Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

441 replies to this topic

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 3:33 PM

Spoiler-y!

While A Coyote

While A Coyote

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2009 @ 11:32 PM

Hey! Is there an Echo in here?

Heh.

Here's a few spoilers I've picked up.

--The Dollhouse is located in Los Angeles.

--Episode 2 is called "Target". Eliza is apparently scantily clad in this one. People who have seen this episode are saying it's FAR better than the Pilot. And yes, they mean the REVISED Pilot, now named "Ghost", which some say is even worse than the original Pilot (which was called "Echo").

--Echo's original name is "Caroline". This comes into play because FBI Paul Ballard encounters the Dollhouse because he's trying to find Caroline.

--Amy Acker's character, Claire Saunders, is badly scarred on her face and has a very nervous demeanor.

--There's an ARG (alternate reality game) out there already for this show and it contains spoilery stuff. The address is AdelleDewitt.com. The username and password are "adelle" and "wipe".

--The Dollhouse is very aggressive with their clients. Basically they tell them if an Active (the term for a deployed Doll, I guess) comes to harm, then either the client or someone in the family will come to much worse harm. If a client tips off an Active in any way as to what they are, then the mission, the Active, the money the client paid, and probably the client's remaining time on Earth, all go bye bye.

One review I read compared the show, unflatteringly, to "My Own Worst Enemy".

Edited by While A Coyote, Feb 12, 2009 @ 11:45 PM.

MBenzN

MBenzN

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2009 @ 12:35 PM

--Amy Acker's character, Claire Saunders, is badly scarred on her face and has a very nervous demeanor.

And that this has something to do with the former active Alpha.

moonwater

moonwater

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2009 @ 4:30 PM

Watch With Kristin Interviews with ED, JW and others

Janinne

Janinne

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2009 @ 4:43 PM

So I read that the character of November is out (for now) but that her portrayer is staying in another role where she could be a possible love interest for Paul. Hmmm, anyone heard anything else? I thought Paul was Echo's love interest?

I wonder if Eliza/Tahmonh(?) didn't have the chemistry and he did with the other actress. That would prove my sister's theory that Eliza never has chemistry with the male she acts opposite lol.

Sabra

Sabra

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2009 @ 6:58 PM

IIRC the actress playing November now plays Paul's FBI partner who has a crush on him. As far as the Eliza/Tahmoh chemistry, Joss said they had loads of chemistry, so we'll see.

While A Coyote

While A Coyote

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 2:50 AM

Not terribly detailed as "Spoilers" go (there are far more from other sources), but simple TV listings sometimes are worth looking at:

Dollhouse
Target (New)

9:01 PM, 59 min
Fri 02/20/2009

Drama/Sci-Fi/Other
TV14, English, 2009
Echo becomes the target of an expert outdoorsman's hunt after she's imprinted with a persona to match his. Agent Ballard's investigation, meanwhile, is boosted by information concerning Echo's true identity. Richard O'Connell: Matt Keeslar.
Cast & Credits: Eliza Dushku, Tahmoh Penikett, Olivia Williams, Harry Lennix, Fran Kranz

Dollhouse
Stage Fright (New)

9:01 PM, 59 min
Fri 02/27/2009

Drama/Sci-Fi/Other
TV14, English, 2009
Echo provides protection to a pop star by becoming her backup singer. Ballard's investigation, meanwhile, takes a wrong turn that may prove dangerous; and Lubov has a secret.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2009 @ 10:20 AM

Lubov's secret, from what I've heard, is that he's a Doll, named Victor.

IIRC the actress playing November now plays Paul's FBI partner who has a crush on him.

Hmmm, Joss loves to put out false spoilers and play mind games with us so I wonder if his partner will turn out to be November after all.

Edited by Tricksterson, Feb 15, 2009 @ 10:31 AM.

rebelliousrose

rebelliousrose

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2009 @ 1:07 PM

I've read that Alan Tudyk is going to have a large arc later in the series.

ragincajun67

ragincajun67

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Books, Movies, good TV

Posted Feb 15, 2009 @ 2:09 PM

I'm excited to see Alan Tudyk. I hope he plays a bad guy. It is always extra creepy when a funny guy goes dark (like Robin Williams in One Hour Photo--shudder) Alan is one of those actors that I always want to see more of--both in terms of frequency and variety of roles.

Also look for Mark Sheppard--another actor who just makes every story better.

And Felicia Day, who'd better show me something other than Penny from Dr Horrible, where I fear she was the weak link.

Why, yes, I have been reading posts about this show on Whedonesque for the last year.

Sabra

Sabra

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2009 @ 2:32 PM

I wonder if his partner will turn out to be November after all.

But how long a doll impression lasts? I mean, they are not the final 5 Cylons unaware of their true! nature! Unless they start hearing music. :p

ElectricMonk

ElectricMonk

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2009 @ 4:33 PM

As far as I can tell the first pilot, "Echo", never leaked and it was tossed out despite originally being planned as the series second episode. SpoilerTV does have the script though.

Also Televisionary has a review of three of the first four episodes, including some stupid ideas: Echo as a midwife & Echo goes haywire twice more. Target (the next episode) covers Langton & Alpha. Finally it appears the first four episodes rarely bother with character development, instead preferring to have a million plot things going on sans the usual Whedon writing.

Edited by ElectricMonk, Feb 17, 2009 @ 4:33 PM.

kechara

kechara

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2009 @ 5:42 PM

That would have been a great pilot.

invisiblebob

invisiblebob

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2009 @ 6:31 PM

I wish they'd used the original pilot - 1000x better.

Obscurity

Obscurity

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2009 @ 6:45 PM

That script was amazing - I can't understand how they threw it out, because if they'd coupled it with the second episode they did end up airing... I'm not sure I could have contained my squees.

Aka Sam

Aka Sam

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2009 @ 7:05 PM

After reading through the original pilot, I now hate FOX even more for ordering a rewrite. Echo's various assignments in there all made much more sense than someone asking for a hostage negotiator Doll. Also, it built up intrigue without hitting us with any anvils ("Why don't we just ask Echo? Oh wait, that's right: she can't remember!").

The second episode was a vast improvement, but I don't look forward to seeing Echo as a midwife...

Edited by Aka Sam, Feb 21, 2009 @ 7:08 PM.

Ella Ollivander

Ella Ollivander

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2009 @ 7:35 PM

I agree -- that original script was much better. Lots of Whedon zing and nifty character moments. But I guarantee Fox came in and complained that there was too much talking and not enough action. Idiots.

Finally it appears the first four episodes rarely bother with character development, instead preferring to have a million plot things going on sans the usual Whedon writing.

This also sounds like Fox meddling... I'll keep crossing my fingers for that seventh episode where Whedon says he hit his stride. This really is just the wrong network for his stories, sigh.

justwatchintv

justwatchintv

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2009 @ 6:19 AM

Finally it appears the first four episodes rarely bother with character development, instead preferring to have a million plot things going on sans the usual Whedon writing.

Seeing as how the entire point of "The Target" was establishing Boyd's complicated relationship with Echo, I think I'm going to have to call shenanigans on this.

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2009 @ 2:10 PM

Are the reports about Alan Tudyk and Felicia Day appearing on the show accurate, or are they just speculation? On the thread for Ep. 2, there's been some random opinions about which actors from ME's past shows people would like to see appear on Dollhouse (with Jonathan Woodward and Danny Strong leading the pack, apparently), which I'm all for...but I don't know if Whedon is. I seem to recall him making some comment along the lines of not inviting "all his friends" to be on the new show as if it were "a party". Bad decision there, dude. Play to your strengths, and the pantheon of actors you used regularly in the past are definitely a strength.

I doubt that I'd say this to JW's face if I ever met him in real life, as it wouldn't be polite, but by the time BtVS S7 was mercifully over and done with, I can safely say that the only thing that kept me watching until the Bitter End was the fact that I still felt a certain loyalty to the cast, all of whom I still liked. I sure as hell couldn't claim the same thing when it came to him or the other writers on the show by that point.

invisiblebob

invisiblebob

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2009 @ 4:29 PM

I doubt that I'd say this to JW's face if I ever met him in real life, as it wouldn't be polite, but by the time BtVS S7 was mercifully over and done with, I can safely say that the only thing that kept me watching until the Bitter End was the fact that I still felt a certain loyalty to the cast, all of whom I still liked. I sure as hell couldn't claim the same thing when it came to him or the other writers on the show by that point.

I know I'm in the minority, nut I loved season 6 - I thought it was a lot darker but felt right for buffy's character development Plus the musical rocked! Was a bit meh about season 7 bit was a bit of a sucker for the cheesy female empowerment riff at the end when all potentials got to be slayers. I wish there'd been a season 8 as I'd love to see where he'd have gone with that! (I know there was a comic but I haven't read it - not available here.)

I'll stick with Joss to the bitter end - I have great faith in the man to get around the network eventually and put the show back on track.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2009 @ 11:17 PM

Seeing as how the entire point of "The Target" was establishing Boyd's complicated relationship with Echo, I think I'm going to have to call shenanigans on this.

"Target" supposedly was originally supposed to be the 8th episode, not the 2nd. So maybe that statement was about the original "first four"? Although apparently it was the 4th episode filmed, so that makes it even more confusing.

Edited by Snark Shark, Feb 22, 2009 @ 11:28 PM.

Anastasia169

Anastasia169

Couch Potato

• Interests:Reading, Knitting, Embroidery, Textile Arts, Medicine, History of Medicine, Fashion, History of Fashion, WWII, Ancient Rome, Science Fiction, Mysteries and Thrillers, Historical Fiction, YA Fiction, Gardening, Art, Law, Anthropology, Horticulture, Birding, Cats, Conversation and many more too numerous to list.

Posted Feb 23, 2009 @ 1:37 AM

The link to the original pilot script was broken - does anyone know of anywhere else this script is available? Thanks!

ajay

ajay

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2009 @ 6:37 PM

I think Alan is [url="http://"%20<a%20href="http://www.freewebs.com/alantudyknet/news.htm""%20target="_blank">http://www.freewebs....dyknet/news.htm"</a>"]confirmed[/url]... and he's Alpha!

Dontuse

Dontuse

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2009 @ 6:55 PM

http://www.docstoc.c...use_1x01_-_Echo

question fear

question fear

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2009 @ 8:22 PM

wow, the original pilot was incredible. I very much wish I'd seen that show instead.

pacejunkie

pacejunkie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2009 @ 9:35 PM

Just saw the casting spoiler about Alan Tudyk on E! from Kristin and that is the best news ever. I miss him so much, Wash was my favourite Firefly character and it'll be so great to see him back on TV and playing a baddie this time. He's such a great comedian/comic actor that I can't imagine it. This even beats the spectacular casting announcement of Mark Shephard. What a shocker. I never could have imagined "Wash" as this evil Sylar type character.

dandylion paws

dandylion paws

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 10:54 AM

Call me a skeptical broad, but I'm not quite sure I buy that Alan will play Alpha. Joss might be effing with us, and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Nothing against Alan, of course, he's a phenomenal actor, it's just that I've never seen him in a remotely villainous role. I expected someone tall, strapping, and vaguely looking like Helo. Alan's like a cuddly teddy bear that I just wanted to smoosh on Firefly. Which may be the point in casting him.

pacejunkie

pacejunkie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:54 AM

Nothing against Alan, of course, he's a phenomenal actor, it's just that I've never seen him in a remotely villainous role. I expected someone tall, strapping, and vaguely looking like Helo. Alan's like a cuddly teddy bear that I just wanted to smoosh on Firefly. Which may be the point in casting him.

Count on Joss to do the unexpected, particularly when it comes to casting. How shocking was it to see Nathan play the heroic Captain Mal, the buffoon Captain Hammer and the very evil Callum on Buffy?

Wash was a cuddly teddy bear (not Alan) because that was the character Alan was playing. But he's shown he can play a dramatic role and any actor worth his salt has the ability to play both comic relief and a villain. I think he has the chops and he'll surprise us.

ETA: And here's some more confirmation from Alan Tudyk Dot Net:

ATDN hears that Alan will be a major part of the new series and will appear in multiple episodes.

YAY!! And they provide a nice spoiler about Alpha here (seems Alan has already appeared):

ATDN can now reveal that Alan will play the rogue doll Alpha in Joss Whedon's series 'Dollhouse', which premiered on Fox on Friday February 13th.

The show features agents known as 'dolls' who can be programmed with any skill or personality. Alpha has been described as having 'multiple personalities, fragmented and twisted from his time in the Dollhouse'. Hisname suggests that he was the first person to be engaged by those in charge of the Dollhouse. It appears that Alan has already appeared on screen, albeit obscured and in some scenes played by a double to throw viewers off the scent.

Edited by pacejunkie, Feb 24, 2009 @ 2:32 PM.

justwatchintv

justwatchintv

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 2:33 PM

Let's not forget that before before he was cast in the role of Sylar, Zachary Quinto's biggest TV role to date was playing Tori Spelling's campy gay best friend on "So Notorious." And honestly, he was quite funny and one of the few things that was consistently good on that show. (It was sort of a guilty pleasure for me.) And look how that's turned out.

So yeah, I'm not worried at all about Alan playing Alpha. It'll be a different role, but I doubt Joss would have cast him if he wasn't capable of doing the role justice.

pacejunkie

pacejunkie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 2:34 PM

We cross posted there so you might want to check out the little Alpha spoiler I added above.