Make It or Break It

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2492 replies to this topic

relynn

relynn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:44 AM

So I'm assuming they were intentionally trying to parallel Jordan and Coach Mac with Payson and Sasha? Because it seemed pretty obvious to me, what with Jordan's big smiles and her being a power gymnast trying to find her artistic side. Mac seems like a good guy so far, but you'd think they would want to have that storyline progress differently, so I don't know. (And speaking of Sasha, only two more episodes until he's back, right?)

Actually I don't see Sasha/Payson at all. Rather I see a father/daughter vibe with Coach Mac and Jordan. I.e I can see Coach Mac and his wife adopting Jordan. I actually wouldn't mind Jordan getting a family. I find Kaylie's attitude towards their old coach favoring Jordan to be a bit much when its clear Jordan has nobody.

All I know is KP better get on that team.

Shangrilala

Shangrilala

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

Can we all stop and take a moment to applaud Mr. Shangrilala? When Mark was telling Payson why they were considering the move back to MN, he said "your sister isn't going to go elite." Mr. Shangrilala looked up from his computer game and said: "What does he mean? She was getting close to elite status while the blonde girl who only wears purple was out with her back." Color me seriously impressed. And speaking of which, I'll say it again, they totally missed a GREAT opportunity for drama and tension by bringing in Wendy instead of Becca.

I loved the exhibition. Other than the fact, that Kaylie couldn't pause mid-vault, I loved the tribute to the great gymnasts before them. Particularly Lauren's Olga Korbut beam. And I liked that they caught the shot of her on the beam in the stag handstand. That's such an iconic shot of Olga, and the direct side shot was nice camera work on the part of the crew.

On a slightly off topic note, did anybody enjoy those routines better than what they do in regular gymnastics now? I know that the level of difficulty is no longer comparable, but there was a grace to those routines that the majority of today's American gymnasts sorely lack.

I could care less about Jordan. Seriously. I wish the writers would stop trying to force a character. They did it with Emily and now they're doing it with Jordan. And it doesn't make the character likeable, it makes them annoying. In season 1 I think they desperately wanted Emily's character to be the "star" of the show. Instead, Payson, who was simply introduced to us as an over intense, over serious gymnast wound up being the fan favorite. Why? Because they didn't push her on us. Now they're doing the same with Jordan. I don't care about her past, I don't care about her relationship with Coach McIntyre. Why? Because they introduced the girl as a self-entitled brat with a serious attitude problem, and the actress, until this episode, was playing her WAY too hard. There's nothing appealing about that.

I'm not buying Payson not forgiving Kaylie. It's bizarre and totally out of character. For starters, Kaylie just found out it was Payson that day. She could have said that they hadn't even had a chance to talk privately. Furthermore, I think Kaylie's rationale that it would really break Payson, way too close to trials, was a fair one. Perhaps Payson disagreed, but it's not like it was a decision made out of selfishness or deceit. Plus, Sasha knew who leaked the tape. Summer knew who leaked the tape. Steve knew who leaked the tape. Ellen Beals knew who leaked the tape. There were plenty of other people who knew about it and didn't tell Payson. Not just Kaylie. I think if they're trying to set up tension between Kaylie and her friends, there's enough there with the Austin and KP factor. Teenage girls do not take kindly to their best friends suddenly spending all their spare time with their boyfriend or another girl, no matter how the two came together.

Didn't Kaylie tell Carter she loved him in season 1? Or in the final episode of season 2 when he chooses Lauren while she's leaving him the voicemail? I know we heard Carter tell Kayle that he loved her. Did she not ever say it back?

deaja

deaja

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

I missed most of Season 2 (I hate ABC Family's schedules) so can anyone tell me when Kaylie's parents divorced? I think I missed that.

Direqh

Direqh

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:29 AM

Oh poor KP. Her crazy-ass mother is so over the top. I'm so glad the coach shut her down. Also, is anyone a little weirded out by this super peppy and friendly KP? I mean I like it, but it's also a bit disturbing.

KP's mom's complete lack of people-savvy, especially for an agent/manager is pretty unintentionally hilarious. Seriously, you're going to serve your daughter's black coach fried chicken, calling it "soul food", at a special dinner? If that got public it could probably destroy KP's career all by itself, forget the attempted bribery. And yeah, I've always thought KP was essentially a decent person and I like her becoming friends with Kaylie, but her little puppy dog act is jarring.

Coco2

Coco2

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

I'm not buying Payson not forgiving Kaylie. It's bizarre and totally out of character. For starters, Kaylie just found out it was Payson that day. She could have said that they hadn't even had a chance to talk privately. Furthermore, I think Kaylie's rationale that it would really break Payson, way too close to trials, was a fair one. Perhaps Payson disagreed, but it's not like it was a decision made out of selfishness or deceit.

Yes, this was my reaction, too. I could see Payson being angry at first but not being THAT angru with Kaylie, who really was not trying to do anything hurtful to anyone. What Lauren did was far, far worse and she forgave Lauren pretty quickly.

I think the Keelers could have postponed the move with the Olympics only a few short weeks away. I mean, they have poured so much money into Payson's gymnastics. Why not see it through?

I am glad Kelly didn't get penalized for her mom's nonsense. I was concerned she would since the coach would likely have no way of knowing Kelly wasn't in on it.

I hope the Lauren illness means she ends up being out. Frankly, it's realistic. Every year there are girls who get so, so close, sometimes even making the Olympic team, and then get injured at the worst possible moment and have to withdraw. It's heartbreaking to watch when it happens in real life and it'd be great drama for the show. Also someone needs to point out to Lauren that her "it's my health, my choice" attitude is really not true. If she makes the Olympic team knowing she has a heart condition, and it gets bad enough that she has to drop out before or during the Olympics as a result, she puts her teammates in a bad position. I am pretty sure that once the team is selected and submitted, no more alternates can be selected. So if she has to withdraw and maybe there are more injuries, she could seriously screw the team over... knowingly. But Lauren only thinks of herself.

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

While I totally agree that Payson not forgiving Kaylie seems out of character and ridiculous because she's forgiven Lauren and trying to rebuild their friendship, I also think the "betrayal" bites a lot deeper. The shows tells us that Kaylie and Payson have been friends for a long time, and for the majority of the show's timeline, they are closer than Payson/Lauren. So even though Lauren did the actual betraying, the fact that Kaylie knew and didn't say anything (even though it was only for a short time) probably hurts more in the grand scheme of things. I'm not trying to write off the behavior, but I can see why Payson might potentially be more angry with Kaylie than with Lauren. However, Payson isn't usually the type to keep grudges, and Kaylie's behavior was just a misguided attempt to keep Payson safe, so it's definitely a bit out of character that she's still giving Kaylie the silent treatment.

I am glad Kelly didn't get penalized for her mom's nonsense. I was concerned she would since the coach would likely have no way of knowing Kelly wasn't in on it.

I'm glad and I'm not. I'm glad because Kelly didn't know about it or deserve to be punished for her mother's terrible, clueless behavior, but I also kind of wish something else had happened, because I don't believe she really got the coach's message at all.

I hope the Lauren illness means she ends up being out. Frankly, it's realistic. Every year there are girls who get so, so close, sometimes even making the Olympic team, and then get injured at the worst possible moment and have to withdraw. It's heartbreaking to watch when it happens in real life and it'd be great drama for the show. Also someone needs to point out to Lauren that her "it's my health, my choice" attitude is really not true. If she makes the Olympic team knowing she has a heart condition, and it gets bad enough that she has to drop out before or during the Olympics as a result, she puts her teammates in a bad position. I am pretty sure that once the team is selected and submitted, no more alternates can be selected. So if she has to withdraw and maybe there are more injuries, she could seriously screw the team over... knowingly. But Lauren only thinks of herself.

This, so much! Lauren's behavior is not only harmful to herself, but harmful to the Olympic team as a whole. If she is physically unfit to compete, she shouldn't and she shouldn't be taking a spot for a girl who is physically able to compete. Last summer there was a female figure skater who was fined for failing to disclose an injury and competing anyway-- resulting in a terrible performance that cost the US a third spot in the next year's competition. Lauren's behavior is selfish and she could potentially get in trouble with the NGO. And in reality, there are lots of potential hopefuls who are injured or who just don't make it on the team and it would be true to life to something like this happen to one of the main girls. As long as it's not Payson.

Ptzop

Ptzop

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

KP's mom's complete lack of people-savvy, especially for an agent/manager is pretty unintentionally hilarious. Seriously, you're going to serve your daughter's black coach fried chicken, calling it "soul food", at a special dinner? If that got public it could probably destroy KP's career all by itself, forget the attempted bribery.

I think that was intentionally hilarious, especially considering the shared eye rolls between coach & Jordan.

Was that Kathy Nijimy still? She looked so different. It sounded like her. She must have maxxed out her botox.

Edited by Ptzop, Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:16 PM.

MilaNese

MilaNese

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

Was that Kathy Nijimy still? She looked so different. It sounded like her. She must have maxxed out her botox.

This! Even her diction was poor because her mouth did not move freely. Weird!

I am so glad the parents are not a major part of this season, I kept doing something else (tidying up 580 building blocks, ironing the shirt for tomorrow, cutting my toenails, anything really) every time Kaylie's parents were on screen. Ugh. And I thought Mrs Keeler might have some horrible cancer or something, then it was just a move. Payson is 17 (18? Nobody seems to be schooled anymore), she could even rent a room at that age. You don't need to throw a hissyfit, and your parents should not really expect and fear a hissyfit, because of a move when you are an adult (or nearly an adult). I moved out at 17 to go to college and one would think that Payson would also eventually go to college, therefore leaving... whereever the Rock is. And her parents had only moved there because of her... it only makes sense that they would move towards a better job (or any job in the case of jobless Mr Keeler).

I am glad KP is not in with her mother, pretending to be nice to backstab or anything like that. That said, nice KP seems to be a rather shallowly written character, she was much more interesting when she was evil in season 1.

Austin and Kaylie... I don't care, and still her I love you kind of gave me butterflies. Aww. Pity Rigo wasn't in town.

I liked the gymnastics in this, thought the tribute to olympians past was sweet and well done (plus everyone looked real pretty), but Baby G would have made a better Olga Korbut or Nadia Comaneci, just by physiognomy. However it seems like Baby G had the week off. Is it sad that I recognized Nadia's routine (could see her doing it inside my head instead of Jordan/Jordan's body double)? I guess watching it a hundred times does that to you.

Finally applause for mr. Shangrilala! In my head Becca Keeler's departure from gymnastics is explained in a "Mackenzie from Dance moms" way. She just looked at the camera and said "I want to sit at home and eat chips all day long". Good for you Becca Keeler! Sisterly shoes are often hard to fill!

sienna gold

sienna gold

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

Dear Show: Not!Sasha is not OMG!SashaBelov. So please stop trying to make me like him
(even though, when he said to Jordan - I'll be your support today - my heart grew three sizes two big. I do totally see Annie and Not!Sasha adopting Jordan when this is all over).

I had to say KP and Jordan's wtf? look was hilarious,and Jordan saying "That was... MY shining moment" cracked me up. I think this is why I like Jordan a heck of a lot better than Emily. Jordan to me has a legitimate reason to be wary and stand-offish, and have an attitude, and she doesn't freaking choke all the time. (She just doesn't like the artist part of gymnastics). Emily had an excuse for everything from here till Sunday. And then some.

I remember reading in a book by Cherie Bennett (Girls in Love), that a figure skater had an irregular heart beat, and it actually was a hole in her heart. So when Payson was like - "Irregular heartbeat" I shouted "HOLE IN THE HEART! Can't compete!" (but in all seriousness, are you telling me that this has never come up before? Ever? This girl has been under pressure before - international competitions, the World Championships, and I get that the Olympics are a big to do, but this should have been addressed ages ago). Anyway - if Payson was smart, she should tell Mac, because as someone pointed out - this is no longer about Lauren, this is about the team. Lauren could cost the team a medal. (And I suppose,she could die and all, boo hoo).

I think they really did address Becca's desire to NOT be elite. Even though she was getting better when Payson had her back injury, didn't she say that she just really wanted to hang out with friends and stuff? (Am I making that up in my head?)

I think there is a deadline for when the team needs to be chosen - but you do have 3 alternates. (I think 2 fly out, and 1 stays home, no alternate is considered part of the team, so no swag, Olympic Village, nada). But if you go through your alternates you are hooped. I remember this because in 1996, the Romanian team was decimated with injuries to the point where a bunch of them actually had to compete injured because there was no one else to take their place (and they had 6 girls, instead of 7, which it was why it was so amazing that they won the bronze - but everyone forgets that because of the drahmah that was Mag7 and the Russians).

Now that there are more girls again - I hope this is the Olympic Team:

Kelly Parker
Payson
Jordan
Wendy
Unknown Girl
Unknown Girl

I don't really give a fig newton about Kaylie and I think EVERYONE would be happy with Lauren not making it.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

So glad that no one in the Keeler family is dying. I am surprised that Payson was so childish about her family moving back to their hometown. She is only going back to Colorado for a few weeks then it's on to the Olympics. Totally surprised that she wanted to stay with Steve and Lauren instead of Kaylie and her mom. Payson and Lauren have become much better friends. Almost partners even.LOL.

I missed Rigo and could barely tolerate Kaylie and Austin's I love you's. The less I see of the two of them the better. I too would be perfectly fine with Kaylie not making the Olympic Team. She has become my least favorite character now, replacing Lauren and the departed Emily. She annoys me because they write her as oh so perfect and I can't stand it when she acts snotty as well.

KP is very different. I wish that they had left a little brashness in her instead of all of this neediness she seems to have. Maybe it's because it's Kaylie she's trying to bond with, if it were Payson I'd probably like it a little better.

As far as Coach McIntire. I have never seen a gymnastics coach waltz around the gym coaching his gymnasts while wearing jeans with a huge buckle and cowboy boots. He's stepping all over mats with those things. Most coaches seem to favor sweat suits and tennis shoes. The accent needs to go too.

Edited by Mikita, Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:46 PM.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

I've been catching up on this season so far and I can't say I miss the parents really, outside of the fact it makes me sad not to see Kim when Payson's dad is present. Is Peri Gilpin making any appearance this season? I was thankful the news was about the Keelers getting a divorce.

What I'm not really understanding though is why Payson & Lauren were so down on Kaylie initially for spending time with KP. I get why Payson is mad at Kaylie now, though it is a bit ridiculous when she's forgiven Lauren pretty much, especially when Kaylie knew the truth for all of a couple of hours. But while I understand being mad at a close girlfriend for spending too much time with their boyfriend and that side of things, Kaylie started spending time with KP strictly because they were paired together. Lauren & Payson were paired together and therefore had the opportunity to room together and spend as much time together as they wanted. Kaylie was paired with KP. Was she supposed to ditch her partner and treat her like an outcast so as to keep Lauren & Payson happy? Don't get me wrong in that Kaylie annoys me at times, but I thought it was a bit hypocritical that the other two were giving her the cold shoulder for something beyond her control for the most part. Kaylie didn't choose KP.

I'm okay with the defanging of KP so to speak, but she is kind of hard to watch as a character these days since she's clearly so desperate for any sort of human contact/friendship.

Peterased

Peterased

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

This may be a mistake, but in case it's not: ABC Family released their May programming highlights today, and the May 14 finale is described as the "Series Finale." And they're definitely not reaching the Olympics by then...the description begins, "After years of training and commitment, it all comes down to this: who is going to the Olympics and who is left behind."

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

This may be a mistake, but in case it's not: ABC Family released their May programming highlights today, and the May 14 finale is described as the "Series Finale." And they're definitely not reaching the Olympics by then...the description begins, "After years of training and commitment, it all comes down to this: who is going to the Olympics and who is left behind."

All I can say about this is WTF?!?! And also, if true, is complete bullshit. How can we get so close to the Olympics and then leave it hanging?! I am hoping this is a mistake, but it's true that as of right now the series was only picked up for eight episodes, and renewal is probably dependent on numbers, of which I can't seem to find any.

Furthermore, I didn't watch this show just to find out who makes the Olympic team-- I want to know who wins!!

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

What a let down. I guess they didn't want to spend the money on another set? I feel cheated. They've been talking about the Olympics since the first episode and we don't even get to see that through. Besides, we already pretty much know who makes the team. Oooooh, who's going to be the alternate? Who cares!

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

I knew that this was going to happen. The creator made that statement about this batch of episodes would end just before the Olympics. I knew that the likely hood of them getting renewed again was probably very slim and thus we would never get to see the girls compete at the Olympics. That is a shitty way to treat their loyal fans. They should have gone ahead and wrapped the show up in these 8 episodes. Why do producers do this when they know that their show is on the bubble? It's so dissatisfying as a viewer when this happens.

Peterased

Peterased

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 2:00 AM

I'm still crossing my fingers it's a weird mistake in the press release. It's a bizarre way to reveal the cancellation , as I don't know who (other than me) even reads the press releases, and it's not even a highlight in the release. I have seen spelling errors in ABC Family's press releases before, but if they said "Series Finale" when they meant "Season Finale", that's seems like a much worse kind of error.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

Agreed. There is no reason they couldn't have wrapped up the TC storyline in 3-4 eps and then given us the Olympics. They've mostly been treading water with the new coach and choosing the team. It's clear who it's going to be; time to get to the main event before the actual Olympics happens.

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 7:06 PM

Agreed. There is no reason they couldn't have wrapped up the TC storyline in 3-4 eps and then given us the Olympics. They've mostly been treading water with the new coach and choosing the team. It's clear who it's going to be; time to get to the main event before the actual Olympics happens.

I'm a bit angry that they didn't do this. I wonder what their reasoning is? I mean, there's not much to work with right now, especially since we essentially know who's going to London. My only guess as to why they didn't do the Olympics is because it would be too expensive to do two sets and it wasn't worth it to spend money on a show that was being cancelled? It doesn't make much sense to do an entire season dedicated to the Olympics after it happens. Jerks.
Big, stupid, jerks.

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

You guys are so right-- if there was never any intention to renew this show, they should have spent 3-4 episodes focusing on the TC and Olympic Trials and then devoted the other four episodes to the Olympics. Instead we're getting silly drama over Lauren's health and we basically know who will be making the team in any case. If we were only ever going to get 8 episodes, they could have really ratcheted up the tension and emotion, but no... so frustrating.

I can't help feeling like this is going to end up being some sort of "you get to choose who wins" when we learn who is on the team but don't get to see them compete. LAME. Does anyone get the feeling that ABC Family doesn't want to show fake Olympics with the real Olympics coming up?

KaveDweller

KaveDweller

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

I hope they at least do some voice over/text wrap-up thing after the last episode telling us the results. It's lame, but it would allow for some closure.

I guess they didn't want to show the Olympics in case they got renewed after these 8 episodes? There's not much they can show after that.

Houddy

Houddy

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

I'm sure money was the reason we aren't getting the Olympics. It's not just the sets but the hundreds of extras, to make it realistic we'd need footage of London, we'd need to see at least a couple other teams compete (which means specialized extras), the parents would have to come back which means getting them all and paying them. And since there really wasn't a chance of this show coming back, why would they spend the money.

I'm kind of okay with not seeing an Olympics episode because what would it be? Just several not actually Olympic level routines because they can't afford gymnasts who are actually good enough to convince us it is the Olympics? Plus, I don't want to risk them being tempted to give someone other than Payson the gold. I could just see them trying to shock us by having Lauren win for some kind of redemption, or Jordan so she would actually have a point for existing, or that annoying newbie because it would be more dramatic for our girls to realize they are past it and can't compete with the kiddies anymore.

What I'm most disappointed in is that we probably won't get a where are they now thing. I am actually more interested in what they will do after the Olympics than what happens at the Olympics. Will Kayley do commentary? Payson run a gym with Sasha? Lauren finally die?

I understand the annoyance of not getting the Olympics but surprisingly I think I'm just fine with it. I didn't think I would be but there you go.

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

The only way they can redeem this season is if Lauren dies in the last episode. Or needs a heart transplant or something. If she just has some little thing wrong with her, then this season is a HUGE bust. Honestly, especially with the new found Lauren/Payson friendship, I can't believe they're not giving us Olympics. That's a interesting dynamic that could caused some interesting drama at the games. Now it's just like ooooh Payson and Lauren are friends and now Lauren has something wrong with her heart and Payson is taking care of her. BORING. And what the fuck was the point of introducing new characters anyway? WAHHHH WAHHH! This show has become a huge letdown. I should just get over it b/c I'm not only way out of the target audience, but I'm aware that this show was shit to begin with. Why can't I get over it? Why do I care who wins what at the Olympics? Why do I care?

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

It's a good point about the money issue. I could be ok with not seeing the Olympics for the reasons Houddy stated-- it would be lame to see a half-assed Olympics. I would like to get some kind of closure, though, and at least know what the girls go on to do after the Olympics.

twoods

twoods

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:13 AM

Blah with ABC family. How is it that they suck me in with their shows only to cancel them? (Greek,Kyle XY, and 10 things)

I am also hoping that there is some voice over or narrative of how the Olympics went. Sad that I haven't finished watching this week's episode since I found out there is no Riggo. How did Paysons cute relationship be the only reason I watch this show? Maybe it is a sign that it is at its end.

dad2two

dad2two

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

My TV froze up and I missed who made it and who did not. Best I can tell,

Kelly Parker -not
Jordan - yes
Lauren - no due to heart
Payson - yes
Kaylie - yes
Freaky young girl - yes

Who else made it? That's only 4.

meatball77

meatball77

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

When did Baby G turn into Mona?

Fun episode. Who wants to bet there will be some miracle cure for Lauren.

Peterased

Peterased

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

On Twitter, series creator Holly Sorensen revealed the finale in 3 weeks is the series finale.

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

So... series finale. That blows. Thanks, ABC Family. We really appreciate it. I guess this means if I don't like the ending I can pick my own! I hope ABC gives us some sort of epilogue, as long as it doesn't suck.

I was wondering what the hell was wrong with Payson this episode. The Payson we know and love wouldn't sneak out to meet up with a boy when the Olympics are on the line. Really?! I could believe Payson spilling the beans about Lauren's heart condition though-- her heart was obviously in the right place and Payson always does the right thing. I'm sorry Lauren completely turned on her, in typical Lauren fashion, but I also understand how upset Lauren was over getting cut from the team and losing her dream. I was glad Kaylie stood up for Payson's decision and told Lauren she would have done the same thing.

Why is KP's mom still around? She's psycho and I'm over it. If none of the other girls have parents or agents around, then why does KP get to have hers around? LEAVE NOW, please. I was so glad that KP shut her down in the end. As much as I have been liking KP, I'm kind of glad she's gone because now her mother is gone also. But KP was amazing this episode and I am sorry to see her go.

I have to say, even though these girls aren't real gymnasts, I am impressed at how in shape they all are.

Wendy is an evil genius-- this isn't Pretty Little Liars. I don't really get why she wants to take the Rock girls down, though. She's peaking in time for the Olympics and like it or not, the Rock girls are solid gymnasts who can make a good team. Why does she hate them so much? This is weird and out of the blue. And I don't care.

Girls who are in:

Kaylie
Payson
Wendy
Jordan

...and some unknowns we don't care about. I have to say, props to ABC for at least making it a little surprising, although I don't know why because it's not like we'll see the other girls who aren't main characters already.

Still don't care about Jordan, but I'm betting this move that she won't perform has something to do with why she and Kaylie aren't friends anymore.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

"It's Emily Kmetko all over again" Really show? If only that were lamp shading and not just pure irony, I might respect this show more.

Things I gleaned from this episode otherwise:

• Lauren is still alive, but at least out of the running.
  • This show is still ridiculous with the BS brat phenoms doing idiotic things and getting through anyway (Emily, Jordan, and pre-heart condition Lauren)
  • Baby-G is evil, but no so much a genius. Why take down girls who would be helpful to winning team gold? She doesn't seemed to be angling for a spot since she seems secure in her position, but rather to take down the Rock girls as a group. If they weren't going to be helpful to winning, they won't be on the team anyway. If the are good enough, keep them around idiot.

I will miss KP, but that goodbye scene was a bit much.

As for the preview, I still don't care about Kaylie and Jordan's back story. Kaylie hasn't been interesting in a while and Jordan never was (you know, the five minute she's been around.)

Storm03

Storm03

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:51 AM

I'm really pissed off. They literally got another season on the skin of their teeth right before the actual Olympics start and the show doesn't bother to include the damn Olympics??? I can't fault abcfam here since they basically told them they were getting cancelled by only getting 8 episodes