Cycle 13 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

916 replies to this topic

Le Furonda

Le Furonda

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 9:49 PM

Taken from S12 Speculation and Spoilers:

inthisworld
I used to know a guy that was a camera man for the CW, and my brother got a job as his assistant. He is in the top model crew now and they're filming cycle 13 of top model right now! He tells me its being filmed here in los angeles and the semi-finals were filmed last week. He said he's never seen such noisy girls in his life lol. -- Anyway, I have some information about the cast of the next cycle, here it goes.

There will be 14 girls chosen that will move into the house.
There are 4 blonde girls and one of them apparently has "the lightest blue eyes you will ever see" (according to my brother).
There is one asian girl with chestnut long hair and accorsing to him is really skinny.
One of the girls is "emo-like" and miss jay questioned her about it at casting panel, the girl cried. her hair is dyed black and has green eyes.
Theres 4 black girls one of them has a lighter skin tone so wer'e not sure, she might be mixed. He said one of them is bald and looks like someone you'll see on national geo. documentaries, while the rest are more common looking.
Theres a girl with a very round face and reddish hair.
Theres also a girl who looks like she's from the mid west.
He cant remember the other two girls, just that one of them might be latin.

Also some additional information.
The casting theme will be like job interviews, all of them dress in suits.
Ok so Ill try to post more info as the filming goes by.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 9:55 PM

Sounds very interesting. Only one Asian girl? Maybe the Asians didn't turn out for this audition? -sigh-

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 10:02 PM

Theres also a girl who looks like she's from the mid west.

How do girls from the Midwest look different from girls from other places? The mind, it boggles.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 10:10 PM

She probably dresses very.. midwestern, I guess?

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 10:37 PM

How do girls from the Midwest look different from girls from other places? The mind, it boggles.

I was wondering if she meant the Mideast.

SoNiceToWear

SoNiceToWear

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 11:42 PM

Will there be a replacement for Paulina, or is this her last cycle?

Disc

Disc

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 11:55 PM

Well, given the track record of East Asians on ANTM (I don't count April since the first two seasons were arguably different beasts than the current incarnation), I see two possible explanations.

First, that Asians are cast only as personality filler (Gina "Dumb as a Box of Rocks" C6, and Sheena "from the block" C11). Anchal also fits in this category if you expand Asian beyond East Asian. The Sheena types are really, really rare would most likely need to be scouted like Sara C6, and the Gina types are much more common but I feel like...
(Second)...they would avoid the show like the plague anyway.

I can't imagine that the viewer demographic includes that many Asians anyway, or that Cover Girl and Seventeen have high amounts of Asian clientele. But this is all speculation.

Edited by Disc, May 13, 2009 @ 12:00 AM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 11:59 PM

I happen to know many Asians/Filipinos that love this show, but then again, that's only a small sample of people.. out of the whole country. Oh, and I'm Asian too, hah! (But I'm a dude, so most of the reason why I watch this show is because the photoshoots are like, interesting as heck~)

I'm rather curious as to why only one Asian made it to the semi-finals.. I'd have thought more could've made it.

Edited by The Void, May 13, 2009 @ 12:00 AM.

Disc

Disc

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 12:07 AM

Well my point is that I don't think Tyra feels any particular pressure to select an Asian winner because the audience wouldn't be large enough to provide the requisite vested interest, and subsequently, Seventeen or Cover Girl wouldn't necessarily demand one.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 12:10 AM

Hmm...that's interesting. The winner of Cycle 12 was black so I am betting that the winner of Cycle 13 will either be white or Asian.

Edited to remove spoiler tags now that the winner of Cycle 12 is known.

Edited by C0mputerGeek, May 14, 2009 @ 8:44 PM.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 1:07 AM

How do girls from the Midwest look different from girls from other places?

I immediately pictured Kristi and the 'Pher. Dusty blond/brown hair. Pretty, but plain faces. Nothing extravagant in styling.

I'd hate for the short cycle to automatically be an Asian win. It's like, really Tyra? You easily could have let April or Sheena win if you desperately wanted an Asian win.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 1:13 AM

It probably won't be automatic, but if an Asian girl does win, she'll have to prove that she can model like there's no tomorrow. And girls like that in general are pretty rare.. hopefully she doesn't get cut in the first episode. Ugh.

Edited by The Void, May 13, 2009 @ 1:13 AM.

inthisworld

inthisworld

Just Tuned In

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 2:20 AM

So this is where I had to post, sorry for that!

Ok those two girls my brother didn't remember about, I just called him and gave me a description. One is definitely asian, so there is two asians. The second asian looks very plain jane and it's probably the shortest. The last girl who might be latin was actually born in spain, she has brown curly hair.

About the girl from the middle east (that's what I meant to say) , my brother says he doen't remember well but she said on set her parents were from either Iran or Iraq, she has hazel eyes, brown hair and tan skin.

Also one of the blondes has a very weird face who according to my brother not everyone might find appealing. The other too are more conventionally pretty. One of the blonde girls was diagnosed bipolar when little.

I asked him what girl to him was the prettiest and he said the "hottest" one was one of the blondes, who reminded him of kate hudsen (sp??)

Keep your fingers crossed cause i told my brother to take pics, hopefully we will get some soon.

Edited by inthisworld, May 13, 2009 @ 2:35 AM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 3:14 AM

Hm.. so there's two Asian girls. I wonder just what these girls' personalities are like. I hope we get another girl that's kind of like Allison..

TyGuy

TyGuy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 5:02 AM

Thanks for the info, inthisworld! BTW, can you shed any light on how short these girls acutally are?

Interesting sounding cast of shorties (Bipolar Girl reeks of Tyra milking her for drama). I wonder if this will be a cycle where a non-Caucasian girl wins? Chances are good if 8 (4 Black Girls, 2 Asians, 1 Latina, 1 Middle Eastern) out of the 14 aren't Caucasian.

Will there be a replacement for Paulina, or is this her last cycle?

I just came back from her thread and I'm like WTF?!?

Edited by TyGuy, May 13, 2009 @ 5:20 AM.

gastrolyor

gastrolyor

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 11:09 AM

I wonder if this will be a cycle where a non-Caucasian girl wins? Chances are good if 8 (4 Black Girls, 2 Asians, 1 Latina, 1 Middle Eastern) out of the 14 aren't Caucasian.

"Middle Eastern" is considered Caucasian, as far as the census, at least, goes. But if her colouring is dramatic enough, she might fill the "exotic" slot. Mark my words: she'll get the POSB Night of the Living Weave.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 11:31 AM

One of the girls is "emo-like" and miss jay questioned her about it at casting panel, the girl cried. her hair is dyed black and has green eyes.

One of the blonde girls was diagnosed bipolar when little.

there is two asians

My money's on one of these for the win.
Because Tyra wants to prove that yes, emo/asian/bipolar girls CAN be models.

And I think one of the asians will be very Gina-ish and go early, and the other will be FIERCE and probably get to the F3 at least.
I think since the emo girl cried, there might be a story there.
And the bipolar girl? Tyra's brain must've orgasmed when she heard about that.

rose3000

rose3000

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 1:20 PM

I assume that Tyra thinks emo=secret cutter. When it's probably just a somewhat shy girl who's into the music and typically emotional/confused, like a lot of teenage girls. But Tyra will make it into a "Lessons from Columbine" moment.

Lolita Swann

Lolita Swann

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 1:52 PM

I'm rooting for, sight unseen, Thin Asian and Bipolar Blond for final 2. I'm guessing the winner will be white thanks to patterning or, because maybe Tyra wants to change up the pattern after 12 cycles, she'll crown an Asian, who I hope is exactly 5'7".

Weird that out of the six white girls, four are blond.

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, May 16, 2009 @ 1:48 PM.

jetty

jetty

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 2:52 PM

I imagine Tyra will go with the obvious and the advertising campaign will feature these girls are done up as high fashion leprechauns.

jenniphifer

jenniphifer

Channel Surfer

• Interests:tv (obviously), making and peddling my wares, indie music (but in a non pretentious, un-hipster kind of way), the color green, damask, old cars, iced tea, anything raspberry, remaining vaguely aware of pop culture without becoming immersed in it, national public radio<br /><br />i have a love/hate relationship with top model (love the show, hate tyra). <br /><br />&lt;3 arrested development, how i met your mother, the it crowd, community, project runway, 30 rock

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 3:53 PM

wow, this sounds like it could be for real... definitely the most plausible pre show spoiler i've read in a while, but we shall see!

Le Furonda

Le Furonda

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 9:23 PM

inthisworld, a few questions:
  • Is Paulina on the judges' table?
  • Are the prizes the same?
Oh, and meet Hanna Beth. Green eyes, emo, and (quite possibly dyed) black hair.

Edited by Le Furonda, May 13, 2009 @ 9:28 PM.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 10:25 PM

Hannah Beth Merjos is not a top model contestant. Seriously, if she is I will pay all of you ten dollars. I don't even know what she is famous for, but I know that she is probably too busy clinging to Paris Hilton's friendship to be on ANTM.

Edited by evilandproud, May 13, 2009 @ 11:44 PM.

Sentosa

Sentosa

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 4:17 AM

I wonder if this will be a cycle where a non-Caucasian girl wins? Chances are good if 8 (4 Black Girls, 2 Asians, 1 Latina, 1 Middle Eastern) out of the 14 aren't Caucasian.

Both Middle Eastern and Latina = Caucasian. Just say white or non-white when you talk about caucasians, race is a visual construct, and this industry isn't about what you are, it's about how you look.

Are these descriptions pre or post-makeover by the way, inthisworld? We haven't had a redhead winner, or even one in the final 3 (that I can recall). We haven't had a natural redhead make it into the house either, if I'm not mistaken (do correct me if I'm wrong, anyone). As it's time for an ethnically "exotic" winner, I'll probably have to put all hopes of having a red haired finalist aside until cycle 14 :(

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, May 16, 2009 @ 1:49 PM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 5:44 AM

I believe they're pre-makeover since this is still semifinals.

fiestynut123

fiestynut123

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 2:59 PM

Mckey was a natural red head I believe

kogii

kogii

Just Tuned In

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 4:07 PM

I'm pretty confident an Asian girl will win...there are not TOO many really tall Asian girls out there, and I wouldn't be shocked if Tyra opened the cycle up for "short" girls in order to invite more Asian girls to the castings.

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 4:21 PM

Mckey was a natural red head I believe

Nope, her hair is dirty blonde naturally...she said so somewhere.

Also, there might be four blondes now, but I'm willing to bet that at least 2 of those will be brunette or red by the time Tyra is through with them.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 6:50 PM

Have we ever had a natural redhead as a finalist on this show?

Also, there might be four blondes now, but I'm willing to bet that at least 2 of those will be brunette or red by the time Tyra is through with them.

Yeah... Tyra ain't happy unless she's making everyone look the exact opposite of what they naturally are.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 7:04 PM

Have we ever had a natural redhead as a finalist on this show?

The twins. Umm. Tessa. Nicole (C3), maybe (obviously not her dye job, but before that)? Kim and the Sue both have reddish-brown hair, I think.