5-4: "the Little Prince" 2009.02.04 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

570 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 4:22 PM

From zap2it.com:

Kate learns that someone knows the secret of Aaron's parentage; the dramatic shifts through time endanger the remaining island survivors.

No Sleep

No Sleep

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:02 PM

Rousseau! Jin! Woo hoo!

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:02 PM

Hmm, let me check my watch. Yup, ten minutes left, time for Lost to make my head explode. Of all the possibilities of who was on that makeshift raft, Jin was definitely not on my radar. Nice to see Danielle, if not Mira Furlan.
As far as the mainland plot goes, I was shocked. The lawyer worked for Claire's mom, she wanted Aaron. That made sense. I should have remembered what show I was watching. Nothing ever goes in a straight line.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:03 PM

I can't believe we're finally getting Danielle's backstory!!

Jin is certainly in a pickle. He has no idea what just happened.

Sun in badass mode is all kinds of awesome. Sun with a gun is even better.

Chipper730

Chipper730

Fanatic

Holy! Jin! Danielle!

And a lawyer who must be an island chaser, because dear God, every single person associated with the Oceanic 6?

It's going to be a long week to wait, but clearly, we are going to get some of Danielle's backstory (though I'll miss Mira Furlan), and I would like some explanation on how Jin survived. This will definitely be an emotional reunion with Sun. I'm just happy he's not a ghost.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Jin and Danielle!

Why did Kate's eyes widen when Ben said Aaron was not her son? Wouldn't Ben already know he was Claire's so why did she act surprised he said that?

Energiya Buran

Energiya Buran

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:04 PM

I have one word at this moment, with more surely to come: IlovethisshowsomuchIcannotbelieveit.

Slowly but surely, they are all coming together at Slip 23. Going on a 3 hr. tour soon I hope. Seeing Jin alive was beyond fabulous and Ben avoiding Sun's wrath will be yummy.

Tocks

Tocks

Video Archivist

Another stupid end to an otherwise good episode.

There so much more emotion in the scene where Sawyer saw the S1 Kate than in all the Jack/Kate "current" scenes combined... Aww!

Edited by Tocks, Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:04 PM.

mariolatry521

mariolatry521

Loyal Viewer

Aaron is such a freak child.

But yay, my girl Danielle is back! AND JIN! I was not spoiled for that one.

Anyone here speak French and know what they were saying in the zodiac raft? And on the beach?

Why in the world they would take the raft and go back to sea is beyond me.

ChiJeff

ChiJeff

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Movie buff, reader, beer drinking Chicago Bear fan, tennis player. LOST groupie. A Survivor wannabe who realizes I'm not tough enough. I require coffee and cigarettes. Amazing Race wannabe who isn't all that thrilled with airports or flying. Too gay to be straight and too straight to be gay. I'm a Geminii so I'm allowed to be a mass of contradictions.

Well tonight was full of OMIGAWD moments but the biggest is...Jin is alive! Apparently the DUI curse is broken!

dizzy1

dizzy1

Couch Potato

I so called Ben being the one trying to get Kate to run!! Love Sawyer. Love Hurley in his oriange jumpsuit. I yelled
"JIN!!" when I saw him on the plank.

I love this show.

I love this show so much I'd have sex with it if I could.

Edited by dizzy1, Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:06 PM.

Mandy P

Mandy P

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:05 PM

Oh, wow! Jin! Rousseau! So many thoughts.

I really thought Sun was going to shoot Kate, Jack, or Aaron.

Jack and Kate were tolerable in this episode, for the most part. Hurley's little part was cute. Sayid is such a badass.

grinlord

grinlord

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:06 PM

Did anybody else have extremely fuzzy sound quality? I could hardly hear anything (especially anything Daniel said. I love him, but he sure does whisper). I liked what I could make out of the episode!

Glad to see Danielle! Yay! The casting is amazing. She looks so much like Mira Furlan except younger, pregnant-er. Also kinda jealous of her... Those were some pretty good looking men she was on an expedition with.

I don't have much sympathy for Kate's plight with Aaron. Aaron should be with his grandmother, and Kate knows it.

Jin's alive! And island adventures are abound! All is good.

ETA- When Miles told Daniel that he had a nosebleed, everyone I was watching with cracked up.

Edited by grinlord, Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:12 PM.

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Wow, talk about an episode that started slow and picked up speed!

Sawyer cracked me up. "Time travel's a bitch." "Thank you Lord!" "I take that back!"

Ben, too, had a good one: "He's my lawyer." I figured Ben probably hired the lawyers to chase Kate back to the island. I was temporarily really disappointed when I saw Claire's mum in the previouslies, then in the episode.

Then the end. As soon as Locke said, "Anybody speak French?" I was nonstop squealing. Rousseau! Brennan! Robert! Montand, with arms intact! And JIN!! Woohoo! I knew he wasn't dead.

Now I have to scour Lostpedia to figure out if Jin and Danielle ever interacted.

alynch

alynch

Fanatic

Boy, that henchman in the hospital sure had lousy peripheral vision.

Lunathick

Lunathick

Fanatic

JIN!!!!! And It's Danielle Rousseau, bitch!!

I know people are gonna ask to translate all the French, but I don't remember everything, not that it was all that relevant anyway, expect for "I knew we shouldn't have followed those damn numbers!" I need to go back and watch that scene, unless someone else on the board fluently speaks French and got the whole scene. I also caught some people's names: Michael and Montand.

Everytime they had to cut back to the Oceanic 6, I'd let out a big "NOOOOOOO!". They're boring. I particularly don't care about Jack, Kate and Aaron. Just take the kid already and be done with it. He's annoying.

Sun's still scary.

Good to know Sawyer still has the ability to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. But move on, you fool! Kate's not worth it.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:07 PM

I almost forgot, what a treat it was to see Claire/Emilie, even if it was just a "flashback."

The island misses her and so do I.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:08 PM

Jin! Rousseau! Squeeeeee! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!

The Oceanic 6 plot is so mundane compared to the time-travel stuff on the Island that you'd think it would be boring or at least that the episodes would be causing serious mood whiplash, but that's not happening for me. That has to be partly because I love Ben so much, but I think the suspense has been real and earned and watching the characters come together despite being in such different places is really interesting. I mean, they managed to actually significantly alter the Jack/Kate dynamic, in a way that makes me like them both better. Awesome.

No, not Miles and Juliet, too! It was bad enough when it was just Charlotte. I don't want anyone to die.

I'm going to admit that the scene of Sawyer watching Kate and Claire made me cry. I don't even know why, but it seriously hit me.

ETA: Ben's casual confession of being the one who sent the lawyer after kate cracked my shit up. "No, She's right. It was me. Sorry." Hee.

Edited by ReadIshmael, Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:12 PM.

dannymoon

dannymoon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:08 PM

Jin and Danielle!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too. So Jin was floating in the water for however long, and the whole area was (like many of you suspected in last season's finale) "moved" along with the island.

How does this time travel thing work with objects being used at that moment? Because when the 6 of them took the new boat and paddled out, I expected another flash, but thought then the boat would be gone and they'd all be suddenly treading water in the middle of the ocean. Hm. I missed whose boat that was too.

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:09 PM

Why did Kate's eyes widen when Ben said Aaron was not her son? Wouldn't Ben already know he was Claire's so why did she act surprised he said that?

Oh, he definitely knows that Aaron is Claire's, I thought Kate's face was kinda like a "no he didn't..." kinda face. It ticks me off when she says anything like "my kid", BUT someone had to take responsibility while Claire walked off, and I guess the lie to protect everyone kinda made sense. But in this episode it made me feel like Kate was probably just "taking responsiblity" to ensure her own safety.

Not Sure

Not Sure

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:09 PM

Niiiice!!! As soon as I heard them speaking French, I figured it had to be Danielle's crew. But Jin...not so much.

The one big flaw in this episode -- why the HELL didn't Kate ever go back to pick up Aaron after her meeting with the lawyer? Especially considering the content of their talk, I'd imagine she'd be racing back to him to make sure he was safe. Instead, she gallivants around all day with Jack and never acts like she's even thinking of going back for him. Very out of character, and jarring.

TheRabbi

TheRabbi

Fanatic

• Interests:Currently watching:<br /><br />The Amazing Race - not quite what it once was, but still an addict<br />Chuck - ditto<br />Dexter- great stuff<br />30 Rock - season 5 is the funniest its ever been! Probably my favorite show currently airing<br />The Office - nowhere near where it once was, but still alright<br />Modern Family - good stuff!<br /><br />New shows this year I'm still watching (have dumped a few):<br /><br />Walking Dead - great stuff!<br />No Ordinary Family - mediocre<br />The Event - Reading the recaps and board comments is immensely more entertaining than the show, so I watch!<br />Raising Hope - awesome!<br />Running Wilde - good! (will they ever burn off the remaining eps?)<br />The Cape - started out awesome, starting to fizzle<br /><br />RIP:<br /><br />Pushing Daisies - possibly the greatest show of all time<br />Lost - lackluster resolution to most mysteries, but still a monumental show<br />24 - downward spiral the last couple years, but once again, still a monumental show

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:10 PM

That was an awful cheap convenient coincidence to have Claire's mom be another unrelated client of that lawyer. That part felt really forced, the rest of the episode was good.

jlc1967

jlc1967

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:10 PM

What does the title "The Little Prince" mean? Does it have something to do with the Frenchies?

eta: I know about the book. I am just asking who remembers parts of the book that might have to do with this episode. AND, did whatever the French people said have some connection to the book/to the episode?

I assume this means Rousseau recognized Jin when she interacted with the Losties, but I have no recollection of her reaction to him.

And I agree with whoever mentioned up thread that Kate acted unnecessarily surprised when Ben said, yeah, he's not your kid, duh. She is a pretty person but GAH, so not worth the moony attitude of both Sawyer and Jack. Yech.

Edited by jlc1967, Feb 5, 2009 @ 1:13 PM.

La Boheme

La Boheme

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:11 PM

Wait until Jin finds out he's twenty years in the past (which probably means Sun is a Korean toddler. It's nice to see Danielle again even if it's an earlier model. Maybe Jin can save her daughter. Now if only Michael were to wash up on shore, Lost would once again be perfect.

tze

tze

Fanatic

Miles is totally Marvin Candle's kid.

My guess: when the adult members of the 6 head back to the Island they're going to leave Aaron with Claire's mom.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

That was an awful cheap convenient coincidence to have Claire's mom be another unrelated client of that lawyer. That part felt really forced, the rest of the episode was good.

You gotta remember Ben's involved. There are no coincidences.

Moose Wizard

Moose Wizard

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:12 PM

Everytime they had to cut back to the Oceanic 6, I'd let out a big "NOOOOOOO!". They're boring. I particularly don't care about Jack, Kate and Aaron. Just take the kid already and be done with it. He's annoying.

Oh, I feel quite similarly. The Oceanic Six plot-line is just Zzzzz to me. I could care less about Jack, Kate, and their ~epic love saga~. I just feel bad that cool characters like Sayid, Ben, Hurley, and Sun are roped in on that one too. The island-crew is far more interesting in terms of plot and characters. (Oh, Sawyer broke my heart...).

Speaking of which, JIN!!! Oh man, it's good to see him again. And ROUSSEAU! Yes! And we finally get to meet Robert. I wonder if this will help explain their "sickness." -- Maybe the French crew will start getting nosebleeds?

Also -- something to note. Daniel speculated it was the duration they were on the island that determined how long until they got nosebleeds. Then Miles was like dude, I've only been here for a few days or whatever, and Daniel said "You sure about that?" I think that definitely fuels the speculation that Miles was born on the island -- possibly Marvin Candle's son.
--Also, taking this into consideration, why did Juliet get a nosebleed before Sawyer? Hasn't she been on the island longer? Maybe Sawyer has a constant already...

Great episode, minus the Jack-Kate plot.

Radagast

Radagast

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:12 PM

The French Expedition finally arrives! I've been waiting for that ever since the timehops started. That Jin is in the bargain is just an awesome, shiny cherry on top.

The mainland plot is also curious. Should have known Ben would be behind everything; did he also send the dart-wielding underlings? Hmm.

I'm trying to figure out the episode title - I know it's a French kids' book, but...?

Edited by Radagast, Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:13 PM.

brasca

brasca

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:13 PM

This explains so much. Rousseau and the people she was with probably went crazy due to the time shift, but most importantly they RESCUED JIN. I had a feeling he might have survived, but I didn't know if he was within the radius of the temporal bubble the island is in until now. I just wonder if he's stuck in the past or if he moves with everyone else too because if not Sun might get to see him again, but he'd be 20 years older.

Couldn't be happier to see Rousseau even if it's not Mira Furlan, but I understand since this was roughly 18 years ago and living alone would probably age her faster.

The time destablization effect I can understand with Charlotte and now Miles, but Juliet is a mystery to me. Then again since she's no longer an Other she isn't bound to the island like them. I wonder if that brand they marked her with somehow severed her link to the island. If that's the case then she's technically not as new to the island as the rest of the Lostaways.

Best line of the night was Ben's. She's right Jack it was me. Sorry. His honesy is both amusing and refreshing.

meredithand

meredithand

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 10:13 PM

That was an awful cheap convenient coincidence to have Claire's mom be another unrelated client of that lawyer.

I don't think it's a coincidence. I think you're going to find out eventually that, some how, Ben's involved.