1-6: "Left of the Dial" 2009.05.12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

Fanatic

• Interests:Moderating

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 6:50 PM

Zap2it:

Trevor aims his arrow at Jack, a radio disc jockey, and one of his listeners, a single mother named Sarah; Claire falls for a handsome statistician.

Toy Purple Belt

Toy Purple Belt

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2009 @ 10:06 PM

Okay, that wasn't the worst season finale ever. My only question is if we'll ever get to see the lost episode IMDb lists as "My Fair Masseuse".

ETA: How dumb was Clifford to leave such a detailed message on a stranger's answering machine. Even assuming Jack called him from Sarah's house, it screams contrivance to me.

For quite a while, I thought the statistician was being introduced as Claire's new boyfriend, taking the role of Joe Flanigan in the original. That turned out to not be the case. The Date-Well match was handled well enough, with Claire strongly opposed to the match she had been given. I enjoyed seeing her knowing something that Trevor didn't, obviously deduced from their choices of pseudonyms. She chose the Art Deco author, and I'll bet he entered as Cupid_The-God-Of-Love. Who else would he go as?

Edited by Toy Purple Belt, May 13, 2009 @ 10:20 AM.

ketose

ketose

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

Didn't Trevor figure out that his match was Claire, or was that something else?

I forgot 1.0 boyfriend was Joe Flannigan. Now, all I can think of is Stargate.

Season finale, my ass. I mostly liked the episode. They put in conventional twists, but in different places. I love Alexie Gilmore, but the girl cannot get on a successful TV show.

Toy Purple Belt

Toy Purple Belt

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 9:11 AM

Trevor figured it out when he saw the book by Tamara de Lempicka (the pseudonym she used on Date Well) on Claire's coffee table. That was near the end of the episode, and she figured out who her match was as soon as she saw it.

NowandNever

NowandNever

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2009 @ 5:36 PM

Does anyone else feel like the casting director has a type? It seems like there have been a few girls who have looked very similar, brown hair, bangs, similar face shape, pretty eyes, and then they dress them kind of the same with colorful and slightly funky/artsy clothes. There was Sara in this episode, Hallie (the mom whose son was setting her up with his sperm donor father), and the one whose name I forget who works in the soup kitchen and falls in love with the detective. They're all very cute, but it would be nice to see a little more diversity.

I loved the look Trevor gave Claire at the end, when she realized he knew they had been matched together. I didn't think they had much chemistry before, but that may have changed my mind...

ketose

ketose

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2009 @ 6:03 PM

NowandNever,

I was watching a commercial with a hot mom that filled the bill that Cupid does, and that's what I thought of. With six episodes, you have two pretty brunette moms, the brunette with banks and a soft heart, a brunette who was attracive by dressed kind of drab, the hot brunette with a taste for danger and a fiery southern redhead.

I guess Claire is the only blonde allowed in the mix.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2009 @ 12:17 AM

I found it ironic that in an episode featuring a couple totally devoted to music, that I had to wait until the very end of the episode to even hear a decent song, Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the guy in the couple, the DJ whose name I never bothered to remember, declared that he didn't like The Doors. There really is no accounting for taste, is there?

Otherwise it was another pedestrian episode of a pedestrian remake of a series that I used to love but am now struggling mightily to remember why!

ketose

ketose

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2009 @ 7:28 AM

I don't like the Doors, either. For all the hoopla, the music itself always sounded very pedestrian to me.

In a lot of ways I liked Cupid 1.0 because I liked Paula Marshall. But when I think about the show, I remember that it seemed to lose me near the end of it's (only) season. Not enough for me to not want to watch, but it was getting off focus.

I like Cupid 2.0 because of the romcom factor. Contrary to my earlier opinions, I think the Trevor/Claire arc is going slower and that's probably a good thing. I don't know if I like one more than the other, but I like both of them.