New Zealand's Next Top Model

• Please log in to reply

633 replies to this topic

My Wurst Fierce

My Wurst Fierce

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2009 @ 1:57 PM

New Zealand's Next Top Model is searching for the girl who will win the chance to launch herself into the world of professional modelling. TV3 has just completed nationwide model search to find the 13 girls who will get the chance to live out this once-in-a-lifetime experience!

The finalists will be taking part in high-fashion photo shoots and catwalk challenges, while all living together in the Top Model house. There'll be tears, tantrums, bonding and backstabbing - but one thing is for sure, only one of them can take out the title of New Zealand's Next Top Model! - Season Premiere, Friday March 13, 7.30pm

From the TV3 website

Did anyone catch this? I thought the season premiere was superb, and probably my favorite casting episode from any version, ever. I couldn't be more impressed with the production values and the location was just out-of-this-world gorgeous. The Queenstown tourism board must be thrilled because seriously, I want to go to there! Now!

As for the girls: I think they're of a very high standard overall. Not a big fan of Olivia and Lucy (the sisters), Sarah (epileptic crackwhore) or Teryl-Leigh (miserable mother of two) but that's mainly down to my strong preference for Charmaine, Frankie, and the Maori girl with the massive knockers. I can't believe they couldn't find place for them in the cast. Wow.

Can't wait for next week...

GoGoMasha

GoGoMasha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2009 @ 2:30 PM

I did manage to see it online. Kudos to the Kiwis for doing a very credible job the first time out. Beautiful girls (for the most part), non-annoying host and judges, and stunning locales? Good times!

The girls were refreshingly natural, and a good deal of them had some genuine modeling potential. I like most of the picks for the final thirteen, but I don't think Ruby or Olivia should have made it in. Neither of them looked very modelesque. Ajoh has a gorgeous body, but girl has some serious butter face going on. I wanted Tori "The Rack" to make it through for obvious reasons. I'm glad that Frankie didn't make it through though, her blond fro scared the shit out of me. You can tell that the producers were not above casting some drama "filler" (Sarah, Teryl-Leigh, etc...) over more legitimate candidates (like Jade)

After one episode, I'm liking Victoria, Christobelle, Laura and Rhiannon the most.

And NZNTM just proves what a colossal joke ANTM is. If a country as small as New Zealand can find quality girls, you'd think McRibs could find some in a country with almost 300 million more people.

Edited by GoGoMasha, Mar 15, 2009 @ 2:32 PM.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2009 @ 9:49 PM

I'm not above admitting that I'm glad to have a fifth country's NTM to watch. Considering the potential of the girls and the focus on realistic modeling, NZNTM seems like it is going to be the best one after Australia's Next Top Model, even though it seems as though they are trying to imitate America's Next Top Model's format just a bit.

My favorites are Lucy (but not Olivia!), Christobelle and Victoria. I definitely would have cast other girls over Ruby, Sarah and Teryl-Leigh. I also feel like I'm going to tire of Rebecca Rose, for some reason, although she takes great photos.

Karriberry898

Karriberry898

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2009 @ 11:38 PM

There's actually something about Ruby's face that I find quite appealing. I was absolutely appalled that Charmaine didn't make it over some of those others--that was ridiculous. The sister act with Lucy and Olivia is already annoying me.

Frankie was...intriguing. But she definitely did have a Frankenstein thing going on with that huge square forehead.

travelerkaty

travelerkaty

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 16, 2009 @ 7:48 AM

I definitely would have cast other girls over Ruby, Sarah and Teryl-Leigh.

I would agree with this. I think both Ruby and Teryl-Leigh were picked strictly for their faces, and not because of any modeling ability or body. Teryl-Leigh is such a debbie downer that I hope she's gone soon - really, do you want to reward an attitude and personality like that? She may not have gotten in if she hadn't decided to develop a feud with Hosanna. Sarah I can't even remember (indeed, several of the ones they picked for hte final I had no recollection of), so I can't really speak to her quality or lack thereof.

JohannaEG

JohannaEG

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2009 @ 8:26 AM

I'm hoping that as the season progresses I don't have this problem, but I found so many of the girls to have very similar looks and I had problems telling them apart and picking early favorites.

And I'm glad that Tyra's not the only one casting sob stories. Epileptic morphine addict mom? Doesn't get much better than that.

Le Furonda

Le Furonda

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 6:31 PM

Damn, these bitches are bringing it. Christobelle and Ajoh are stunning. Rebecca Rose, Victoria, Rhiannon, and the fiercer sister (can't remember which one) are pure model material. I actually think Teryl-Leigh has the most stunning face out there, and she isn't chubby -- chubby in fashion terms -- like Ruby. I just wish that Charmaine and Tori had made it in over the less fierce sister, Sarah, or Ruby.

I find Hosanna unattractive in a chipmunk way and she's the love-to-hate-girl.

Frankie was hard to look at. You can dump an afro on any girl, but good faces are hard to miss.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 8:54 PM

I was rooting for Frankie to make the cut, but I think I wanted her to stick around only to see what an afro-ed Peter Boyle would have been like as a model.

SoNiceToWear

SoNiceToWear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2009 @ 2:53 AM

To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything great but it sure did prove me wrong. The contestants have actual potential, the photoshoot was good, the prizes seem like something that is worth winning and the judges make sence (although I didn't like their photos in the house, but at least it's only one of each).

So far the only girls I don't like are Ruby - her face is nice, but she is too big for modeling (but who the hell does she look like? I spent the entire episode trying to figure it out), and Olivia - she should be lucky she has a fierce sister who got her into this competition.

Looking forward to the bitchy Ajoh next week.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2009 @ 9:53 AM

Tiffany was one of my top picks (that face!), but I understand the judges' reasoning; she really stuffed up the shoot and the attitude probably wasn't going to fly. With 12 other girls ranging from decent to awesome, it's to be expected that some eliminations are gonna suck. That said, I do respect her standing up for herself... there is something a little gross about telling a 17-year-old girl she was working something like a pole.

My favorite at the moment is Rhiannon; I am completely infatuated by her. Everything from the way she stands to her modesty, her face and long hippy hair. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that she could be C6 Brooke's younger sister (and I find Brooke to be the most stunning woman I've ever seen), but I'm really hoping she takes it far. Her photo was awesome, too.

Still loving Rebecca Rose, Ajoh, Christobelle. I think Hosanna could turn it around (she has a very distinct face), and Ruby and Teryl-Leigh have great faces and could go far if they're able to do some quick work of toning their bodies.

With makeovers, I see something in Laura and Lucy. Laura's a little too plain-jane with the blonde, but I like her face, while Lucy needs to lose the fringe; she looks like a cute, round-faced fashionista with the fringe, but every time I've seen it off her face, I see a model. Hopefully they don't drop the ball on these makeovers.

Otherwise, I only have beef with two of the girls; Victoria does have a nice face, but she looks a little old and her photo proved it. That shit was straight out of a Sears catalogue. And I am increasingly troubled by the fact that Olivia doesn't have a neck. Seriously.

My Wurst Fierce

My Wurst Fierce

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2009 @ 3:03 PM

So far the only girls I don't like are Ruby - her face is nice, but she is too big for modeling (but who the hell does she look like? I spent the entire episode trying to figure it out)

My girlfriend reckons she looks like a fuller-faced Katie Holmes when she smiles. When I look at her that's who I see.

My Friend Goo

My Friend Goo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2009 @ 4:39 PM

Christobelle is at the top of my list and will probably stay there for a long time, barring any personality malfunctions. She has such a great look and I can honestly see her doing well overseas, in NY or Europe.

Perhaps the quality of her may not have been the best, but Rhiannon really was giving me Hilary Rhoda vibes. Definitely a model in the making.

There's something about Laura that I really like. I've loved both her pics, so I'm convinced that there is talent. Like many models, the proper styling can make her go from average pretty to stunningly high fashion.

However, I can't shake the thought that Olivia looks a lot like freaking Whitney from ANTM. And her head is sitting on her shoulders. Talk about no neck monster.

there is something a little gross about telling a 17-year-old girl she was working something like a pole.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I think that it would particularly disconcerting for a young girl to hear that she was posing/behaving like a stripper, so I can't really blame Tiffany for her reaction. At least she didn't take it as a compliment!

(No offense to strippers, but for someone under 18 and an aspiring model, it's not a good look.)

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2009 @ 6:20 PM

I must say I'm very impressed with this bunch. Rebecca Rose is probably my favorite - I love a redhead, and while I agree the sheer volume of the hair overwhelms her, I hope they don't dye it for makeovers, because that is a gorgeous color. I really love Rebecca's face, too. Laura's quickly becoming my other favorite - I agree that she might be a little plain in person, but she photographs like a dream. She reminds me a lot of Gemma Hayes (who's admittedly not a model but who IS all kinds of awesome).

I can't get over how much Teryl-Leigh reminds me of Caris (from AusNTM). Carys > Teryl-Leigh, but that's only because Caris > most people; Teryl-Leigh tends to look a bit haggard in motion, but I think she's gorgeous and photographs beautifully. I'm also loving Christobelle, Ajoh, Rhiannon, Victoria, and Sarah, and I think Lucy has potential.

[Rhiannon's] photo was awesome, too.

Wasn't it? I was surprised when the judges hated it, I thought it was pretty stunning.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ruby, to be quite honest. It's not because of her body - I'll commit a mortal fashion sin and admit I couldn't care less about her being too big to model - but her face just isn't to my personal taste. It's too... fetal. She does photograph very well, though.

I hate to say it, because she seems really sweet and I do like her, but Olivia is probably the weakest of this bunch. She's not offensively, eye-gougingly bad, and her picture was pretty decent, but... she's just so not a model, and I'm sure the judges know it. I feel really bad for her because she was only cast for sibling drama with Lucy, which isn't fair to Olivia.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2009 @ 10:59 PM

I thought it was pretty stunning.

Totally. I get that her face is a little snarly, and I find the faux-backless-top a little distracting, but she looks statuesque and gorgeous. I'm sure she'll end up like Brooke for me and be able to do no wrong (unless she turns in something comparable to Brooke's Napoleon Dynamite Fairytale photo)

but her face just isn't to my personal taste. It's too... fetal.

I like Ruby's face because it's interesting, but I totally agree. Her face reminds me of Demelza's, except like, one stage earlier in the fetal-development process. She also doesn't have a perpetual wonk-eye.

Caris > most people

True enough. Though I like Teryl-Leigh, I don't see get the comparison. I'm just thankful Caris didn't have that same god-awful, nasal, warbly voice.

Edited by Oholibamah, Mar 22, 2009 @ 11:00 PM.

JohannaEG

JohannaEG

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2009 @ 8:32 AM

When Teryl-Leigh said that G-d was watching her children so she could be there, did anyone else think, "Gee, I hope G-d isn't the only one watching your kids while you're away."

GoGoMasha

GoGoMasha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2009 @ 2:45 PM

Man, I freaking LOVE this show!

I just can't get over the fact that so many of these girls have genuine, model potential. I've been force-fed the absolute tripe that ANTM brings for so long, it feels like a slap in the face when you're actually exposed to "quality" stuff.

The judges seem to be pretty fair and innocuous at this point. At least they don't seem to be excessively petty and biased like Tyra & Co.

I actually liked Tiffany, and I'm glad she didn't take lightly that comment from the photographer ("working it like a pole"). If that bitch had said that to me in front of my face, I would have gave her five across the eyes. Totally uncalled for comment, she's 17 for freaks sake. Her photo wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. I'm sorry to see her go so soon.

Geez, they sure like to interview Hosanna, Teryl-Leigh and Sarah a whole lot, don't they? Did anyone else even have a chance to speak to the camera?

Hosanna is coming off as awfully desperate. She wants it so bad, she's literally reeking of it. At first I thought they were setting her up to be the house bitch, but she just comes across as the girl with a lot of drive, but no talent. I don't think she's long for the show, unless the TPTB want to string her along a bit longer because they're sadistic that way.

Don't particularly like Sarah, I find her dull as dishwater. She's so obviously there for the drama, what with her "condition" and all that. She did well at the posing challenge, but bombed her photo. I'm afraid she'll probably be frighteningly erratic in her performances for the duration she's there.

Despite her constant blather about her circumstances (kids) and about God, I actually do like Teryl-Leigh as a model. She does have an incredibly gorgeous face (I can see the Caris resemblance) and nice body. I also like the fact that she's very professional in her outlook and behaviour on set and in front of the judges. This could be result of her being the oldest in the house, but still... I liked her photo a lot. Top 6 for sure.

I think Ajoh has a great walk, and a gorgeous body, But her face still makes me recoil. Not good. And it doesn't help that she's extremely one-dimensional at this point. Her expressions scream, "I'm going to cut up some kittens" every time she's in front of the camera. Next weeks drama will either eliminate her early, or cement her position in the house.

You can also throw in Rebecca-Rose in the one-dimensional pile. I know you have previous modeling experience, and I know you don't want the other girls to paint a target on your back... But you better do something to stand out at this point, because you're just a whole lot of pretty blah! You're posing kinda sucks too. I can see the potential, but Rebecca-Rose is going to have to kick it into high gear soon, or she'll be labeled the "one-look" girl, permanently and tossed for it.

As for the sisters... I do feel Lucy has much more potential than Olivia, in terms of her look. She has something very interesting about her face. Unlike the judges, I actually thought her photo was pretty good. She may go far, but it all depends. This manufactured drama with Olivia that the TPTB are trying shove down viewers throats is already getting tedious. Olivia is just not a model, in any manner. And her photo kinda stunk. She should have been the first to leave this week. I don't see her making it very much farther. Oh, and her lack of a neck is REALLY distracting.

I'm sorry to say this, but Ruby is just too "big" to be high fashion model. I hate ultra skinny models as well, but she's just too "doughy" in terms of her face and body to progress very far in her career. I'm not even sure toning will do much. She just seems to have a naturally, slightly larger build (for HF). She's gorgeous, but she's probably better suited to commercial modeling.

I do like Laura. She seems like a perfect blank slate. Plain, but versatile with the right elements added to her. I'm not sure she'll win this, but I can see her making it pretty far.

I absolutely FLOVE Christobel, Victoria and Rhiannon. So gorgeous and modelesque. They're my favourites, and can do no wrong in my eyes at this point. They're my picks for the final three.

Edited by GoGoMasha, Mar 24, 2009 @ 2:48 PM.

hilaryvm

hilaryvm

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2009 @ 12:33 PM

I was pretty impressed overall with the first episode - definitely miles better than the American version (which I no longer view as a search for a model but an exercise in ridiculousness).

One thing that bugged - it was immediately clear who was going to make the first cut, because there were girls who we didn't get to see at all, so clearly they were not going to be in the group that made the cut.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2009 @ 1:33 PM

If anyone finds a way to watch this show online outside of New Zealand, seeing as YouTube took it down, please share the link! Thank you!

dick simple

dick simple

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2009 @ 2:53 PM

Can this be seen in the U.S.? Where?

travelerkaty

travelerkaty

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2009 @ 4:25 PM

This site is where I found last week's episode through the Power of Google: Linky

You can scroll to the second page of posts to get to the NZNTM recap, which has an embedded video. Hope she does the same this week!

Myfynwy

Myfynwy

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2009 @ 7:38 PM

I found the casting episode on sidereel--it's a megavideo link but it appears to still work. Just go to sidereel.com and search New Zealand's Next Top Model :)

soBlu

soBlu

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2009 @ 5:45 PM

Ajoh is by far my favorite, and I'm a little confused as to why she was called later than last week...her Aviatrix photo was just okay but I loved the photo this week...

I loved Rebecca Rose's, Ajoh's, Teryl-Leigh's and Victoria's shots and I find Ruby to be very plain and dumpy.

I felt bad for Hosanna during casting, when being bullied by Teryl-Leigh, but I feel like she's not a fashion model, her swimsuit shot was very good IMO, but I think she's better suited for men's mags and glamour.

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2009 @ 4:07 PM

Another week with a good photoshoot and consistently strong performances from the hamsters - inconceivable!

While Sarah is, without a doubt, a better model than Olivia in every imaginable way, I don't have a problem with Olivia staying. Sarah seemed totally convinced that she'd survive the week even though she didn't do the freaking shoot, which was rather odd. Olivia hasn't long left, surely, but I'm starting to see a bit potential with her; and she does seem like a genuinely nice girl.

As for the rest:
Laura, Rebecca, Christobelle, Rhiannon and Victoria are at the top of the heap for me. Hosanna's getting there, too - I think she has a great face.

Teryl-Leigh is starting to bug, though I'm not prepared to write her off as the bitch. The praise lavished on her picture seemed a bit much to me, as did her challenge win (I know shit about hip-hop but to my uninformed eyes it looked like all she did was, like, shake her hand a little). All that said she's still insanely gorgeous; I wish she'd do something about her eyebrows, because she looks about a million times better with them darkened.

Ajoh's picture was my least favorite this week, but she's still gorgeous; Ruby is growing on me.

Which brings me to Lucy, who's in a sort of no man's land for me right now. I think she's a pretty, fresh-faced girl, and her picture was nice, but she hasn't, so far, photographed on the same level as most of the other girls. She has potential enough to outlast poor Olivia, and I think she has indeed enough potential to rise to the top of this pack, but her pictures have got to improve before then.

My Friend Goo

My Friend Goo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2009 @ 8:07 PM

I was actually preparing myself to be outraged if Sarah's name was called, tbh. Olivia is probably the least modelesque of the bunch, but she at least took the picture. She also participated in the dance lesson. I don't have anything against Sarah, thought she was quite good, but you gotta go if you're gonna quit on yourself.

Christobelle was doing so many amazing things on set that I'm surprised they chose that as her best pic.

So completely love Laura that I no longer question it or her potential (something about her reminds me of Ali Stephens + someone else). She seems like such a dear and speaks about everything with enthusiasm. Plus, she dislikes Teryl-Leigh.

Teryl-Leigh just seems like such a sad sack/Debbie Downer/Eeyore persona. Her somewhat monotone voice doesn't help. I have no idea why she has won two challenges. Beautiful face, but -- and I actually feel bad about saying this, for once -- her body just seems so wide and it has nothing to do with weight or toning that she even mentioned herself this ep. It's her frame. She just doesn't appear to have the "svelte" figure of a fashion model. I mean, if she fits the clothes that shouldn't be a problem and it doesn't seem that any of the photographers have mentioned her photographing "bigger" or anything.

Hosanna is an overachieving perfectionist who studies too many fashion magazines. But not the villain that the first episode tried to paint her as (so far, anyway). She can kind of look cute too, so I no longer mind if she sticks around for a while and gets to use what she's been teaching herself.

Ajoh looks great when she smiles and I think that I'll give her a break on her "moment" this week. Living with a bunch of girls that you don't know that well in such close quarters probably raises everyone's sensitivity levels higher than normal. Also, she can admit when she didn't do such a great job and I actually think that might have saved her from b2. Well, not really as Olivia's pic was really bad and Sarah didn't have a photo.

I also really liked Rebecca Rose's photo and the way that she wore her hair at panel made it less obvious to me how large her head looks compared to her tiny body. I know that as a model, she probably shouldn't gain weight (if she wants to work) but I think that a few kilos might correct the disproportion.

GoGoMasha

GoGoMasha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2009 @ 11:13 PM

Grrrrrr...... It took long enough for someone to FINALLY upload the third episode. Way to go you Kiwis for trying to hog the good stuff for yourself. I know you're just laughing over there about the crap (ANTM) we have to put up with.

These judges for NZNTM have to be some of the "nicest" judges I've ever seen on any NTM. They're so positive for the most part, and supportive. Even when they're critical, it's with good intentions on their part. Hey, Tyra? Maybe you could put down your rib sauce and get a clue. Watching you slip deeper and deeper into full blown, insanity is not my idea of fun.

I don't get Sarah. I know she's homesick for her daughter, but you have a great (at least better) opportunity to try to make something of yourself, and provide for your daughter at the same time. Isn't that why you signed up in the first place? She was obviously an early front-runner, but if you don't apply yourself (not participating in a photo shoot), there's no way you deserve to be there over anyone. No matter if they're least modelesque girl in the house (Olivia).

Ajoh? Talk about the lamest reason ever to pull out the race card. Are you freaking serious? Over a freaking 5 minute shower? Hoochie on the runway, and terrible in front of the camera this week. Not good. Ajoh has a great body, but I just can't get past her buttaface. Combined with her outburst this week, I hope she goes soon.

Teryl-Leigh is boring. But who cares? She has an insanely gorgeous face. I can't stop staring at it whenever she's on the screen. She's tall, confident, poses well, has a great body, and is extremely professional on and off set. I don't care if she's got the personality of a fish, she's bringing it. And that's all that counts in the end. I agree with Colin, she was one the few girls to nail the critique for the runway.

Christobelle IS a model. And a high fashion one at that. She just oozes it out of every pore. She's got everything, the total package. She was working it at her photo shoot, giving the photographer plenty to work with. And she also rocked the runway challenge as well. I love her!

I liked Laura a little less this week. Mostly because she seems to be on Teryl-Leigh's case about EVERYTHING. I still think she has plenty of potential, but keep the jealousy in check, okay? Her photo was good, but I don't think it deserved the tongue bath it got from Sara T. At this point, she's doing very well, but some of the other girls just stand out a little more.

Rebecca Rose is very unique looking. But again, the problem that arose this week with her photo (for me), was that her head seems terribly disproportionate to her body. It's like they don't match at all. This may not necessarily be a knock for her in the fashion world, but it's a little disconcerting. I disagree with that judge who said that her face takes make-up really well. Her appeal is her ghostly, almost ethereal appearance. I don't think certain make-up looks will go well with her, which may limit her versatility.

Olivia. Olivia. Olivia. Sweet girl and all; and I know she's trying to do her best. But, she's just not a model. Nothing stands out about her, and everything this week (runway, photo) was just, meh! I don't see how she'll last past next week.

Lucy is the more modelesque sister. I don't quite see commercial (ala Angela), but as with Laura, other girls just stand out more. I give her kudos for having the drive, and giving her best effort though. You can see she's trying to improve. Who knows? Maybe she'll come into her own if she lasts long enough.

Hosanna is not the house bitch after all. It's amazing what some editing and misperceptions can lead to. I agree with the judges that she improved a whole lot this week, because she wasn't trying so hard this time. LESS, in her case, is more. She didn't force it this week like she did last week. I kind of like her now, cause she seems like a total dork in person.

I really like Victoria as well. She's another girl who I consider to have the total package. Not quite as high fashion as Christobelle, but possibly more versatile overall. She looked very graceful in her photo this episode.

With Ruby, I don't get the attitude that Sara T. is alluding to. I'd be freaked if I only had 2 minutes to get a shot as well. Her photo was meh this episode, and I still don't think her body is quite up to snuff for high fashion. She does have a beautiful face though, it might keep her alive in the competition a bit longer.

What can I say about Rhiannon? I love her! Girl's got the best body in the house. Hands down! Those legs are freaking insane. Her look is totally fresh and natural. Not everyone has to be edgy and weird. I thought her photo was quite good. In the context of the photo, I think it was perfectly fine to smile. Gorgeous!

The only problem I have with NZNTM? It's so damn hard to find a way to watch it!

Can't wait for the makeovers next episode! It looked like Lucy was getting her hair shaved off, or something. Eek!

Edited by GoGoMasha, Mar 31, 2009 @ 11:27 PM.

SoNiceToWear

SoNiceToWear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 3:41 AM

Awesome episode!

Yay for Olivia getting the boot - how obvious was it that Teryl-Leigh was staying? She didn't even get a critique.

They all got great make-overs... except for Ruby.

Why didn't Christobelle get a prize? Teryl-Leigh got a photoshoot for Max, and then a free trip to the location of her choice for her wins. So where's Christobelles prize?

LOVED the photoshoot! I actually like all the photos - even Teryl-Leighs and Olivias. Rebecca Rose, Laura and Lucy did the best, IMO.

This show is everything ANTM should be.

jnnysmth303

jnnysmth303

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 4:19 AM

I agree. That was a great episode. The makeovers all looked pretty good and it seemed like they actually thought about what would suit the girls rather than making changes for the hell of it.

As for Christobelle's prize I thought she got some clothes from the designer - they just didn't show her getting them.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious who was going home, but then I think the right person went home.

Agree that the photoshoot was great. This version is so much better than ANTM, most of the girls actually look like models.

I did wonder why Laura got such a late call out though - her photo was really good.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 9:50 PM

I love how ANTM has one of their best photoshoots to date this week, yet New Zealand sees that and raises it. I LOVED those photos. I especially loved when Ajoh was like "I looked at Victoria and I was like... what the hell is that?" Hilarious!

Still loving Christobelle, Rebecca Rose and Ajoh, and I'm hoping they're among the last few standing. However, my heart still belongs to Rhiannon. Even though I miss her straggly hippy hair, her makeover is still pretty gorgeous. I hope she starts taking the photoshoots by the reigns, but I really would stay, even if she doesn't promise me heaven.

Laura made a complete 180 from pedestrian to model with that makeover. Good call. I was hoping for more of a transformation with Lucy; now instead of an average blonde fashionista, she's an average brunette fashionista. It's an improvement, but I want that fringe gone!

Ruby and Teryl-Leigh really need to lose some kgs instead of stuffing their faces, because they have great faces. They either need to put in some Caris-caliber levels of effort or else they won't deserve to get the top spots. Victoria still looks old and still bores me to tears, but she's photographing well enough to avoid my ire.

Edited by Oholibamah, Apr 3, 2009 @ 9:52 PM.

Dhyerwolf

Dhyerwolf

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 1:37 AM

In all fairness, New Zealand's photoshoot was so much better than America's because the girls are so much better.

GoGoMasha

GoGoMasha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 2:37 AM

Wow! Makeovers that actually improve the girl's looks? The hell you say! No trainwrecks here on NZNTM. I liked almost all of them. The only ones I didn't care for were Ruby's and Ajoh's. Though to be honest, I didn't like Ajoh's because I don't like her at all. Petty of me, I know. I'm kinda on the fence with Laura's. On the one hand, I think it does suit her and makes her stand out now. But, I also despise Agyness Deyn with the fire of a thousand suns, so that kinda cancels that out.

Christobelle rocks! Best runway walk of the bunch, easily. Hands down. I laughed when Laura said that the clothes were comfortable. She might as well have said that the clothes look and feel like her pajamas. Doh!

In all fairness, New Zealand's photoshoot was so much better than America's because the girls are so much better.

I have to agree with this statement. When the girls are quality, the ridiculousness of the photoshoot concept tends to get watered down. I think most of us are just shocked to see girls who look like models. It can be kind of a jarring experience when you've been exposed to ANTM for 12 cycles.

No one really had a bad photo this week; not even, Olivia. Though it was a case of too little, too late on her part. Plus the fact was she just wasn't a model, no matter how hard she tried to be.

Each elimination from now on is going to get harder to take. That's what happens when a lot of the girls are quite good. And since the judges seem to be basing their eliminations on the actual work of the models, we're not going to get those BS eliminations we see on ANTM.

My top three wish? Christobelle, Rhiannon and Teryl-Leigh. With Victoria, Laura and Rebecca Rose in the top six.

E.T.A. I could stare at Teryl-Leigh's face all day. She's hypnotically beautiful.

Edited by GoGoMasha, Apr 4, 2009 @ 2:40 AM.