Warehouse 13: You Could Make a Killing on Ebay

• Please log in to reply

5250 replies to this topic

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2009 @ 9:49 PM

Coming in July, from SciFi (I'm sorry, SyFy):

After saving the life of the President, two Secret Service agents find themselves abruptly transferred to Warehouse 13 a massive, top-secret storage facility in windswept South Dakota that houses every strange artifact, mysterious relic, fantastical object and supernatural souvenir ever collected by the U.S. government.

The Warehouse's caretaker Artie (Saul Rubinek) assigns Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) the challenge of chasing down reports of supernatural and paranormal activity in search of new objects to store at the Warehouse. The two agents are also commissioned to help Artie control the Warehouse itself, which proves to be a task beyond what either of them could have ever imagined.

Warehouse 13 is an action-packed exploration where the unlikely, becomes what's possible and reality is a limitless phenomenon filled with wonder.

Warehouse 13 comes from Universal Cable Productions and is executive produced by Jack Kenny (The Book of Daniel) who also serves as showrunner. David Simkins (Dresden Files) is executive producer; Jace Alexander (Burn Notice, Rescue Me) is co-executive producer and director; and Stephen Surjik (Monk, Burn Notice) is producer/director.

Looks like an X-Files with gadgets to me. (By the by, my alternate choice for a subhead) Pretty leads, the male's into it, the female's not. And I'm willing to bet my vast personal fortune there will be UST between the leads. CCH Pounder seems to be playing your typical straight-laced authority type. Rubinek seems to be the wildcard and the main reason my interest is piqued. We'll see.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted May 25, 2009 @ 12:05 AM

Looks interesting. Hope Space picks it up in the fall.

IgnaMom

IgnaMom

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2009 @ 1:33 AM

Love your thread title AimingforYoko. Some great actors, Saul Rubinek and C.C.H Pounder (at least in the pilot), and from the looks of it some talented Producers. On top of that my favorite actor, Mark Sheppard (Romo Lampkin on BSG) just filmed an episode. So I will definately be giving it a try.

MBenzN

MBenzN

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2009 @ 4:30 AM

And the pilot's written by Jane Espenson (Angel, Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling and Dollhouse) and Rockne S. O'Bannon (Farscape). I have no idea if Jane's sticking around though; between this Dollhouse and being showrunner on Caprica, her plate looks more than a little full.

shanaynay

shanaynay

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2009 @ 6:54 AM

I saw a very brief preview for it the other day. Color me intrigued. It looks like good summer fun.

mtkau

mtkau

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2009 @ 12:18 AM

Sounds like a live-action rip of the SCP Foundation.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2009 @ 9:05 AM

Off hand it sounds like X-Files meets the Friday the 13th series. But I'll give it a shot.

ScribblerGuy

ScribblerGuy

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2009 @ 6:06 PM

Get out your Vancouver Actor Bingo Cards...

The Sci Fi Channel released a press release touting some of the guest stars that'll be appearing in the series. Here's the list, in the order that the press release mentions them (links all go to the actor's IMDb page):
The press release contains additional details about the characters each actor will be playing, but no mention of the specific episode(s) that they'll be in. Also, it was previously announced (Sci Fi press release) that Allison Scagliotti will join the show in a reoccurring, if not regular role after a few episodes.

I'll give this a shot, but I think that Joanne Kelly is the weak link for me. And, if Sci-Fi ends Eureka before its time, the bitterness I'd feel would probably be projected onto this show.

Reason for edit: I left out one actor mentioned in the press release -- Niall Matter who is apparently guesting in the same episode as Erica Cerra (on Eureka, his character is/was the love interest of Erica's Jo)

Edited by ScribblerGuy, May 28, 2009 @ 9:18 PM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2009 @ 7:24 PM

Mark Sheppard

What?!? Mark Sheppard appearing in a show on SciFi? Next you'll be teling me the sun rises in the east.
Seriously, I wonder what Sheppard's instructions are to his agent, "Say yes to everything"?

IgnaMom

IgnaMom

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2009 @ 8:13 PM

What?!? Mark Sheppard appearing in a show on SciFi? Next you'll be telling me the sun rises in the east.
Seriously, I wonder what Sheppard's instructions are to his agent, "Say yes to everything"?

Well the man does have a couple growing boys to feed, clothe and keep a roof over but I do believe he is a bit more discerning than "everything". While Mark has done alot of Science Fiction (he is himself a fan of the genre) most of the stuff Mark has appeared in (besides BSG) has not been a made for Sci-Fi channel series/Movie.

mizenkay

mizenkay

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2009 @ 9:38 PM

I'll give this a shot, but I think that Joanne Kelly is the weak link for me

The premise seems interesting and the producing/writing team is first rate. Eddie McClintock and Saul Rubinek intrigue me, along with the ubiquitous Mr. Sheppard, but count me with the above. Joanne Kelly guested on "Castle" and the amount of collagen the woman has injected into her lips was such a distraction, because she acted with her lips, her performance was painful.

Edited by mizenkay, May 28, 2009 @ 9:40 PM.

shanaynay

shanaynay

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2009 @ 7:05 AM

Joanne Kelly guested on "Castle" and the amount of collagen the woman has injected into her lips was such a distraction, because she acted with her lips, her performance was painful.

Oh crap. Did she play that true crime writer character? Her lips were so distracting, I could barely focus on anything else. It was like one side was permanently damaged so she could only talk out of the right side of her mouth.

Edited by shanaynay, May 29, 2009 @ 7:05 AM.

mizenkay

mizenkay

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2009 @ 10:20 AM

Yes!!

That was her. It was painful to watch, right? Like getting an injection yourself painful. Her character was, ironically, named Lee Wax. Like Wax lips!

shanaynay

shanaynay

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2009 @ 11:41 AM

That makes me sad. Her lips are definitely going to distract me from whatever else may be going on in this show.

Is it too much to hope that she didn't collagenize her lips until after she finished filming Warehouse 13? Like, maybe something happened on the plane trip from Vancouver to Los Angeles?

IgnaMom

IgnaMom

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2009 @ 1:24 PM

I personally have no idea who you are talking about but Mark Sheppard just filmed his episode a few days ago (Saturday), so they are still filming (unless that was the last episode). So must not be post-Warehouse collagen.

mizenkay

mizenkay

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2009 @ 3:42 PM

This is certainly a bizarre conversation...but I'll add one more thing because it fascinates and repels me all at the same time!

The most recent promos I've seen on SciFi over the last few days show Ms. Kelly, a distinctly large lipped actress. Still with the botox. Still with the lip acting. So yeah.

My advice would be to concentrate on Eddie McClintock. That's what I'll be doing.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2009 @ 6:45 PM

Oddly the lips didn't bother me, what bothered me was the borderline anorexia of her face. Woman needs to eat something. Now!

ScribblerGuy

ScribblerGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2009 @ 4:44 PM

One of Wired's blogs has an article about some of the steampunk props. There's no plot spoilers as far as I can tell.

This is basically a video cellphone and it was invented by Philo Farnsworth, the unrecognized inventor of television, Simkins says. We imagined that Philo invented it one weekend in 1929, it worked, and its been in the warehouse ever since. One reason they still use it is that the technology is so old, no one can hack it. Its not digital. I dont even know what it runs on but its untraceable because the Farnsworth exists totally off the grid.

Sigh. Security through obscurity is just false security. Looks like I'll have to set my suspension of disbelief to the highest setting and turn off any logic processing.

Christabelle

Christabelle

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2009 @ 1:01 AM

Does anybody know if this will be premiering in Canada next week as well? I can't seem to find it on the Space website, though my experience with that website has not always been positive. Thanks!

ScribblerGuy

ScribblerGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2009 @ 8:24 AM

From the Washington Post's TV listings magazine: The Lighter Side of the Secret Service

Kenny knows fans probably will begin looking for Pete and Myka to hook up, but don't expect that to happen anytime soon.
"I want to stay away from the romance, because nothing destroys a great relationship like marriage. Maybe we'll see if they get together in Season 4," he said optimistically.

Someone's got some 'splaining to do to their partner.

And, IGN has another article about the show:The Warehouse 13 Crew Knows Our Secrets -- on the second page, some of the backstory of the warehouse is mentioned, which I don't remember seeing before.

Also, after seeing one of the newer promos (the one with the VO that discusses the personality and mentality of the two lead partners), Eddie McClintock's character definitely reminds me of David Boreanaz's character in Bones.

mizenkay

mizenkay

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2009 @ 10:13 AM

They sure are cross-network promoting the heck out of this. I've seen ads on NBC proper and USA as well as SciFi, uh, SyFy. (Wish they - that is NBC/Universal would do that for CHUCK, ahem...anyway.)

Also? Is the pilot really two hours? It's listed as running from 9pm to 11pm.

alexl467

alexl467

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 4, 2009 @ 11:10 PM

From the commercials it seems to me that Warehouse 13 is a scifi / alien & alien technology version of Sanctuary, which from the little Ive seen and know of it looks like a show that deals primarily with horror / monster related themes and figures (like demons and hell dogs).

ScribblerGuy

ScribblerGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2009 @ 4:40 PM

Yes. (It's not uncommon for cable networks to greenlight double-length pilots. On the Sci Fi Channel, Sanctuary, Eureka, and Stargate: Atlantis are all examples of shows that had two hour pilots.)

Rob Owen of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette ain't impressed:

They can change the name of the network but evidently not their often bland programming.

Sci Fi Channel re-brands itself as Syfy this week, a silly name that's appropriate for silly new show "Warehouse 13," which has its two-hour premiere at 9 p.m. Tuesday.

Like other Sci Fi shows of the recent past (think: "Eureka"), "Warehouse 13" begins with a strong concept and suffers from weak execution.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 8:07 AM

Blurb review from EW:

Warehouse 13: B
Warehouse 13 is where the government keeps weird artifacts, like a kettle that grants wishes and, one suspects, a file of unfilmed X-Files scripts. Certainly, leads Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly are very Mulder-and-Scully-ish (he's open-minded! She's not so much). The pilot drags, but Saul Rubinek, who plays the warehouse curator, is entertaining enough that I want to believe it will improve.

Pretty much my take off the original trailer.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 11:31 AM

Also, after seeing one of the newer promos (the one with the VO that discusses the personality and mentality of the two lead partners), Eddie McClintock's character definitely reminds me of David Boreanaz's character in Bones.

It can't help that they look so much alike they could be brothers. I think when Buffy first started airing, I thought Boreanaz WAS Eddie McClintock.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 12:03 PM

My TiFaux said 2 hours, 4 minutes.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 12:40 PM

My DVR also says 9-11:04 p.m. I'm there for the rubinek factor and hope the rest doesn't totally suck. A competenly written and acted, light and quirky show, with more continuity than Eureka but less mytharc then X Files, and no UST between the partners would be my ideal. But I've stocked up on booze to cushion my soon-to-be-shattered hopes.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 1:05 PM

Sounds like a live-action rip of the SCP Foundation.

That is exactly what I thought. If the artifacts are as cool as the SCP Foundation's, I'm in.

chancellorjake

chancellorjake

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 10:06 PM

That was fun and very intriguing. With very good writing, witty dialogue, and compelling characters. If it continues to be this interesting, I just know that I'll enjoy Warehouse 13 as much as I enjoy Eureka.

The items in "America's Attic" are just downright awesome. I'm pretty sure that I saw the Titanic, or a Titanic like ship in one corner.

Oh, and CCH Pounder should be on television all the time. I've always loved her performances.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 10:11 PM

It was okay for a pilot. I liked Rubinek and I liked McClintock. I liked Kelly's character more at the end of the ep than at the beginning, but she's got a ways to go. I'm not sure about the CCH Pounder lady, I get kind of a villain 'vibe' from her. Whoever upthread compared it to Friday the 13th, The Series, had it pretty close. I imagine there will be a mix of sci-fi objects and supernatural, I hope it's more of the former than the latter. EW's B was close to the mark.