Spotted: Promos, Sneak Peaks & Promo Pictures Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2977 replies to this topic

Chanel Bag

Chanel Bag

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 8:27 AM

Post and discuss all promos, sneak peaks, promo or set pics here!! This way we don't clog up the spoiler threads with our speculation based upon them. If this isn't okay Mars/Bayliss, feel free to delete!!

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 8:59 AM

Check out the preview called Slap. I'm pretty sure there's only one slap, which is looped.

beetlebume

beetlebume

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 9:31 AM

New promo pics for The Grandfather.

Damn, this is way too pretty.

Mitzi30

Mitzi30

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 10:00 AM

Based on the poster, it appears that the take me now promo consists of scenes from the Grandfather episode. I wonder if that is true for all 3 of that set of promos - the slap promo definitely seems so as well.

Edited by Mitzi30, Feb 25, 2009 @ 10:06 AM.

poppy82

poppy82

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 2:50 PM

Based on the poster, it appears that the take me now promo consists of scenes from the Grandfather episode. I wonder if that is true for all 3 of that set of promos - the slap promo definitely seems so as well.

Yes, it also looks like the outfit B's wearing in the "take me" promo, so are all 3 at Nate's Grandfather's house? B pushes Chuck up against a wall with lots of busts and gold framed pictures, so that would make sense. And Nate's wearing a blazer with a crest in the poster, which looks a lot like the blazer Chuck find's at B's in the Bass-Talk promo (also, same bow-tie outfit from when Blair sexes up Chuck).

kristinw704

kristinw704

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 5:05 PM

There is another new promo on the cwtv website. http://cwtv.com/cw-v.../?play=425-5272

Looks pretty interesting to say the least.

valentina09

valentina09

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 5:37 PM

It does look interesting. However, this show has done much to shake my confidence in it since the last 3 episodes. I haven't been intrigued and excited to watch it since the end of the Realm of the Basses when Blair talked Chuck off the ledge.

It looks like they're going to get back on track and the EWS plot will be wrapped up and less than a blip, more like a beep in the plot before Chuck is back in Blair's orbit and looking for her.

Likewise with the teacher hookup, that too is done after the next episode. I bet they spend maybe 1 or 2 scenes wrapping the EWS nonsense while Dan's teacher plot is wrapped up by the end of the next episode. The fallout from that probably happens in The Grandfather, when Serena slaps him. It also looks like there is a party that Serena throws for Jenny, which also happens in that episode. It takes place in Lily's apt., where lots of action happens. And it does appear, at least from the promo, that Blair and Chuck have sex when she attacks him. Which is totally in character for both of them, esp. Chuck, who seems anxious to get her back. I was expecting that to happen instead of him rejecting her, as people were predicting.

I bet there is something that messes with them after they have sex that puts Blair back with Nate somehow. Wow, that truly is an OMG. But I'm glad we get the sexcapades back in the show b/t B&C.

Mitzi30

Mitzi30

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 6:25 PM

I am officially confused by all of these promos...Blair and Carter, Blair and Nate and Blair and Chuck...it looks like Blair and Carter are during next episode (the Where's Waldorf one); Blair and Chuck during the Grandfather and I can't tell but the Blair and Nate one also looks like it may be during the Grandfather based on Blair's necklaces.

ETA - I think it may be Dan and Miss Carr that B&N walk in on.

Edited by Mitzi30, Feb 25, 2009 @ 6:29 PM.

deinira

deinira

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 6:38 PM

I'm not loving this promo. Blair is totally out of control, and it really weirds me out. I do think it's slightly hilarious that Chuck says, "I'm losing her," or whatever it is he says. Have you been in the past few episodes, Chuck? You lost her like forever ago. Are you really only just now noticing? I'm a C/B shipper, but how is he just now figuring this out?

I'm not convinced that it is Chuck and Blair that are in bed together. If it's not, all I can say is, "Oh, Chuck." How can he be bummed out over Blair one minute and sleeping with someone else the next? Perhaps this happens after he finds her with Carter...or maybe it really is Blair with him.

Finally, am I the only person that thinks the Carter-Blair hookup is strange? Last season, Carter barely even looked at her; it was clear he was much more interested in Serena, with whom he obviously shares some kind of history. I guess they run into each other at the bar and Carter takes advantage, thereby getting revenge on Chuck, but it still seems really odd to me. Why on earth would Blair do things just because some random guy tells her to?

Edited by deinira, Feb 25, 2009 @ 6:39 PM.

rirose

rirose

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 7:14 PM

Finally, am I the only person that thinks the Carter-Blair hookup is strange?

Nope. I feel like real-life hookups are influencing the show - kind of a "ha ha, we are soooo meta" thing. See Chuck and Vanessa interaction in the same promo...

catmax99

catmax99

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 8:28 PM

I'm not convinced that it is Chuck and Blair that are in bed together. If it's not, all I can say is, "Oh, Chuck." How can he be bummed out over Blair one minute and sleeping with someone else the next? Perhaps this happens after he finds her with Carter...or maybe it really is Blair with him.

I don't think that is Blair either- I tried to pause it (sad, I know) and it didn't look like her, but I can't be 100% sure. I think it's totally in character for Chuck to go sleep with someone else even if he is sad about losing Blair. Sex for him isn't usually about feelings. I think he uses both sex and drugs to forget things, like his feelings for Blair, and I bet he would totally try to find someone to have sex with when he was upset about her. That shot of him walking out while Blair is with Carter is wow.

I do think it's slightly hilarious that Chuck says, "I'm losing her," or whatever it is he says. Have you been in the past few episodes, Chuck? You lost her like forever ago. Are you really only just now noticing? I'm a C/B shipper, but how is he just now figuring this out?

I agree that he is about 3 episodes late on realizing this, did the flowers in the elevator not hit it home for him? On the one hand this is annoying, and lazy writing or plotting or whatever. On the other hand, I am glad that at least he is recognizing it and acknowledging it. It's a make-up of sorts, but I'm happy to at least finally see him upset about it rather than traipsing around looking for random nannies.

Otherwise, these promos have my head totally spinning. Serena slapping Dan is totally awesome- I wonder what prompts it?!?! I'm glad we are getting back to parties where everyone is together, and totally wtf moments like Blair stealing sunglasses. Ugh, March 16th seems so far away.

Pixels

Pixels

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 10:31 PM

I do think it's slightly hilarious that Chuck says, "I'm losing her," or whatever it is he says. Have you been in the past few episodes, Chuck? You lost her like forever ago.

It is funny that her walking in on him with prostitutes and cocaine wouldn't have made him come to that conclusion. She told him she loved him and he hurt her with it. I don't see it as him losing her, but he threw her away.

kristinw704

kristinw704

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 10:39 PM

I agree completely with your post, Catmaxx. I am beginning to think that the five extra episodes really switched up what was going to happen with the season. Maybe the teacher storyline was added and because of those episodes we had so much time between the last C/B interaction? Or, it is just sloppy.

Regardless, I am really hoping that GG will not disappoint with these episodes and also that they keep everyone within character. I really will be so upset to see Blair get in trouble with the law if she gets caught shoplifting. I guess this is the downward spiral and so being ooc (out of character) is actually very in character.

I just want to see a snippet of what ties up the Jack/Blair storyline. Since they decided to make him a angry attempted rapist with the Lily storyline, I really hope it is not that they had sex. That would be icky, but, again, I would just appreciate the loose end being tied before the season ends.

deinira

deinira

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 11:00 PM

Yeah, I still can't bring myself to be worked up about Chuck's actions after his father died. That was clearly a devastating experience for him, and although I was glad to see Blair remove herself from the situation, I can't bring myself to believe that he threw her away. People do all kinds of fucked up things when someone you love (and someone whose approval you sought your whole life but never got) dies. I've seen it in my own family, and one of my best friends (boyfriend at the time) went off the deep end when his father died. I often think that people are always holding Chuck to some kind of standard that is unfair. He was so far gone that I don't think it's fair of people to demand that he put Blair's feelings first. People seem to think that in 2.15 he should have been completely over everything, even though in the episode before he was going to throw himself off of a rooftop. The drugs and alcohol that were present (and of course, the women), prove that Chuck didn't magically heal between 2.14 and 2.15. He was certainly in a better place than he had been, but he seemed to be coming up out of the spiral, as opposed to being out of it entirely. I also always wonder why so many of Chuck's actions seem irredeemable to many people, regardless of the circumstances, but people like Nate get a free pass. Nate slept with Serena of his own free will, he didn't have any extraneous circumstances at the time that would make him act out, and he was in love with her for like a year, all the while pushing his girlfriend away. He treated Blair pretty badly for at least a year, and yet people still think that their relationship is like a fairy-tale. I just can't understand.

Anyway, I think I went a bit off topic there, which I didn't mean to do, but to say a few other things about the promos, what are the timelines people think are going on?

play, carter at bar, serena & chuck blair hunt in 2.18?
chuck finds blair and carter together, is sad and worried about losing her, and kisses Blair in 2.19...nate's family also play important role - 2.19?
party at Serena's, Nate and Blair on the bed (I still want to know how this fits in, because it seriously looks like she's just grabbing any random guy and trying to seduce him), more family problems - 2.20?

There's a lot that I can't seem to work out. I just hope we don't have to deal with Blair's meltdown for too long, because I don't like what I have been seeing of her. I just don't understand what spurs her to do such a complete 180. Carter? Because that seems lame.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 11:58 PM

Finally, am I the only person that thinks the Carter-Blair hookup is strange? Last season, Carter barely even looked at her; it was clear he was much more interested in Serena, with whom he obviously shares some kind of history. I guess they run into each other at the bar and Carter takes advantage, thereby getting revenge on Chuck, but it still seems really odd to me.

On Carter's side, it could make sense: seducing Blair could be his revenge on both Chuck and Nate. It's not nice, but we have evidence Carter isn't a nice man.

hurtville

hurtville

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 12:34 AM

What I find kind of interesting about this little slut spiral from Blair (and her apparent intent to have Chuck witness it) - is that no matter what's gone down between the two of them, Chuck always feels like it's fine for him to fuck around with any girl on the beach or prostitute or whatever. I'm sure he thinks it's okay because he's Chuck Bass and that's just how Chuck Bass rolls.

What'll be interesting to watch, is that Chuck will see Blair acting like he does for once - sex for sex's sake... doesn't matter who with. And hopefully he gets upset. When he does - Blair can finally say, "hurts, doesn't it?"

eyesglow

eyesglow

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 3:26 AM

What I find kind of interesting about this little slut spiral from Blair (and her apparent intent to have Chuck witness it) - is that no matter what's gone down between the two of them, Chuck always feels like it's fine for him to fuck around with any girl on the beach or prostitute or whatever. I'm sure he thinks it's okay because he's Chuck Bass and that's just how Chuck Bass rolls.

The difference to me is that Chuck doesn't sleep around with the intent of Blair catching him. Blair clearly seems to be with Carter in that promo to hurt Chuck, just like she did with Marcus. I don't actually think Chuck has a double standard in a normal way - more like he is just scared of actually losing Blair to another guy in a feelings capacity.

Mitzi30

Mitzi30

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 7:10 AM

Deinira you timing of events per episode match mine. I was thinking Nate and Blair may have happened in Grandfather but on rewatch her hair is different so 2.20 fits better for that scene.

I am having a very hard time picturing what sends Blair into her spiral...the only thing I can guess is Nelly Yuki telling her everyone hates her - her minions rebelling and talking back to her may just be too much. She is down, can't believe the lack of love and respect she is shown by all around and then in swoops Carter...seducing Blair is the perfect revenge on Chuck (though how does he know that?)

Light of Night the last promo has Carter saying "revenge never tasted so sweet" as a voice over to the scene where Chuck is walking away from Blair and Carter. I just don't get why 1. Carter wants such deep revenge on Chuck (it's not like Chuck pressed charges for Carter stealing from him and it was Nate that hit him at the deb ball) and 2. how he knows Blair is the means to inflict this revenge.

Edited by Mitzi30, Feb 26, 2009 @ 7:25 AM.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 9:02 AM

The promo has Carter speaking of victory, not revenge, so he could mean something quite different. But I think Carter knows Chuck put Nate up to punching him (one of Chuck's worst mistakes, by the way). He could have learned it from Serena or he could have figured it out for himself, as Blair did.

Mitzi30

Mitzi30

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 9:23 AM

The promo has Carter speaking of victory, not revenge,

I stand corrected, just re-watched it and you are right...

mezz98

mezz98

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 11:57 AM

I dunno. I think the promo monkeys are screwing with us (or maybe Iím just jaded from years of watching Greyís Anatomy promos). I will say Iím intrigued by what Iíve seen in the promos. Iím cautiously hopeful that Blairís arc in the next few episodes will be more about her and less about who sheís with. ďThe old Blair will be dead and goneĒ has piqued my curiosity. Does that mean she no longer wants Yale and the life that comes along with it? That statement seems to be hinting at some sort of existential crisis for Blair; and (even though I adore CB), Iím less concerned about that relationship than I am about Blair and a possible downward spiral.

And still no hints about the big Blair/Jack secret-lol.

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 1:08 PM

Pictures from the set of Ed and Leighton.

From Feb 25

edit: there are about 3 or 4 groups of pictures of them on various posts at at the source, so check them all out!

Edited by Detsl, Feb 26, 2009 @ 1:11 PM.

Chanel Bag

Chanel Bag

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 1:39 PM

awww Leighton looks so pretty. Wish that that was BLAIR leaning on CHUCK but the huge bulky It's-freezing-out-here-let's-keep-her-warm coat makes it clear that that is Ed and Leighton, not their alter egos. Although Ed's smirk feels very Bass-esque to me.

ETA: Nevermind, upon closer inspection, they are spying on someone and Blair is taking a photo presumably to send to Gossip Girl. SQUEE! Are Blair and Chuck back to scheming together??? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Edited by Chanel Bag, Feb 26, 2009 @ 1:41 PM.

annakat

annakat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 2:08 PM

I think the first few are from an actual scene and then it seems to be between takes when Blair's hat dissapears and then returns. So yay! It looks like they are scheming together. Wonder if it's willingly...

Pixels

Pixels

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 2:40 PM

I like the smirk/look on Chuck's face. What ever they are doing, he's pleased with himself and having fun.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 10:57 PM

That statement seems to be hinting at some sort of existential crisis for Blair; and (even though I adore CB), Iím less concerned about that relationship than I am about Blair and a possible downward spiral.

It seems to me that Blair is reverting to the past - not her past, but Serena's. She walks into traffic just as Serena did in the Thankgiving flashback (Blair Waldorf Must Pie), and when she says "So call security" I can't help thinking that Serena is going to cover for her just as she used to cover for Serena.

Edited by Light of Night, Feb 26, 2009 @ 10:59 PM.

Duplikate

Duplikate

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2009 @ 6:55 PM

Promo Pics

Promo Pictures of 2.19 The Grandfather.

chocoTeddy

chocoTeddy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2009 @ 4:15 AM

E!Online's Kristin posted three Sneak Peeks for 2.18.

Aymery

Aymery

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2009 @ 9:41 AM

I cried at the first two of those sneak peeks. I can't stand Serena continually making an ass of herself for some loser who isn't even cute! Gah! Please, writers, break her out of this vicious cycle, and let her find someone worthy. And the blatant attempt to make Vanessa seem awesome is so not working.

I loved the return of Carter, even if it seems tied into that godawful EWS storyline.

Edited by Aymery, Mar 7, 2009 @ 9:43 AM.

deinira

deinira

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2009 @ 10:54 AM

Why on earth would Serena be interested in this guy? Is she just desperate to latch onto someone so she and Dan can be even? He's horrible, she has nothing in common with him, and he does not seem at all fun to hang out with. So why would she be interested? To the point where Vanessa is helping her via an earpiece? That seems ridiculous to me. I generally like Serena (though I really thought she was awful after Bart's death), and she shouldn't have to pursue such lame, pretentious guys (remember Aaron?). Guys should be falling all over themselves to go out with her, not the other way around.

Vanessa will never be likeable, IMO. I don't hate her the way so many people seem to, but I don't like her. She seems like such an unnecessary character. I thought she and Nate were kind of cute in the last episode, but that episode totally sucked, so it wasn't hard for them to stand out as something remotely okay.

I still hate the EWS storyline. I can't believe that Chuck is still acting so concerned over someone he barely knows, and I really don't care if he unravels this mystery or not. I initially thought that Carter might be somehow involved, which might have made the story more interesting, but this sneak peek indicates that he just happens to be there.

Argg...I guess I will tune in for next week's episode. I hope that the EWS and Vanessa de Bergerac plots are not front and center, but I guess they will be.