Spotted: Promos, Sneak Peaks & Promo Pictures Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2977 replies to this topic

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Based on a better Canadian version, it would appear that Serena tries to sabotage DAIR by convincing Dan it was over with Blair.

It appears that Dan accuses her of that, perhaps unjustly.

Blair wants to know every secret Serena has. At first sight this doesn't seem too promising. What are the odds that Serena has a secret more damaging than all the stuff Blair already knows? Then again, because this is Gossip Girl, the odds are pretty good. After all, the producers promised us an "explosion".

PdmntPdl

PdmntPdl

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

I wonder, because to me it looks EXACTLY like the Serena and Nate flashback makeout at the bar (at least from what I remember), only with Dan.

If this is the case, maybe it's Blair's dream/nightmare. I can't imagine why Serena and Dan would be in a empty bar. But I do think that something other than the diary has to be going on for S/B to implode. Why would it be Serena's fault that GG stole Blair's diary?

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:37 AM

Why would it be Serena's fault that GG stole Blair's diary?

We don't know yet, but the spoilers I read noted Serena had everything to do with it....but now I'm thinking inadvertently. Perhaps she scanned the diary herself planning to use it when she was 'mean Serena' (lol) as GG and never deleted it before Nate and Lola got the laptop back to the real GG. I'm thinking it definitely has something to do with a computer trail S left, also because she is the worst schemer ever.

Sorry, completely disagree. Serena had NO INTEREST in Dan until she read Inside and discovered, to her horror, that she wasn't the star of his life, Blair was.
She then decided to call dibs and had the nerve to accuse Blair of only going after him "because he was mine!"

Before she read Inside she was perfectly content with not being with Dan, as she wrongly assumed that, deep down, he would always secretly pine for her. And now she's acting out simply because things have not gone her way.
Serena does not love Dan. She never has. She just can't BEAR the fact that he doesn't love her.
Her ego can't handle it, it's driving her crazy lol.

That's a fair point and I agree about Serena's feeling for Dan at that time. But, I was just pointing out that often friends don't date others' exes...and Blair did just that while living with S, to boot. I don't personally have an issue with it but I can see why some , including Serena, lol, might.

Edited by diorella78, May 9, 2012 @ 2:40 AM.

dreamdair

dreamdair

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

Does anyone think that the makeout scene between S and D is a dream sequence that Blair wrote something about in her diary.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

Does anyone think that the makeout scene between S and D is a dream sequence that Blair wrote something about in her diary.

I hadn't thought of that, but it could be. But we need to remember that although the four or five takes at about 7 to 11 seconds look like they're all from one scene, that doesn't have to be true.

Snapshots

Snapshots

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

5x24 sneak peek

Edited by Snapshots, May 9, 2012 @ 9:58 PM.

LovesLove

LovesLove

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

5x24 Producer's Preview

Snapshots

Snapshots

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

Safran's comment in the Producer's Preview "The love triangle will be resolved, one way or another" kinda pisses me off. I'm getting less and less sure we'll get an actual decision from Blair and it will be more like the end of season 4 when the decision was made for her (i.e. Chuck deciding that she'd be with Louis".

If she thinks Dan has cheated on her and just runs to Chuck by default, I will be annoyed.

If Chuck once again decides for her and she runs to Dan by default, I will be annoyed.

If both of them get fed up with her and she ends up alone by default, I will be annoyed, but perhaps less so.

It's gotten to the stage where I don't care who Blair chooses (Dan, Chuck, alone, Nate, Serena, Rufus, Dorota, Ivy, Monkey) but I just want to see her actually make a decision.

No Second Troy

No Second Troy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:16 AM

I agree Snapshots but the problem is she made a decision in 5x17, she made her decision and none of the issues between Chair were subsequently dealt with in a way that might change that decision. We've been given no onscreen reason why her view might have changed from 5x21.

The idea that they are even re visiting it so soon makes Blair look like a complete eejit. It's just terrible writing, even though I like Dan and Blair I preferred the more balanced dynamic in Season 4, but they dont seem to want to write that relationship, the one with wit and banter and fun; instead they have given them a challenge a week to overcome. So part of me doesn't care if she chooses Dan or not because the writers on this show cannot write a functional relationship even when they have all the building blocks. Chuck and Blair will never ever last no matter how many times they are reunited and if that's the only story they are able to tell then it's just as well the show's finishing.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

'Gossip Girl' season finale: Blair vs. Serena -- EXCLUSIVE CLIP

So there's something in Blair's past that neither Chuck nor Dan nor her minions knew about until now (and we don't know either, unless I've missed something).

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:32 AM

I wonder what the latest blast could be. Something about Louis? Perhaps Blair wrote she wasn't sure she loved EITHER of them? The weird thing is, she didn't seem THAT broken up about it, whatever it is....she just seemed more annoyed. Maybe it's something about Georgina's role in going to Monaco. hmmm.

Edited by diorella78, May 13, 2012 @ 8:47 AM.

NicolaofEarth

NicolaofEarth

Video Archivist

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

So there's something in Blair's past that neither Chuck nor Dan nor her minions knew about until now (and we don't know either, unless I've missed something).

Wild guess: she didn't lose the baby.

And before I declare myself insane - if the writers are capable of pulling dumb shit like
bringing back Bart Bass from the dead then they're capable of doing absolutely ANYTHING.

Orwell1984

Orwell1984

Video Archivist

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

At least it would explain why she didn't seem to be mounring her loss. So yay continuity?? Of course boo continuity b/c her baby would have to have been born premature somewhere outside NYC - Monaco/France and be raised in secret away from her and Chuck. Knowing Chuck's parental/abdonment issues, I can't see that she would do that. Of course stranger things have happened!

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

I was thinking that maybe in 1.13, when Blair had the pregnancy scare, she really was pregnant, and had an abortion. On second thought, I don't like this idea much.

Philharmanic

Philharmanic

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

First Season 6 description:

Season six opens with the Upper East Siders working together to find one of their own. Serena has gone off the grid, beyond even the reach of Gossip Girl. Her friends fear for the worst and hope for the best, but even they canít imagine where they will ultimately find her. Meanwhile, Blair has offered Chuck her heart, but is her love enough to help him win back his empire? Lonely Boy Dan has written a new book that promises to make even more trouble than the first, and this time he has no desire to remain anonymous. Nate is determined to finally reveal the true identity of Gossip Girl, thereby making a name for The Spectator, and himself. Lily and Rufus turn on one another when Rufus makes a surprising new ally who threatens Lily and her family. Anywhere else it would be too much drama to handle, but this is the Upper East Side. And when Bart Bass, Jack Bass and Georgina Sparks show up to raise hell, itís a fight to the spectacular series finale. Who comes out on top? Thatís one secret Iíll never tellÖ xoxo, Gossip Girl.

Source

Haha. Again with Blair not being enough. This show is so vile.

dreamdair

dreamdair

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

At this point, who really cares about Blair and her choices after the finale. Move on and find better storylines if that's possible. Hope Dan is able to find Serena and bring her back to peace. I will never know since my time will not be invested in S6.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

The Season 6 mostly just repeats what is already clear from 5.24. There are a couple of exceptions:

Serena has gone off the grid, beyond even the reach of Gossip Girl. Her friends fear for the worst and hope for the best, but even they canít imagine where they will ultimately find her.

I'm considering some ideas of where Serena's friends might find her, but my nagging fear is that it won't make any difference.

Lily and Rufus turn on one another when Rufus makes a surprising new ally who threatens Lily and her family

I can only hope the ally isn't Ivy, which would be no surprise at all.

catmax99

catmax99

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

but even they canít imagine where they will ultimately find her

Santorini? Ostroff Center?

Again with Blair not being enough. This show is so vile.

It says if her love is enough to help Chuck, not if she is enough. I think they are trying to be vague so as to keep whether they reunite a secret.

Lonely Boy Dan has written a new book that promises to make even more trouble than the first, and this time he has no desire to remain anonymous.

Didn't Dan already rake everyone through the coals the first time? I mean Chuck ended up accidentally killing himself with a scarf, and Serena was apparently this awful flake who went from man to man. Even Rufus got skewered. What could he do that would make them look any worse- all except Blair, that is.

jr352

jr352

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

Didn't Dan already rake everyone through the coals the first time? I mean Chuck ended up accidentally killing himself with a scarf, and Serena was apparently this awful flake who went from man to man. Even Rufus got skewered. What could he do that would make them look any worse- all except Blair, that is.

Somebody on the episode thread said it best, what's left to be revealed at this point? Serena was willing to leak her own sex tape just to get one up over on Blair (Although I still maintain that's more bad writing than actual characterization).

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

The Ostroff Center is the first place S's friends would think of. Santorini, maybe.

Limabean

Limabean

Channel Surfer

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:28 AM

Serena has gone off the grid, beyond even the reach of Gossip Girl. Her friends fear for the worst and hope for the best, but even they canít imagine where they will ultimately find her.

The Ostroff Center is the first place S's friends would think of. Santorini, maybe.

If they really want to make it surprising, they should have Serena enrolled at Brown (or some college). No one would EVER think to look for her there! I mean, why would any of these kids be at college?

Philharmanic

Philharmanic

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

It says if her love is enough to help Chuck, not if she is enough.

Tomato toMAto for me. That sounds like S3 all.over.again.

Chuck made a total regression in the finale. That was the same damn thing Chuck has been facing (and, in turn, Chair) since S1. Bart says something to Chuck, he does something awful to Blair:

S1 - Bart calls out Chuck, he abandons Blair in Italy
S2 - Bart dies, Chuck tells Blair awful things and goes off the grid
S3 - Ghost Bart shows up and Chuck trades Blair for a hotel
S4 - Russell tells Chuck Bart was a lie and Chuck winds up drunk and smashing a window that cuts Blair's face
S5 - Bart tells Chuck Blair isn't worth it, Chuck tells her she's not enough, etc.

WHEN WILL IT END?!

And to me, it is saying Blair isn't enough, because that seemed to be the direction they were going in the last two Chair scenes. It's just so unnerving at this point. Not my kind of "love story" at all.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

I think he's counting on Georgina to provide further scandal, though I think he'll get something he didn't bargain for.

The series stars Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen, Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf, Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey, Chace Crawford as Nate Archibald, Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass, Kaylee Defer as Charlie Rhodes, Kelly Rutherford as Lily van der Woodsen and Matthew Settle as Rufus Humphrey. Filmed in New York and based on the popular series of young-adult novels by Cecily von Ziegesar, GOSSIP GIRL is from Fake Empire and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Josh Schwartz ("Chuck," "The O.C."), Stephanie Savage ("The O.C."), Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries"), Bob Levy ("The Vampire Diaries") and Sara Goodman ("Reunion").

source

Why does CW itself still call Kaylee Defer's character "Charlie Rhodes"?

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

Lily and Rufus turn on one another when Rufus makes a surprising new ally who threatens Lily and her family.

If "threatens" is meant literally, it seems that Rufus will get himself involved with something much worse than he knows. But also, what family does Lily have left? Her sister and niece hate her (for good reason), Serena is MIA, and Scott hasn't been heard from for two years (and I predict won't be); that just leaves Eric, who I suppose is still around although invisible.

SmilingGoat

SmilingGoat

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

I suppose the "family" they're referring to in this case would be Bart and Chuck.

L star

L star

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

I'm guessing they mean Bart, Chuck, Serena and Eric. Just because Serena and Eric aren't around doesn't mean they can't have Lily feeling like they are being threatened. I'm curious how long Serena will have been gone for. Will Lily be freaking out too? On one hand, she may not be. Serena is an adult and she no longer lives at home so Lily probably doesn't even know the extent of it. On the other, you never know what they might have Lily freaking out about.

The two stories I'm most interested in are the two Van Der Woodsen stories. I'm curious where Serena will be. More than that, I'm curious what state she'll be in when they find her. Rufus teaming up with an enemy of Lily's to go after her is low. I realize he's probably feeling scorned but really. I hope this decreases the possibility of TPTB throwing them back together in the end. Bart should crush Rufus like a bug.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

New promo.

Since this is on the CWTelevision Youtube channel, it must be official. I especially like Georgina's line "And I'm the weird one?". She has a point.

I wonder if the talk of "Sabrina" in the promo is connected with what Gossip Girl said in the S5 finale: "As far as I'm concerned Serena van der Woodsen does not exist". Did GG know something we didn't?

Edited by Light of Night, Sep 10, 2012 @ 6:48 PM.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

The still pictures for episode 6.02 are now out.

Edited by Light of Night, Sep 24, 2012 @ 5:12 PM.

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

Promo pictures for 6.03 Dirty Rotten Scandals

catmax99

catmax99

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

Promotional poster for s6.