14-6: "Hometown Dates" 2009.02.09 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

157 replies to this topic

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

I can't believe no parents have balked before.

Amber's (a cute brunette teacher from Brad's season) parents balked as well. She ended up having dinner at her apartment with her roommate. It came across fairly badly.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 12:49 PM

I can't believe no parents have balked before.

Ian's parents balked. Meredith met his brother and a friend at the friend's apartment. Several families chose to meet the bachelor/ette at a restaurant instead of at home.

ZulaMay

ZulaMay

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 1:09 PM

I like both Jillian and Melissa, but I really can't stand Molly. I warmed up to her a bit during the Seattle date.....then the HTD left me cold. She just strikes me as smug and chilly. She claims to be into Jason, but I don't really feel it at all. I prefer someone who over-emotes like Melissa to someone with such a limited range of expression. Something about her family visit was weirdly depressing.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 1:44 PM

I like both Jillian and Melissa, but I really can't stand Molly. I warmed up to her a bit during the Seattle date.....then the HTD left me cold. She just strikes me as smug and chilly. She claims to be into Jason, but I don't really feel it at all. I prefer someone who over-emotes like Melissa to someone with such a limited range of expression. Something about her family visit was weirdly depressing.

Yeah - like trying too hard to be "zany" or something. I would bet that the show producers wanted them to do something fun, to make for a good tv show, rather than sitting around just having dinner. With some families it works, but with others, like Molly's it comes across as forced and fake.

TheJman

TheJman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2009 @ 8:01 PM

"The winery was beautiful, but not as beautiful as Jill."

One, two, three, AWWWWWWWW!!!!

Lisette

Lisette

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2009 @ 12:25 AM

Seeing Deanna again (ugh) reminded me of something I'm liking about Jason.

Deanna constantly was talking about Brad...and trying to show what a great catch she was (hoping, I thought, that Brad would be feeling "what I missed!"). It was "her, her, her".

But Jason seems just like -any- Bachelor. I haven't heard him talk about De once. He's just completely focused on TB, the women, etc. Which may be because he's less self-absorbed than Deanna.

He may be a tad boring to watch and listen to, but he was wonderful in the way he dealt with those crazy hometown visits. No eye-rolling rudeness, etc. Quite admirable, really.

Seems rather cruel to inject Deanna into this. She is pretty widely disliked. What did the poor guy do to deserve having her show up? (And, if it were you, doesn't it seem a reminder that you're NOT such a great catch? A reminder of your LOWEST tv moment, when you're here, getting a fresh start?)

Seems rather MEAN of TB to do to him, bringing back Deanna, Miss "It's All About Me, Me, Wonderful Me!" Drama Queen.

Jason's been like the anti-De. He deserves better.

mishap

mishap

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2009 @ 3:13 PM

Yes, I love that Jason isn't constantly reminding us of how his heart was broken. But I bet when Deanna does come back, she'll come up with some reason to use the phrase ' breakin' ma heart.'.

It's just such an icky scheme to bring Deanna back. What possible legitimate words of wisdom could she have? I refuse to believe she's there to say she made a mistake about Jason and wants him back.

It's just for ratings. And while I'm curious as to what she's going to say, I wish she wasn't coming back, just because there's no reason for it. And Deanna doing it, just makes me dislike her more. I didn't mind her during her season, but after she dumped Jesse, and now showing up here -- what an attention ho. 'OMG-- they are having a 'Bachelor' series, without ME??? That can't happen!" Yes Deanna - we know you've been on the last 2, but it's time for you to move on -- maybe try for 'Rock of Love' or something.

To me, anyone with any self respect would have turned down this opportunity, saying that being on twice was enough, and that they bachelor/bachelorette strings need to be cut.

TheJman

TheJman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2009 @ 3:41 PM

Naomi oughta thank Jason for not picking her. It saved her a lifetime of being called "Nay."