The Shark Tank: Can Dragons Swim?

• Please log in to reply

2857 replies to this topic

Winston9

Winston9

Video Archivist

Posted Today, 08:50 AM

If you think of it less as a pillow-fort-by-numbers and more as a life-size construction toy, there's a market. (Though having said that, I'm pretty sure similar thing exist.

We had Giant Tinker Toys in the 70s.  

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Today, 09:05 AM

alexmarsz- I think your pitch is way better than hers was, but I still don't think it is a great imaginative toy for kids. Those forts were all taller than the presenter was. I don't think 3-8 year olds have the ability to build 6 foot tall structures. It is going to require an adult put the fort together for the kid.  That's the beauty of a folding table or pillow cushion fort- it's kid sized, and they can lob all the pieces together.

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted Today, 09:23 AM

During the Zoobean pitch, did I hear right that Barbara's 7-year old daughter is adopted? It's just because I remembered a pitch a couple of years ago in which she mentioned she has a 5-year old daughter and I thought back then, how could she have a child that young when she seemed past her child-bearing years?

She and her husband had a son when she was 46 after eight years of in vitro treatments and adopted a daughter seven years ago. Barbara is 65.

basiltherat

basiltherat

Couch Potato

Posted Today, 10:52 AM

Lucky kids!  Barbara is a classy lady.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Today, 11:33 AM

Yeah, I agree with you guys, jcbrown, basiltherat, Kromm, et al. Plus, I must be oblivious: are there that many people out there who CARE that much about their lights? I just want to avoid tripping in the dark or I want there to be enough light so that I can read. 

The law now forces people to care.  

It's now illegal to manufacture incandescent light bulbs in the U.S.  Florescents are taking up a lot of the slack, but the LED market (for full size bulbs I mean) is hugely growing as a result too.

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Today, 12:31 PM

The law now forces people to care.

Yeah, you can't buy incandescent anymore, but you certainly don't have to hook your lights up to blue tooth and spend $100 a bulb!

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Today, 01:32 PM

I've gotten two large-ish boxes of free compact fluorescent light bulbs from my power company over the past few years. I will never have to buy bulbs again in my lifetime. I had so many, I gave half to my sister.

hoodooznoodooz

hoodooznoodooz

Couch Potato

Posted Today, 01:52 PM

Kromm, no, no. I understand. I am very eco-minded and am constantly turning lights off and unplugging appliances. I just meant, i dont care if the bulb is a smidge or even much too dim (if I am not trying to read) or too bright. And I certainly dont mind turning on a light myself when I enter a room.

Skittl1321: I embrace your reasoning.

Barbara is indeed a classy, inspiring lady. Lucky kids indeed.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz, Today, 01:56 PM.