LaKisha & Jennifer: TAR 14, Unfinished Business

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

360 replies to this topic

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2009 @ 1:02 PM

From CBS.com:

These two former Division 1 College athletes look forward to becoming the first ever all female Team to win the Race. Besides athleticism, these sisters have little in common.

Basch

Basch

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2009 @ 2:42 PM

The sole black team this season is a women's team. This is the second season to have no black men in it, the first being TAR4.

I'm a bit worried about them since they haven't once been out of the States, but I think their athleticism, which reminds me of the Supremes' own physiques, may carry them through four or five eliminations.

Plus, I find them both quite beautiful.

vydee87

vydee87

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2009 @ 3:43 PM

I think it is pretty cool that LaKisha wants to become the best Racer in the history of TAR. You go girl!

Penelo

Penelo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2009 @ 7:14 PM

They definitely seem very attractive, and I definitely appreciate the drive they both seem to have.

cousin oliver

cousin oliver

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2009 @ 9:20 PM

"Being mean takes too much thought" - LOVE.

Lets just hope no-one refers to them as "the sisters" - I couldn't go through that again.

Edited by cousin oliver, Jan 26, 2009 @ 10:24 PM.

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2009 @ 9:44 AM

After watching their pre-race interview...they seem like nice enough ladies, but quite honestly I'm not so sure if this team has what it takes to go the distance on the Race.

Now, I don't think they'll be the first ones eliminated (I'm choosing Linda/Steve to have that distinction this season), but I'm predicting them to be gone very soon thereafter.

Dbrain2004

Dbrain2004

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2009 @ 1:09 PM

I just love a team with competitive fire and great attitudes, and it looks like these two have it in spades.

They look to be quite athletic, and it should help them get through the first few eliminations with other teams fall by the wayside. I can't explain it, but I just sense victory written all over them - which would be real cool with me, given that it's been since Uchenna/Joyce since we had an African-American win the race. Go, girls!

Winners.

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 5, 2009 @ 3:49 PM

Their competitive nature will certainly help them, but will they have the brains for the mental challenges and self-navigation?

I doubt it, so I'm seeing the fourth or fifth elimination in the cards for them.

NotPatrick

NotPatrick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2009 @ 7:14 PM

Not that it means an awful lot outside the realm of stereotypes, but they're both University educated, so I don't see them as being likely to be any more dumb than half a dozen of the other teams racing. And given that Eric & Danielle managed to win and Starr didn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed I don't really think slowness of the brain is a fatal impediment.

If anything will count against them I think it'll be their lack of travel experience.

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Feb 8, 2009 @ 8:43 PM

And given that Eric & Danielle managed to win and Starr didn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed I don't really think slowness of the brain is a fatal impediment.

Hee.

The season hasn't aired yet, so I'll wait and see how they fare. But I agree with NotPatrick - at the moment, they don't seem any less competent than other teams in general, or the other female teams in particular. I don't even think a lack of travel experience is necessarily a disadvantage, although it certainly can be. They have the athletic ability, which is always a plus. Hopefully, they won't be a Lyn and Karlyn; frankly, just based on what I've seen, their attitudes are a lot more positive at the outset. It appears that they might actually enjoy being on TAR.

Edited by redrobin27, Feb 8, 2009 @ 8:46 PM.

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2009 @ 10:16 PM

redrobin27
Hopefully, they won't be a Lyn and Karlyn; frankly, just based on what I've seen, their attitudes are a lot more positive at the outset.

I think they'll be more of a Monica & Sheree. That is, without the constant mentions of being married to NFL players. I don't see Lyn & Karlyn in them at all.

millernate

millernate

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2009 @ 5:09 PM

All 3 of the all female teams just strike me as capable of kicking butt. I don't know that this team will be third to one of the other 2 women team's winners, but I'd place them as a good bet to win.

uoflfan

uoflfan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2009 @ 11:02 PM

These ladies played volleyball and basketball for, and graduated from, the same great university as Sheree and her husband, Ray. For a Cardinal fan like me, this is the best team ever. You go, girls!

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2009 @ 11:44 PM

Not much seen from them on this leg, but I'll attribute their low finish to the train they came in on, as well as their less-than-stellar taxi luck at the start of the second (or third, perhaps) day.

So they'll be going by "Kisha & Jen," I see. Interesting choice. Wonder if it's theirs or the producers'?

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2009 @ 12:38 PM

I haven't had a chance to sort out the teams very much, and these two didn't get much screen time. I liked them during the bungee jump and the cheese task even though as one of the middle bunched group I didn't see much of them. They seemed to be low key and positive. Jennifer is gorgeous -- at least to my eyes.

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2009 @ 3:24 PM

Jen is beautiful, but Kisha's the one I just find stunning.

While A Coyote

While A Coyote

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2009 @ 2:50 AM

I liked what I saw. No whining, no bitching, no 'tude. At least so far, they're very likable.

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2009 @ 3:42 AM

There's a better look at their personalities on the Insider clips. Mel & Mike apparently already nicknamed Kisha "Giggles" because of the sound of her laugh (which sounds really, really weird) and Jen "Sleepy" because she has a sleepy-looking expression on her face almost constantly. Kisha was fine with her nickname since she'd always been called "Dr. Giggles" in her college sorority.

Of course, in another clip, they have a fight over material things like Kisha constantly forgetting to zip up her backpack and finding maps. But they do so with surprising calm and maturity and without resorting to yelling at one another.

For that, I found myself liking them even more.

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Feb 22, 2009 @ 9:19 PM

I'm concerned that Jennifer's annoyance with Kisha this soon. She was clearly frustrated with getting lost. Maybe they should switch roles or something. Either way, they need to get it together on the directions.

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2009 @ 2:50 AM

If they're devolving into sniping this early, they're not gonna last. If they're not the next team to go, they'll go fairly soon after the next elimination at this rate.

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2009 @ 12:43 PM

Based on the episode, it didn't appear they were sniping at each other. Kisha seemed fine, for the most part, if not map-challenged. Jennifer was clearly frustrated, and it makes me wonder if she shouldn't express that to Kisha. But those conversations may occur off camera, or in the insider videos.

Ashputtel

Ashputtel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 4:27 AM

I've got a vague feeling that part of the problem with Kisha and Jennifer may be they're less comfortable airing their emotions in front of a camera than some. Not wanting to get into all that screaming, crying, and hugging on national TV, so they're not really engaging with their issues and they're sticking with obtusely unresponsive and passive-aggressive respectively. Do you think?

I hope they don't melt down. I enjoyed Jennifer's quiet comments a lot in ep. 1 -- dry and encouraging.

NotPatrick

NotPatrick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 5:48 AM

Jennifer was clearly frustrated, and it makes me wonder if she shouldn't express that to Kisha.

Totally. Jennifer seems to me like one of those annoying people who decide they're not being listened to, and instead of actively asking for more of a role, just sit there saying nothing and rolling their eyes. Leading to them having no say in future decision, further inflating their sense of put-upon little sister victimhood.

I am totally Team Kisha if I'm forced to pick a side. Above all I hope they get it together though, because they seem like cool ladies.

gpfallow

gpfallow

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:47 AM

Kisha seemed fine, for the most part, if not map-challenged. Jennifer was clearly frustrated, and it makes me wonder if she shouldn't express that to Kisha.

I am not sure how much of this due to off camera stuff, but I found Jen frustrating in the most recent episode. I agree with NotPatrick that Jen seems to have issues and her inability to even smile on the mat was annoying. If she shared her frustration with Kisha, and then Kisha did not listen, then I could empathize with her more. The contrast between Kisha and Jen on the mat was hilarious. I like them as a pair and if they could not get lost when driving, I think they could be a strong team. Well, that and deal with the tension that Jen maybe feeling. It is possible Jen is not aware of it and as soon as they just air it out, I think they'll be a stronger pair.

Edited by gpfallow, Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:48 AM.

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:07 PM

I like these two, for the most part, but yeah, Jen really is coming across as kind of joyless right now. She needs to lighten and try to enjoy the experience. And try not to let Kisha get to her. Or think Kisha's getting to her.

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Mar 1, 2009 @ 9:23 PM

I'm glad that these two seemed to get along much better this leg. Of course, they didn't have to do any driving, either. Jennifer seemed to be in better spirits, so here's hoping that continues.

momlyd

momlyd

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2009 @ 11:22 PM

Jennifer must have slept and eaten well at the Pit Stop. She actually laughed! Keep sleeping and eating, Jen!

Levi Rinno

Levi Rinno

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2009 @ 12:43 AM

Nice jump to third place! These girls really earned it this week! I hope they can keep up their momentum going into next week's leg, too!

They seemed to be feeling a lot better on this leg thanks to some post-leg communication after last week's leg.

Edited by Levi Rinno, Mar 2, 2009 @ 2:19 AM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2009 @ 7:44 PM

I'm glad that they put the 'big sister/little sister' tensions behind them for this leg and hope it lasts. They did a great job and it was reflected in their upward movement.

I loved that LaKisha said 'I'm sticking to basketball' after performing fairly well at the gymnastics challenge.

Ashputtel

Ashputtel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 4, 2009 @ 3:39 AM

Love that tattoo!