Better Off Ted

• Please log in to reply

1585 replies to this topic

avid_reader

avid_reader

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2009 @ 1:48 PM

"While elective brain surgery isn't polling very well, it's still polling better than diet and excercise."

Ha! It's funny because it's true.

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2009 @ 2:39 PM

I saw my first episode of this at the gym on Tuesday, and now I'm hooked. I've seen all the episodes on ABC.com, but unfortunately I can't find the other ones. Hopefully they'll be rerun or put somewhere on the interwebs somewhere.

Jr82

Jr82

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2009 @ 2:58 PM

Man, putting the racial sensitivety episode up for free on i-tunes is a stroke of genius. It is the best episode they put out and I think if there were one episodes to rope people into this zany show, that episode is it. I'm off to watch it again now.

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2009 @ 10:46 PM

The line that made me laugh out loud was when Ted gets off the phone with Rose and says, "That bitch!" Both Phil and Lem look up and say, "Whoa! Ted, she's 7 years old!"

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Jun 26, 2009 @ 2:33 AM

Oh yeah, the brain implant that makes everything taste sweet - pretty plausible. I mean, if there's a fruit that can do that...

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2009 @ 3:31 AM

"I always assumed she found a comfortable chair and powered down overnight."

What I love is that he specifies a comfortable chair. She may be an android, but she still loves her little luxuries.

Shariq

Shariq

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2009 @ 8:32 AM

Anyone else curious as to what the Doppler Project is and why Linda hates it so much? It sounds kind of...ominous. :|

Alenore

Alenore

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2009 @ 10:10 AM

Oh yeah, the brain implant that makes everything taste sweet - pretty plausible. I mean, if there's a fruit that can do that...

Miracle fruit was the first thing I thought of when I heard that line, problem is Veridian doesn't have a patent on it (at least not yet).

I loved even a lot of little things about this episode, like when Veronica was congratulating Joe (or whoever it was who had been given the Doppler project) and showing him his larger cubicle, and then the camera panned to Linda's suddenly smaller cubicle.

dagny

dagny

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2009 @ 8:14 PM

Loved that Linda went into the basement to work out her frustrations and both Lem & Phil had a "we can't win look on their face". Of course I couldn't figure out if it was because of Linda's Xena outfit or her "I'm going to kill everyone" attitude.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

Or because they're weenies. Lovely, brilliant, kind-hearted creative weenies, but still...

thethinman

thethinman

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 9:12 PM

Linda: Are you staring at my butt?
Ted: No, your butt happens to be in my staring space.

caia1970

caia1970

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 9:17 PM

Oh my God they are creating cyborgs! That is awesome.

"That's right 'McGuyver and the Diver.' They're gay married."

"Or assface for short."

My second favourite episode of the series, right up there with 'Racial Diversity.'

Dear ABC, I need some Veridian Dynamics swag for my office. You need to get someone on that ASAP.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 9:53 PM

"That exquisite creature... is taking the woman I love away from me."

This show keeps getting better and better. This episode even incorporated some of the Ted-Linda romantic tension while keeping it light and funny.

So many throwaway bits that I can't remember them all after it's over. I just know I want Lem for a best friend.

Alenore

Alenore

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 10:10 PM

I need one of those God machines! I liked it when just before Lem uses the God machine Phil says "You're using science for no good ... we took an oath we would try and do that less".

DEM

DEM

Stalker

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 10:43 PM

TED: You're not jealous, are you?
VER: 'Jealous' implies I can't have something I want. This is more, like, if someone borrows my stapler. Even if I'm not using the thing, I still don't like the thought of someone else pounding away on it.

Also, Andrea Anders has really hit her stride. Also, also, the pillow-shooting nearly did me in.

Thank Veridia they renewed this.

Edited by DEM, Jun 30, 2009 @ 10:47 PM.

teebax

teebax

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 10:53 PM

Dangit. The first 10 minutes of tonight's episode was all music - no dialogue. I certainly hope I can find the ep online so I can hear what I missed.

Top Dog 12

Top Dog 12

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 2:36 AM

Aww poor Lem, that really sucks.

Jr82

Jr82

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 7:08 AM

i love that I speak Veronica now. When she start talking about how she hated to see everyone so upset, I knew she meant for everyone to go away. Still cracked me up though.

I must admit that now I giggle everytime Lem adjusts his glasses and folds his hands again.

I'm glad that Ted often makes me laugh as much as everyone else does. I was worried about that at first, but he's just as quirky as everyone else but his professional attitude covers that up alot.

Damn Anders has been looking hot lately. Maybe I'm having flashbacks to her in the Xena outfit, but that is a gorgeous woman and she isn't the size of a toothpick which is always nice.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 7:13 AM

Just rewatched it at abc.com. Favorite quotes that zipped by too fast last night:

Phil: "We call it The Voice Of God."
Ted: "No we don't."
Phil (immediately and decisively): "No, we don't."

"A machine that causes vomiting? That could have all kinds of implications for the military. And fashion modeling."

"Sadly, until we find the reason for the leak... it will continue."

Phil: "So I do know something about women. I am gonna call my wife. And tell her how hot Linda is."

Lucy: "I'm not exotic, I'm Asian. Statistically, there's more of us than there is of you. So you're the exotic one.
Brody: "What?.... Wait, what?"
Lem: "You heard the statistically-average lady."

Lem: "I bet Brody is a lot less appealing with vomit all over him. I know I am."

Ted: "So what are we going to do?"
Lem: "We're men. We're going to ignore your vulnerable moment."

It would be so awesome if Rick made a brief appearance in a future episode, still afraid to make copies.

kinicke

kinicke

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 7:59 AM

The five actors have an amazing chemistry. I love the way they all bounce off each other. The lines are snappy - the pacing and deliveries are perfect. I've been telling everyone I know about this show and I don't usually do that! I know TWoP recaps 30 rock. I think it's about time they did Better Off Ted as well.

mad_typist

mad_typist

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 8:01 AM

I loved Veronica's increasing insanity throughout the day, and how casually she took out that gun. And the way Portia delivered this line totally cracked me up: "Ted, you're a guest. I can't have you wincing every time I fire a gun in here."

Edited by mad_typist, Jul 1, 2009 @ 8:01 AM.

falulatonks

falulatonks

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 8:47 AM

The five actors have an amazing chemistry. I love the way they all bounce off each other. The lines are snappy - the pacing and deliveries are perfect.

Yes, yes, yes. I love this show a lot, and not many shows I know can reel me in and make me love it this much in what, nine episodes? It's that fantastic.

I'm so glad they did something with both the Ted and Linda characters that made them as hilarious/interesting as the other three. And I may love watching Ted and Veronica conversations just as much as the Phil and Lem ones. The conversation that started with antacids this episode was great.

Edited by falulatonks, Jul 2, 2009 @ 6:40 AM.

3headedmonkey

3headedmonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 11:09 AM

Oh my god, when Veronica took out the gun and started firing...I love this show so much. She is so a terminator.

Statistically average.

JoannKB

JoannKB

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 12:03 PM

The singing banter just killed me.
"Can your fish finish the report?"
"He can only say Maw-Maw"

Aw, I love this show.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 12:49 PM

Excellent ep. Everyone was terrific and hilarious.

The whole conversation with Linda and the fish was great. Talking to MacGyver after Ted leaves: "He's got more problems than you, and YOU poop in your air."

So many great lines. Maybe my favorite:

"That looks like barf. I miss Lucy."

When Ted said that Dale has a big hand and a little hand, I thought it was great that we didn't actually see that because one hand was hidden behind some papers.

Loved Wallace the food taster staring at Linda and saying, "Linda. Pretty."

Loved the ridiculously tiny office.

One of Ted's VOs: "I wasn't the only one being affected by the goo coming out of Dr. Bhamba's Johnny."

Poor Lem: "If only I were a worm. I could cut myself in two and date my lower half."

Lem to Lucy: "If you like lame you should meet me for a drink tonight after I have dinner with my mom and pretend to go to bed."

Loved seeing how their date ended. Later after Lucy is with the other guy, Phil consoles Lem by saying: "You'll always have your sneeze-related head injury."

There was a fantastic little bit when Ted is talking to Phil about fixing the computer:
Phil: "According to my wife I am not good at reading men either, but---"
Ted: "Look, I can't go back to my office because..."
And right after Ted says, "Look," Phil looks and stares wherever it was Ted was looking at that moment. So great.

BTW, I noticed that a Best Buy ad had rather Veridian-type tag:

Best Buy.
You. Happier.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 1:16 PM

I loved Veronica's increasing insanity throughout the day, and how casually she took out that gun. And the way Portia delivered this line totally cracked me up: "Ted, you're a guest. I can't have you wincing every time I fire a gun in here."

I love Veronica. I wasn't at all surprised that firing a gun into a throw pillow was one of the ways she de-stressed. Loved the way she nonchalantly screwed on the silencer, too.

There was something about this ep that didn't work for me. The parts were all there, but they didn't quite add up.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 2:22 PM

"If only I were a worm. I could cut myself in two and date my lower half."

Phil: We all wish that, but it's never going to happen.

Arizhuman

Arizhuman

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 3:17 PM

I liked the part in the Veridian commercial where they showed a terminator and said they hoped the man/machine hybrid was friendly.

twoods

twoods

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 3:42 PM

Caught this show last night and really enjoyed it. They are are pretty hilarious, but not quirky-annoying like some of the people on the Office. Lem is my favorite! Plus Ted is really cute.

Lois Sandborne

Lois Sandborne

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 4:59 PM

This episode was fantastic. I would like to write a song entitled "Would You Talk to a Rainbow."

I love that this is a show where I love everyone and believe every character is funny and worthwhile. Granted, I've only seen three episodes, but this is a first for me and I'm going to run with it.