Adam Lambert: Glittery Alien from Planet Fierce

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

23164 replies to this topic

xuziqueue

xuziqueue

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 9:44 PM

Guess because Adam is gay and Allison is performing with him.

Maybe it's due to the nature of the song Slow Ride and her age. Adam has treated her with kid gloves every time they perform - a perfect gentleman. Looking after her like he did last night is proof of that.

binkley wtf

binkley wtf

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 9:48 PM

Someone posted this pic of a protester. It's not clear if there are more, though. I think he looks lonely.

"protest"

Edited by binkley wtf, Jul 12, 2009 @ 9:50 PM.

emmu

emmu

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 9:55 PM

New tweet

protesting was just a few people. related to AT&T not the idols

silencefound

silencefound

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 9:55 PM

Maybe it's due to the nature of the song Slow Ride and her age. Adam has treated her with kid gloves every time they perform - a perfect gentleman. Looking after her like he did last night is proof of that.

What about the song is inappropriate? I always thought it was about dancing... but then I never knew WLL was about a penis until someone here pointed it out so I'm slow I guess.

I never read the lyrics so I always thought Allison was singing "I'm in the mood, for rhythm and pain" (maybe that's my own dirty fantasy *g*)

binkley wtf

binkley wtf

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 9:58 PM

silencefound, the song is called Slow Ride. "Move to the music, we could roll all night". ;) Yeah, it's naughty.

Ironman08

Ironman08

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:02 PM

@debbielosee And there are signs calling allison a "fag Enabler" and they are telling people they are going to hell

From twitter....It might be a case of them protesting different things.

beenherebefore

beenherebefore

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:03 PM

deleted

Edited by beenherebefore, Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:10 PM.

musicnmath

musicnmath

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:08 PM

"Slow down...go down...I got to get your lovin one more time". Yeah, it's naughty. Full lyrics for review here.

nds

nds

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:13 PM

Someone posted this pic of a protester. It's not clear if there are more, though. I think he looks lonely.

"protest"

it looks harmless, they have one guy with the sign, one with megaphone and one with a tripod taking pic of the other two

"Slow down...go down...I got to get your lovin one more time". Yeah, it's naughty. Full lyrics for review here.

Like we discussed several pages ago - if not for Allison being a minor - we would've had a very different SLow Ride experience

Edited by nds, Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:18 PM.

Ironman08

Ironman08

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:17 PM

Their have been conflicting reports, with people at the concert saying so many different things.

happycat14

happycat14

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:21 PM

People have been "protesting" Adam all through the run of the show, so a couple of people with signs, to quote Adam, "whatever!"
Another WLL Oakland - very nice

By the way, Adam's getting a bit grabby during WLL. Not sure if I'm totally a fan of that (but go on with your bad self, Adam), but I love the different vocal improvs on it and the bended knee towards the end. I almost think he should make the crowd beg more before he eggs them on!

Bowie Medley - Oakland on Flip

FYI, this vid is from a Flip Vid camera that doesn't seem to be HD. Nice job recording, but the audio is tinny and the image isn't the sharpest. Still, front row view. Boy, Adam's dancing is sometimes spastic - it's very endearing. You can really see his face when he spots and picks up the black bra.

Edited by happycat14, Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:38 PM.

silencefound

silencefound

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:22 PM

Sorry, I should've put the *g* because I was actually being sacrastic. I knew the song was about sex.

Adam handles the song and Allison very respectfully IMO.

It seems that no one knows what the protest is about, least of all the protestors themselves.

Subtle? Shy? Back lit crotch? OMG!

Who? What? Where?

I know Adam is used to this, but Allison isn't.

I doubt she was even exposed to it. They were out front. None of the idols were out there.

Edited by silencefound, Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:33 PM.

beenherebefore

beenherebefore

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:29 PM

Subtle? Shy? Back lit crotch? OMG!

Edit: In the WLL just posted. But I've been noticing the back-lit crotch in a couple of the WLL versions.

Edited by beenherebefore, Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:33 PM.

Maracev1

Maracev1

Stalker

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:31 PM

Adam handles the song and Allison very respectfully

Heh, that sound dirty...

I know Adam is used to this, but Allison isn't.

silencefound

silencefound

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:41 PM

By the way, Adam's getting a bit grabby during WLL. Not sure if I'm totally a fan of that (but go on with your bad self, Adam), but I love the different vocal improvs on it and the bended knee towards the end. I almost think he should make the crowd beg more before he eggs them on!

I'm a big fan of grabby Adam LOL.

beenherebefore that's actually the first time I noticed the backlight on his crotch. That's a real nice touch I must say LOL.

I love that every performance is somewhat different.

cailuj365

cailuj365

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:53 PM

People have been "protesting" Adam all through the run of the show, so a couple of people with signs, to quote Adam, "whatever!"
Another WLL Oakland - very nice

WHOA. Now I know why people are calling this the hottest WLL yet. The picture quality was a bit blurry on the other video, so I couldn't really tell. Perhaps some of the grabbing and stroking is a bit excessive, but Adam's not one for subtlety during songs like these, is he? ;) I'm also not ashamed to say that this video brought out my greatest reaction since seeing the Portland WLL for the first time. I also think it's hilarious and absolutely brilliant that this is all happening in an American Idol show as well. Adam gets away with it, because he is Adam, and no producer is going to stand in his way!

Regarding the religious protestors: what a shame that some people still think so backwardly. I doubt this is going to affect Adam or Allison (or Kris as someone said they were protesting him as well??) during their performances. Hopefully, they'll all just go "whatever" to it all. Like he said, Adam's not singing for these people anyway.

Edited by cailuj365, Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:03 PM.

wintering

wintering

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:56 PM

Okay, apparently there is some real anti-Adam protest there because Sarver just tweeted about it. I didn't care so much about them, but I was hoping that Adam and the rest wouldn't find out about it. Adam always has so much on his shoulders.

Bummer. At least he says they're all in this together.

Edited by wintering, Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:57 PM.

Ddustbunny

Ddustbunny

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:57 PM

Hi,
New poster but have beem lurking around for a while. Love this forum.

beenherebefore

beenherebefore

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:58 PM

Silencefound, I don't think it's intentional; during WLL stage is so black and the screen is so bright. When he moves to the side, I don't notice it as much as when he is the center in front of the screen. For Starlight, Mad World, and Bowie Med the lighting seems more blue and totally different. The duet lighting is way brighter -- probably for reasons discussed above about Allison.

Gwendy

Gwendy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:01 PM

Okay, apparently there is some real anti-Adam protest there because Sarver just tweeted about it.

I'm pretty sure he was responding to tweets he received from people who heard about it through the various other conflicting twitters. Basically, twitter is the devil (not that it discounts how much any form of protest against Adam or gays sucks).

silencefound

silencefound

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:06 PM

Silencefound, I don't think it's intentional; during WLL stage is so black and the screen is so bright.

I'm going to pretend that it's intentional and that it's strictly for MY benefit (if that's okay) *g*

I'm pretty sure he was responding to tweets he received from people who heard about it through the various other conflicting twitters. Basically, twitter is the devil (not that it discounts how much any form of protest against Adam or gays sucks).

Probably so. The protestors were out front and none of the Idols would've been out there but it's still a great show of support for Adam from Michael IMO. Good for him.

xuziqueue

xuziqueue

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:08 PM

At least he says they're all in this together.

I'm liking Sarver more and more for showing support for Adam and his tour mates with his tweet: "We are together in this thing. You mess with one you mess with all ten. We are strong and we are 1."

beenherebefore

beenherebefore

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:13 PM

I got my answer . . .can't wait for pictures/videos.

elvis hair tonite

Ironman08

Ironman08

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:20 PM

From Sarver:

michaelsarver1 Funny how people think it's a good idea to mess with a big Texan and his AI family. Lol Adam is just fine ,shakes it off and so should we.

silencefound

silencefound

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:30 PM

I got my answer . . .can't wait for pictures/videos.

elvis hair tonite

OH MY RA! that's nice!!

Adam is just fine ,shakes it off and so should we.

Adam has dealt with that ignorance his entire adult life. He's basically told those people to fuck off since Top 13 when the pictures leaked and he came out and did Black or White.

happycat14

happycat14

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:45 PM

If, like me, you were hoping that hearing Adam live would serve as the culmination of your Adam obsession so that you could move on to other things in your life, you should be warned that this probably will not happen.

teancat, well, there goes my hopes and dreams that I can move on. Adam watching is a 24/7 thing, and my AI concert isn't until August 8. I'm royally screwed - it gets worse after you see him live?

Aww, sweet vid. The security guard wanted to be fabulous too; Adam gives him a playful shove.
Adam Oakland autograph signing

beenherebefore how did you find out about the Elvis hair? Do people think it looks good?

beenherebefore

beenherebefore

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:46 PM

I can't find anybody who is sending twitpics of Adam's set. It seems Allison might have mentioned Adam's name in her set, but the cellcast was bad and it wasn't clear exactly what she said.

Happycat14, I found a picture on Idol Forum from pre-concert event (I posted picture earlier) with the Elvis hair, and one of the MJs tweeters confirmed he was rocking it for the concert when he started his set. So there you go. I just like the fact he changes his hair, always has (from what I've read), and isn't going to stop.

Whether I like it with concert outfit remains to be seen -- he might really look like Mad Max at the Thunderdome. Actually now that I think about that image, it might be hot.

Edited by beenherebefore, Jul 13, 2009 @ 12:14 AM.

hppark

hppark

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2009 @ 11:50 PM

Somehow it's hard for me to picture Elvis taking off his jacket. We'll see. :-)

nds

nds

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2009 @ 12:35 AM

Somehow it's hard for me to picture Elvis taking off his jacket. We'll see. :-)

Most of us end up liking whatever AL does/whatever look he comes up with anyway...even if it takes a bit of time for us to adjust... so, I am looking forward to tomorrw morning to see it (hopefully) and I know I'll love it - as you see I am not even trying to have my own opinion any more...LOL

beenherebefore

beenherebefore

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2009 @ 12:46 AM

And again, I'm reading comments on MJs from the twitterverse like epic, the best, and a new comment -- Elvis humping the mic. Oh boy. I agree with you, nds, I'm just going to love it and laugh.

Okay, I was just going to give up and somebody at Idol Forums came through, so goodnight and here is

THE ELVIS HAIR PICTURE

Edited by beenherebefore, Jul 13, 2009 @ 1:23 AM.