The Fashion Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

542 replies to this topic

canasian

canasian

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 2:50 PM

Yes, Bravo's total ripoff of themselves has been officially announced.

I'm so excited to see Fern and Isaac. But what about the "Tim"?!?!?!? I'd love to see who they get for that role. Not sure how they'll work in the "Harper's Bazzar Mini Challenge," but it sounds like fun. Maybe they'll give them a basic sewing technique (like...um...I don't know, you guys come up with something) and have them do it in one hour for the judge?

So all in all, yay! Two Project Runways this Summer. 35 days to wait...

wentmissing.

wentmissing.

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 3:32 PM

I'm thinking if they have a "Tim", it will be Issac. He'll do whatever his hosting duties then step into the "Tim" role. I'm wondering what Kelly has to offer.

I hope this is good.

Well I just looked at the linked you provided after looking at the Bravo site. Bravo says that Issac is just a host, the press release says he's host and judge.

Edited by wentmissing., Apr 2, 2009 @ 3:34 PM.

MariaArg

MariaArg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 4:08 PM

I like how they'll have Quickfire, I mean Harper's Bazaar, challenges. And it'll be interesting for them to not have a mentor, as appears to be the case. I wouldn't want Isaac to be both mentor and judge.

kitty32

kitty32

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 5:34 PM

When I saw the ads I thought "They're just redoing PR" but the poster above is right -- Bravo went with something that didn't sound like a great idea up front and now that it's a hit they've lost it to Lifetime. They have every right to do their own version.

Should be interesting -- I'm in love with Isaac ever since that documentary where the models changed behind a scrim curtain and walked to the Mary Tyler Moore theme ... fantastic!

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 2:25 AM

I'll be watching just to see what comes out of Isaac's mouth. Is this also gong to be a Magical Elves production?

As this is a Bravo competition it will probably be recapped.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 7:20 AM

I can't wait. I think if Isaac does step into the Tim role he would be great. He won't be as warm and fuzzy as Tim is, but he could offer great advice. The only problem I see is that he can't be both mentor and judge.

sloopster

sloopster

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 8:31 PM

I've got a bad feeling about this...

shootingstar

shootingstar

Fanatic

• Interests:Watching to much damn TV, of course!

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 9:22 PM

Yeah, they ripped themselves off but I'm such a reality whore that I'm in. Love Isaac! And I'm happy Kelly got a gig that won't involve Beyonce stealing her thunder...maybe.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 9:11 AM

I'm willing to give it a chance. I like Isaac and I like Kelly. If Bravo adds it's usaul dose of crack I'm sure I'll be instatly addicted.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 10:56 AM

I can't wait. I think if Isaac does step into the Tim role he would be great. He won't be as warm and fuzzy as Tim is, but he could offer great advice. The only problem I see is that he can't be both mentor and judge.

Or he could take more of a Colicchio role as "head judge" and does a designer version of the "sniff & sneer" where he walks around, asks a few questions and makes incredulous faces to scare the crap out of the designers and make them rethink their designs.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 11:02 AM

I really hope no one tries to step into the Tim Gunn role. Tim really is one of a kind and any attempt to imitate him is bound to fail. RuPaul only managed to do it because Drag Race was part satire. If Bravo wants us to take TFS seriously I think they will stay away from creating any Tim clones.

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2009 @ 11:04 PM

Or he could take more of a Colicchio role as "head judge" and does a designer version of the "sniff & sneer" where he walks around, asks a few questions and makes incredulous faces to scare the crap out of the designers and make them rethink their designs.

This would be awesome. But only if we get the Isaac that was rumored to get into hair pulling fights with Naomi and would fall to his knees weeping when Linda Evangelista wouldn't return his calls. I want crazy mood swing Isaac. Though the snide coldly furious he was reduced to being on the Apprentice a few years back Issac could be fun as well.

Otherwise as strict mentor? I don't see it happening. Tim's role is based on him being an instructor of many years. The ability to go past individual points of view and look at the essentials. Isaac has trained himself to be a designer with a focused point of view. Very different mindsets I think.

I'm really eager to see what Kelly brings. Or rather what she tries to bring and fails tremendously. If Veronica Webb was a rough mismatch with Tim on his show, I'm thinking the woman whose most famous fashions were matching suede outfits as part of the Beyonce Knowles trainride to fame. I'm hoping each week she trots out one of the Mama Knowles red carpet outfits she was forced to wear. Themed to the challenge of the week. Can you imagine the contestants being challenged to create some kind of updated dress uniform for the Coast Guard while Kelly flits through the fitting room wearing that gawdawful camo outfit that came in short, short-short and cervix exam.

MdMaxx

MdMaxx

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 9:52 AM

I HATE the promo for this show.

"Confidence is the new black."

"Blah blah blah is the new black"

"Competition is the new black."

STFU! Urgh... I just can't stand Issac Mizrahi anyway so that's probably why it's so grating.

MariaArg

MariaArg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:32 AM

I'm really eager to see what Kelly brings. Or rather what she tries to bring and fails tremendously. If Veronica Webb was a rough mismatch with Tim on his show, I'm thinking the woman whose most famous fashions were matching suede outfits as part of the Beyonce Knowles trainride to fame.

She was a guest on Project Runway Australia and she seemed very nice. I'm hoping it will work out. I *need* a fashion reality show RIGHT NOW.

TheBadHat

TheBadHat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:42 AM

sloopster

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I'm with you.

I keep seeing the promos on Bravo and I really want to watch it and to like it but there's something about Isaac that really gets on my nerves. And if he even attempts to take on a Tim Gunn-like role I don't think I could stand it. I didn't know about his crazy moodswings and I guess that could spice up the show. I mainly remember him from that Red Carpet coverage he did for one of the awards shows and he was, to me, intolerable. But I am a reality shows' bitch so will have watch at least once.

Edited by TheBadHat, Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:42 AM.

IttyBittyFlavur

IttyBittyFlavur

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2009 @ 1:43 PM

Project Rungay has previews.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2009 @ 10:14 AM

Glad to hear TLo approves. I'm looking forward to this show.

MariaArg

MariaArg

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2009 @ 2:16 PM

For once I want this site's association with Bravo to be used for good, and give us a recap. You can start mideason, TWoP, it'll be okay.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2009 @ 8:55 PM

Hey, I love Issac, so I'll be tuning in!

cousin oliver

cousin oliver

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2009 @ 1:25 AM

From the review in the New York Times:

Isaac Mizrahi is the host and lead judge instead of Heidi Klum, which is a little like giving the Grace Kelly role in “To Catch a Thief” to Rosie O’Donnell.

Snerk.

sloopster

sloopster

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2009 @ 10:00 AM

I'm hoping for the best. I have vague misgivings about how you re-do Project Runway without re-doing Project Runway - I would never have thought I'd get into the show in the first place, since I have no interest in fashion, but it really grabbed me, and I want this to succeed. But... it's on the wrong night! Wednesday is skill-based competitive reality night. Thursday is for housewives or matchmakers or other stuff I'm bored by. I feel a little ridiculous even thinking this, but it bothers me. Like the night The West Wing started 15 minutes late and I was baffled because the rhythm was off.

Good luck, Bravo.

Rocky Monoxide

Rocky Monoxide

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2010 @ 10:38 AM

Surprisingly (to me at least), the New York Times says this thing is coming back for a 2nd season in September, with Iman replacing Kelly Rowland. Iman wasn't bad as the host of Project Runway Canada, so this should be an improvement. I'm not sure September is a smart time to throw it back in the water, though, because it's much more of a "I might watch this because it's summer and there's not a damn thing on" kind of show.

It's funny, because I sat through every episode of this thing, and I have absolutely no memory of anything that happened other than the way Isaac and Kelly walked through the workroom and then stepped outside for an instant bitch session.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2010 @ 8:58 AM

I will probably watch the 2nd season. While the 1st had ALOT of problems with designers like Reco and Merlin how could I not love it? Hopefully there will be more colorful designers like that on this season and with Iman as a host you can't go wrong.

juneboy44

juneboy44

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2010 @ 9:40 AM

I'm just glad that they got rid of Kelly. Love her but as a fashion judge, she had no credibility.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 10:22 AM

Bravo has released the contestants for the new season of The Fashion Show. It starts Nov. 9th and I don't know if this makes a difference or not but the show is actually called The Fashion Show Ultimate Collection.

Not sure what to think of the designers but it's nice that there seems to be a few older contestants on the show and that should add a nice mix and anything with Iman is great.

Season 2

just checking

just checking

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 11:12 AM

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but the show is actually called The Fashion Show Ultimate Collection.

"So, What's the New Show Format?":

Bravo threads a brand new twist into an all-new season of The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection, as fashion icon Iman and internationally acclaimed designer Isaac Mizrahi unveil 12 professional designers for a runway battle in a first-ever fashion house duel. Harper’s Bazaar’s Laura Brown will serve as series judge alongside hosts Iman and Mizrahi.

The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection will split 12 talented men and women into two fashion houses and each “house” must work together, not only to create a cohesive collection each week, but also to produce a live fashion show in every episode. From the set, to the music and lighting, these contestants will be pushed harder than ever before as they lay it all on the line for a chance to create the ultimate collection and to win $125,000 furnished by TRESemme® Professional Hair Care.

Harper’s Bazaar’s Features and Special Projects Director, Laura Brown, joins Mizrahi and Iman as series judge. Brown joined Bazaar in 2005 and in addition to booking all of the magazine’s covers, she has produced some of the most revolutionary fashion features for the publication, including sending The Simpsons to Paris; introducing Oscar de la Renta to Oscar the Grouch; and recasting iconic Pedro Almodovar film scenes with fashion’s elite.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 1:40 PM

Wow they retooled the heck out of this show. The only original left is Isaac. I hope it works. Just please, no more conferencing in the hallway.

They also seemed to have gotten a more talented group of contestants.

Edited by Puds38, Oct 10, 2010 @ 12:44 AM.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 7:38 PM

I actually like the new setup of the show. Now its not like a carbon copy of Project Runway. I'm actually looking forward to it and very clever of them to schedule the season premier just days after the season finale of P.R. I guess they didn't want the competition of Project Runway but still wanted to strike while the iron was hot.

ags

ags

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2010 @ 7:16 PM

I like the new set up, although I think there is going to be a lot of angst if a one team is seen as overall weak but has a strong designer on it. Come to think of it, the first few challenges of season 1 of TFS was this format and then they it became every man (person) for himself.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2010 @ 8:14 PM

TLo has a screener and apparently they've gone full on camp and Iman is chewing them up and spitting them out. I can wait cause II adore Iman.