Jane Velez-Mitchell: She's Tough, Dammit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

259 replies to this topic

always edina

always edina

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 6:27 PM

Holy shit.

Jane's hair actually looks NICE. She's lost the mullet and gone with the anchorwoman waves.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 11:18 AM

So, does anyone else have a massive case of second-hand embarrassment when JVM does her "reporter on the scene" shtick?

Holy shit.

Jane's hair actually looks NICE. She's lost the mullet and gone with the anchorwoman waves.

Heh. Now the fun part it watching the volume of her hair change from show to show. I have a friend who's convinced JVM has a Wall Of Wigs where each ones respective volume corresponds to how insane she'll be on the air.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 2:09 PM

hardy har,
Yes, I also cringed over the "reporter on the scene" shtick. It was so damn stupid and classless that it could have easily passed for a Sat Night Live skit! It was like a circus.

I am so sick of JVM, her OVER EXPOSURE, feigned over the top indignation, and yelling that is only surpassed by Jeanine Pirro of the Fox News Channel that I can't watch her and her "helmet-hair" ever again. No loss to me because there are plenty of other channels that carry the same things that she and her (hair-helmet) partner in crime Nancy cover.

Edited by dimo, Oct 6, 2011 @ 2:14 PM.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 2:59 PM

JVM's hair was looking nice there for a while. (Her current hair is back to what it's always been). Does she not have people telling her how awful she looks before she goes on the air? JVM and addiction are always going to go together. I wonder what she was like when she worked for Celeb Justice. (AKA TMZ). Did she ever try to hit on Harvey Levin?

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 6:12 PM

I hate myself when I watch this show and NG.

Anyway. JVM is either a liar, an idiot or has someone grocery shop for her because she actually just said "I didn't know wine came in a box until this case."

Fucking please.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2011 @ 6:41 PM

Jane has said that wine was her drink of choice when she was an alcoholic. She is an idiot. Boxed wine is cheap, I'm sure JVM drank hers from a bottle.

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:08 AM

I know this thread hasn't been visited in ages, but after last night I just had to bump it up. JVM has successfully become more insufferable than Nancy Grace, IMO. Congrats, Jane, that's quite an accomplishment. Now I know why her show is called "Issues"... all she talks about are her own issues. An alternate title could be "Soapbox with JVM". I don't watch her often, but last night's show took the cake. She was on the war path over that Heart Attack themed restaurant where that guy actually had a heart attack while eating a ginormous burger. She had the owner of the restaurant on, & he was quite a character. Jane blamed him for enabling those who have food addictions (which she reminded us that she covered in her book Addict Nation- we ALL have addictions, folks!), and suggested that he close his restaurant before he killed anyone else. I'm shocked she didn't also turn it into a platform to discuss her other pet (pun?) topic of animal cruelty. You know, the fact that it was fitting that the burger almost killed the man because some poor animal had to die so that this evil carnivore coud have a burger in the first place. I mean I like animals as much as the next person, but when Jane gets on something she's just insane. Anyway, a caller made the comment that I was thinking about the whole time, & that being that the restaurant is in Vegas. Vegas is about extremes. It's not meant to be a place where you eat 3 meals a day, it's a special themed restaurant where most people go for a unique dining experience. I can't imagine eating a burger that huge either, but it's a little cray cray for Jane to go apesh!t and accuse the guy of enabling the poor food addicts that are merely victims of their disease. I suppose she'll have a few Girl Scouts on the show next so she can accuse them of single-handedly contributing to the obesity epidemic with their cookies. By the way, did y'all know that Jane is a "recovering alcoholic with 16 years of sobriety, 17 if she makes it to April, knock on wood, God willing, one day at a time"?

Edited by Sugakates78, Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:10 AM.

Erik B

Erik B

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

By the way, did y'all know that Jane is a "recovering alcoholic with 16 years of sobriety, 17 if she makes it to April, knock on wood, God willing, one day at a time"?

Jane is so helpful to point that fact out every other episode. Whitney Houston's death obviously prompted Jane to mention this stunning fact, but the most outrageous moment was when she used Joran van der Sloot's conviction to talk about her addiction. She compared her addiction to alcohol to his addiction to murder. It was so kind of Jane to equate the two obviously similar addictions.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

My BFF's family knew Jane when she was growing up and are HORRFIED by what they see on their screen.......

financialgal

financialgal

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 7:41 AM

Can no longer watch JVM or Nancy Grace. Both scream and are so dramatic. What really caused me to turn the channel was back when Jane wrote and was promoting her book. No matter what the subject, all roads seemed to lead to her getting the words "Addict Nation" into the dialogue.

Edited by financialgal, Feb 23, 2012 @ 7:42 AM.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

Can no longer watch JVM or Nancy Grace. Both scream and are so dramatic. What really caused me to turn the channel was back when Jane wrote and was promoting her book. No matter what the subject, all roads seemed to lead to her getting the words "Addict Nation" into the dialogue.

Or her other old chestnut "psychological burka". Gah, she makes me sick.

Edited by Patsy Stoned, Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:18 PM.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

What is this bullshit "bonus segment" where JVM tries to act like she's the first person to make a smoothie?

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

I think the new segments are supposed to show us how she is superior to us mere mortals in terms of healthy and green living. I caught the end of one such segment last week where she went dumpster diving for food and then cooked a meal with her finds. Gee, I hope there were no liquor bottles in that dumpster, else Jane may fall off the wagon. I'd hate to see that so close to her 17th! year! of! sobriety! She's been kind enough to give us the exact date several times in the past week, and I am probably going to hell for laughing at the fact that it's April 1st. Yes, April Fool's Day!

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

Jane's an alcoholic????? I had NO IDEA!!! :)

park914

park914

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

I keep trying to watch JVM probably because back in the day, when she was covering various sensational trials, she came across as bright, articulate, concerned about domestic abuse, etc. But I think it was when she introduced the gavel that she became a bit overbearing and loud (despite being for a great cause...the increasing violence against females in our country). And then, the weekly reminders of her addiction (which, once again, initially was positive but after far too many mentions, became self-laudatory which I believe is a no-no for folks in AA). I still like Jane and wish that someone would guide her and her show back to the original theme, goal, concerns, etc., and tone down the addiction, book reminders.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

And then, the weekly reminders of her addiction

WEEKLY? You are way too kind--when I was watching it was NIGHTLY--she was hawking that book of hers incessantly.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

JVM gets worse with her addiction reminders when someone dies from an addiction. She's been going on and on since Whitney Houston died.Has anyone ever read any of Jane's books? I tried to get through Secrets Can Be Murder, it was awful. Never tried to read iWant or Addict Nation. Can she write about something other than her addiction and crime?

Tunia

Tunia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Geez, Jane, with regard to your otherwise very interesting segment last evening with Elizabeth Smart, wasn't it kind of counter-productive?

ES spoke of a new phone app, HERO, designed to act as a tracer of lost children or persons. It seems like a well-designed and admirable venture. However, then Jane holds up a watch that can also be implanted with the device, and it's apparently recommended that parents consider arming their kids with the device because, as Jane emphatically stated, "an abductor might throw away a child's cellphone, but they'd never think to remove a child's watch". Good going, Jane-gurl!!! Don't you think you just blew the whole idea? Nothing like telling potential abductors to immediately look for a watch (or any other electronic device) planted on their victim! Truly a duhhhhhh moment.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Bumped this thread for the coverage of these poor young females.

OMG, what can be done? This is devastating.

JVM has covered Autumn Pasquale (12, found deceased; body discovered in a recycling bin);

Jessica Ridgeway, (10, found deceased, dismembered... omg I hate to type that)

and Whitney Heichel (21, found deceased, multiple gunshot wounds)

What is this world coming to?

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 6:39 PM

JVM wrote a book during the Arias trial. Get ready for contests, and lots of book hawking.