine. Fish gotta swim. Famewhores got to whore themselves. They could have done both but they are soo spoiled and selfish. I hope they made a huge donation to their charity but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 6:41 PM

No. It was supposed to be for charity. All they cared about was promoting themselves. Which in it's self is fine. Fish gotta swim. Famewhores got to whore themselves. They could have done both but they are soo spoiled and selfish. I hope they made a huge donation to their charity but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Hey... so she's no Mother Teresa, okay?

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

LMC28

LMC28

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2009 @ 12:07 AM

TWoP Forum Newbie here! Hi!

I detest Heidi and Heidi and Spencer, but I have to give her credit - she ate that rat tail and those scorpions (?) without complaining. Even I would complain.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jun 6, 2009 @ 10:12 AM

I detest Heidi and Heidi and Spencer, but I have to give her credit - she ate that rat tail and those scorpions (?) without complaining. Even I would complain.

I'm sure she has had way grosser things in her mouth.

rockinmyredsox

rockinmyredsox

Couch Potato

• Interests:Red Sox baseball, entirely to much television watching, running, reading, scrapbooking & being a full time Mom and Army Wife.

Posted Jun 6, 2009 @ 8:16 PM

Just got a tweet on Twitter from gossip site PopEater which said "US reporting Heidi Pratt rushed to a Costa Rican hospital with an undisclosed medical emergency."

No link as of yet, but I'll keep searching...just wanted to pass it along in the never ending saga/drama of Speidi!

Edit: Found a link from US mag Heidi Pratt Rushed to Hospital in Costa Rica

Pepper the Cat

Pepper the Cat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2009 @ 8:32 PM

Just got a tweet on Twitter from gossip site PopEater which said "US reporting Heidi Pratt rushed to a Costa Rican hospital with an undisclosed medical emergency."

Did she run out of her dry shampoo and go into withdrawal?

Regular Joe

Regular Joe

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2009 @ 11:08 PM

Heidi Pratt rushed to a Costa Rican hospital with an undisclosed medical emergency.

Exhaustion?

hockeypuck2

hockeypuck2

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 12:56 AM

I think it's because she found out they weren't going to be voted back in. She had a panic attack.

rockinmyredsox

rockinmyredsox

Couch Potato

• Interests:Red Sox baseball, entirely to much television watching, running, reading, scrapbooking & being a full time Mom and Army Wife.

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 1:50 AM

It gets better! According to TMZ, "We've learned Heidi was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with a gastric ulcer, after being held with hubby Spencer Pratt in a dark room for a day and a night with only water, rice and beans. It was designed as punishment because they left the show. One cast member described their treatment this way -- "It's the same as Guantanamo Bay."

also found this quite interesting: "We're told some of the cast members want to quit, but their passports have been taken away and they are under guard. "

Here is the full report from TMZ: Heidi & Spencer-Tortured?

michigander

michigander

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 2:01 PM

Various reports said she was suffering from a stomach infection, but there was no immediate comment from either NBC or Spedi's rep.

The news was broken by Spencer's sister, Stephanie Pratt, who tweeted that "[Heidi was] rushed to the hospital and has an IV in her arm after being locked in a dark room for 3 days w no food or water. Pls pray she will be ok…Her family is flying out to see her in the hospital."

The younger Pratt blames NBC for going "too far" in punishing the Hills couple after they tried to quit the bug-eating, jungle-surviving show after just one episode and then begged to return.

http://www.eonline.c...costa_rica.html

ThatGrrl

ThatGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 2:14 PM

also found this quite interesting: "We're told some of the cast members want to quit, but their passports have been taken away and they are under guard. "

Even if this were true, it at least sure looks like they can quit (just like Heidi did), but wouldn't be able to leave the country without a trip by the US embassy if in fact they don't have access to their passports (something I doubt is being done in the threatening manner described). Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised that their passports are being kept safely for them (not from them). I don't think I'd want my passport with me, in the elements. And any guards are probably more to keep people out, than the contestants in. Heidi and Spencer left just fine, so I really doubt the statement that anyone is being held against their will is true.

And 3 days in the dark for Speidi? It was only supposed to be one night, so I don't know where that came from. Weird.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 7:21 PM

No. It was supposed to be for charity. All they cared about was promoting themselves.

The "celebrities" who go on The Apprentice get paid to do so and the "stars" who go on DWTS get paid, even though the winner just receives a mirror ball. I think the "celebrities" on this show get paid something as well.

NBC was filming everything, so I think they can prove that those two had food and water. Why Spencer and Heidi would want to get into a fight with NBC is beyond me. Unless this is all a publicity stunt.

FashionVictim19

FashionVictim19

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 8:30 PM

NBC Says Speidi Is Delusional

The key points:
NBC folk are going after Spencer Pratt something fierce. Here's what they're saying...

-- Spencer and Heidi Pratt quit "I'm a Celebrity ...Get Me Out of Here!" last Monday, and stayed in hotels for 3 days.
-- There were no critters where they stayed, other than the usual bugs in Costa Rica.
-- They were indoors at all times protected from the elements, even though other cast members have been sleeping outside in daily thunderstorms.
-- a source on the production tells us there were medics on scene the entire time and the whole thing was filmed.
-- Stephanie Pratt tweeted that Heidi was "locked in a dark room for 3 days w no food or water". Not true, we're told it was 8-10 hours max, with food and water.
-- They were never in any danger and they slept most of the time.
-- No one is being held against their will.

Spencer says it's all BS ... they were effectively tortured and he's planning on suing NBC.

I can't wait to see the footage. Spencer can't even manage to be a proper "villian" on The Hills. He really thinks he can outdo NBC? Good luck.

Bookworm06

Bookworm06

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2009 @ 10:39 PM

Are these two kids in the process of destroying their lives and careers, filmed in real time on national TV?

If I were one of the other cast members, I'd want out of this crap now, too. This is grossly unfair to everybody else.

firelova

firelova

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2009 @ 1:09 AM

Are these two kids in the process of destroying their lives and careers, filmed in real time on national TV?

HEH! This is their career but I wish this would kill their career.....

I hope this drama translates to the Monday episode, It seems as if all the funny stuff is happening off the show. They really should have done celebrity big brother instead, that way we would have seen everything.