Warehouse 13: You Could Make a Killing on Ebay

• Please log in to reply

5252 replies to this topic

officetemp

officetemp

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 10:20 PM

Kinda spooky, kinda scary, kinda intense (professor torching himself, rollover car wreck, etc.), but interesting enough so that I think I'll keep watching. The characters are okay. Hope we see some character development so they don't become caricatures.

The switch from "SciFi" to "Syfy" is just silly, though.

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 11:00 PM

I love Eureka, so I was intrigued by this. Watched the pilot, and thought it was decent. The characters definitely need more fleshing out as they are pretty much stuck in molds right now (quirky scientist type, up-tight girl agent, unconventional guy agent) but this could be a lot of fun. My attention was captivated, the two hours went by fairly quickly, and I'll definitely be tuning in again to see how things progress.

Also, I think the change from SciFi to SyFy is ridiculous.

mizenkay

mizenkay

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 11:34 PM

The switch from "SciFi" to "Syfy" is just silly, though.

Also, I think the change from SciFi to SyFy is ridiculous.

Yup. And yet, the scariest sandworms on television are still a staple on Saturdays, so I find that oddly comforting.

As for this show, well, it could be, you know, crazy fun. I liked it. As much as I find the lip acting from Kelly to be a distraction, I thought she and Eddie had some nice chemistry. "You're giving me a wedgie". LOL. Rubineck was mildly hilarious and in pretty good form. The props have the potential to be all sorts of amazing, and I dig stuff like that. So yeah, I'm in.

Edited by mizenkay, Jul 7, 2009 @ 11:36 PM.

rerunz

rerunz

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 11:36 PM

Very similar to Fringe in many ways, they even got the cow in there. Quite a few similarities to Raiders and Bones as well. It's a fun show, plenty of time to develop an arc as they go on. They dropped few hints about the characters to flesh them out later. I'll watch it again.

I'll also vote for dumb move to "Syfy."

nolakitty

nolakitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 11:37 PM

This was okay. But, I jumped in the shower during the middle and didn't bother to pause it. Something is....stale? maybe? I'm gonna give it a chance to grow. Pilot episodes are never easy and there's a lot going on here. I hope as back story develops it gets better.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 11:56 PM

Interesting show, but the pilot was really boring and may have put potential viewers off. I think they tried to do too much with it. Every bit of character development and introduction did not have to happen in the pilot.

AshJ13

AshJ13

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 6:57 AM

I thought the episode was good and will definitely be tuning in next week. Mostly I think the concept is the best part, but I the show still needs a little work on execution and since I watch shows mainly for the characters I really want to hear more about them soon now that the foundation is laid. I recognized the head scientist guy at the Warehouse from some other SciFi show, but I can't remember where, anyone know?

And yes, I don't care what SyFy thinks, its still SciFi to me...

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 7:43 AM

Saul Rubinek has been in a ton of stuff, but you probably recognize him from Stargate.
Two shallow notes:
You guys weren't kidding about Joanne Kelly's lips.
I enjoyed watching the B & B owner walking up the stairs as much as Pete.

Willow2tree

Willow2tree

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 7:47 AM

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by how my I enjoyed this. Eddie McClintock was much better than I thought he would be, engaging and somehow not so over-the-top macho, except when he had to be. I'll definitely be tuning in again next week! One caveat, however: please, please, please PLEASE don't hook up Pete and Mica two weeks or two months into the series. I don't even want UST. Please, writers, remember that she just lost a love and will need time to grieve. That's not too much to ask, is it? And thank you in advance.

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 8:25 AM

The concept is really interesting but the plot had way too many holes in it. I really like the warehouse curator. He seems more than the looney professor with his regret over lost agents and his relationship with the B&B lady. I wonder what his back story is? And I really, really want Pete and Mika to be friends and colleagues and nothing else. Pretty please? It is possible for a man and a woman to work together without UST. And these two seem to relate to each other well without it.

shanaynay

shanaynay

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 9:41 AM

Oh no! For some reason I thought this was premiering on Friday. Apparently not? Crap. I missed it. Will it be re-aired at all?

You guys weren't kidding about Joanne Kelly's lips.

Great. So her lips are doing all her acting in this show, too. Sigh.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 10:18 AM

Will it be re-aired at all?

Yup. Search here: http://www.syfy.com/schedule/index.php

jcin617

jcin617

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 10:21 AM

Thumbs up on the pilot, I enjoyed it and lines that were supposed to make me chuckle did so. Was there a line at one point that "We pulled that from the Bermuda Triangle, and its been trying to pull it back since." Heh.

And I definately thought of "Friday the 13th: The Series" watching this.

Thumbs way down on "Syfy". Just... ridiculous.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 10:21 AM

The main guy looks like a cross between Craig Sheffer and David Boreanaz.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 10:24 AM

It's on again at midnight eastern time tonight, minus the 2 minute promo trailer for the renamed syfy.

shanaynay

shanaynay

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 10:37 AM

Thanks cutecouple! I'll be sure to set my Tivo.

And I have to admit, I'm not at all sad about missing out on the syfy trailer because, other than this post, I refuse to acknowledge that ridiculous name.

ciscokidinsf

ciscokidinsf

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 11:04 AM

It was OK. They really didn't need a 2 hr pilot. They barely had enough case for 1hr. I might have to watch a couple more episodes to see if I really like it. However, the whole mis-matched partners/mysterious bosses is so cliched, I want to barf. And yes, CCH Pounder apparently does NOT age. After W13, there was an X-Files episode from 15 years ago. CCH Pounder looks.the.same.

It kinda reminded me of a lot better sci-fi show: 'The Lost Room' and their magical artifacts. I wish that one would've gone to series.

belsum

belsum

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 11:19 AM

Saul Rubinek has been in a ton of stuff, but you probably recognize him from Stargate.

Also TNG he stole Data. Heres his imdb page.

I liked it. My attention was held the whole time, which is something I cant say happened with Sanctuary's pilot, though that one improved as it went along. Im always up for another light and fun summer show. Definitely agree there is zero need to hook up the two main characters. Id rather see the guy with the B&B chick anyway.

Benbenberi

Benbenberi

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 12:00 PM

It had moments -- but not 2 hours' worth, or even 45 min. If there was a single original idea in the pilot, I blinked and missed it. The cast didn't charm me (oh, what a waste of CCH Pounder!), I wasn't amused by what were presumably supposed to be the humorous bits. The plot was way too complicated with far too little payoff, the tone was far too inconsistent, the music was a lead weight where it wasn't obviously manipulative, and... well, I'm not sure there's any reason I'd come back for another installment, unless I'm too lazy to turn on a DVD next week.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 12:50 PM

Also TNG he stole Data.

Hell, I remember when he played that little Company weasel Michael on The Equalizer.
I just hope that now that she's chosen to be there, Mika really cuts back on the whining. I don't mind if she rolls her eyes a few times at Pete's childlike glee, but making the best of her situation would be a really good thing.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 1:17 PM

I enjoyed the pilot more then I thought I would. The show reminds me of the old Friday the 13th series (as someone mentioned a couple of pages ago) and it also reminded me of the Librarian movies (I kept expecting Noah Wiley to pop up). I'll definitely keep watching.

Best line of the night: "When a wish wont come true, cant come true...it makes a ferret." :) As a ferret enthusiast I LOVED seeing one on this show and I hope we see him again (and out of the bird cage..much too small!).

Codger

Codger

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 1:41 PM

I kept expecting Noah Wiley to pop up.

Forget Noah Wiley. They need Bob Newhart & Jane Curtin to do a cameo. :-D Or Carl the Gnome from "Special Unit 2," since it steals openly from that, too. Or if they're both Sci-Fi original shows, do a crossover with Amanda Tapping from "Sanctuary."

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 2:00 PM

Just finished watching and I quite enjoyed it. I also thought of Friday the 13th and the Librarian, because so far the objects are supernatural rather than alien. I hope there is going to be some alien stuff too.

I liked the characters. I remember Mika as Libby from Jeremiah and I liked her on that too. I'm not sure I would have noticed anything about her lips without reading about them here but since I did, I found myself staring at them and decided they're not that bad and I can get over that.

I love Pete's boyish glee. "No we're not going in there." "I made cookies." "Well, OK."

I loved all the steampunk technology which reminded me of the movie Brazil.

Artie is amusing, but why did he have to retrieve the painting?

Definitely thought of Fringe with the cow.

This was light and fun and I'll keep watching.

iamsweetdee

iamsweetdee

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 2:26 PM

It had moments -- but not 2 hours' worth, or even 45 min. If there was a single original idea in the pilot, I blinked and missed it. The cast didn't charm me (oh, what a waste of CCH Pounder!), I wasn't amused by what were presumably supposed to be the humorous bits. The plot was way too complicated with far too little payoff, the tone was far too inconsistent, the music was a lead weight where it wasn't obviously manipulative, and... well, I'm not sure there's any reason I'd come back for another installment, unless I'm too lazy to turn on a DVD next week.

Get outta my head! I fell asleep halfway through and I watch every SciFi (SyFy, I guess?) original show. The two leads were just not engaging for me. If the two leads were replaced by Ed Quinn (Eureka) and well, any other woman, I would probably be more excited about it.

Accord64

Accord64

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 2:29 PM

I watched most of it, but didn't make it through to the end. To me it seemed a hodgepodge of tired connect-the-dots Sci-Fi (or maybe SyFy?) contrivances. I've seen it all too many times before! The main characters were nothing more than typical pretty stereotypes.

It reminds me of what happens when a bunch of studio executives get together and quickly hash out a TV show to fill a void in their schedule.

While it will be interesting to see the ratings for the pilot, it even more interesting to see the ratings for NEXT weeks show. I have a feeling there will be a steep drop-off.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 3:52 PM

I'm pretty sure that I saw the Titanic, or a Titanic like ship in one corner.

There was definitely a Hindenberg-like zeppelin floating over the stacks.

jenluto

jenluto

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 3:56 PM

For those who missed it, it is already on HuLu.

janet a

janet a

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 4:02 PM

Artie is amusing, but why did he have to retrieve the painting?

I only saw bits, but when he got to the painting he realized he'd forgotten the communication thingie, so he lugged the painting back to the office.

I thought it was cute; totally derivative, but cute. I reserve the right to change my mind after I watch the whole thing though. :)

Senator X

Senator X

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 5:02 PM

I watched most of it, but didn't make it through to the end. To me it seemed a hodgepodge of tired connect-the-dots Sci-Fi (or maybe SyFy?) contrivances. I've seen it all too many times before! The main characters were nothing more than typical pretty stereotypes.

That's pretty much what happened to me. It was 15 minutes of inept Secret Service work, 45 minutes of Myka whining and then the story actually began.

The actual plot was tired. It's what Supernatural uses as a filler episode. By the time Michael Boatman appeared and was shifty-eyed and obviously evil, I turned it off, deciding that watching my iPhone sync would be more exciting.

The leads are just not magnetic. They have no chemistry together and individually are not engaging. The guy is just non-existent. And the girl who plays Myka really couldn't do anything other than "annoyed."

Saul Rubinek was good (I remember him as the coked up producer in True Romance) and CCH Pounder must be gunning for fun work after killing it on The Shield's last season. I also fell in love with the girl at the hotel, she was gorgeous.

Overall, people that like Eureka may like this but I find both shows to be completely un-fun for series trying to capture that USA Characters Welcome kind of fun vibe.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 5:23 PM

It wasn't nearly as awful as I was afraid it would be. Needs more Artie and pretty men to ogle, less of Mica being the uptight workaholic.