Spotted: Promos, Sneak Peaks & Promo Pictures Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2977 replies to this topic

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:28 AM

The synopsis for 5.22 sounds like the first good one in a long time. NJBC working together. YES!!! I am excited to see the actual friendships that are the core of the show again. I have been waiting for this all season!
Let the road to the finale start now. This reminds me so much of season 2 which had one of my favorite finales.

I am shipping Dan/Rome hardcore! Stop teasing me writers. I would love it if Dan said no because of Blair. Please make that happen. Nothing says true love like not being able to let your significant other out of your sight.

Raiders of the lost art, or maybe the lost Bart. Fingers crossed for some Bart Bass

seethesun

seethesun

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

Yeah, first NJBC interaction this whole season? So ready for this! And I completely agree, Prinnie, that Art = Bart. They'll probably figure out he's still alive by the end of the episode. I just hope Chuck doesn't go to Blair for help again. She will hopefully see her (ex?) best friends all working together for a cause and feel left out, thus finally give into their pull and join them.

L star

L star

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Does anyone know how many eps there are this season? Is Raiders of the Lost Art the finale?

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

No there are two more after Raiders of the Lost Art, 24 in all. The season finale will be on May 14 (barring the unforeseen).

L star

L star

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Thanks for the info!

Christian323

Christian323

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:06 PM

I'm interested to see what direction they go in with the season finale this year. I've found that I'm a bit more interested in the season finale this year than I was for the finale of Season 4. It wouldn't bother me that much if they decided to go with the Chair route again. I know, it's been baited with a stick for years now but the show is always going to be centered around the two.

Has the show officially been renewed for a sixth season? I really hope that because it'll be the last season that they'll go back to their routes and show the main cast interacting more with one another. I don't understand why the likes of Nate is constantly interacting with guest stars. Most likely Lola will be gone by next season (fingers crossed) so I hope they even try re-kindle Nate's romance with Serena.

I enjoyed the two as a couple with one another and I'm annoyed that their relationship was so short-lived. Again, I wish Jenny was still a character on the show to make Nate somewhat relevant to the main cast. However I'm thankful Vanessa is no longer apart of the show. No one ever mentions her anymore, mainly because no one wants her back. Such an irrelevant, useless character. Jessica Szhor was possibly one of the worst actresses they could have cast for the role.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

Promo pictures for 5.21, Despicable B.

Although Lola vowed she was through with the UES at the end of 5.20, there she is again.

Edited by Light of Night, Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:42 AM.

LadyGuGu

LadyGuGu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

The synopsis for 5.22 sounds like the first good one in a long time. NJBC working together. YES!!! I am excited to see the actual friendships that are the core of the show again. I have been waiting for this all season!
Let the road to the finale start now. This reminds me so much of season 2 which had one of my favorite finales.

I am shipping Dan/Rome hardcore! Stop teasing me writers. I would love it if Dan said no because of Blair. Please make that happen. Nothing says true love like not being able to let your significant other out of your sight.

Raiders of the lost art, or maybe the lost Bart. Fingers crossed for some Bart Bass

My sentimentals exactly. I am craving for NJBC scenes, friendship and take downs for a long time. Sounds like exiting. Dan can go where ever he wants. LOL.

On the other hand "Despicable B" is such an episode title that suits current situation, IMO. Loved it.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

Synopsis for 5.23, The Fugitives.

"GOSSIP GIRL" — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
"The Fugitives" (TV-14, L) (HDTV)

SERENA POSES AS BLAIR AT AN IMPORTANT MEETING — Blair (Leighton Meester) enlists Serena (Blake Lively) to be her stand-in at an important meeting when Blair finds herself needing to be in two places at the same time. Meanwhile, Ivy (Kaylee DeFer) and Lola (guest star Ella Rae Peck) team up to help Chuck (Ed Westwick) with a personal vendetta, and Nate (Chace Crawford) makes a decision about the future with Diana Payne (guest star Elizabeth Hurley). Penn Badgley also stars. Andy Wolk directed the episode written by Matt Whitney (#523).

Edited by Light of Night, Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:57 AM.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:31 AM

5x23 sounds really interesting. How much should I wager Serena effs up whatever she has to do to help Blair? lol. I wonder who Chuck's vendetta is against, it could be so many people!

Aftershock

Aftershock

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:03 AM

NJBC is back, why am I not more excited? It’s the save Chuck Club it seems this time, Serena is the only other option. Why didn’t they convene when Blair’s life was a mess? She knows better. It’ll fun watching them fail again though.

Not looking forward to 23, this is the time of the season when it starts making even less sense than usual. Already looks contrived by that ep description. This is where Blair feels 'compelled' to help Chuck after he payed the dowry, sacrificing herself again, sad pattern.

Edited by Aftershock, Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:28 AM.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:13 AM

Not looking forward to 23, this is the time of the season when it starts making even less sense than usual. Already looks contrived by that ep description. This is where Blair feels 'compelled' to help Chuck after he payed the dowry, sacrificing herself again, sad pattern.

I think you meant 5x22; 5x23 has Ivy and Lola helping Chuck.

Aftershock

Aftershock

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:31 AM

Why can't Blair make her important meeting. I'll be very surprised if I'm wrong, hope I am, two steps back for Blair again.

catmax99

catmax99

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

All kinds of surprises in the 5.23 description.

Ivy is back! and she and Lola are teaming up to help Chuck? I don't remember a scene Chuck has with either so far, so am wondering what happens between now and then to motivate them to help him. Maybe they have a vendetta against whoever Chuck is going up against-but who could that be? One of the Van der Woodsens? Maybe the Chuck/Ivy rumblings really will go somewhere.

5x23 sounds really interesting. How much should I wager Serena effs up whatever she has to do to help Blair?

I think the chances are good! Also, what kind of meeting is this where the people don't know what Serena and Blair look like. It would be one thing if Serena was filling in for Ivy or Lola, but she and Blair look NOTHING alike.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

Why can't Blair make her important meeting. I'll be very surprised if I'm wrong, hope I am, two steps back for Blair again.

Ahh, yes I get your point there. It's very likely, I imagine. same old, same old.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

Also, what kind of meeting is this where the people don't know what Serena and Blair look like. It would be one thing if Serena was filling in for Ivy or Lola, but she and Blair look NOTHING alike.

But in 1.05, Jenny got away with pretending to be Blair. Maybe Serena will wear a brunette wig, reversing what Jane Russell's character did in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. I have to agree, though, that assuming whoever it is wouldn't recognize either Serena or Blair is assuming a lot.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 1:17 AM

Promotional Pictures for 5.22, Raiders of the Lost Art.

Producers Preview for 5.21, Despicable B.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:57 AM

Sneak Peek for 5.22, Raiders of the Lost Art.

I love this. Chuck knows someone with that special level of crazy. So does Nate, but he hasn't put it together.

SmilingGoat

SmilingGoat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

Synopsis for 5.24:

“GOSSIP GIRL” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“The Return of the Ring” (TV-14, S) (HDTV)

BLAIR MAKES A CHOICE BETWEEN THE TWO MEN IN HER LIFE — When Gossip Girl goes after Blair (Leighton Meester) as she’s never done before, Serena (Blake Lively) admits she may have unintentionally played an important role in Blair’s latest nightmare. Meanwhile, Nate (Chace Crawford) invites Lola (guest star Ella Rae Peck) to move in with him, and Lily (Kelly Rutherford) must make a big decision about the future of her marriage. Finally, by episode’s end, Blair will make a choice between the two men in her life…will it be Chuck (Ed Westwick) or will it be Dan (Penn Badgley)? Kaylee DeFer and Matthew Settle also star. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Sara Goodman (#524).

So I guess this whole "finding herself" business with Blair is really about "choosing between two men". Good Times!

dreamdair

dreamdair

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

"The Return of the ring" - I assuming Blair decided to return to Chuck. My assumption is based on the fact that Chuck initially propose to Blair with an expensive diamond ring sometime back.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

The synopses for the last three episodes of the season don't mention Carol or William vdW. It's likely William has fled the country (again), but what about Carol? I hope she isn't sitting in jail, forgotten.

dreamdair

dreamdair

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

Hmmm...my other assumption based on the finale title could mean that Dan would propose to Blair which he says "I Love You." but of course Blair is not ready yet. But I know this assumption is way off :-).

Actually, I guess I'm not that far off. Someone had mentioned before Blair got married in the 100th episode, Dan had box and in it was a ring. I guess it was the ring that Rufus bought for Lily or something. He intended to propose to Blair but the timing was wrong.

Edited by dreamdair, Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:04 PM.

catmax99

catmax99

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

So I guess this whole "finding herself" business with Blair is really about "choosing between two men". Good Times!

Ha! I'm not surprised, though, as I never believe Blair's bullshit.

I am surprised, though, that somehow in three episodes Chuck becomes an option for her again? I really don't care who she ends up with, but storytelling-wise, I'm going to need a lot in the next 2 weeks to make me believe some big choice between Dan and Chuck isn't really, really forced from out of nowhere. God this show sucks.

stopthestatic

stopthestatic

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:46 AM

Well clearly this will be the cliffhanger for the season. They're gonna leave us hanging on who Blair chooses.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

Actually, I guess I'm not that far off. Someone had mentioned before Blair got married in the 100th episode, Dan had box and in it was a ring. I guess it was the ring that Rufus bought for Lily or something. He intended to propose to Blair but the timing was wrong.

If that's the case I'll stop watching. Not because i'm anti-DAIR, but really...they just got together. I don't care how long lonely boy's been pining for Miss Blair....another marriage for Blair in her already ridiculous life would be so OTT at this point, IMO. My comment is directed towards the scenario, not the quoted poster. :)

I am surprised, though, that somehow in three episodes Chuck becomes an option for her again? I really don't care who she ends up with, but storytelling-wise, I'm going to need a lot in the next 2 weeks to make me believe some big choice between Dan and Chuck isn't really, really forced from out of nowhere. God this show sucks.

This too. I was surprised reading the synopsis as well.

Edited by diorella78, Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:05 AM.

No Second Troy

No Second Troy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:54 AM

If that's the case I'll stop watching. Not because i'm anti-DAIR, but really...they just got together. I don't care how long lonely boy's been pining for Miss Blair....another marriage for Blair in her already ridiculous life would be so OTT at this point, IMO. My comment is directed towards the scenario, not the quoted poster. :)

They only been going out for a couple on months at most- it would be ludicrous for Dan to propose and I would find it very hard to believe

I don't think it would be believable that Chuck would propose either

So would I given recent episodes. I'm not particularly interested in endgames either, especially if there is another season to go but what is going to change in the next two episodes that is going to make her reconsider getting back with Chuck. It makes little sense to me.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:46 AM

Producers' Preview for 5.22, Raiders of the Lost Art.

Josh Safran says this is probably the biggest surprise of the year. I'm tempted to say it had better be.

Hat tip to "not the ggwriters".

Edited by Light of Night, Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:58 AM.

waitingfor

waitingfor

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:48 AM

I think the speculation is that Bart Bass is alive. Blair is the one to find out and can't tell anyone but Chuck. Dan is uncomfortable with their spending time together as a result of this new development. He tells Blair he loves her, but she assumes he's saying it out of jealousy and not much else so she doesn't reciprocate. He is heartbroken and leaves for Rome. She realizes too late that she wanted to say it. Then CeCe's ghost kills them all and writes a musical about it which Safran uses for his upcoming work on Smash. Or something like that.

SmilingGoat

SmilingGoat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 5:32 AM

All I know is given what happened with the Royal Wedding fiasco, NO ONE should be proposing marriage anytime soon but most of all to Blair!

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

From the producers' preview, it seems Blair takes in the situation at a glance. I don't think Bart is alive (that would too far out) but I don't have another suggestion, unless Chuck has an identical twin, which is only a little less far out. Perhaps Bart appears through a recording, but I don't see why that would be an OMG moment.