Nurse Jackie

• Please log in to reply

473 replies to this topic

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

Congratulations to Merritt Wever for winning the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Emmy! The media is describing it as a huge upset because she beat out Jane Lynch, Julie Bowen, Sofia Vergara, and Jane Krakowski.

ETA: Ack, thanks a lot for changing "Wever" to "Weaver," autocorrect!

Edited by ElectricBoogalo, Sep 23, 2013 @ 7:39 AM.

jjj343

jjj343

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2013 @ 11:27 PM

Here is a video of Merritt's acceptance speech -its really worth watching since its really short, very funny and exactly like her character.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XbNRDyUN6Rg

Bunny LaJoya

Bunny LaJoya

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 12:14 AM

Best speech.  Wow moment.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 1:20 PM

I've said it before & I'll say it again:

Merritt Fucking Wever!!!!

So thrilled for her & loved the expression on Edie Falco's face when Merritt won. Falco really hit all the emotions last night. Such joy for this co-star, such sorrow for Gandolfini.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

Merritt's speech was such a Zoey thing to say, I just loved it. And I too loved how excited Edie Falco was for her. She was just beaming with pride. For all of the ups and downs of the show, Zoey is the one constant thing and I am so glad that she finally got her due.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 9:37 PM

There was a great profile from The Daily Beast on Merritt and Edie had such lovely things to say about her.

You could tell during the broadcast that her enthusiasm and happiness over Merritt's win was genuine. And it's so nice that a veteran like Edie so unabashedly compliments and praises a younger actress.

But put the actress in front of a reporter, and all that confidence evaporates. “I know, I’m not a great interview!” she keeps repeating apologetically over lunch at a midtown Manhattan diner. “I’m sorry I don’t have anything better for you. I hate this!”“I know this kind of thing makes her uncomfortable, so the last thing I would want to do is contribute to that,” Falco says of Wever’s press phobia. “But at the same time, I want to shout from the rooftops!”

Emmy voters agree. For the second straight year, they nominated Wever for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (one of the Showtime series’s five, including Falco as Lead Actress). Wever, 32, might not be comfortable in the spotlight, but her dynamic performances simply cannot be ignored. “She is such a unique talent,” says Falco. “Every time she’s onscreen, she’s predictably unpredictable. She embodies everything that I love and that makes me proud to be working in this industry.”

Yet once she finds her way again, Wever takes Zoey to new heights each year. Two scenes from Jackie’s most recent season demonstrate her impressive range. In the first, during the seventh episode (“Teachable Moments”), Zoey is wearing headphones and transcribing dictation from Dr. Cooper (Peter Facinelli), until it slowly dawns on her that she is listening to a recording of him having sex with another doctor. In Wever’s funniest moments of the season, as the shock slowly registers, she blurts out dozens of variations on “Oh my God!” before finally flinging off her headset as if it’s infected.

“We laughed our fool heads off!” says Falco. “As soon as she would go off-script, I could barely keep it together until the second they yelled cut, and everybody would fall on the floor. It’s one of the greatest joys about working on the show. I’m thrilled when I look on the day’s schedule and see that I get to work with her. My whole mood lifts.”

Edited by OptimisticCynic, Sep 23, 2013 @ 9:41 PM.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2013 @ 5:35 AM

Julie White from Go On and Six Feet Under will be on the next season of Nurse Jackie for most of the season. That has me kind of excited after season five was so incredibly boring and uneventful. Unfortunately it looks like O'Hara won't be back - not even for a short cameo.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2014 @ 7:12 AM

S6 trailer

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2014 @ 4:24 AM

Looks kind of lame.

Hopefully, this season will be better than last season. Otherwise I might start to pretend that the show ended with the exit of the original showrunners and O'Hara.

Also, I just cannot get used to Jackie with long hair. It looks so out of character for her, I think.

hoodooznoodooz

hoodooznoodooz

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 6:36 AM

Hmmm... Maybe I am overlooking something subtle and very clever, but the first episode kind of disappointed me.

I occasionally watch "Mom" which costars Allison Janney. Jackie's new friend from AA reminds me of a slightly less charismatic version of the Allison Janney character.

But I am impressed that she did not object to teeth indentations on what was probably an expensive wallet.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 7:08 AM

I liked Julie White on Go On so I'm going to enjoy her.

Antoinette: You are pushing a wheelbarrow full of horse shit up a very steep hill.

Antoinette: What? I haven't had a drink in ten years. It's like visiting your boyfriend in prison. You know he's no good for you but you still like look at him through the glass.

When Jackie got out a knife and started messing with the electrical socket in the kitchen, I thought she was trying to electrocute herself to simulate the shock she got from the paddles. You know you're watching Nurse Jackie when you think whew, she's just going into her drug stash!

I don't know why she didn't tell Kevin and Grace specifically what happened at work. Grace probably would have been a lot more understanding if she told her that a doctor shocked her with the paddles.

The Solution

The Solution

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 11:47 AM

Jackie's new friend from AA is the lady who owned the chain of funeral homes on Six Feet Under.

Also, not happy that Dr. Butterface has returned. (Smokin' body, but her face...)

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 1:35 PM

Loved Julie White since Grace Under Fire.

Edie Falco's face  looks like it may have been 'enhanced' since last season.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 1:39 PM

She looks really tan, which is always funny to me when it's not summer in show time.

Does anyone know where they shoot the pool scenes? Gorgeous pool.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 3:32 PM

After seeing the season premier, I can't help but wonder if the show has run its course. There isn't anywhere new for them to go at this point - Jackie came full circle and now she's back on drugs and hiding it again. If she's caught or confesses or goes back to rehab, it's all rehash now. I still like the characters, but the premise has kind of run out of steam.

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 6:00 PM

It's kind of funny that Julie White is on this show now. She won a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play back in 2007, and it was something of an upset - the expected winner was Eve Best, aka Dr. O'Hara.

Artistictype

Artistictype

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 6:54 PM

Wonder what the timeline is.  Jackie was sober for a year so her tolerance  must have gone way down. but

now she's popping several pills at a time as well as snorting crushed ones.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 8:26 PM

Heh, she's making up for all that lost time!

The Solution

The Solution

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Wonder what the timeline is.  Jackie was sober for a year so her tolerance  must have gone way down. but

now she's popping several pills at a time as well as snorting crushed ones.

They said Dr. Butterface had just returned from three months' suspension, so three months.

I'm wondering how Jackie can work out so much with those drugs in her system. Since she's, well, past forty, it would seem like there'd be too much stress on her system to combine the workouts and the drugs. Anyone have any knowledge of this subject?

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 AM

To be fair, it looked like she was getting her drugs after her swim. Heh, probably her way of rewarding herself for exercising.

CarolMK63

CarolMK63

Channel Surfer

Posted Yesterday, 12:48 PM

I'm not liking Jackie using so many pills, to the point where it appears she's hallucinating half the time. And it appears her daughter Grace is using too ? (What happened to the other daughter Fiona? I don't remember seeing her much last season and she was absent last night). 

This doesn't look like it's going to end well for Jackie. Also, I'm bored with Eddie. 

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 PM

I'm still watching but the show seems to be running on fumes, and the hallucinations are just boring. Love the pool/water shots even though they seem lifted from The Big C. Jackie can't possibly keep dosing with the obscene number of pills without repercussion.

Still don't like Dr. Roman. Hope the cop BF is better written this season.

I'm also not sure where else the story can go without constant repetition, especially since they renewed for a 7th season.

attica finch

attica finch

Stalker

Posted Yesterday, 01:52 PM

My best friend used to work with Julie White (it was their day job between gigs several hundred years ago) and raves about how great she was, how funny. So I always get a 1-degree-of-separation bit of delight to see her working in good roles.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Zoe looks amazing - has she lost more weight?