Parks and Recreation

• Please log in to reply

11740 replies to this topic

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

That was a great interview. Terry really seems to like him and their conversation was both warm and funny. I loved it when they couldn't stop laughing. I'd never heard or seen Aziz in anything other than Parks & Rec (I'm in Australia) so it was great to hear him speak.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

Congrats to Parks for winning a Peabody Award!

Scroll down for Parks paragraph

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

Yay, for the Peabody Award!

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

I know the public knowledge of Philly Justice is approaching one month, as Paleyfest was March 6. If you had a twopper friend who claims to be a P&R fan, but admitted today that they just found out what PJ is... I mean, what's the appropriate response? Am I over-reacting, as it's not like it was mentioned during a show? I open the floor to comments.

BTW, I totes think that next season should have a scene where a clip from Philly Justice should be on a tv in the background of a scene.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

Another Aziz interview

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

If you had a twopper friend who claims to be a P&R fan, but admitted today that they just found out what PJ is... I mean, what's the appropriate response?

Show them the way! Poor thing.

I wonder if Abed will reference PJ on Community.

pradawallflower

pradawallflower

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Soooo, I might've just gone over to Wikipedia to look at Amy's page, and an awesome Parks fan has already updated her credits to include Philly Justice. Too awesome. Also, I watch this silly fun cartoon show called Bob's Burgers for easy laughs, and Aziz guest-voiced the role of a video-game enthusiast kid. He has a pretty noticeable inflection, he was fuuuunny.

Espy, have you not seen Get Him to the Greek or Funny People? I remember deciding Parks was probably worth a watch because Aziz was in it (then I 'discovered' Amy, and oh boy, do I feel stupid...).

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

Espy, have you not seen Get Him to the Greek or Funny People?

No, but I will now! I started watching Parks in season three because of Amy, and because I'd heard so much about this character Ron Swanson and I decided that I had to check him out for myself...

Xbox Pancake

Xbox Pancake

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Here's a promo clip that aired last night. The quality isn't that great, but it's better than nothing!

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

I know the public knowledge of Philly Justice is approaching one month, as Paleyfest was March 6. If you had a twopper friend who claims to be a P&R fan, but admitted today that they just found out what PJ is... I mean, what's the appropriate response? Am I over-reacting, as it's not like it was mentioned during a show? I open the floor to comments

I'm a Parks and Rec fan and didn't know what Philly Justice was until just recently. And no it's never been mentioned on the show and can never be since Leslie, Ann, and Ben have never met two of Philly Justice's castmembers until this season and in Hahn's case not until the last episode.

Setlist

Setlist

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:40 PM

If you had a twopper friend who claims to be a P&R fan, but admitted today that they just found out what PJ is... I mean, what's the appropriate response?

Show them the way! Poor thing.

Oh, I've been shown (hear that, ikar?). After learning about it, I spent about an hour and a half looking for more information - including the PaleyFest video. I'm really, really hoping someone films something - especially since they're all so invested in the joke. (If The Office could do it with Threat Level Midnight being a full-length after the episode featured about half of it, I think PJ would be an easy side project.) I'm looking at you, Paul Rudd.

Xbox Pancake

Xbox Pancake

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

I'm really, really hoping someone films something - especially since they're all so invested in the joke.

Hopefully someone who was actually at PaleyFest can confirm or deny this, but I heard that they filmed fake promos for Philly Justice as part of a blooper reel that was shown after the panel to the people in attendance. Sadly, I think it was said that they would not be included on the Season 4 DVD.

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

Hopefully someone who was actually at PaleyFest can confirm or deny this, but I heard that they filmed fake promos for Philly Justice as part of a blooper reel that was shown after the panel to the people in attendance. Sadly, I think it was said that they would not be included on the Season 4 DVD.

Yup, they did! The bloopers were really funny, because they put them together sorta like an episode -- they had an intro where this grumpy-looking old crew guy acted out all the bits that the actors usually do in the opening credits (You know, like Rashida jumping up and down -- the credits were exactly the same, except for the guy doing the actors, instead) and they used the promos as the "commercials."

But you're right, Xbox Pancake, they did say the blooper reel wouldn't be included with the season 4 dvd. I don't know why; there was a lot of swearing, but that's not unusual in a blooper real. Maybe they wanted something extra-special for the panel, since it was a last minute substitution and not a lot of the staff was there?

Nobody

Nobody

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

Wait, the blooper reel won't be on the DVD or the Philly Justice promos won't be on the DVD? I get that the PJ stuff would be omitted but blooper reels are pretty standard DVD extras these days so I would be surprised if that was left off.

Milburn Stone

Milburn Stone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

But [Rob Lowe] is in no way even close to a lead on this show, hell in terms of screentime he is just above Jim and Retta.

I mean it's what he always does, so it's not surprising but it has always annoyed me.

Rob Lowe for me is like Alec Baldwin in this way: Both give signs of having big egos in their private lives, but both have demonstrated so much acting prowess and range, giving so much pleasure in a truly wide variety of characterizations, that I find it easy to "compartmentalize" the less attractive aspects of their real-life personalities so that I still have good will towards them. I'm not saying Lowe's prodigious talent over the course of a long career makes me forgive his transgressions; I'm saying it makes me forget his transgressions.

Xbox Pancake

Xbox Pancake

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Wait, the blooper reel won't be on the DVD or the Philly Justice promos won't be on the DVD? I get that the PJ stuff would be omitted but blooper reels are pretty standard DVD extras these days so I would be surprised if that was left off.

I'm positive that there will be a blooper reel on this season's DVD (there simply has to be!). I think it just won't be this particular blooper reel.

Edited by Xbox Pancake, Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:50 AM.

Jporr0121

Jporr0121

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

For any fellow Chicago-ians who are also fans of Parks and Rec and Offerman in general (as well as Craig Robinson), Funny or Die is doing a "Chicago vs. Chicago" series (North/Cubs vs. South/Sox) with Offerman and Robinson representing their respective teams. It's pretty hilarious, especially if you're from the area.

Some of you have probably seen it, but if you haven't, follow the link!

Edited by Jporr0121, Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:21 PM.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

Squeeeeee! I'm watching SNL and they just ran a Parks and Rec promo. New episode on April 19th-- our long wait will soon be over.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

I'd be really disappointed if there was no blooper reel on the season four DVD set. But I think they know how popular it is, therefore I assume that there will be one, just not exactly the same from the Paley festival. Maybe it has to do with censorship? I remember ABC's Ugly Betty had a pretty funny wrap party gag reel that they showed at the wrap party and which eventually found its way online thanks to Michael Urie, but on the DVDs they had a much shorter gag reel without all the cursing, which was disappointing since the cursing was hilarious in the extended gag reel of that show.

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

I had an Aziz day Saturday. First I listened to his archived Fresh Air with Terry Gross, then I watched his on-demand concert special. The LiberryLord sent me the concert receipt, because it was so funny:

OH SHIITTTT!!!! Thanks for buying my new comedy special!!! THAT $5 IS MINE SON. Just kidding, but seriously it is. I worked hard to write, tour, and film the special though so it's cool right? Seriously, thank you for your support.

The interview was good, too. There was a serious bit where Terry brought up a fundraising concert he hosted for a Minnesota LGBT group. Aziz had contacted the group after he heard about the epidemic of bullying and suicides in a Minnesota school district. When I was listening to Aziz talk about what was happening there, I was surprised to hear him do that pause people do when they're getting choked up. I know Aziz isn't Tom Haverford, but it's easy to forget that, y'know? It was a touching moment in the interview.

pradawallflower

pradawallflower

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

Here's a promo clip that aired last night. The quality isn't that great, but it's better than nothing!

That is AWESOME! I love that they're using Chris as a spin doctor! That's ingenious.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

Some quick links. Just one more week til the return of P&R!

Aziz mows Central Park -with video!

What Nick Offerman would hypothetically construct for P&R crew members. Damn, if we could bid on having Nick make furniture for the rest of us!

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

OH SHIITTTT!!!! Thanks for buying my new comedy special!!! THAT $5 IS MINE SON. Just kidding, but seriously it is. I worked hard to write, tour, and film the special though so it's cool right? Seriously, thank you for your support.

And when you enter your email address, it says "We promise we won't be dicks" (meaning they won't spam you)' and when you have to re-enter it, it says "Don't fuck up." I thought the special was better than the first one - Harris's college essay? I really need to meet this kid.

I listened to the NRP interview too, and I was moved by how affected he was by that bullying. He seems like a really good guy.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

I imagine due to his race and small size he was bullied a lot while growing up.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:39 PM.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

In the Fresh Air interview, he claims otherwise. He says he was teased a little, but that it wasn't a big deal and that he really didn't deal with intense racism at school. I was surprised. He explicitly compares the mildness of what he experienced with the extreme conditions for LGBT kids in the schools, who were having a rash of suicides with tacit endorsement by the school admin. He was shocked and horrified. I like seeing him be serious and step out of the comedic persona to express this. I think that sometimes things are so painful that it's tempting to not even discuss them, but he took the time to air this and do something to show support, and I really respect him for that.

lawgiver

lawgiver

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

Nick Offerman spoke at The University of Florida last night as a guest speaker. I missed it! I am so bummed! I'm not a student, so I wasn't aware that he was in town. Here's an article about the speech.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:31 AM

When the show comes back, what is the Thursday night lineup going to be?

theraven99

theraven99

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Starting April 19th, the lineup will be:

8:00 Community
8:30 30 Rock
9:00 The Office
9:30 Parks and Recreation

Nobody

Nobody

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

Starting April 19th, the lineup will be:

8:00 Community
8:30 30 Rock
9:00 The Office
9:30 Parks and Recreation

Though I don't enjoy The Office anymore (but still watch it out of loyalty) and no longer watch 30 Rock, that is a beautiful lineup.

hayds

hayds

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

I'm not happy with this order. While I watch 30 Rock and The Office (probably more out of loyalty nowadays- especially my once-favorite show The Office), they don't make me anticipate Thursdays the way that Community and Parks and Rec do. I loved the Community/Parks and Rec pairing because it was one hour of pure fresh comedy. By 9:30, my interest lags a bit anyway (which may be why I never got terribly interested in Up All Night), so I'm worried that this will affect my opinion of the new Parks and Rec episodes. I don't like to wait until the next day to watch it, though.

I get why they placed Parks and Rec after The Office (they want to give it a ratings boost), I'm just not personally happy about the order.

Edited by hayds, Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:13 AM.