Parks and Recreation

• Please log in to reply

11761 replies to this topic

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Nick Offerman makes a Ron Swanson bobblehead! Take notes, pay attention, this is a professional at work.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

That was great! I'm tempted to get one, but I try to resist buying STUFF. But I really want one. But I won't.

As far as the lineup goes, I DVR everything, so that's fine with me. I'm not sure how much of a bump The Office will give to P&R -- Is The Office doing good anymore?

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

ACOD is filming right down the street from me. It's too bad that I missed the extras deadline :( I guess it's better that way--I would lit-erally pass out if I met Amy Poehler.

I too wish that Community and Parks & Rec were coupled together, that way I could just zone out after the first hour.

Xbox Pancake

Xbox Pancake

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

Is The Office doing good anymore?

The ratings have been steadily falling this season, but it is still NBC's most-watched comedy.

Here's a higher quality version of the promo I posted earlier: Parks and Rec Returns!

lokipopgurl

lokipopgurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

New interview with Retta

TBMeow

TBMeow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

Amy Poehler is scheduled for Letterman April 24 and Rob Lowe April 25. His site has had a different date but I have more faith in Latenight page. Although it can change too. Rob Lowe hasn't been too sure when he's scheduled for the family history NBC show when asked on Twitter. It's now listed for that Friday.

Just good to see some of the cast out promoting the show. On a CBS talkshow but I'll take it.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

Our long national nightmare is over! The return of Parks & Rec! Indulge in some bacon and eggs, or maybe some waffles! (But maybe lay off the calzones)

pradawallflower

pradawallflower

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 7:09 AM

You guys, i am SO FREAKING excited. I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

Oh yeah, and it was funny, Aziz was on Bob's Burgers last week, and this week Megan Mullally voiced this creepy piano-playing singer who sang weird wailing songs with heavy-handed vagina metaphor. That was interesting.

I'M SO EXCITED I hope it's awesome as I remember. Except, of course it is. But still.

ETA: Who needs punctuation when they're excited? NOT ME!

Edited by pradawallflower, Apr 19, 2012 @ 7:10 AM.

Xbox Pancake

Xbox Pancake

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

Here's a preview for the rest of the season: The Race Is On!

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Nick Offerman, who I believe joined and then quit twitter during this "hiatus" had a great bit on Conan last night. Nick reads tweets.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

I hope Nick Offerman From Parks & Recreation Reads Tweets From Young Female Celebrities is going to be a regular thing. Love it.

Madmarsha

Madmarsha

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

I don't get 80 degrees day and night being an optimum temperature.

Xbox Pancake

Xbox Pancake

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:36 PM

So happy the show is back! A few random things I enjoyed:

- Tomís apartment being ridiculous, but not in an unrealistically exaggerated sort of way
- The continuing gag of Leslie having weird ideas about what being a nurse entails
- Ben being Michelle to Leslieís Barack
- Donna making up random facts about the various animals (the cat was in Boogie Nights!)
- Andy wanting to get the dogs to play poker (on the topic of dogs: not enough Champion!)

This wasnít the funniest episode ever, but I still loved it. It seemed like it was setting a lot of things in motion and I am anxious to see where it all leads. Iím especially curious about where they are going with Chris. I have some theories, but they are partially based on spoilers so Iíll keep them to myself. Iím also curious about what will happen with Ben, but I think weíll have to wait until *fingers crossed* next season to get an answer to that.

Next week's episode was written and directed by Amy Poehler Ė so excited!

It's just very hot (~70 degrees is generally considered room temperature) and therefore representative of how over-the-top Tom can be.

roosterboy

roosterboy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:55 PM

I thought it was because of a stereotype of women always complaining that it's too cold. That would fit with his apartment being very girlfriend-friendly.

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

"Whoa! This cow was in Boogie Nights?!"

Loved Bradley Whitford's character and his ship in the bottle obsession.

The way Tom says "puppppy" is great.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

I was very happy to see some red carpet in Tom's apartment. 80 degrees is too hot for me but those blankets looked exceedingly comfortable.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

A Pillner for Pawnee napkin!!!

TheOverdog

TheOverdog

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:46 AM

Glad this show is back. Didn't find this episode particulary funny, but that's ok because none of NBC's shows were funny tonight. Can't wait for the election to be over.

Only funny thing for me was that I spent half the episode thinking "This is an interesting way to make Louis CK an sympathetic character again and not Officer Dave anymore" until I realized it wasn't Louis CK, but rather the guy from the West Wing and the Good Guys. Huh.

Edited by TheOverdog, Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:47 AM.

Lois Sandborne

Lois Sandborne

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:52 AM

Yay, Parks is finally back!

Yay, debate next week!!

I loved the whole puppy/pets plot, but for whatever reason Tom saying "dander all up in this cashmere" is what tickled me the most about it. Aziz has really figured out how to be the best at delivering lines.

I liked the look into Leslie's campaign inadvertently screwing up everyone else's lives, and especially liked that they resolved most of the conflicts, but left Chris's up in the air.

April growing up and trying to do things like a grown up was wonderful. I also like that she wasn't tied to Andy this episode.

I would never want to live in Tom's apartment, but bless me if I wouldn't go there on vacation. An endless fig and cheese plate? Cozy blankets on every available surface? Come on, son. It's paradise.

Also, walk and talk! With Bradley Whitford! I have used up my allotment of exclamation points, but used them well!

Edited by Lois Sandborne, Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:01 AM.

pradawallflower

pradawallflower

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 5:17 AM

That made me laugh because the most recent episode of Modern Family had the kindof seedy old next-door neighbour always turning the thermostat up really high when the Meals-on-Wheels lady came by so she would take her sweater off and he could stare at her boobs, haha. I can kind of see Tom wanting to make the girls in his house wear less clothing.

80 degrees is too hot for me but those blankets looked exceedingly comfortable.

Although, I didn't really understand why they would want to put the blankets over them when it was so hot! And Leslie was wearing a trench coat! Ha ha ha.

It was really interesting that it seems like if Chris helped Leslie win her campaign, and put in even more work, he would get to keep his job. But then Ron was talking about how good it would be for Chris to not work for the government, and we saw Chris looking at Ann... and that's scary, cos I always assumed Chris would really want his job! But now it seems like there's something he might want more.

I'm really excited that Ben and Leslie seem confident enough about the debate to give Bobby Newport a whole week of pet-saving goodwill. And April being cute around animals is so awesome. "Animals should be rewarded for not being people. I hate people." [Weird warm smile]

I really enjoyed this episode. Not a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, but it was just so fun.

kennyab

kennyab

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:08 AM

I think that P&R's return affected my sleep, such that I had a dream with a mish-mash of NBC characters working on Leslie's campaign. Ellis from Smash vs Ryan from The Office, with Abed from Community coming in with one of his Dreamatorium personas to take down Ellis. And finally Tom getting everyone under control. It was like a really messed-up NBC Superbowl commercial inside my head.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:48 AM

So we open with Ann telling us that she's ready to declare her love for Tom? I must have missed the part where she seems to even like Tom! Their whole 'relationship' has completely lacked believability, interest and comedic value for me.

I also hate how Ann now acts like she was some sort of victim in her relationship with Chris, complaining about how she was 'forced' to do various things she wouldn't have wanted to. Way to take responsibility for your own behavior and role in the relationship, Ann! I guess it's realistic, though, that someone as bland and lacking in defined personality and interests as Ann would get swept along by stronger personalities like Chris, Leslie etc. and then belatedly resent it.

I really enjoyed this episode. Not a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, but it was just so fun.

ITA, but I actually feel this way about the vast majority of P&R episodes---for me, the show is fun, engaging, warm, insightful and often even poignant, but almost never all that funny.

Chris was the highlight of this episode for me, which has actually been the case for a quite a few episodes this season. I'm finding I miss Chris/Ben interactions, and hope we get more of them in upcoming episodes.

And as someone who agrees with the 'animals are better company than most people' sentiment, I was able to very happily suspend my usual dislike of April this episode!

Edited by MsTaken, Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:53 AM.

StumbleBum

StumbleBum

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:56 AM

So we open with Ann telling us that she's ready to declare her love for Tom?

Not for Tom... for Tom's Apartment.

tominboston

tominboston

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:58 AM

I loved the scene of Ben walking into April & Andy's kitchen and finding the place overrun with random cute animals. I can definitely see those two being the types who in a few years will become pet hoarders. And as an April fan from the start, I thought it was sweet that the animal adoption project finally got her interested in actually doing something at work. I also loved Ron meditating at the yoga center without realizing that was what he was doing.

The election plotline seemed kind of chaotic this week and I guess the writers are creating a lot of questions that will have to be answered in the next couple weeks. I want a happy ending to the campaign story but I also want everyone back in their normal jobs next season.

corgi-ears

corgi-ears

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:01 AM

So we open with Ann telling us that she's ready to declare her love for Tom? I must have missed the part where she seems to even like Tom!

You just missed the end of Ann's sentence (and also the joke), which was something like, "...my love for Tom's apartment."

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:04 AM

You just missed the end of Ann's sentence (and also the joke), which was something like, "...my love for Tom's apartment."

Hee---thanks! I did see her gushing about the chocolate-covered almonds, Sudoku books and other amenities, but I didn't get that it was only his apartment and not the man she was declaring her love for...I feel better now!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

Falling in love with Tom...'s apartment was great. I love all the four-star hotel touches. And I mean, come on -- A Sudoku book? Maybe Tom IS the man for me.

Love that Leslie has sneak-around clothes.

The way Tom says "puppppy" is great.

I know! I need to watch that again so I can do the same in my conversation. I think it was like, "puuuh-ppy."

I was very happy to see some red carpet in Tom's apartment.

Ah, I missed that. But how perfect.

Councilman Pilner was a great character. Multiple lapel pins was a good touch.

Leslie's solution to the growing budget problem was perfect. First, I love when she was coming up with the idea and told Ben and Ann to hush. "I have half an idea and Iím putting it together." You could see her mind working. Then later I really liked when Ben told the Kathryn Hahn character that she & Bobby could have this week. I'm soooo looking forward to the debate and the return of Paul Rudd.

I always enjoy Chris and Ron together, like when Chris says to Ron, "Wear your yoga pants."

ďIím not sure Iím interested in that. No, I am sure. I am not interested in that.Ē

I agree that this wasn't the funniest ep they've done, but it was enjoyable and a good setup to the rest of the season.

BTW, of course my DVR cut off the tag. Ron was sitting at his desk, Chris tried to talk to him, then April stuck her head in and told Chris that Ron was meditating. I think I basically know how it ended: Did Chris leave and then Ron smile at April and thank her?

namrog

namrog

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:04 AM

Did Chris leave and then Ron smile at April and thank her?

Yes, Chris left and Ron made a small gesture of thanks to April. I can't recall if it was a smile, a wink, or a nod, but it was something like that.

For some reason, it really made me laugh when Leslie and Ben were sitting on the couch and the camera panned over to show Champion sitting on the other end and he yawned.

Edited by namrog, Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:04 AM.

Brandi Maxxxx

Brandi Maxxxx

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

And April being cute around animals is so awesome. "Animals should be rewarded for not being people. I hate people." [Weird warm smile]

It's been rough waiting for P&R to come back, but that moment right there reminded me why I love April.

JanLevinsonScot

JanLevinsonScot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

I cracked up when they showed April petting a pet on the couch, while Andy was in the background petting a.... stuffed monkey.