5-24: "Both Sides Now" 2009.05.11 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

469 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2009 @ 10:42 AM

From Zap2it:

House is intrigued by a patient whose left brain and right brain operate independently, creating two distinct personalities.

Run time on the episode is listed as 61 minutes.

Fancha

Fancha

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:01 PM

REALLY, SHOW?

mcjen

mcjen

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:02 PM

That was a letdown.

artsygal

artsygal

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:03 PM

Whaaaa? That was lame.

jennamajig

jennamajig

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:03 PM

Good thing I watched this live because the Comcast DVR stopped recording early.

WTF show?? Seriously??

I need time to process this. And Chase really puts up with too much when it comes to Cameron. She is very lucky he loves her so much.

jmz

jmz

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:05 PM

That
was
awesome!

feralcarol

feralcarol

Channel Surfer

That just...bummed me out, and not in the good cathartic way like last season.

Watching Jesse Spencer and Jennifer Morrison's scenes made me feel so, so awkward.

I was happy to see Kutner though, even if just for a bit. Poor, poor House.

Bibliomancer

Bibliomancer

Channel Surfer

I don't see this working, but to be honest I give them credit for trying. It wasn't bad, although some dialogue at the end might have been nice.

rhys7

rhys7

Fanatic

Was the patient a fake? I'm a bit cornfuzzled.

adrinicmen

adrinicmen

Channel Surfer

wow. so we learned that House loves Cuddy but is not able to be a half-ass decent person and, therefore, will never be with her? And he is crazy? Is it connected to the brain injury from the bus crash and thats why he sees Amber? . . . SHOW. . . WTF?

lilyflower

lilyflower

Couch Potato

What? The Chase/Cameron storyline should've been part of the hallucination. Weddings, barf.

Seriously, bad ep

Spafoom

Spafoom

Channel Surfer

... well, it was nice to see Kutner, at least, though I missed what he said. Not quite sure about the rest.

rollingstone

rollingstone

Video Archivist

Thirty seconds of Huddy sex in black and white? And it was an illusion. Lame!

kathy999

kathy999

Video Archivist

I thought through the first 49 minutes that the show blew. BUT those last 11 minutes were killer. Did he imagine sleeping with Cuddy? Lots to process.

EponasWildDaughter

EponasWildDaughter

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:06 PM

I'm a little confused. Exactly what just happened??

c crean

c crean

Video Archivist

I didn't get it.

How many extra commercials did they run tonight? I swear there were more minutes of commercial than show.

mysticowl

mysticowl

Fanatic

That was heartbreaking. I wonder what wounded House more: the fact that he's still hallucinating or the fact that he didn't actually spend a night with Cuddy. His little smile at finding the lipstick in the morning, House was happy for a day! I think my local affiliate was trying to give me hints as to what really happened by choosing "House doesn't do happy" as their commercial separator quotation.

I don't often like anything to do with Cameron, but I did like the resolution to the Cameron/Chase conundrum. It made sense to me and I think it was sweet from both sides - her realizing Chase is worth the sacrifice and him realizing it's not about doubting him.

Was the patient a fake? I'm a bit cornfuzzled.

No. House's detox and sex with Cuddy were a hallucination. Everything that happened this episode was real, except that the lipstick was actually a pill bottle. When Cuddy came into his office in the morning, she wasn't talking about the sex that didn't happen, she was talking about him crossing a line with his comment about her baby. House did tell Wilson about having sex with Cuddy and Wilson believed him, but it never actually happened.

Edited by mysticowl, May 11, 2009 @ 8:08 PM.

Ben

Ben

Video Archivist

Hey, remember when House was less confusing than Lost?

That House and Cuddy never slept together was one I never saw coming. Whether it's good storytelling I don't know. I'll pick the show up again in September, because if nothing else this one did keep my attention til the end.

Poor Chase, man. Is there anything he won't give in on?

Edited by Ben, May 11, 2009 @ 8:09 PM.

ddawn23

ddawn23

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:07 PM

After House yelled and the nurse whispered to Cuddy what he had said, Cuddy turned to him boobs first. If that's not love I don't know what is.

MissMoneyBags

MissMoneyBags

Fanatic

• Interests:Beauty Contests, Railroads, Real Estate Speculation, Bank Errors, Staying Out Of Jail

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:07 PM

Whooooooooooooooaaaa. Can't decide if that was brilliant or if it sucked. The last scene was beautifully played by HL and RSL, though.

I can't believe they made JS and JM act out a wedding on screen.

Oh and whoever the blonde extra was, who played the nurse whose mouth hung open after House made his "announcement" to the lobby, biggest LOL of the night.

Edited by MissMoneyBags, May 11, 2009 @ 8:09 PM.

summerbummin

summerbummin

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:08 PM

I am so over Chase and Cameron. Now that they are married, please let them fade into the background.

Of course - I cried at the end.

emrie

emrie

Fanatic

Wait, so the sex was entirely a hallucination? I'm so confused!

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Yet another "all-in-his-mind" finale does not warrant the most shocking moment in House history.

Was I the only one who expected, when showing what really happened v. what House thought happened, to see House dry humping his door (instead of kissing Cuddy)? I knew they weren't going to do it but for a split second that thought crossed my mind.

I don't know what it said about the episode, but I was more into Wilson than I was House. I was glad Wilson was the one who drove him.

Edited by CantThinkUpName, May 11, 2009 @ 8:09 PM.

Lunathick

Lunathick

Fanatic

I knew it that House couldn't just detox off of Vicodin in less than 24 hours, but still, an hallucination? Bummer.

Chase is way too good for Cameron. The minute she fucks things up, I swear to God...Chase! You better not take her crap.

The episode was kind of lame.

EponasWildDaughter

EponasWildDaughter

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:09 PM

I can't believe they made JS and JM act out a wedding on screen.

I know. Awkward much?

NicoleGW

NicoleGW

Just Tuned In

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I loved this episode. Last week's seemed very "off" to me, what with the 12 hour detox, Cuddy admitting she'd been crushing House since undergrad (what?), and the overall easy resolution to what was an incredibly severe mental break. I didn't see this week's reveal as being cheap at all. That this was all House's fantasy? Perfect, IMO. Also, the scene where House figures everything out was wonderfully filmed and edited.

The POW was terrific also. Overall, this was the first episode in weeks that I really enjoyed. (Even if the wedding scene was cringe-inducing.)

rory

rory

Couch Potato

That was definitely the best episode of the season. I LOVE that Chameron are married, and I love that House loves Cuddy, though it's sad that they're not really together, I have faith that they will be someday.

taura

taura

Couch Potato

That made me so sad for him. I suspected that the sex might be a hallucination, but I was really hoping it wasn't. To see the realization hit House was awful.

Kit Kat

Kit Kat

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:10 PM

Wow....that blew my mine grapes.

calamitysxchild

calamitysxchild

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 8:10 PM

Well, basically, to sum up: my roommate and I guessed maybe they didn't have sex, but not that House hallucinated ALL of that. I had a hunch that Kutner was going to come back, if very briefly. And I still don't like Chase/Cameron or House/Cuddy.

I do, however, love any House and Wilson moments. :) And loved the old man.

This episode, for the most part, was very boring.