Nurse Jackie

• Please log in to reply

477 replies to this topic

Resuscitator

Resuscitator

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:03 AM

Shame it's been PH'd but I suppose it wasn't getting the traffic.
Jackie is just so broken. And manipulative.
I wonder how long before she finally admits it to herself.
It's such a clever show.

Edited by Resuscitator, Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:03 AM.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Showtime has posted the entire season premiere episode on their youtube channel. You can watch it here. There's a warning that says the episode has been edited from its original format, but all they did was bleep out the swearing.

Spoiler

Edited by ElectricBoogalo, Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:18 PM.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

Thanks for the link,EB!

So glad this show is coming back.
Spoiler

Numb Nut

Numb Nut

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

When I saw the ep available online I thought I missed the premiere because I was so focused on the return of "Mad Men." This is awesome. Two great shows to watch while I wait for the return of "Homeland." I would comment on the ep but for some strange reason I no longer have a spoiler bar icon. WTF?

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 3:48 AM

Looks like they took last year's criticisms to heart, because there were so many changes going on in the season premiere. Finally there is some progress storywise. I won't say much more, because at this point it would still be considered a spoiler, but I was really happy with the premiere. Makes me hope for a good season after the disappointing third year.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

I haven't seen the premiere yet, but saw in a quick clip that Jackie's hair is much longer than it's been. I really liked Falco with short hair, but I'm sure she was ready for a change.

Numb Nut

Numb Nut

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

Just saw ep 2. Wow. I want to comment on a key reveal about Jackie but I still don't have a spoiler button. Is it because I'm using Firefox? I'm also not liking the shaggy, longer haircut, but it's appropriate given her circumstances.

Edited by Numb Nut, Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:24 AM.

Isazouzi

Isazouzi

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

I still don't have a spoiler button. Is it because I'm using Firefox?

There's no spoiler button anymore but if you click on "other styles", you'll see the spoiler option.

I thought the reveal of episode 2 was a powerful one. I didn't see that one coming.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Isazouzi, Apr 3, 2012 @ 3:01 PM.

Numb Nut

Numb Nut

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

There's no spoiler button anymore but if you click on "other styles", you'll see the spoiler option.

Thanks, Isazouzi! So instead of a one-click spoiler button, I have to click numerous prompts to get the same result. That's progress!
Yeah, that was a really big reveal.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hecate7

Hecate7

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

I saw Laura Silverman credited. Was she the one at the beginning, asking "guess how many nurses grind up their oxy and re-seal their toothpaste?" Or was she the distraught gf of the patient?

marsha

marsha

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

I saw Laura Silverman credited. Was she the one at the beginning, asking "guess how many nurses grind up their oxy and re-seal their toothpaste?" Or was she the distraught gf of the patient?

She was the person who was
Spoiler
. It was great seeing her and, whenever I do, I always make the "time out" gesture and say "Jane? Jane?"

I saw the the first episode "sneak peak" (at the Movie Network website here in Canada) and loved it
Spoiler

CoveredInGaston

CoveredInGaston

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:34 PM

I wasn't too happy with
Spoiler
Here's hoping the writers can give him some better material to work with.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Just wow.
Episode two is quite possibly the best episode of the series. Major hilarity at All Saints combined with
Spoiler

LostWithSawyer

LostWithSawyer

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Spoiler

Edited by LostWithSawyer, Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:33 PM.

Resuscitator

Resuscitator

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:40 AM

Oh my. Have just watched both episodes. That was a reveal and a half.
Spoiler

toogoodtobetrue

toogoodtobetrue

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

Where is episode 2 available?

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I was going to ask the same question.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

Showtime OnDemand has the first two episodes.

Numb Nut

Numb Nut

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

I don't think it is a spoiler to talk about what happened last season. I don't remember what O'Hara did with Cooper but I thought she slept with Sam. It feels like so long ago that it should be someone else's baby but I have no idea what the time frame of the show is.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

O'Hara and Cooper never did more than kiss, if I recall correctly.

Funny how some details of season three seems so vague to many of us. Alan Sepinwall's review of tonight's episode is well worth the read. Maybe it will help entice some viewers back to the show.

Yes, it contains spoilers.

Edited by Fisher King, Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:43 AM.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

Coop and O'Hara only kissed, unless they decided to have them enjoy sex off-screen.

O'Hara slept with Sam, but in season two. I think some time has passed since then, therefore I assume
Spoiler
I have been incredibly happy with the first two episodes of season four!

Edited by Nosleepforme, Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:03 PM.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

Is anyone getting the first two episodes on Showtime on Demand doing it through DirectTV? Because I've looked for both this and "The Big C" on there, and am only finding an edited version of the first episodes of the season. I wanna see it, dammit!

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

Great episode tonight. I love Jackie going to rehab. This opens up so much for the season.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

I really liked the episode, too - I've missed Jackie so much. Of course, I just HAD to watch the next 2 episodes On Demand this morning (I can resist anything but temptation). Instant gratification wins over not seeing anything new for 3 weeks. Curses on you, Showtime!

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

I have AT&T U-Verse and I'm not seeing episode 2 on On Demand. I wonder if it's cable company dependent.

Anyway, I can never remember that ambulance driver's name - Zoey's boyfriend. What's his name? I laughed at him and Zoey showing up at Jackie's - Zoey all excited just to be there, and him so nonchalant about Jackie finding a dead body. The visual of Grace and Fiona bopping around while Kevin beat the crap out of Eddie behind them was hilarious too. Not enough Coop this episode. We saw more of Kevin than we did of Coop and I didn't even know whether or not Kevin would be in this season. I feel bad for Gloria - don't like this new administrator character so far.

Jackie really hit an all time low bringing that strange guy home with her and smoking crack with him. I don't even understand why she did it. Did she know he had drugs somehow - could she smell them on him? Or was she just looking for a casual one-nighter and lucked out he had drugs?

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

Wow, the guy from Green Day was one heckuva stunt cast for a junkie. I hate the band, but he played washed up and high so freaking well. Personal experience, I presume? Watching them freebase looked so fake, though. Jackie didn't even exhale any smoke!

Edited by Myndela, Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:24 PM.

xmanson

xmanson

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

This is what season 3 should have been. It really seems like the writers regretted ending season 3 that way.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:32 PM

Watching them freebase looked so fake, though. Jackie didn't even exhale any smoke!

Yes she did exhale smoke.

xtraspecial2

xtraspecial2

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

My take on Ohara's baby's father:

Spoiler

Edited by xtraspecial2, Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:54 AM.