The Little Couple

• Please log in to reply

2711 replies to this topic

kohola3

kohola3

Fanatic

Posted Today, 09:39 AM

The boy questioning Bill was old enough to have know that approaching an adult in that way was inappropriate. It's one thing when a child under the age of 5 blurts out thoughts but an 8 year old should know better and certainly not use that tone of voice. And even a 5 year old can be quietly reined in if behaving badly.

I would never in a million years have spoken in that fashion to an adult when I was young but then my parents took the time to educate me on proper, respectful behavior.

Bill was very philosophical about it and knows what his kids will have to endure which, I would imagine, makes him sad.

Marigny

Marigny

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 11:11 AM

"Mommy, CAKE!"

Ljohnson1987

Ljohnson1987

Loyal Viewer

Posted Today, 01:42 PM

Did anyone else want some cake while watching this? I sure did. The tea party with Jen and Zoey was adorable. 

PecanSandie

PecanSandie

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 01:54 PM

Some parenting advice for Jen: Stop asking those kids so many questions! Be the authority, don't give them the authority. They are not old enough to handle it, that's why YOU are the parent.

But kudos on the cute tea party and relaxing enough to eat in Zoey's room. Lovely. 

Don't be so intimidated when Zoey throws her little fits. If you keep giving in and indulging her you are going to create a monster!!

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted Today, 02:38 PM

I loved the tea party. I hope there are many more in the coming years for Zoey and her mama!

Don't be so intimidated when Zoey throws her little fits. If you keep giving in and indulging her you are going to create a monster!!

Zoey had been living with them for three months or so when last night's episode was filmed. They're learning, too. There's a big difference between the spoiled children I see on a daily basis and a little girl who's still adjusting to her new family. She's human, they're human, and they're doing their best.

trimthatfat

trimthatfat

Video Archivist

Posted Today, 03:07 PM

I just caught the cake episode this week (where Will wanted the cake and wouldn't stop begging for it), and honestly, even if I were Jen and had cake in the house, Will wouldn't have gotten it. He's old enough to understand 'no'. I remember Jen saying something about giving Will food/desserts often in the beginning, possibly as a way to bond and placate, and I think that could end up being a slippery slope. I definitely think Jen and Bill will need to work on using 'no' more firmly in general.

Anyways, having said that, I still think Jen and Bill will be fine and they are doing a wonderful job. They are still feeling out what it means to be a parent and trying to find their footing, so I definitely don't fault them for not having it all down. No parent does and that's okay.

Lizziedrew

Lizziedrew

Couch Potato

Posted Today, 04:59 PM

Loved the tea party and LOVED Zoey's green dress with flowers! Zoey's  multiple "cheers" with the tea cups was darling.

I think that if you pitched to me that a couple adopts 2 children -- their first two children -- months apart, both are toddlers and speak no English, OH and all the while Mom is going through chemotherapy...I would never in a million years expect the kind of bonding and behavior that we see from this family.

I can't criticize their parenting for a minute. Jen and Bill are learning to be parents just as Will and Zoey are learning what it's like to have loving parents and a sibling. On top of leaving everyone they've known and a language they understand? This family will be just fine.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Today, 05:06 PM

Ratings for this week: 2.652 M viewers and a .7 rating.

roamyn

roamyn

Video Archivist

Posted Today, 06:33 PM

Just because we don't see Bill working, doesn't mean he isn't

He stated a few seasons ago that they don't film that, because it's boring. And Bill had talked abt the idea of the pet shop long before Judy & Dave became involved.

BitterApple

BitterApple

Fanatic

Posted Today, 07:38 PM

I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that Zoe wasn't catered to while she was in the orphanage so I don't think telling her "no" or making her wait or letting her cry it out will damage her psyche.

When my uncle adopted, he and his wife were exactly like Bill and Jen: well meaning but hesitant to set limits. Fast forward thirteen years and the kids are spoiled terrors. Bad habits are hard to break when formed so young. They're already battling Will over food. Just tell the kid no and if he cries, so be it. He'll live.

PecanSandie

PecanSandie

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 09:00 PM

Agree with you Bitter Apple.

Jen is sort of a contradiction. On one hand she is nervous and easily excitable and but on some issues you can see her ramrod backbone which I imagine she got from Judy. (That's a good thing.)

Speaking of which, I wish Judy would write a book. I'd love to know what it was like for her raising Jen. Now that would be a book I'd buy! And look at what a good job she did and how accomplished Jennifer is. 

I've always wondered if Judy was furious when she found out about the pregnancy, especially both of them knowing that even a regular pregnancy for Jen would put her life in danger. 

AuntieAshbash

AuntieAshbash

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 09:20 PM

Zoey is so cute.