Southland

• Please log in to reply

5753 replies to this topic

kharley

kharley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Was that stop where Lydia grabbed El Rey and Puppet initiated by patrol units, or the gang unit?

Patrol units. They caught the gang tagging the building in the background of that scene.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

Wait, is Sammy alive?? That was brutal! I was in a car accident some years ago so that last scene shook me up. My hands started shaking and everything. This darn show.

That was pretty ballsy of Ronny to shoot at Sammy and Ben like that.

This scene also hit close to home for me. I'm from PR and we had a similar incident a few days ago where shooters went after two homicide detectives in the middle of the day on a highway. Thankfully everyone survived and no innocents were harmed. It's a scary scary world. Southland captures that reality too well.

Tang infuriates me. She didn't have to lie but I hate the way she keeps justifying her actions after the shooting. I can't with her right now.

Lydia's beatdown was brutal. Yikes.

Seriously. I almost couldn't watch. That broken "Please" was heartbreaking. Oh my. Again, this darn show. So good.

Edited by Mia Nina, Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:14 AM.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

That is some damn quick turnaround of information. How did they know to hold them for Lydia? Is there a central computer deal where someone can ask for a "hold" or at least a shout out?

Did Ben understandably mess up by not declaring an officer down after the accident?

Cat must have had Lydia's tongue in this ep. She does not shout during the knife fight, she says nothing when her partner is calling for her. Then, she discovers she was sliced open and just sits in the exam room. Huh?

Can't wait to see Ferguson next week!

FriedButter

FriedButter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:25 AM

So much for the pimp not coming back. That ending was wild. Would they kill off Sammy?

Thank god Lydia has finally come to her senses about the baby. Looks like it might be too late though.

WTH was that segment with Dewey? That was just bizarre.

SweetRevenge

SweetRevenge

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

Did Ben understandably mess up by not declaring an officer down after the accident?

I think Ben behaved like he was in shock and his inexperience and emotional state caused this blunder.

Would they kill off Sammy?

I highly doubt it.

HalfDutch

HalfDutch

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:08 AM

Since I'm not a fan of Sammy's, I half-heartedly thought, "Damn, wish the pimp had shot him." And then the other car hit them and I had such a visceral reaction to it. The way you didn't see who'd been hurt, and then you hear Ben's shaken voice and not Sammy's... okay, now, I feel bad for wishing harm to Sammy. (Although I wouldn't miss him, tbh.)

And yeah, wtf with that Dewey scene?! Am I alone in thinking that these random oddball scenes are just too random this season. I guess the golf ball guy helps lighten the mood and relaxed us for that bam pow of the ending but still, kind of a (hate to pun) cheap shot.

And Lydia is two hours late for her doctor's appointment, is told she can't be seen and then walks right in after all? I guess namedropping the LAPD is carte blanche. But why not just take a ride in an ambulance to the ER since she'd just been assaulted? And since she was visibly bleeding? Didn't anyone check her out at the scene? ARGH! This baby storyline is such crap. They can't even write it realistically. Also, her breasts would be huge by now, right? She couldn't be wearing those formfitting tops and would be busting out of her bra. For a show this grounded in realism, c'mon.

Edited by HalfDutch, Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:49 AM.

snowprince

snowprince

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:44 AM

Procedure question....if there is a new gang forming, wouldn't the gang unit be involved in the murder investigation? Wouldn't Lydia's first or second move be to contact the gang unit for intel?

No. The shooter was from an already known tagging crew (KBD) who decided to promote themselves to gang status. Gang detail wouldn't be able to tell em much more than they already knew.

Wouldn't uniforms have taken the lead in entering the shack where the assailant was? It seemed odd to me to see two of them standing back near the sidewalk as Lydia entered.

Normally, yes. However Lydia/Ruben went to a side/back door and made entry there. The uni's stayed in position to be a blocking force in case their entry flushed anyone out of the house, as it did. The uni's went after the runner, there was NO REASON for Ruben to join them. The house still had to be cleared.

So, Kevlar repels a knife attack then? I suppose it makes sense.

Actually, it doesn't. Looking at the holes in Lydia's vest, all but 1 of the ice pick strikes caught her in the trauma plate. That's an extra metal plate that fits in a front pocket of the vest to provide more protection to the heart and other vital organs. Had the pick struck elswhere, the kevlar wouldn't have stopped it.

That is some damn quick turnaround of information. How did they know to hold them for Lydia? Is there a central computer deal where someone can ask for a "hold" or at least a shout out?

An "all hands/units" message via MDT can put the word out fairly quickly.

Ben broadcast they'd been involved in a T/C and requested an R/A multiple times. Officer down is pretty much a given.

Tang was in "band 2" on the Sgt promotion list. IRL what that means is as Sgt openings come up, everybody in band 1 would be promoted ahead of her, as would anyone ranked higher than her in band 2. The promo list is good for a year, and it is possible to "die on the list" (as I did). I guess band 1 was quite literally a "one man band".....(nyuk nyuk).

If you're taking fire from another car and decide to evade at high speed, how about this: you're in a code 3 equipped black and white, why not TURN ON THE LIGHTS/SIREN to try and warn the other traffic out of your way?! Maybe, just maybe they wouldn't have got torpedoed in the street like that. It would also be helpful to responding units in pinpointing your location/direction of travel.

Coop played it straight with FID and told them what he saw. No more, no less. Tang didn't. I can't hold with that.

Line of the night for me: "How bout I go to your place and shit on your pillow? Would that be OK since it's bio-degradable?"

Edited by snowprince, Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:06 AM.

rebasue

rebasue

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:08 AM

I don't want Sammy to be killed and I don't want Sherman carrying more guilt!

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:17 AM

That car wreck was way to realistic and scary. Please don't let Sammy be dead. I think Ben might kill himself if Sammy dies.

But he's for damn sure gonna go after the pimp if Sammy dies.

Great episode! So much tension

SweetRevenge

SweetRevenge

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:34 AM

Thanks, Snowprince, for explaining those things.

That car wreck was way to realistic and scary. Please don't let Sammy be dead. I think Ben might kill himself if Sammy dies.

Yikes! This sounds like a Shakespeare play. I think that would be horrible if Sammy died and then Ben killed himself. The cast would be cut in half just like that. I don't think the writers would do that to us though.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 7:08 AM

Though the car accident scene did jar me, I guess I didn't like it because I've seen it so many times on other TV shows, "Supernatural" for one. But it did make me jump.

Lydia's beatdown was brutal, but in some strange way, I kind of appreciated it. Sometimes I feel that Lydia is trying to be the archetype of the "strong black woman." That is an archetype that, as a black woman, I can't stand because the other side of it is that we're not supposed to want to be taken care of, be rescued. She would have been killed had her partner not come in. And then she tells him she's pregnant, finally. He's suspected but she's never said it to anybody on the job. I don't know what's going to happen if she loses the baby, but I also don't know what will happen if she has the baby.

As for the father being married, I think it was just to show that Lydia's not perfect, that she does have flaws.

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 7:10 AM

I don't know about y'all, but after kicking him off my partner, I would have emptied out my weapon if I were Ruben. I guess that's why I don't much respect Ruben.

You don't respect him because he didn't murder someone he had already taken down suspect just because he attacks his partner? That's not how the law should work, IMO. He would be no better than the thug if he did that. One good kick and the guy was done. No need for extra violence.

I hate that they had Reuben run away from the house just to have Lydia be alone though. That was really contrived. The back up could ran after the runner.

I don't hate any of these characters so I wouldn't be happy or not miss any of the characters if they were to die or leave. I also would not be happy with Lydia losing her baby. The story line honestly doesn't bother me. It makes perfect sense that Lydia is conflicted over her career vs having a child. Yes, she can have a child and her career but having a child often changes your perspective on things. I could also see her not wanting to be a detective due to fear of something like this weeks event happening.

I don't think they would have Ben kill himself if Sammy dies. I could see him going off the deep end for revenge or quitting the force though.

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 8:18 AM

If you're taking fire from another car and decide to evade at high speed, how about this: you're in a code 3 equipped black and white, why not TURN ON THE LIGHTS/SIREN to try and warn the other traffic out of your way?! Maybe, just maybe they wouldn't have got torpedoed in the street like that. It would also be helpful to responding units in pinpointing your location/direction of travel.

THANK YOU!! Of course I realize things happen and they're just trying to not get shot, but it seems it would be second nature to turn on the lights & siren.

GG63

GG63

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

Won't be able to see the episode until tonight as I'm in Canada. However, I will comment on this part. We've actually had a couple of court cases with our local police department sued for exactly this reason. One really high profile case involved a cruiser hitting a older local businessman and he died. The police had no sirens or lights on. The case ended up being settled out of court.

Coop played it straight with FID and told them what he saw.

Starting laughing when I began reading this sentence and then realized I had to re-read it when I got to the end. Saw "FID" and didn't think of what it corresponded to in police terms but in slang terms. I was trying to figure out who the FID was and then realized it was a department and not a person.

johnny larue

johnny larue

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

The FID board didn't seem to press Tang and Cooper much. I bet the kid's lawyer won't be so gentle when it comes time for the depo's.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

You don't respect him because he didn't murder someone he had already taken down suspect just because he attacks his partner? That's not how the law should work, IMO. He would be no better than the thug if he did that. One good kick and the guy was done. No need for extra violence.

If you choose to use deadly force on a police officer, you are dead to me. In the heat of the moment, I am going to make GD sure that you are not gonna ever be able to harm my partner, or myself. That means I am going to shoot your ass. I have no time to evaluate the capability of the piece of crap to come back with more deadly force. I am going to make reeeeal sure no more harm comes to my partner, who may already be fatally wounded.

If he survives, that worthless human being would then be given a capital murder trial and would cost the city millions. Not on my watch.

The scene was ridiculous. One kick and the guy gave up the fight? That guy?? Ruben already tragically failed to protect his partner when he took off to support the uniforms. I say he did it again by risking further injury from an entirely cunning and willing thug.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

So much for the pimp not coming back. That ending was wild. Would they kill off Sammy?

I couldn't be that lucky.

snowprince, with a shooter right on your tail in chase down a street with bystanders, would a sudden stop to crash his car and likely get the weapon out of his hand be an option?

I very much appreciated that the KBD taggers weren't painting giant aborted fetuses on the walls or running a baby-selling ring. The only impact this case had on Lydia's pregnancy was literal, not symbolic.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

But why not just take a ride in an ambulance to the ER since she'd just been assaulted? And since she was visibly bleeding? Didn't anyone check her out at the scene?

Lydia probably refused treatment at the scene so she wouldn't have to tell the EMTs she was pregnant (and risk someone overhearing). She didn't realize she was bleeding until the women at the doctor's office pointed it out to her.

Line of the night for me: "How bout I go to your place and shit on your pillow? Would that be OK since it's bio-degradable?"

I LOVED how Cooper called that guy on his bullshit. I also loved his "This is a really nice house" after the rough-sex call. Marry me, Michael Cudlitz.

I think Ruben didn't shoot the guy beating up Lydia for fear of accidentally hitting Lydia. It looked like a straight shot, but one wrong move from them and Lydia takes a bullet. Plus, the guy could have fallen on the knife and stabbed Lydia anyway. In my mind, getting the guy off Lydia was the right thing to do.

Edited by dubbel zout, Mar 14, 2012 @ 10:10 AM.

miniapple

miniapple

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

snowprince why not TURN ON THE LIGHTS/SIREN to try and warn the other traffic out of your way?!

This is exactly what the hubs and I were asking. I was sort of hoping there was a reason for it other than outright stupidity or high stress. That was a horrific crash, and as soon as I got rid of the flashback in my head from The O.C. (brain bleach, please), I was pretty distraught. I don't think Sammy is a goner, but I found myself thinking back to "What Makes Sammy Run" and the things that made me love Sammy in the first place.

As soon as I saw that guy drop the banana peel, I totally called that he would say something about it being organic/biodegradable. I knew there was a reason that it wasn't just normal trash. There are plenty of people like that out there, and this show really seems to enjoy nailing the hipster/d-bag type. "It's biodegradable...Why aren't you out there catching real criminals?...I'm not the bad guy here."

I was wondering why the guy was trying to stab Lydia through her vest, even though it's penetrable. If he wanted her dead, just stab her in the neck, right? Reuben kicking him in the head was pretty badass, though he also loses major points for leaving her alone in the first place. So I guess it's a wash. He's back to zero with me. The women in the doctor's office pointing at Lydia and her "pomegranate juice" stain gave me eyerolls. Really? First of all, pomegranate juice? Wha? It looked like it could just as easily have been water, especially since it's probably amniotic fluid. Secondly, she was sitting for 5 seconds when they started whispering about her. So rude.

I don't think they would have Ben kill himself if Sammy dies. I could see him going off the deep end for revenge or quitting the force though.

Gah! More O.C. flashbacks! Maybe he would take up cage fighting too. (No sarcasm meant for the OP, just for the show.)

Edited by miniapple, Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:21 PM.

snowprince

snowprince

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

If he survives, that worthless human being would then be given a capital murder trial and would cost the city millions. Not on my watch.

Unfortunately......that's your job. That's what you signed on for when you raised your right hand and said "so help me God". Our mission is to catch em, it's up to the courts to clean em and fry em. That's the system, as flawed as it is, you signed on to work within. If it so offends your sensibilities to do that, if you can't control yourself enough to remember that, turn in your badge. I've been there, I know what it takes, I know how tempting it is to cross that line. And I know how VERY hard it is not to become the very thing you're supposed to be fighting sometimes.

The Penal code empowers us to use force for 3 reasons. Make an arrest, prevent an escape and overcome resistance. That's it. He keeps fighting after I kick the hell out of him to get him off Lydia and try to cuff him, he's still got the ice pick, that's resistance I might have to use deadly force to overcome. Absent that, no.

And how many millions of dollars are YOU going to cost the city to defend you in the federal civil rights trial, the state voluntary manslaughter under color of authority trial, and wrongful death civil suit?

1 of the distasteful things you have to remember and accept when you put the badge on is, vengeance (justice) is NOT yours.......it's the states.

with a shooter right on your tail in chase down a street with bystanders, would a sudden stop to crash his car and likely get the weapon out of his hand be an option?

Sure it's an option, but there is still no assurance he'll drop the gun and you deliberately whiplash yourself to boot. Don't think I would have done that.

Edited by snowprince, Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:55 PM.

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

Yeah, the word ricochet comes to mind in the "Why didn't Ruben shoot the guy dead?" I am so glad they had Ruben entirely keep his head in that scene after sprinting directly away from his partner. I thought Lydia's near-silence was a nice touch of realism. She was using all her strength to try and keep the guy from stabbing her. Screaming your head off actually takes a ton of energy and aerobic capacity that she needed for other things, like trying to prevent the guy from perforating her.

I very much appreciated that the KBD taggers weren't painting giant aborted fetuses on the walls or running a baby-selling ring. The only impact this case had on Lydia's pregnancy was literal, not symbolic.

Not only that, but they attempted some subtlety and nearly allowed the audience to figure something out for themselves! Rather than having the dialogue underline that Puppet was little better than a kid, they simply had him concerned with things like having the whole set from some kind of happy meal toy. We were left to imagine that he might have had a different sort of life rather than being told to do so. It was refreshing.

Then because they were doing so well, they did have to blow it ever-so-slightly by having Ruben -- who knows damned well that Lydia is actually pregnant -- suggest she take off after a suspect again, after receiving a beating severe enough that she would have needed to take it easy for a bit, even if she wasn't pregnant (and Ruben knew it). That was ludicrous, even a traditionalist like Ruben would be insisting that his partner get checked out by an EMT at a hospital after sustaining that kind of beating...even if his partner was male. That was a royal ass-kicking and Ruben's lines existed solely so that Lydia could finally just say, "I'm pregnant."

However, still miles better than they have been doing, so I'll take it.

I assume Sammy is going to be okay, but was a little freaked out because Sammy and Ben had been discussing concussions just a bit before. I'm glad the story went out of its way to make me like Sammy again before Hulk!Smashing him. Jeez, way to make me like the guy again with "I've been there, I've crossed the line" honesty and win back my respect for the character, only to scare the hell out of me at the end. I know the car plowing into a disabled vehicle has been done a lot, but I never saw that coming and jumped a good six inches with surprise. One of the things in war movies that always really wrenches the hell out of me is that moment when the dust settles and then the broken cry of "Medic!" is heard before you see anything. Everyone has a device that works on them in drama and that one never fails to make me start crying. Ben's voice calling for assistance was like that for me, because even before they cut to the interior of the car, you could tell that Sammy was going to be in really bad shape. McKenzie did good work with that, his voice wasn't right. It wasn't breaking and hysterical, but you could tell he wasn't just rattled by the collision, he was looking at something that terrified him at a core level. The concept that he may have gotten his partner killed

It was a bit like Ben swapped places with Cooper at the end of last season. Having to confront that his actions had put his partner in harm's way...only with far more disastrous results this time.

Arjumand

Arjumand

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

The scene was ridiculous. One kick and the guy gave up the fight? That guy?? Ruben already tragically failed to protect his partner when he took off to support the uniforms. I say he did it again by risking further injury from an entirely cunning and willing thug.

Also, I think I've seen this scene's equivalent on many other cop shows or movies, involving two male cops, and the Ruben equivalent would say something like : "I'm going out to talk to the uniforms, and our tattooed friend here is going to fall down and hurt his head. A lot. Just yell for me when he's done hurting himself."

But noooo, Ruben can't do that. He's probably going to pray for him. Maybe Ruben should pray for his own ass, if the captain asks how come Lydia was on her own long enough to be attacked and almost killed.

The only impact this case had on Lydia's pregnancy was literal, not symbolic.

Oh, no, you missed the dead banger's girlfriend, who was pregnant! Lydia even put herself on the same eye-level to try and persuade her through the power of the WOMB. I don't know what I found more insulting to women, treating a pregnant woman like a child (the whole crouch down so you don't loom, like that tough chick felt intimidated by Lydia, lol), or talking to her about other women who will mourn, when her boyfriend's body isn't even cold yet.

Man, this whole Lydia thing is stinking up the show. I don't know what I hate most, that they racked their brains to come up with a storyline for a strong, independent, single woman and all they could come up with was baby-incubator, or the horrible, heavy-handed way they've been developing it.

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

talking to her about other women who will mourn, when her boyfriend's body isn't even cold yet.

Special cringe points that the banger's girlfriend would not be persuaded because now her baby would grow up without a father. I really could have lived without the "It's all about Parenthood!" in that moment, but was willing to cut some slack when the women who followed Lydia to the car...who evidently felt the call of the Grieving Sisterhood, pointedly told Lydia to never come back. That one touch made me forgive the Sisterhood of the Traveling Uteri aspects of the "Mother-to-mother, we are all bound in gender!" tactics Lydia tried.

I very much felt that the second woman was saying, "Don't come back unless you want your ass kicked, that was some see-through manipulation."

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

I didn't see the scene with Lydia and the pregnant girlfriend as Lydia being any more manipulative than usual. Manipulation is part of her toolbox as a detective. And as for crouching down, I didn't see that as infantilizing the girlfriend as trying to make more of a connection. Also, she was right that there are women and kids on the other side who would lose a husband/father. She was trying to get the girlfriend to remember that grief goes both ways. Though I do think it might have been more effective to say that revenge killings beget revenge killings, and once started, where does it end? With a bunch of unhappy people left behind.

Buying the guy a Happy Meal wasn't out of the kindness of her heart, and neither was the pledge she made not to arrest him. That was some prime manipulation, too.

DonnaJ

DonnaJ

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:35 PM

The women in the doctor's office pointing at Lydia and her "pomegranate juice" stain gave me eyerolls. Really? First of all, pomegranate juice? Wha? It looked like it could just as easily have been water, especially since it's probably amniotic fluid.

It was blood, since her skin was pricked by the knife through the vest. The knife didn't pierce her uterus. However, seeing that tiny cut and blood freaked her out. Lydia realizing that the knife could have gone through and killed her baby.

Lucy Lui's character becoming a Sergeant might be how they are writing her out of the show. She gets a transfer to another precinct.

ShellsandCheese

ShellsandCheese

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

I think she is going to get fired. Remember Coops words to Ben in the first episode: "do not lie". She should have been honest from the start.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

Unfortunately......that's your job.

Well, my friend, that is why I could never accept the job. I would refuse to be held to an unsustainable standard. I can put up with a hell of a lot. But, if you use deadly force against me or my colleagues, it's over. I don't know how y'all do it. Many of y'all can't and we see it manifested in so many tragic ways. It's a shame.

On a lighter front...Who would watch Dr. Coop? Is this guy not the best conflict resolution dude evah? He makes Dr. Phil look like Lucy Van Pelt.

SuzN

SuzN

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

My favorite shows (Southland and Justified) are absolutely breaking my heart this season. If we lose another character, Sammy, I will be devastated - and the trajectory of the others is so sad.

I have not minded the pregnancy storyline for Lydia, however it has been handled in a very heavy-handed way. The only way to redeem it is for her to stop avoiding what it means for her career to decide to have a baby. It has been played as though she has not made a decision to go ahead with the pregnancy, but only gone along with it. It could be interesting to see how Lydia faces the delicate balance of motherhood with a very demanding and, at all times, potentially dangerous career. I realize she would be at a desk for rest of the pregnancy, but that's a limited condition. Then what?

I was more than a little surprised at how much I liked Lucy Lui as Tang and I'm massively disappointed that she's lied about the shooting. It spoiled the great team of Cooper and Tang - I loved them together. Now he's lost respect for her and she knows that - the easy partner dance is now out of step.

Even if Sammy survives, Ben is off the rails and I don't know if he can get back.

I can only hope that the season leaves us with some.

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

I will not get mad at Reuben (the character) for running away from the house because that was pure plot contrivance. They had to get Reuben away from the house so Lydia could be in harms way. There are other ways they could have accomplished that but there you go. Also, Lydia shouldn't have proceeded inside with all her back up going in the other direction.

I fully understand anyone wanting to use force on that thug trying to kill Lydia but I feel like if you can't keep your wits about you and proceed in the best possible way, then they don't belong on the force. I'm not even sure if Reuben could see what the guy had in his hand. It could have been a gun for all he knew. Getting the thug the hell off of Lydia was the most important thing IMO. Reuben kept his head and appreciate that. I can't find fault with him doing his job properly (that part of the job). I know he should have stayed with Lydia in the first place. Plot contrivance!

I want to stick up for Sammy for a minute though. It's something i've been thinking about all day. I've heard many people judging Sammy in regards to him and Ben. Basically, that he has no right to judge Ben so harshly and that he has crossed the line too. But, the thing is, this is why he should be the one giving Ben advice. He has been there and he pulled himself back. Sammy has a lot more experience on the job and knows full well what Ben is feeling (in regards to the pimp). Maybe he should have gotten over things quicker with the drugs incident but Ben had no reason to personally not trust his partners word. Sammy has always been upfront with him on his plans. So, that had to have been a hard thing to swallow.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

Oh Sammy is 100% in the right about Ben's dealings with the Family That Hooks Together, and his advice is coming from a place of experience. I'm just sick to death of his immature frat-ish leering and even more immature petulance, and that distaste has not been miraculously undone by the episode and a half this season in which he's acted like an adult.