Dancing With the Stars All-Star Season Lineup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

20 replies to this topic

BobRachs

BobRachs

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2009 @ 6:40 PM

I think ABC should dedicate the 10th season of Dancing With the Stars to an All-Star cast of former contestants.

If you concur, please list your dream lineup below, and (just for fun) indicate the order you think the teams would finish in.

Maximum 20 couples, although you can name alternates.

1. Kristi Yamaguchi/Mark Ballas (winner)
2. Apolo Anton Ohno/Julianne Hough (finalist)
3. Mel B./Maksim Chmerkovskiy (finalist)
4. Mario Lopez/Karina Smirnoff (17th eliminated)
5. Brooke Burke/Derek Hough (16th eliminated)
6. Drew Lachey/Chelsie Hightower (15th eliminated)
7. Sabrina Bryan/Louis Van Amstel (14th eliminated)
8. Stacy Kiebler/Dmitry Chaplin (13th eliminated)
9. Gilles Marini/Cheryl Burke (12th eliminated)
10. Joey Fatone/Kym Johnson (11th eliminated)
11. Jason Taylor/Edyta Sliwinska (10th eliminated)
12. Jennie Garth/Jonathan Roberts (9th eliminated)
13. Genya Mazo/Shawn Johnson (8th eliminated)
14. Melissa Rycroff/Tony Dovolani (7th eliminated)
15. Lance Bass/Lacey Schwimmer (6th eliminated)
16. Helio Castroneves/Ashly DelGrosso (5th eliminated)
17. Emmitt Smith/Anna Demidova (4th eliminated)
18. Joey Lawrence/Anna Trebunskaya (3rd eliminated)
19. John O'Hurley/Charlotte Jorgensen (2nd eliminated)
20. Alec Mazo/Kelly Monaco (1st eliminated)

**Alternates: Jane Seymour/Corky Ballas, Laila Ali/Mayo Alanen

mustbeme

mustbeme

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2009 @ 9:28 AM

You need to add Ty in there, but taking pitty on him we wont make him dance..................he can take Samantha's spot.

lucinders

lucinders

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2009 @ 3:50 PM

BobRachs, I don't think that Sabrina would be included in an all star cast because she was eliminated too early in her season. For someone to be in an all star cast, they should ideally be in the top three of their season, depending on their availability.

BobRachs

BobRachs

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2009 @ 4:02 PM

BobRachs, I don't think that Sabrina would be included in an all star cast because she was eliminated too early in her season. For someone to be in an all star cast, they should ideally be in the top three of their season, depending on their availability.

Well, I see what you're saying. But I think Sabrina developed a lot of fans after her elimination and is definitely one of the most exciting dancers the show has had.

Jennie Garth didn't finish in the top 3 either, but I think people would love to see her again, too.

JMO.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2009 @ 4:15 PM

My view on the hopeful All-Stars season is no winners. They already won and I think the All Stars would be best as a second chance type of thing.

People wanna see Sabrina because her elimination is the most unfair of all seasons. She was really in 90% of people's finals/winners list and got eliminated after one dance that the judges didn't like much. There were still many dances she never got to do that I would've like to seen from her.

A season with Sabrina, Mel B, Jennie Garth, Stacy Keibler, Monique Coleman would be such an amazing season.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted May 22, 2009 @ 8:23 PM

Gilles would be an absolute must for me in an All-Star season, but a problem arises if either Emmitt or Drew (or both) is also included. Cheryl can't partner all three of them due to the huge conflict of interest that she would have, so two of them would have to be partnered with someone else. If Gilles couldn't have Cheryl, I think I'd want to see him with either of the Annas, as I think they come the closest to Cheryl's style of teaching and choreography (plus, Anna D. would definitely be tall enough to complement Gilles' height.) If Gilles did get Cheryl again, I'd probably put Drew with Chelsie (I somehow think they'd be fantastic together), and I'd probably put Emmitt with either Edyta or Kym.

And I'd really want to see John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen back.

lucinders

lucinders

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2009 @ 6:22 AM

18. Joey Lawrence/Anna Trebunskaya (3rd eliminated)

I think I would prefer to see Cristian de la Fuente than Joey Lawrence any day, if you are including a third place finisher. Of course, this would further exacerbate the Cheryl problem. Besides, Cristian can continue his bromance with Jason Taylor.

Joey Lawrence is such a douche-bag.

Edited by lucinders, May 23, 2009 @ 6:23 AM.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2009 @ 7:08 PM

I don't think Sabrina's elimination was unfair. She didn't have enough viewer votes and dancing wasn't the best that season either, IMO. That was Mel.

I would think for an all-star season, ideally, should be made up of top 3 or 4 and if available. With 8 seasons, that more than fills up a roster. Or at the very least a celeb should have at least made it to the half way point. But I am guessing Sabrina would be considered and while I did not really care for her dancing, I love the potential drama if she was to dance with Mark again, lol.

I agree with legaleagle that Gilles has to headline any all star season. While I think Mario 1.0 is a smarmy douche, he should be part of an all star season as well.

Edited by harvestbasket, May 23, 2009 @ 8:29 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted May 23, 2009 @ 8:36 PM

I agree with legaleagle that Gilles has to headline any all star season. While I think Mario 1.0 is a smarmy douche, he should be part of an all star season as well.

I'd be up for that, and even for Joey Lawrence as well, since I'm convinced that Gilles would kick both their asses without so much as breathing hard (and wouldn't it be worth putting up with Douchebag and Douchebag II just to see that happen?)

And, although he'd probably never do it (since he's officially "retired" from dancing now), you just know that viewers (including yours truly) would love to see Ty and Chelsie together again on an All-Stars season.

lucinders

lucinders

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2009 @ 11:31 AM

Kristi would always have first dibs on Mark, so I don't think we would ever see Mark and Sabrina again.

Also, I really would not like to subject Karina to Mario 1.0 again because of the emotional hurt she suffered in that relationship. I believe that she is in a good place now with her relationship with Maks but while you may get over a former love, hurtful memories will still be dredged up.

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2009 @ 1:55 PM

My choices would be Mel B, Sabrina, Jennie Garth, Gilles, Ty, Kristi, Shawn, Drew. It would also be good to have separate seasons to have winners competing against each other. Brooke & Kelly M against Kristi!! haha not a chance.

I agree with PBGamer that a perfect season with Mel, Sabrina, & Jennie would be awesome.

MeggieMeg

MeggieMeg

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2009 @ 2:33 PM

But we had a season with Mel, Sabrina, and Jennie, season 5.

I don't like the idea of an all star season. I'd be happier if they come and perform during result shows instead.

Edited by MeggieMeg, May 24, 2009 @ 2:34 PM.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

Funny thing I'd be more interested in a head to head battle between two second placers than say Helio vs Shawn. I want to see Mario Original Recipe and Karina vs Gille and Cheryl. I agree that it might be tough for Karina on a personal level but then again I think she and Mario have such huge egos that they'd be able to put aside thier differences in the all out pursuit of what THEY consider thier due reward. Some DIVORCED people would be able to do it so I think these two could do it. Now mind you I'd be chearing for them to LOSE to Gille and Cheryl, but I think the competition would be awesome.

TwizzWhizz11

TwizzWhizz11

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2009 @ 12:48 AM

My view on the hopeful All-Stars season is no winners. They already won and I think the All Stars would be best as a second chance type of thing.

I agree. I also think that while the winners are obviously popular, there could also be a movement to have other people win and thus the winners would be out early (also, the eliminates conflicts with Cheryl with Emmit/Drew, Julianne with Apolo/Helio and Mark with Kristi/Shawn, as much as I would kill to see Apolo and Kristi again).

lucinders

lucinders

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2009 @ 10:47 AM

If we don't have some of the winners, then I think it would lose the cache of being an all star season. All stars, by its very definition, must include the best and the best includes the winners.

jennifer6973

jennifer6973

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2009 @ 5:20 PM

Here's what I would do

I would invite the top 3 from each season, so that would be 24 teams, and the first two weeks I would eliminate 2 couples and then after that the normal one per week until we get to a final two.

ShaolinLace1

ShaolinLace1

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 30, 2009 @ 1:04 PM

Not all in the top 3 ever got a perfect score. IMHO you invite anyone who has got a 30. That is the litmus test. Everyone has had a perfect score, and no one can take that score away.

I think of the 21 who are part of that elite group, perhaps only a third will be available for an all star show. Some like Kelly Monaco don't want to dance again, some like Mario Lopez would have an awkward partnership with Karina.

The audience should vote for who they want to see again.

My dream top 8 would be 4 men and 4 women

Gilles and Cheryl - season 8
Apolo and Julianne - season 4
Kristi and Mark - season 6
Stacey and Tony - season 2
Brooke and Derek -season 7
Mario and Karina (who might change with Elena)- season 3
Melanie Brown and Maks - season 5
John and Charlotta - season 1

The first night of competition would be a Latin and a Ballroom round.

Then there's a vote. And the bottom 2 go home

The following week is a Team Dance and an Individual re-do of the dance they'd like to have another chance to do.

Then there's a vote And the bottom 3 go home

The following week is the Showdance, a Group dance and a re-do of the contestant's favorite dance.

Then there's a vote. And the winner is announced.

This could be done over 3 weeks. It would be great if it was done over the Christmas Season. Votes from the home audience could go to the celebrities charity of choice.

Edited by ShaolinLace1, Aug 30, 2009 @ 1:12 PM.

haza88

haza88

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2010 @ 4:19 AM

Thought I should revive this, see how it is gonna go from now.

I would perhaps get 2 from seasons 1-9 (a male and a female), and the final 6 from season 10, because the series is still going on, we don't know the winner, and they will be the best known of the bunch. Then, split the 24 couples into 6 groups of 4, where out of each group, two couples are eliminated, taking it to the top 12, which will be the couples for Season 11.

SEASON 1
Kelly Monaco and Alec Mazo
John O'Hurley and Ashly Costa (I highly doubt that Charlotte will come back)

SEASON 2
Drew Lachey and Ellen Sim
Stacy Keibler and Tony Dovolani

SEASON 3
Emmitt Smith and Sarah Marie Sim
Monique Coleman and Alec Mazo

SEASON 4
Apolo Anton Ohno and Chelsie Hightower
Laila Ali and Jesse De Soto

SEASON 5
Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough
Melanie Brown and Brendan Cole

SEASON 6
Kristi Yamaguchi and Jonathan Roberts
Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska

SEASON 7
Brooke Burke and Fabian Sanchez
Warren Sapp and Anna Demidova

SEASON 8
Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas
Gilles Marini and Lacey Schwimmer

SEASON 9
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin

SEASON 10 (at the moment)
Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough
Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood
Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel
Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke
Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya

TwizzWhizz11

TwizzWhizz11

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2010 @ 11:47 PM

I wouldn't want an All-Stars season anytime soon, just because I feel like that season would the ramp for the show to jump the shark. What keeps it fresh is finding new stars that suprise us (as well as disappoint us and those who just meet our expectations, good or bad). However, when the time comes, I'd love to see one.

However, I think excluding winners would be best. It just taints their win, especially if the viewer backlash is to have someone new win - imagine Kristi or Emmit going out first, if they were ever on an AS season. I would love to see the likes of Mya, Gilles, Mario, Stacy and Evan battling it out. It would be just as good, if not better, as the winners battling it out.

As mentioned above, I would like to see a second-chance season as well - Pam, from this season, would be a good fit. Other people I would include in my second chances would be Natalie, Toni, and Willa (and too tired to think of others).

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 30, 2011 @ 7:51 PM

I am going with an All Stars lineup like Project Runway and Top Chef have done - non-winners coming back for a second round. My other rules are: (1) no duplicating pros (since that would be impossible to achieve in the same season, but that takes some good possibilities out) and (2) no pros with only one season (most of the time the one season was not memorable) and no Corky (cuz his dances just gross me out). I've been kicking this around in my head for about a year now, and I'm excited to have found a place to throw out what would be "my DWTS all-star" season (I also tried to get somebody from each season, but I really didn't like season 7 - I also couldn't find anybody with Julianne that wasn't a winner that I enjoyed, so she's not represented either):

Anna Trebunskaya & Evan Lysacek (season 10)
Ashly DelGrosso-Costa & Joey McIntyre (season 1)
Chelsie Hightower & Romeo Miller (season 12)
Cheryl Burke & Gilles Marini (season 8)
Derek Hough & Jennie Garth (season 5)
Dmitry Chaplin & Mya (season 9)
Edyta Slywinska & Joey Lawrence (season 3)
Jonathan Roberts & Rachel Hunter (season 1)
Karina Smirnoff & Mario B (season 6)
Kym Johnson & Joey Fatone (season 4)
Lacey Schwimmer & Kyle Massey (season 11)
Louis Van Amstel & Kelly Osborne (season 9)
Maks Chmerkovsky & Mel B (season 5)
Mark Ballas & Kristin Cavallari (season 13)
Tony Dovolani & Stacy Keibler (season 2)

Unfortunately, my rules mean that some of my other favorites - John O'Hurley, Warren Sapp, Lance Bass, Ty Murray, Chris Jericho, and Ralph Macchio aren't included. Oh well.

I think it would be outstanding especially for a competition between Mel B, Gilles, Evan, and Mya, who would be my top 4 of all of these, with Evan winning.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

Anna Trebunskaya & Evan Lysacek (season 10)
Ashly DelGrosso-Costa & Joey McIntyre (season 1)
Chelsie Hightower & Romeo Miller (season 12)
Cheryl Burke & Gilles Marini (season 8)
Derek Hough & Jennie Garth (season 5)
Dmitry Chaplin & Mya (season 9)
Edyta Slywinska & Joey Lawrence (season 3)
Jonathan Roberts & Rachel Hunter (season 1)
Karina Smirnoff & Mario B (season 6)
Kym Johnson & Joey Fatone (season 4)
Lacey Schwimmer & Kyle Massey (season 11)
Louis Van Amstel & Kelly Osborne (season 9)
Maks Chmerkovsky & Mel B (season 5)
Mark Ballas & Kristin Cavallari (season 13)
Tony Dovolani & Stacy Keibler (season 2)

I love this lineup, but bolded 2 that I'd change. While Kristin should've gone further, Mark's All Star would have to be Sabrina. There were so many dances we never got to see them do: Samba, Waltz/Viennese Waltz, Tango/Argentine Tango, Mambo/Salsa.

I loved Stacy and she was incredibly robbed, but I read somewhere she doesn't wanna dance again, so i'd put Tony with his next best partner to not win, Melissa Rycroft. She seems like she'd be willing to give DWTS a second try.