Warehouse 13: You Could Make a Killing on Ebay

• Please log in to reply

5255 replies to this topic

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:02 PM

They'd have to re-do all the sets at Leena's, though, everyone's rooms and everything. And what do you do with Leena, in that situation? Buy her some new random motel wherever they move the Warehouse to?

Steve's death would also create big changes for Claudia. However, I've been thinking that his resurrection is the most likely, because they can have Claudia bring him back in the sort of Dark Artifacty way that can't be good for anybody involved. So alive or dead, Steve's death is going to be a good one.

I really hope we get to see Dark Claudia, and that the Claudia character retains some of the darkness moving forward. The worst thing would be a "Claudia temporarily resurrects Jinks, only to find that the Regents/Mrs. F are again the Fountain Of All Wisdom and realizes she shouldn't have done it and learns to let go and be at peace, bolstered by a happily-going-into-the-afterlife Jinks, and is relatively back to normal again!" storyline. So I don't really care whether or not Jinks is actually resurrected (though I agree that even if he is, it'll only be temporary), but I definitely want the whole affair to cause some permanent, not-good changes in the Claudia character.

HG's death would obviously affect Myka the most, but it should also have a big impact on Pete and Claudia, as well as an interesting impact on the Pete/Myka relationship.

I just kind of feel like Myka mourning HG would be repetitive; we saw Myka mourning HG all through S3. For me, the more compelling storyline is Myka (and Pete, actually) learning to live with Helena again.

Regardless of whether HG lives or dies, I do, however, hope that the show addresses the fact that Pete was about ten seconds away from murdering her in the season finale. I thought that scene was ridiculous for a number of reasons (in what world do Claudia and Myka calmly step aside and let Pete kill anyone, let alone a friend? seriously?), but it's what we got, and it could and should be used to interject some serious tension into the Myka-Pete bromance. If it's not, I call shenanigans.

Edited by stealinghome, Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:05 PM.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:37 AM

The pyramid artifacts would be a good starting point. I forgot about that. I'm still sticking with my original feeling though. Not resurrecting warehouse 13 means no more bronzed people, no more rooms of old agents, no more stories where Artie runs down into the warehouse to grab something he used that one time and can now use again to save the day, no more Claudia tinkering with the old technology to the frustration/delight of Artie, no more huge flyover shots of the warehouse designed to make us think about exactly how much crazy stuff is just sitting there for us to discover, no more endless access for the writers to just conveniently have an artifact lying around that is attached to anything that happened in the last two or three thousand years, and probably a bunch of other fundamental changes to the show that I'm not remembering right now.

As I said, I mostly enjoy this show for the characters and would probably watch and enjoy even if they don't resurrect the warehouse. But I think that since so much of the show revolves around the warehouse itself, that of all the characters killed off at the end of last season, it is the most important one for the show to bring back.

HouseofJudith

HouseofJudith

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:46 AM

Part of the FUN of WH13 is the unknown... what's on this shelf, what's in that box, what's going to jump out at you as you turn this corner.

When you start with an empty warehouse... well... nothing's unknown.

It's empty.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

When you start with an empty warehouse... well... nothing's unknown.

But, if they rebooted with the Egyptian stuff, everything would be, even to Artie.

They'd have to re-do all the sets at Leena's, though, everyone's rooms and everything. And what do you do with Leena, in that situation? Buy her some new random motel wherever they move the Warehouse to?

I don't know that it matters what Leena's cover job is. I agree that they wouldn't casually go to the expense of changing anything, but if somebody felt it was time to freshen things up or wanted to signal that viewers shouldn't take anything for granted and the old sets were worn out anyway, it could happen. Chances are they'll push the reset button by the end of the first episode (maybe the second if they want to get more use out of the Egyptian sets first).

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

But, if they rebooted with the Egyptian stuff, everything would be, even to Artie.

I guess my counterpoint to this, which I admit is an interesting idea and direction for our characters, is that it would be a different show. I would probably still be a good show, but it would be fundamentally different.

It is my opinion that if any or all of the other dead characters stay dead, it would still be the same show. Our main characters would have a lot of emotions to deal with, but the show would go on as it always has. On the other hand, if all of the people come back to life, but the warehouse remains blown up, it's a different show.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

I guess my counterpoint to this, which I admit is an interesting idea and direction for our characters, is that it would be a different show. I would probably still be a good show, but it would be fundamentally different.

I think if they don't bring back the warehouse they would take a big hit in accessability for a lot of the audience. Sure they did do Posiedon's tritan (or whatever) and goblet of anceint emperor etc. but people are way more famiiiar with Lewis Carol, Maralyn Monroe, Abe Lincoln, (and Pete getting in trouble for trying to free Mrs Fredricks will always make me laugh) etc so if all the artifacts are ancient egyptian (and whatever they found from BEFORE them) stuff a lot of people will have a problem with it.

Edited by MDKNIGHT, Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:31 PM.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

The worst thing would be a "Claudia temporarily resurrects Jinks, only to find that the Regents/Mrs. F are again the Fountain Of All Wisdom and realizes she shouldn't have done it and learns to let go and be at peace, bolstered by a happily-going-into-the-afterlife Jinks, and is relatively back to normal again!" storyline.

This is funny in an annoying way, because I think if you perhaps swapped out the Regents with Artie, that is precisely what's most likely to happen.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

Sure they did do Posiedon's tritan (or whatever) and goblet of anceint emperor etc. but people are way more famiiiar with Lewis Carol, Maralyn Monroe, Abe Lincoln, (and Pete getting in trouble for trying to free Mrs Fredricks will always make me laugh) etc so if all the artifacts are ancient egyptian (and whatever they found from BEFORE them) stuff a lot of people will have a problem with it.

They may not be able to re-use the Alice mirror or other specific items we know were blown up, but they're still going to be out hunting for new artifacts, so the bagging episodes aren't going to change at all. And anything they pick up one week or name-drop as having picked up off-screen could be the source of trouble in the warehouse, so those episodes needn't change either. The Egyptian stuff would just broaden the possibilities. The writers were starting to scrape a bit for new artifacts, and if they can mix in some commonly-known mythology and ancient figures, maybe Artie won't sound like a history teacher every week.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

The worst thing would be a "Claudia temporarily resurrects Jinks, only to find that the Regents/Mrs. F are again the Fountain Of All Wisdom and realizes she shouldn't have done it and learns to let go and be at peace, bolstered by a happily-going-into-the-afterlife Jinks, and is relatively back to normal again!" storyline.

This is funny in an annoying way, because I think if you perhaps swapped out the Regents with Artie, that is precisely what's most likely to happen.

I know. Sucktastic. But if I say it enough, maybe my wishes will magically come true!

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

I think if the writers didn't get too heavy-handed about a lesson for Claudia, with enough funny lines from Pete about zombie movies and a good second death by Jinks, I think a temporary-resurrection story could work.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

I read a very good Jinx-resurrection fanfic that was technically temporary (we didn't see him get put in the ground again, but it was implied that it was going to happen eventually) and not at all lessony, but it was a lot darker than the show would be willing to go.

I wonder if the writers kind of wrote themselves into a corner with the finale. It was good, but it seems like it'll be hard to respect all the awful things that happened, and actually show the long-lasting consequences, without becoming a different sort of show. And if they take too much of it back, it'll just seem cheap.

Edited by furrylump, Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:55 PM.

morakot

morakot

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

Funnily enough, as I was reading this thread, I noticed that the ad on the top was for "All your warehouse solutions". Maybe they would have the answers!

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

It's April. Don't we have a premier date, yet??

ChelseaMcQ

ChelseaMcQ

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

SyFy's twitter account recently confirmed the return date was still TBD.

Nightbreak

Nightbreak

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

There's a Power Monday's trailer on SyFy's website, but every time I click on it, a voice tells me that 'this content is unavailable'. THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE IT POSTED???

And I think it would be a hoot to start off with Self-Storage Locker 13 as they gradually turn back time in the Warehouse. Just the mental image of Artie sitting in a folding chair with an artifact-y newspaper while Myka and Pete bring artifacts back one at a time to the closet is highly amusing to me.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Season 3 is slated for release on DVD July 10th...

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-3/16807

I'm pleased it also includes the Monsters and Men webisodes, with a new chapter.

Nightbreak

Nightbreak

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

WOO! Also contains Secret Santa episode. :D

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

How is it possible that Emily Lake/Stand didn't get any audio commentary? I'm happy that "3...2...1" did, because it's one of my favorites, but no commentary on the finale? Especially that finale? Really?

elle

elle

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

I'm pleased it also includes the Monsters and Men webisodes, with a new chapter

WOO! Also contains Secret Santa episode. :D

Would either of you kind folks recap what was in the new chapter and the new episode? You can PM me with the details.

Thanks! :0)

Nightbreak

Nightbreak

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

It's not a 'new' episode, but the season 1 Christmas special that should have been on the season 2 DVD.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

They apparently consider the Christmas episodes to be the first episode of the next season. So the "It's a Wonderful Life" episode is the first episode of Season 4...technically.

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

From EW.com's Inside TV

Sandra, what up?! You know what show I hardly see spoilers for? Warehouse 13!! So, with that in mind, what’s coming up on Toddlers & Tiaras?! No, just kidding. Warehouse 13, por favor! — Tina
Well, if you thought the season finale was one giant “oh, my God!” moment, just wait until you see what executive producer Jack Kenny and Co. have in store for next season.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Sara Sunshine, May 4, 2012 @ 1:24 PM.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

Yeah, it does seem to imply that
Spoiler

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

Spoiler

Keighvin

Keighvin

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Keighvin, May 4, 2012 @ 4:10 PM.

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

Is there a premiere date under all those black bars?

ETA: Thanks, redpencil!

Edited by Mitch0046, May 5, 2012 @ 3:41 PM.

redpencil

redpencil

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

Nope, no premiere date yet.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Geez, what's keeping them so long?

I hope they start the season sooner rather than later because the last thing they need are the final episodes of the season running into football season and the new fall schedule again.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

Looks like SyFy is reluctantly gearing up for S4...on Monday 5/21, SyFy will be mini-marathoning the second half of S3 from 7am to 2pm (CT).

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

Looks like SyFy is reluctantly gearing up for S4...on Monday 5/21, SyFy will be mini-marathoning the second half of S3 from 7am to 2pm (CT).

Zap2it doesn't have a new episode listed on that day.

I'm guessing they're going to wait till Eureka is finished. Because they've been showing the previous week's episode before the new Eureka, so that's the hold up I think. Plus there's the possibility of Eureka's series finale being 2 hours, and them not wanting to bump Warehouse 13.