2-10: "Uh Oh. Out Come the Skeletons." 2009.03.11 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

60 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2009 @ 9:39 PM

As Patty increases the pressure in her case against UNR, the opposition finally starts to show its cracks. And while Wes and Ellen's relationship heads in a new direction, the FBI investigation into Patty takes a shocking turn.

Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 10:18 PM

I cannot believe they killed MVP! The honorable thing to do would have been to kill the other guy, since he is a showrunner and will still have a job.

I liked Ellen in this episode. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the episode, even the boring Kendrick stuff.

I am still not 100% convinced that Ellen shot Patty. But in any case, I am curious to find out how Ellen lets Patty walk out of the apartment after being shot twice, or witnessing someone else get shot.

AgeofAquarian

AgeofAquarian

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 10:19 PM

That was great. Wow. Just WOW.

Absurdist

Absurdist

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 10:43 PM

MVP is still a director (and was before he started playing the agent), so I'm not so worried.

I'm not as convinced now as I was last week that there is a third person in the room with them, but it's getting difficult to know what to think now, but that's also the point, so...

So Daniel and Claire are both back in play now, and I guess they've chosen sides after a fashion, though I seriously doubt that Daniel is ever going to be upfront with her or with Patty about what actually happened with his wife (or as much as he knows about what actually happened with his wife, anyway).

Hmm. Now I'm confused about this season's Moore. I doubt he can be dealt with as perfunctorily as Moore was last season, so I'm curious about which way that character's going to go by the end of the thirteenth episode.

And dang it, what's going to happen with Froby at this point? Will he be taken out by Cheesy? Will Ellen get to him? Will his ex-wife go all Lorena Bobbit on him?

I sound like the end of an episode of SOAP.

Ganymedeone

Ganymedeone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 10:49 PM

Great episode! So much moved forward, and we keep getting more and more of the 'six weeks later' scene! I was also happy to have been right about FBI guy's supposed divorcing difficulties....but I was shocked at what they did with MVP! On a much lighter note, loved Patty's line to Michael's GF "Are you mentally ill?", and her reaction when Michael ordered four glasses for the wine "You're only 18", and then turning to the GF "So, do you have any children?" Glenn Close nailed those scenes.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 11:33 PM

I'll miss MVP's pretty.

Kudos on the direction, Tate!

"Are you mentally ill?"

I think she actually must be. Not displaying any hint of fear after Patty Hewes tells you she'll rip your face off is not an indication of strength or confidence, it's an indication that you must be unhinged!

Edited by JessicaLovejoy, Mar 11, 2009 @ 11:34 PM.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 11:49 PM

I am still not 100% convinced that Ellen shot Patty.

I was thinking Ellen shot someone else in the room and Patty touched the body, got her hands bloodied. But there's the thing of "just the two of us" in the room, said also by Patty. Unless Ellen was hallucinating or something.
Hell, maybe Ellen somehow got show. Who knows with this twisty show!

Best Line of this season:
"You'll break his heart and when you do, I'm going to rip your face off". Boy, GC looked scary when she moved in close to the girlfriend. And I knew the punk girl was just the fake out girlfriend,and the other lady at the art gallery would be the real one.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 12:57 AM

Mourning & pissed off over Mario. Hnads down, he was the best-looking guy on this show. Timmy's #2.
Whose blood is on Patty?? THAT'S killing me.
Scary ep. Altho I did finally see Hamburger Cop in an AT&T family phone-type ad...making him about 100% less threatening & psychotic.

kernriver999

kernriver999

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 1:14 AM

I'm not sure where to post this because I don't come here often, but does anyone recognize the sweater that Anastasia Griffith's character (Katie Connor) was wearing? It was a cream colored short-sleeved cable knit jacket type sweater. Simply gorgeous. Thanks.

StockShorter

StockShorter

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 1:17 AM

Scary ep. Altho I did finally see Hamburger Cop in an AT&T family phone-type ad...making him about 100% less threatening & psychotic.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gBWPf1BWtkw

kelly338825

kelly338825

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 5:57 AM

I think there is definitely a 3d person in the room.The angle of the surveilance camera shows Ellen only seemingly talking to Patty. She isnt looking at the camera which is moving as if the 3d person in the room is wearing the wire/cam.

Edited by kelly338825, Mar 12, 2009 @ 5:58 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 7:57 AM

The episode was good and everything, but the title is my favorite part. Out Come the Skeletons instantly started me thinking of In Come the Vampires - my favorite song from [title of show]. Die Vampires, Die!

Red Snapper

Red Snapper

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 8:44 AM

Maybe Ellen shoots herself. Would explain Patty's trauma in the hallway/elevator afterwards.

rapunzelchick

rapunzelchick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 9:16 AM

I particularly enjoyed Ellen in this episode. Wes is most certainly falling for her. She is coming unglued and I can't wait to see the clumination of her downward spiral. I would have liked to see her father too - me loves me some Medavoy.

So who is conducting the surveillance on Daniel and Claire?

I'm kind of glad to see that Claire is not in on the whole market manipulation scheme. I expect that she will probably switch sides somehow. Though I could have lived without the whole "I regret that I focused on my career instead of having a family" angle.

her reaction when Michael ordered four glasses for the wine "You're only 18"

I specifically noticed at dinner at their home earlier in the episode that Patty, Phil and Michael were all drinking white wine, so I thought her reaction was interesting.

Oh, how I will miss MVP and his fabulous biceps!

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 10:13 AM

Maybe Ellen shoots herself.

I did think that for a second when I saw Patty leaving the apartment, but I swear we've seen Ellen aiming and shooting in flashbacks, haven't we? I don't think we've just heard it. That would be pretty ironic if after all her target practice, all she does is aim at her own temple.

Edited by braggtastic, Mar 12, 2009 @ 10:14 AM.

Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 10:53 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gBWPf1BWtkw

I am afraid to watch, though I am dying of curiosity, because he is the only character that genuinely scares the pee out of me. I don't want to ruin that.* Maybe I'll watch after he gets a bullet c/o Wes. I also loved how KC said that wanting Ellen dead had nothing to do with Frobisher, it was about protecting himself -- refreshing honesty.

Word about Claire having to explain the lack of grandkids. And while I am always happy to see more MGH, did they have to introduce yet another character in her dad? Now I want to know his story. Come on, can we just deal with the 400 characters we have already?

*Ok, I couldn't resist, and had to watch, and my terror was compounded when someone at the table asked: Do we have any more ketchup? *Shudder*

Edited by Bullfrog, Mar 12, 2009 @ 10:55 AM.

amabele

amabele

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 11:01 AM

The episode was okay. I always like when they explore the Michael/Patty dynamic and Ellen didn't bother me for the first time since last season's finale. I enjoyed the stuff with GKessler and MVP more than the Maddox/Kendrick scenes, but it's nice how everything's coming together. I really wanted to believe that Nye was behind everything, but it turns out it's Dave? Interesting.

On a related note: I can't believe Patty is ok with Phil possibly becoming secretary of energy. Unless she knows about his skeletons.

Re: Who gets shot. I think there is a third person in the room (KetchupCop?), but Ellen has him or her (could be Katie) gagged. That's why she says to Patty that it's just the two of them. The third person won't interfere.

I'm not sure where to post this because I don't come here often, but does anyone recognize the sweater that Anastasia Griffith's character (Katie Connor) was wearing? It was a cream colored short-sleeved cable knit jacket type sweater. Simply gorgeous. Thanks.

Try the "Ask FX" thread on FX's message board!

justjoan123

justjoan123

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 11:15 AM

I love that the bloody-Patty-in-the-elevator scene is almost a mirror image of the opening scene from Season 1, down to the traumatized woman being out of place (Ellen in Patty's elevator, Patty in Ellen's hotel elevator).

Edited by justjoan123, Mar 12, 2009 @ 11:16 AM.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 11:20 AM

I love that the bloody-Patty-in-the-elevator scene is almost a mirror image of the opening scene from Season 1, down to the traumatized woman being out of place (Ellen in Patty's elevator, Patty in Ellen's hotel elevator).

Good catch! I didn't even think of that.

SassandtheCity

SassandtheCity

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 1:39 PM

What is up with William Hurt's need to dramatically take off his glasses? I about died of laughter when he took them off while talking to Claire. It's so ridiculously "actor-y" thing to do.

carrlos00

carrlos00

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 1:51 PM

No Tom this episode, he was probably the one recording William Hurt and MGH?

I agree that Ellen didn't suck so much this episode, she can do "lost", "naive" and "confused".

quinceflower

quinceflower

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 1:57 PM

No Tom this episode, he was probably the one recording William Hurt and MGH?

Tate Donovan was directing this episode which is why there's no Tom appearance.

TimWil

TimWil

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 2:29 PM

In a lot of ways this show is so undercast it's dragging it down. Clarke Peters as Dave Pell is unrelentingly actorish and stiff. John Doman (Kendrick) has zero charisma. And Wendy Moniz as Jill is a total blank-I'm baffled they cast her rather than someone who could potentially go toe to toe with Close.

Edited by TimWil, Mar 12, 2009 @ 2:30 PM.

Deianeira

Deianeira

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 2:34 PM

loved Patty's line to Michael's GF "Are you mentally ill?", and her reaction when Michael ordered four glasses for the wine "You're only 18", and then turning to the GF "So, do you have any children?" Glenn Close nailed those scenes.

She really did. It’s nice to have you back, Tough Patty. I’ve missed you!

"Are you mentally ill?"

I think she actually must be. Not displaying any hint of fear after Patty Hewes tells you she'll rip your face off is not an indication of strength or confidence, it's an indication that you must be unhinged!

I thought that Jill made a nice comeback when she told Patty that if she found something she liked at the gallery, she could have the family discount.

I always like when they explore the Michael/Patty dynamic

I enjoyed Michael’s parting shot: “That’s not the tea I like.”

I'm kind of glad to see that Claire is not in on the whole market manipulation scheme. I expect that she will probably switch sides somehow. Though I could have lived without the whole "I regret that I focused on my career instead of having a family" angle.

I’m not sure if she was regretting not having a family. She said that she’d devoted half of her life to Kendrick (professionally and maybe personally as well), and she’d just found out that he’s a criminal.

Re: Who gets shot. I think there is a third person in the room (KetchupCop?)

I wonder, because we still haven’t seen what happens when he lets himself into Ellen’s place and she’s in the shower.

The other thing I want to know is, who got shot in the car that Wes got out of? That could be KetchupCop too.

Good catch! I didn't even think of that.

Neither did I. Nice!

Classact2575

Classact2575

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 2:34 PM

OK, call me slow, but why is that weird guy called Cheeseburger/Hamburger/Ketchup Cop?

Wittgenstein

Wittgenstein

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 2:36 PM

Damages = cure for insomnia

lovinbob

lovinbob

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 3:02 PM

I feel like when Ellen says, "I lied too," she could be speaking to Wes, telling him that she's actually a very good shot, right before she shoots him twice.

Counse

Counse

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 5:08 PM

I feel like when Ellen says, "I lied too," she could be speaking to Wes, telling him that she's actually a very good shot, right before she shoots him twice.

Wes already knows Ellen is a good shot from last week's episode when she drilled two bullets into the head of the practice target and he joked she should hang it in her office to get people to treat her better.

I must say, this episode really kicked things into high gear. Watching this season has been a struggle for me but now I'm dying to know who got shot.

I'm in the "there's a 3rd person in the room" camp. I just don't think Patty got shot. A little too obvious, hence probably not it. I'm thinking it's either Frobisher or Kendrick. Don't know why. . .just wild guesses.

OK, call me slow, but why is that weird guy called Cheeseburger/Hamburger/Ketchup Cop?

I, too, am slow because I don't get the reference either. :)

Patty's son (Michael?) obviously inherited his hair from his mother. The scene with them in the kitchen following the dinner had me going, "wow, both of their hair is really nice, though he could use a haircut."

On a shallow note - I find MGH's eyebrows distracting. . .they're very archy. And loving the scruffy look on TO.

jenlaw

jenlaw

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 6:08 PM

I, too, am slow because I don't get the reference either. :)

I believe it's because a few episodes back, the cop was at a crime scene and someone brought him a cheeseburger and french fries and he asked if there was extra ketchup for the fries. Someone please correct me if I don't have this right.

janinwb

janinwb

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2009 @ 6:14 PM

He was eating a cheeseburger at a bloody crime scene and bitched about no ketchup.