Gossip Girl Fan Fiction Recommedation Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

113 replies to this topic

theheartbreak

theheartbreak

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 5:49 AM

The author of 'Can't Find the Words to Write This Song' has written another amazing Dair fanfic the kind of reckless that should send me running

Literally just finished reading this. So good.

bluebaby1219

bluebaby1219

Video Archivist

• Interests:Doctor Who, Legend of the Seeker, Gossip Girl, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 7:55 AM

The author of 'Can't Find the Words to Write This Song' has written another amazing Dair fanfic the kind of reckless that should send me running

Another flawless one from shtiglitz. Every single DAIR moment was like plucked from every DAIR fans fantasy scene that we would like to see on screen. I think I spent a few seconds with just the biggest smile on my face before wailing "Why can't this happen on the show?".

It was funny and cute and sweet with just the right pinch of angst. Told from Blair's point of view and narrated the way only shtiglitz can. READ IT. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. It will make you puke unicorns and rainbows and pastel colored ponies.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 1:09 PM

Oh, that was so good. So so good. Like I was grinning like a fool at the screen good.

Morrigan8472

Morrigan8472

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 8:27 PM

Okay I just heard the new song from the Black Keys on the radio and I am honestly, COMPLETELY unsarcastically surprised that someone out there hasn't already made ten Dair videos using it or that the show itself hasn't used it. The title? LONELY BOY. I'm serious. Google the lyrics and I have half a mind to think the band actually wrote it about Dan and Blair. Possible 60% a mind.

BTW is there a separate thread for fan works that are not fiction? I looked and couldn't find it so I stuck this here.

ElenaBelle

ElenaBelle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 5:01 AM

Okay I just heard the new song from the Black Keys on the radio and I am honestly, COMPLETELY unsarcastically surprised that someone out there hasn't already made ten Dair videos using it or that the show itself hasn't used it. The title? LONELY BOY. I'm serious. Google the lyrics and I have half a mind to think the band actually wrote it about Dan and Blair. Possible 60% a mind.

BTW is there a separate thread for fan works that are not fiction? I looked and couldn't find it so I stuck this here.

You're right about that song. The lyrics fit Dan and Blair perfectly. I don't think there's a separate thread for fan works.

Edited by ElenaBelle, Nov 21, 2011 @ 5:02 AM.

bluebaby1219

bluebaby1219

Video Archivist

• Interests:Doctor Who, Legend of the Seeker, Gossip Girl, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 5:35 AM

Two cute new DAIR fics up on LJ. If you need some DAIR fix these are good ones that'll leave you with some warm, fluffy feelings.

When You're Not Expecting by Lint

I Want Someone Badly by Artemis-sparks

Edited by bluebaby1219, Dec 3, 2011 @ 5:37 AM.

merrick715

merrick715

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 2:04 AM

Be So Happy (Part 1 of 3) by lila82 is Blair, Dan, Chuck fic set after Riding in Town Cars with Boys.
Dan canít save everyone, but he can still give them the endings they deserve.

merrick715

merrick715

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

lila82 updated her fic called "Be So Happy" (Part II of III).
Summary:Dan canít save everyone, but he can still give them the endings they deserve. Trigger Warning Blair has a late term miscarriage.

Lollipopdreams

Lollipopdreams

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Chuck and Blair Two Beautiful Strangers is really great http://www.fanfictio...tiful_Strangers

merrick715

merrick715

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

sing_song_sung is writing a promising bodyswap fic between Nate and Serena set post 1.06 called all of my secrets soft and hid .
Characters| Serena; Nate. Blair/Serena, Nate/Blair, Dan/Serena, Dan/Blair. Nate/Serena-ish.
Summary| It's a bad idea from the beginning. A chemical spill and a pair of identical fortunes lead to unintended consequences.

RubyRose

RubyRose

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I'm looking for a fic I read this past year but I can't find it, and in search of good fic, I'd like to see if the author wrote any more that I haven't yet read. It's a Dan and Blair story told from Chuck's perspective. It keeps on repeating the line "it was never about Blair". In it you see Dan and Blair fall in love under the guise of just being friends and Chuck is dismissive of it believing Blair could never really leave him and his denial that she's changing.

I'm hoping the hiatus brings out some more quality fics as my favourite writers tend to be more active when the show isn't airing.

Edited by RubyRose, Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:23 PM.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

Is this the fic you're looking for, RubyRose? (Warning for anyone who's a Chuck fan, he doesn't come off well in this fic.)

A couple more Dan/Blair recs, from FF.net of all places:

Five Times Blair Complained About Dan's Hair

I'm Not Going Back To New York

RubyRose

RubyRose

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Is this the fic you're looking for, RubyRose

Yes that's the one, thank you. For some reason that story stuck with me but I couldn't remember where I found it.

taconinja

taconinja

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

Thanks to everyone for posting these links. I seem to have no capacity to find good fiction on my own.

In case anyone is interested, "You and I Are a Story (that Never Gets Told)" is up to Chapter 10. I'm enjoying it immensely, so thanks again!

taconinja

taconinja

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

Just stumbled across this today: http://mardia.livejo...com/134166.html and http://mardia.livejo...com/135839.html

There are several more of a Dan/Blair-themed AU and it is so fun! Looks as if the writer abandoned it, but maybe someday they'll finish it. One can hope!

This hiatus is killing me.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

taconinja, I loved that fic back in the day, when it was being written. I once PM'd the writer to tell her that we shared a brain, because her views on GG were exactly like mine. But it seems she gave up on Gossip Girl and didn't return despite the Dan/Blair arc.

taconinja

taconinja

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

I loved that fic back in the day, when it was being written. I once PM'd the writer to tell her that we shared a brain, because her views on GG were exactly like mine. But it seems she gave up on Gossip Girl and didn't return despite the Dan/Blair arc.

That is a shame, but at least I can enjoy what's there.

There are a few others I've liked, and I will try to post links to those during lunch or tonight after work. I find that I read lots of fic while the show is on hiatus.

yarnover

yarnover

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 7:35 AM

I'm a big Dair fan who just got back into watching the show again. Can someone recommend to me one or two good Dair fics to get me through the hiatus.

Also, stupid question: what does "AU" stand for?

taconinja

taconinja

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

Also, stupid question: what does "AU" stand for?

Alternate Universe unless I've been misreading the tag.

What type of story to you prefer? One I've really enjoyed is Before the Glaciers Drown Us.

taconinja

taconinja

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Just found a really excellent Dair-focused story: Nine Lives. It's very cool.

Edited by taconinja, Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:03 AM.

amarettolime25

amarettolime25

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

someday (my pain will mark you)

summary | This is how each of them wins the Hunger Games (and how each of them loses). Set in the Hunger Games universe.

Everyone is perfectly in character. A brilliant read.

theheartbreak

theheartbreak

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:21 AM

honey, i want you

Summary: Dan and Blair have sex. It doesn't go well. Based on promos/speculation for 5x18.

Edited by theheartbreak, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:23 AM.

Aftershock

Aftershock

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

Thanks amarettolime25 Shtiglitz is flawless as usual, love the concept and works perfectly.

I Dialed Your Number Out of Habit I love this one, really hot, angsty and sweet.

taconinja

taconinja

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

So... I decided to give writing fiction a shot. Hope it's okay to provide a link here for people to read.

Rebel Girl