1-1: 2009.06.01 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

104 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2009 @ 9:36 PM

The discussion (and the show, for that matter) start here.

Before anyone asks, technically, this IS the second season for this show -- with the first on ABC in '03.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Jun 3, 2009 @ 1:31 PM.

DTrainMcClain

DTrainMcClain

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:00 PM

WTF happened at the end?

turn2theriiight

turn2theriiight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:01 PM

First time viewer of this show. I dunno about it...

Dear God, please oh please put a bag over Janice Whatever's horrific face.

John "Sally from the valley" is hilarious. As are the comic sisters.

The wrestler babe is H-O-T. Oops, fake bazoombas, nevermind.

Patti B is kinda cute. Too bad she is corrupt beyond belief and soooo deserving of jail time.

SanVajayjay is still a loser. And swallows, what a shock...

Can't stand the Dinner and a Movie segments.

So Janice Whatever is also a useful idiot.

Nevermind, I've already lost interest.

Roller Girl

Roller Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:02 PM

Wait, wtf was that? 1 hour and 59 minutes of complete boredom, and then 1 minute halfway interesting and then that's it?

Edited by Roller Girl, Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:05 PM.

silentwilight

silentwilight

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:03 PM

Wow, this show is already my new TV reality crack. I kind of didn't want it to end, I'm so sad.

When did Heidi (and Spencer) become born again Christians or whatever? Heidi kept mentioning religious stuff and when she was crying about her dry shampoo and Spencer going crazy she was like "Spencer is a new Christian!"

Arynm

Arynm

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:06 PM

Spencer is a tool. Heidi was actually spraying stuff on her hair during the live bit.

I thought/hoped they were going to waterboard the "celebrities"; does that make me a bad person?

Janice rules, as does John Salley. I like Frangela and surprisingly, Sanjaya.

Forgot Lou Diamond! Love him!!

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:24 PM.

4Sibes

4Sibes

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:07 PM

I'm surprised that the only people I want to punch in the face are Spencer and Heidi. I guess I've matured!

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:07 PM

What I don't understand is why Spencer & Heidi didn't compete at the end. Hmmmmm.....

This show is kind of shit, but I'll watch again.

dupreesgal

dupreesgal

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:08 PM

Not going to acknowledge Heidi/Spencer. John Salley and Lou Diamond were great. Patti B was delusional. The others faded in the background. I'll stick to it though. It will get interesting.

HurriKaty

HurriKaty

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:08 PM

Heidi didn't compete because it's uneven teams right now. Spencer didn't because he's a toolbox, I'm assuming.

God help me, I think my favorite is actually Sanjaya.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

Janice Dickinson makes Joan Rivers look natural.

This was much less entertaining than I was led to believe by the interview posted here a few days ago. The hosts are awful, as are most of the contestants. I think I'll go back to my original idea and give this show a miss.

HighMaintenance

HighMaintenance

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:10 PM

I got through about 20 minutes of this "turd in the punchbowl" show. The reality show "acting" is ridiculous and forced and I'm convinced that all of this is playing out on some sound stage not in "Costa Rica". The location looked about as convincing as the set of Gilligan's Island. I just can't be bothered to watch these sad and sorry fame-whores, of which, 75% I've never even heard of before - and hope to never hear of again. Yawn~

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:13 PM

That was kinda bullshit that they didn't do the challenge. So the food scraps attract the rats? Hmmmmmmmm. Perfect way to get rid of the douchebag. Tie his ass down and start using him as the human garbage heap! I hope to god they go soon. I'm already over them. They think they are more interesting than what they are. Boring ass phonies and Heidi is a non entity with co dependecy issues. A big thank you to MTV and whoever watches the Hills for creating these monsters.

Edited by casey22, Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:15 PM.

tominboston

tominboston

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:15 PM

Bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. Gross things to eat (cow intestine milkshakes, yum!). Purported celebrities who I've mostly never heard about and/or don't care about (and unlike Survivor, no attractive young women in bikinis or sense of real competition). I guess the fact that I actually watched the whole second hour says that somehow I need to either get a real life or more channels.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:16 PM

Spencer and Heidi are the most insufferable douche bags ever to tarnish the art of television. The ground needs to open up and swallow both them sparing the rest of humanity another second of their existence.

I'm rooting for John Salley. He seems the most laid back right now, apart from his arachnophobia which the show will surely exploit for as long as possible.

Cizmad

Cizmad

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Repression, Abandon

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:22 PM

Um... Sanjaya's instant offer to rub Lou Diamond Philips' feet? Was amazing. I kind of hope it gets inappropriate and uncomfortable up in there, all "I could rub your calves too, if you want...".

I already can't wait for the post-show interviews with Spencer and Heidi where they talk about how unfair it was for the hosts to be making fun of them, and how they were edited to look worse than they are.

Spencer and Heidi? Whoops! You're the worst.

oh shizzle

oh shizzle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:37 PM

Spencer and Heidi are terrible, yet without them this show would not be nearly as entertaining. The longer they are on, the more we can see Joel McHale make fun of them on The Soup!

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:43 PM

I think the show will be fine. They still have crazy Janice she will step up to the plate. All the douchbags do it sleep and not work. The longer they are on the more they think they are important. They are not good reality tv because they are boring as hell. The dead spider was more interesting.

IWalkAlone

IWalkAlone

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:47 PM

I had this show on in the background so I missed some stuff. I agree with whomever said this show looks like its being filmed on some second-rate Gilligan's Island set. I thought it was horribly unconvincing. Spencer is an asshole. Why in the hell did he get all up in the lady's ( don't know her name) face??!! I also thought it was incredibly rude for him to ask that other lady (don't know her name either) about why her husband was arrested?? I was waiting for someone to tell him its none of his fucking business! Do people get voted off this show?

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

The unconvincing part for me was when they were having the eating challenge and it seemed to be raining everywhere but on the contestants. Maybe I missed something.

chesslover

chesslover

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:13 PM

I love this show. Very inspirational. My poo tastes funny.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:16 PM

OK, I went into this with an open mind, thinking that it was just a fun parody of Survivor, only with celebrities rather than Ruperts, etc.

After 45 minutes I changed my mind and turned off the TV (which I rarely do once I've started watching something.) A Survivor full of Rupert clones would have been better than this. In my view, this boring bit of dreck is the ugly baby that would result if Survivor mated with Celebrity Apprentice.

I mean, these are celebrities? And people say that the celebs who do DWTS are desperate D-listers. With the exception of Lou and John, none of these people are fit to wipe even Kim Kardashian's dancing shoes. Putting it another way, there isn't a letter of the alphabet low enough to describe these morons. And the Speidi drama got old after the first five minutes.

Anyway, I gave it a shot. Now, I think the producers should be shot.

Edited by legaleagle44, Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:17 PM.

spaghettijimmy

spaghettijimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:20 PM

Sanjaya's instant offer to rub Lou Diamond Philips' feet? Was amazing. I kind of hope it gets inappropriate and uncomfortable up in there, all "I could rub your calves too, if you want...".

LMAO!

BTW, Heidi/Spenser Shut it you insufferable twats.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:22 PM

I totally admit I am a 'Speidi' virgin; I've never ever seen anything they've been on ever. And after watching the two of them tonight, I feel like I've been screwed with my panty hose still on.

I think I despise him as much as I do Dr. Phil. And that's HUGE /Heidi

What's that Jesus? You are busy with the famine and destruction? But.....but.... Spencer needs the strength to apologize so give him all of your attention. Oh, and punch him in the nutsack because he's the King of America and make sure Heidi is behind him so she can get a see you next Tuesday punt.

Amen.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:29 PM

Love this show. Wondering why it took 6 years for it to have another season.

Edited by Malibu65, Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:35 PM.

spaghettijimmy

spaghettijimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:34 PM

I totally admit I am a 'Speidi' virgin; I've never ever seen anything they've been on ever. And after watching the two of them tonight, I feel like I've been screwed with my panty hose still on.

Oh man, now I am really busting a gut...

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:40 PM

SO much to snark on here. So very much. Excuse me though, I have to take a moment to wash my mouth out from all the puke in it.

It starts off in the first few minutes bad...

*Stupid Prat calls himself a "supervillain".
*Heidi declares she's going to work on her tan.
*Barney Rubble says he's "been on a few reality shows".
*Frangela tries to sound happy they are there.
*La Bamba tries to sound all serious about this.
*Sanjaya tells us he "has a wild side".
*John Salley talks about hating spiders.
*Mrs. Blago says she's "going to cry". Rather than curse like a sailor like she usually does?

But oh... it gets SO much worse...

A few "great bits" from later on in the episode ("great" is a relative term):

*The title card "Sanjaya Malakar: Pop Star"
*Tori Wilson says "Its a delicatessen or something..." I HOPE she meant "delicacy".
*"I've never had something that disgusting in my mouth". Right, Heidi. This one isn't even up for debate. We KNOW you have. He's sitting right NEXT to you.

shriekingeel

shriekingeel

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:47 PM

*"I've never had something that disgusting in my mouth".

You know that's going straight to The Soup.

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:48 PM

I loved this trainwreck. From Heidi's vapid lunacy to Frangela's sass and Janice being Janice, it did not disappoint. I just hope America doesn't vote off all the fun immediately.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 10:53 PM

La Bamba tries to sound all serious about this.

LOL. I totally thought you meant LaBamba from the Max Weinberg 7 and geeked out for a minute, then realized you were talking about that wife beater LDP.