Warehouse 13: You Could Make a Killing on Ebay

• Please log in to reply

5219 replies to this topic

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

Zap2it doesn't have a new episode listed on that day.

I just meant more in the sense of, they're at least starting to show repeats of W13, to start to grease the wheels for S4 in July.

Edited by stealinghome, May 9, 2012 @ 1:34 AM.

ChelseaMcQ

ChelseaMcQ

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

WAREHOUSE 13 (SEASON 4 PREMIERE)

Premieres Monday, July 23 at 9PM

Season 4 kicks off with the Warehouse Team still reeling from the shocking events of the climactic season three finale - the loss of Agent Steve Jinks (Aaron Ashmore), Mrs. Frederic (CCH Pounder), H.G. Wells (Jaime Murray) and the destruction of the Warehouse itself. Their only hope lies in racing to the other side of the Earth to hunt down an obscure artifact, which may or may not even exist - and if it does exist, what consequences will they face for using it?

Read more HERE

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Glad to hear the show is coming back. But they're going to run it deep into September and it looks like October as well. I guess they really don't care about the shows ratings anymore, huh?

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

Yep. Let's run it on Monday nights when the target demographic will be watching football. Which I will be also despite not being in the target demo.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

Football, Two and a Half Men...I'm sure we can find a few more big shows it'll be up against.

rtms

rtms

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

This is just sabotaging the show on SyFy's part. They ran Eureka out the door and now they are doing so to WH13. The steep ratings decline last year when they entered the fall months should have alerted them to stay away from that, but it seems they don't care anymore. They are looking for the next big hit. They really don't take care of their shows anymore.

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

I don't get that. Why do they have to sabotage it, when all they have to do is cancel it?

redpencil

redpencil

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

I don't get that. Why do they have to sabotage it, when all they have to do is cancel it?

Yeah, me neither. I don't think it's sabotaging. I think it's just ineptitude.

ChelseaMcQ

ChelseaMcQ

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Is it really that implausible to everyone that they'll just change what night W13 is on, come September?

(They're doing it with Lost Girl this summer.)

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:20 AM

Just as bad. Hey, don't get too used to watching Warehouse 13 on Monday nights because at some point DURING the run of the season we will switch it to some other random night and time. Of course, where they will put it considering SciFi's 15 million reality programs, I have no idea.

The show did well when it was as summer only program. Stop trying to make it something it is not, which is a compeitor in the fall.

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

The show did well when it was as summer only program. Stop trying to make it something it is not, which is a compeitor in the fall.

Well, for me it is a competitor. I don't watch football or reality programming - okay, except for Hardcore Pawn because most of those people are batshit crazy and the occasional episode of Hoarders just to provide myself with a confidence booster - and WH13 is appointment television for me.

I don't understand why they seem to be determined to put it up against MNF, though; I am definitely in the minority there. They can't really think it has a chance against it, can they?

CoderLady

CoderLady

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

I can understand their wanting to schedule one of their few good shows at a time and season where they could get higher ad fees, but as they should have learned with Battlestar Galactica when they tried making it a Sunday night show scheduled to run starting in - was it October? - that there's just too much going on on the networks for that. It's almost a good move business-wise, but the reality of network vs. niche cable just kicks that in the head.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

Ah, Monday Night. As a person who followed the Chuck ratings saga for four years, I am very familiar with the competition of Monday Night.

During the summer, I think it'll be up against America's Got Talent, which does pretty well with the 18-49 group.

In the fall, you do have the football starting the week after Labor Day, which even though it's on ESPN, does great ratings. (A quick note on the NFL though: Starting this year, there will be an NFL game on Sunday night, Monday night AND Thursday night every week. If you are trying to hide from football, you are left with the two dead nights of Friday and Saturday or Tuesday/Wednesday. So running away from football is not so easy to do anymore.)

On CBS, you have the very powerful block of the CBS comedies, which would be the second channel you know is going to be very difficult to beat.

On NBC, I have no idea what they are planning to show on Monday night in the fall of 2012. It probably won't be any good, and even if its, nobody will probably remember to check it out, so that's actually a mark in the good column for Warehouse 13.

On FOX, well, House is done and I don't really know what they are planning to do with Monday night in the fall. If House were still on, it would certainly be a problem, but this year it will be an unknown. It seems likely that FOX will give this spot to one of it's most promising new shows, but who is to say that it will be any good. To be honest, this might also be a mark in the good column for Warehouse 13.

And on ABC it is usually the home of either The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars. I think it's the Bachelor in the fall. It does pretty good numbers, but I'm not sure if it is a terrible thing for Warehouse 13 to be up against.

So there you go. Monday in the fall has Football, but so does Sunday and Thursday. If you want to hide from football, you need to start this show much earlier. It has a very strong set of competition from the CBS comedies, and to a lesser extent, some new show on FOX and the Bachelor on ABC. It's really not as bad as it could be, and if they do decent ratings during the summer, one would think that they could at least come close to maintaining numbers as the fall schedule starts and more people in general are watching TV.

futurechemist

futurechemist

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

Um, didn't Warehouse 13 run on Monday nights for the last season? ("Powerful Mondays" or some tagline like that). And it did well enough to not just get renewed, but get renewed for a longer season. Besides, Scifi reruns the show often enough that people will still be able to see it, unlike network TV.

When could they air it though? Sunday is football / FOX cartoons. Monday is football. Friday and Saturday are death slots. Thursday is NBC's comedy lineup. Wednesdays (and maybe Tuesdays) will be X Factor or some other big singing/dancing competition shows. So I say the keep what worked and go with it.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

I don't object to Monday nights as much as starting so late. Mondays would be fine if they started the show in late June.

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

I agree with stealinghome. Eureka started about a month ago; why couldn't WH13 start at the same time so there's no conflict with the fall scheduling?

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Exactly. Monday nights are fine as long as its during the summer. But they ran W13 into September and the ratings dropped over during the last 4-5 weeks. By starting the show so late in the summer, about half the episodes are going to air during both the football season and the start of the new television season.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

Eureka started about a month ago; why couldn't WH13 start at the same time so there's no conflict with the fall scheduling?

WH13 is taking Eureka's place on the schedule, so WH13 had to wait until Eureka ended.

mathhater

mathhater

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

There is a part of me wondering if W13 will be the next show to get the ax. Putting it on during the fall isn't great because it'll be competing with the new fall shows. Does SyFy want the show to fail? And will we just be getting 10 episodes anyway with a break until when? I don't like this at all.

caper24

caper24

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

Well, if they do what we've all expected and split the twenty episodes into two blocks, the "season finale" would be around September 24th. Sounds about right...

elle

elle

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

Very belated thanks to those who explained about the extra Christmas special being one that did air on TV.

Has anyone seen the extra chapter to the webisode about the comic books? I really wished they had given the lighter a more detailed background than "it's a lighter".

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 7:52 AM

Well, if they do what we've all expected and split the twenty episodes into two blocks, the "season finale" would be around September 24th. Sounds about right...

September 24th isn't too bad. That's only a couple weeks into the fall schedule, and Warehouse 13 has been strong enough to survive such a thing (unlike most SyFy shows.) They can then fire up whatever it is they want to show in that time slot in the fall at the start of October, and they would hope that by peppering the viewers of this show with the advertisements for the next series that some of us might stick around the following week rather than switching over to The Bachelor.

Who knows? All I do know is that the show does very well in the rating for SyFy, and I that I feel safe assuming that the actions they take with its scheduling are more in line with using its strong ratings to gain an overall advantage for the network than just attempting to defend its ratings by protecting it.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

September 24th isn't too bad.

It may be October 1st. The network does marathons on Labor Day weekend, usually Twilight Zone, so unless they mix it up and do a WH13 marathon on the holiday, we may not see a new episode that week.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

I watched the S3 mini-marathon today, and I have to say, watching half the season back-to-back made me appreciate just how good the show got last year. A lot of the improvement was, I think, due to the acting; both Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly turned in really strong performances throughout. Not that either of them was ever really bad in the first two seasons, but they both kicked it up a notch last year (and to be fair to them, Myka especially had some much meatier material in S3). I hope the writers have realized that season-long arcs are their friends, because I do think that having a consistent storyline that showed up in every episode also really helped.

The mini-marathon also made me despise even more the scene where Pete goes to destroy the Janus Coin. I swear, that scene was out of character for just about everyone involved.

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 4:53 AM

The thing that bothered me about that scene is that it would have been in any show with the same set of circumstances: got this thing that has the potential to destroy the world, the bad guys know it exists so we have to talk about smashing it and sacrificing someone to save the world. But you're right, stealinghome, it just didn't fit on this show.

As much as I hate to think sloppy writing has happened here, that's how it looks. Like someone said, "We must have a wrenching, emotional scene where we yank on heartstrings and make people cry! Don't care how it's done or who actually gets sacrificed, just do it!" so they whipped it out without worrying about character assassination just to satisfy some suit.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

As much as I hate to think sloppy writing has happened here, that's how it looks. Like someone said, "We must have a wrenching, emotional scene where we yank on heartstrings and make people cry! Don't care how it's done or who actually gets sacrificed, just do it!" so they whipped it out without worrying about character assassination just to satisfy some suit.

See, and here I thought it was sloppy writing simple because the writers couldn't figure out any other way for Sykes and co. to get the coin/Steve to reveal to Claudia he was a secret agent. It's like they thought "well, if the Warehouse team is going to beat Team Sykes to the coin, Team Sykes must get it from them on the way back! Which means they must confront the Warehouse team, which means they must have pulled over for some reason. Maybe the Warehouse team stopped on the drive back for burgers and a milkshake! Wait, that's not right...."

I just fundamentally don't think either Myka or Claudia (but especially Myka) would ever, ever agree to murdering someone in cold blood, let alone a friend.

[ETA: Potential spoilers.

Spoiler
]

Edited by stealinghome, May 23, 2012 @ 2:55 AM.

rtms

rtms

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

Two things, The new Promo trailer is out for WH 13, and it's interesting to see who is left out. It certainly gives the idea that we are going back to the basic four. It also looks like it's Claudia's turn to go dark for a season. HERE IS THE PROMO

Second, it seems
Spoiler
is back on set and is bringing along
Spoiler
too! The Tweet

elle

elle

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

Thanks for posting the promo, rtms!

I didn't catch any hint in the promo about Claudia. I think the only part you see of her a previous scene of her stopping the metronome that was keeping Sasha Roiz's character alive.

I did get a chuckle out of the bit in the promo: guy with gun: "like 'Men in Black'? Pete and Myka: 'yeah okay we can go with that'"*

I watched the interview of Pete and Myka talking about Season 4 that was a link off the promo video. I did not realize that Alphas was also in the WH13 universe as Eureka is.

Spoiler bars: I wouldn't mind seeing the former again, but the latter not so sure. That person can sometimes take over a role/episode.

*definitely NOT a direct quote!

Princess Vevay

Princess Vevay

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 5:17 AM

elle, I didn't notice Claudia at first either and had to rewatch the promo a couple times and pause it before I realized that the woman wearing scrubs is Claudia as well as the woman who strips off her jacket; she's also shown for a split second in the bit with Pete and Myka crouching down.

elle

elle

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Thanks, Princess Vevay!

Wow! What has Claudia (or rather makeup) done to herself? I did not recognize her at all. Even with your pointing out where she was in the promo, I still had a hard time recognizing her. It was the eyes that sealed it for me.

I thought it was shots of the new big bad. I may not be too far off if Claudia goes real dark.