Happy Town: Twin Peaks Without David Lynch.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

305 replies to this topic

LemonLime

LemonLime

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2010 @ 9:30 AM

I... am so confused. Who the fuck is Chloe? Why does Henley have the ? with the halo as a tattoo? Who is Suzie? How did she know about the hammer? Where are all the people that were taken and couldn't we have gotten like a shot of them going back into town? The Haplins could have gotten Addy back and then the mother would get better and not "be" her daughter.

Other not so important questions: what was the point of Georgia and Andrew? Why can't they be together? What's up with Grives' son (whoever the father is)? Is Alice holding him along with the others? And what was Greggy's point? I mean I get his point but it wasn't fulfilled because we didn't get to see him reunited with Lauren. And why was Rachel taken and returned?????????

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2010 @ 12:01 PM

""Some of these questions were answered. Chloe is the real name of the woman posing as "Henley" and apparently is known to Griff (and probably Peggy), since he babbled about Chloe when he was out of his mind. Susan is the name she says belongs to her mom. From her reaction, Peggy knows who Susan is.

As to the other questions, who knows? This was made as a potential first season for a continuing series, not a self-contained miniseries, so they didn't answer very much.

LemonLime

LemonLime

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2010 @ 3:38 PM

When I ask who's Chloe or who's Susan I'm looking for more than that. WHO are they? It gives me nothing that Susan is Chloe's mom. What is her connection to the town? To Peggy? Why would she go to all this trouble to reveal that Peggy "killed" Alice? (Did she know that Alice is alive?) Why would she send her daughter to face Peggy? That's kinda scary, actually.

Houddy

Houddy

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2010 @ 4:09 PM

those are the questions I want answered too LemonLime. I get that Chloe came to town under and assumed name and has a mom named Susan but who the fuck IS Susan? What's her connection to all this? Why'd she send her daughter to do her dirty work? If Peggy is a killer, and so dangerous, why would Susan put her own child into that kind of danger? Why did some British kid get kidnapped when all the other victims are from Haplan? Why did Alice not kill them? She's clearly not a good guy saving them from the horrors of Peggy if she's locking them in cages underground and cutting off hands.

I'm fine with a show sucking. I watch more than my fair share of crap on tele, but I HATE unanswered questions, especially questions that seem pretty damned important to the overall plot.

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2010 @ 7:02 PM

I could not place the Sherif's reaction to the fact that the victims were not killed but were still being held. Was he pissed at Alice, or was he just surprised? Why did she get a pass? Did he hide Alice from Peggy? But where was she hid it took no time to find the bar, are we to believe a demon could not track her down or know she was dead -- but then Peggy was pretty dense over Merritt?

And I was expecting the Sherif to see Chloe when they were both in the sheriff off during the siege; he was babbling her name and then hacked off his own hand. Why? What was up with the halo tat?

Since the show never did this anyone want to take a stab at making a stab?

Edited by CalAggie, Jul 11, 2010 @ 7:03 PM.

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2010 @ 5:38 PM

Well, that was odd. I think we were probably better off not watching the final two eps. Interesting reading all the various theories about what's going down in Haplin.

I gotta say, though, my favorite part of the two eps was the whacked-out inbred Stivilettos tooling down the highway singing "Magic Man" at the tops of their lungs! Cracked me the hell up. At least that made sense (sort of). So long, Happy Town.