'Biggest Losers': Where Are They Now?

• Please log in to reply

1192 replies to this topic

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:18 PM

People would probably pay these two niwits to stay away.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

I don't get how you learn how to be compensated for your time. You say, "My fee is this many dollars." What is there for them to learn? I guess what they mean is, "We're trying to figure out a way to make a lot of money out of our newfound fame," but it sure seems like a dumb way of saying that.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 6:52 AM

I don't get how you learn how to be compensated for your time. You say, "My fee is this many dollars." What is there for them to learn? I guess what they mean is, "We're trying to figure out a way to make a lot of money out of our newfound fame," but it sure seems like a dumb way of saying that.

Maybe they hope people will find them endearingly helpless and feel moved to assist that learning curve with infusions of cash. But given how vile they were on the program, I doubt many people find them endearingly anything.

MittenGirl

MittenGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

It sounds like the Bratts don't have an agent (yet) and also aren't getting any help from the show in establishing careers in the everpopular motivational/inspirational speaking field. Both of which fail to surprise to me. Usually these two-bit celebs have small-time agents coming after them, hoping to leech out whatever early money they can. Guess there aren't any p.r. type people who figure they can make any money off of the Britts, and the show seems to have washed their hands of them.

the boxer

the boxer

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

I think future references to Conda and Jeremy should be placed in the Biggest Spoilers thread. They certainly ruined the show for me.

BL11Austin

BL11Austin

Just Tuned In

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 7:43 AM

Hey everyone-
I am Austin Andrews, Biggest Loser Season 11, and I had seen that quite a few people were coming from this forum to view my blog(http://blbreak.austinandrews.net). I first wanted to thank you guys for viewing, and second I wanted to ask-

What kind of topics/Questions could I be writing about that would interest you?

Ms Chicklet

Ms Chicklet

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Hi, Austin! Welcome to TWoP!

Something that interested me in your blog was dealing with being an "after," so to speak. How did being in the public eye affect how you looked at life after weight loss? Did having your experience in front of a national audience bring extra pressure? You also mentioned that you wanted to maintain your weight loss on your own with no help (which turned out to be a pitfall). Where do you think wanting to do it solo came from?

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

Hi, Austin! I remember watching your season - you were very likeable and hardworking. I wish you lots of success with your journey, and I hope that your dad is doing OK as well.

I agree with the ideas that Ms. Chicklet offered. I also think mentioning things that motivate you when the last thing you want to do is work out, or what motivates you to stay on plan.

As far as this site goes, I think it would be really cool if you posted here when the next season starts. I know that there are certain things that you aren't allowed to say because of contractural agreements, but if you have any insights to offer about what happens behind-the-scenes, I think the rest of us might understand what goes on at the Ranch a bit better, and potentially get more out of watching. But if you don't feel comfortable saying anything, that's totally understandable.

Wish you all the best with your blog!

bendercat

bendercat

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

http://www.mlive.com...y_and_cond.html

The Britts seem to have all the answers.

Cher Z

Cher Z

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Conda and Jeremy have a facebook page together. Conda-jeremy Britt. They are shilling for speaking engagements to be motivational speakers, for one or both.

Does anybody have a link to this facebook page? I could use a good laugh.

Especially if they say they want to be "compensated" for their time. Unless they're in a dunk tank, I can't see how anyone would pay to be in the same room with them.

Edited by Cher Z, May 15, 2012 @ 11:40 AM.

Ms Chicklet

Ms Chicklet

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

Cher Z:

Unless they're in a dunk tank, I can't see how anyone would pay to be in the same room with them.

A hilarious new version of Whack-a-Mole just came to mind. Whack-a-Britt!

Cher Z

Cher Z

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Ahhh never mind, found it!

From the Conda-jeremy Britt Facebook page

Looking to do some motivational speaking/ public appearances/meet and greets...does anyone have any connections or ideas on how to go about this. We would love to help as many people as possible but we must learn how to be compensated for our time...NBC doesnt cut checks right away ;) lol

REALLY? Oh, puke.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

Don't you think that for those that NBC likes, they'd give a lot of help and tips, and point them to agents?

bendercat

bendercat

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 7:23 AM

I think NBC and BL is done with them. The fact that non-winners have gotten speaking engagements over the years shows how uninspirational these two are. I don't predict seeing them being hired by BL resorts like Ramon, Jess, and Sione. I don't think we'll see them on commercials like Ashley and the Afro American woman who didn't make it to the ranch (what's her name?). I would be really surprised (and a little sick) if they are on any BL commercial of if their photos are on the wall at the ranch.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

I would be really surprised (and a little sick) if they are on any BL commercial of if their photos are on the wall at the ranch.

I agree. Besides their sour personalities, they still look like "befores".

BL11Austin

BL11Austin

Just Tuned In

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

Something that interested me in your blog was dealing with being an "after," so to speak. How did being in the public eye affect how you looked at life after weight loss? Did having your experience in front of a national audience bring extra pressure? You also mentioned that you wanted to maintain your weight loss on your own with no help (which turned out to be a pitfall). Where do you think wanting to do it solo came from?

I agree with the ideas that Ms. Chicklet offered. I also think mentioning things that motivate you when the last thing you want to do is work out, or what motivates you to stay on plan.

Hey thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback! I will def use some of this as starting point for blogs- I'll post here when I produce these blogs!

As for joining the community during the next season, I might but you are very correct with my necessity to keep the powers tat be happy by what I say- to some extent. I will see how I can contribute to the community though!

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

Welcome, BL11Austin--I'll look forward to your input next season. (Did you happen to hear whether season 14 will begin in January? There has been news regarding there being no fall season this year.)

dvrsavedtv

dvrsavedtv

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Looking to do some motivational speaking/ public appearances/meet and greets...does anyone have any connections or ideas on how to go about this. We would love to help as many people as possible but we must learn how to be compensated for our time...NBC doesnt cut checks right away ;) lol

The fact that they have to ask for work proves no one wants them. I think previous motivational contestants probably had calls and emails come in right after the show ended. All the Britts hear are crickets. Serves them right! I can't imagine ANYONE would book them for anything, much less a motivational speech.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

Soon Jeremy will be asking if someone knows how he can contact Buddy to get that minivan back.

callmebetty

callmebetty

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Soon Jeremy will be asking if someone knows how he can contact Buddy to get that minivan back.

Ha! And my first thought after reading this was: I live with my sister in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

The fact that they have to ask for work proves no one wants them. I think previous motivational contestants probably had calls and emails come in right after the show ended. All the Britts hear are crickets. Serves them right! I can't imagine ANYONE would book them for anything, much less a motivational speech.

Exactly! I mean, even Heba and Ed from Season 6 got speaking engagements - and are actually still receiving them from time to time. Whenever they want to focus on speaking engagements, Heba takes time away from her business and Ed takes time away from teaching at a culinary school and they go do a run of several engagements. From what I understand, they aren't hurting for cash! And this is with Heba being the at-home winner and Ed not winning at all. Even though they weren't the most-loved contestants, the show didn't shy away from them (they brought back Heba during a later season's marathon - season 8, I think it was), and obviously the public responds to them well enough that they have been able to book plenty of engagements over the years.

The Britts just screwed themselves over. I mean, seriously, this was the season these guys met the First Lady. There was an opportunity for a young lady like Conda to network there if there ever was one. All she would have had to do was mention a few words to Mrs. Obama about how she loves how she's made living and eating healthy and fighting obesity starting in childhood, how as a young mother that really appeals to her, and how she would love to connect with Mrs. Obama to get such an initiative going in her own city/state/etc. She could have even thrown in a bit about how it's important to her that her daughter Brooklyn see strong role models of all races, etc. I'll bet the First Lady would have been all over that like dots on dice! All Conda had to do was take the opportunity to network and act like a decent young woman.

And if she weren't allowed to say anything to Mrs. Obama right then, then later during one of her interviews she could said all the above, what an honour it was to meet her, how she wishes she could team up with her, etc. etc. If she had had the decent personality of a Hannah or Olivia, there's no telling what kind of opportunities she could have had - if not with Mrs. Obama then with the agents and speaking opportunities she and Jeremy are now seeking.

I feel almost embarrassed for them - I can't recall any previous losers having to reach out and search for opportunities to network - generally those opportunities open up for them, as it did for even the annoying folks from last season's bunch.

Oh, and did anyone else see the comment on the 'Good Going Conda' link from crazy Tracey from season 8? Here it is:

Conda is NOT the reason the show is not airing this fall. Producers, Casting agents, all involved with the show will get a nice break and when Season 14 airs Everyone will be ready and anxiously waiting a bigger and better show. The Biggest Loser changes many lives and will continue to do so. Everyone at home watching knows and should know that show ratings mean drama and drama sells. Its what gets blogged about daily on the internet. Never the nice guy always the bad one. For the record I know Conda she is a great Mom and very sweet young girl. She and her brother Jeremy made it to the finale and worked very hard to be there. Their mother raised 2 great kids is so very proud of them both. Be very careful passing judgement on others without knowing whats really inside of someone trying to change their lives for the better. Being on that ranch and losing weight is hard and takes much sacrifice and determination. Im proud to call myself a former contestant and proud of all that have taken the journey with me and at home. Lets be happy for others instead of always casting a rock to throw. Losing weight is not easy especially doing it in front of millions of people waiting to judge your every move! Trust me Biggest Loser will continue and Season 14 will be Rocking Awesome!

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

I agree with one thing that Tracey said, that drama ups the ratings.
If the show were just people exercising and cooking and eating fresh veggies, I sure wouldn't be watching it. I admit that I don't tune in for inspiration.
But what I think she missed, is that the drama went too far, and we were seeing the bad guys winning all the time, with no comeuppance.
And the ratings fell.
The Heba drama, and Heba/Ed vote had people tuning in to see if Heba got her comeuppance.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

Their mother raised 2 great kids is so very proud of them both.

Hm, this could mean that two of Conda and Jeremy's siblings are "great kids" (I don't remember the exact composition of the family--did they have more than just the sister who had the heart-to-heart with Dolvett during Conda's week at home?)

Special Kay

Special Kay

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 10:08 AM

I'm sorry, but people who go on a reality television show and then complain about people "judging" them... words fail me. If you're not prepared to have the whole world opining about you, maybe don't go on national TV? Just a thought.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

The Heba drama, and Heba/Ed vote had people tuning in to see if Heba got her comeuppance.

True, true. I sure used up all my online votes voting for Ed to be in the final, and not Heba. Ha!

However, in spite of the fact that a lot of us wanted to see Heba get her comeuppance, I don't think we flat-out HATED her, and with her, it did seem like, OK, she wanted the money, but she also truly did want a healthier lifestyle. And the fact that she and Ed are still committed to that lifestyle speaks volumes.

It just strikes me as funny that even some of the lesser loved Losers have found speaking opportunities, even when they didn't win the show, but the Britt brats are coming up empty.

ClaireO

ClaireO

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

It just strikes me as funny that even some of the lesser loved Losers have found speaking opportunities, even when they didn't win the show, but the Britt brats are coming up empty.

I was thinking about that, and I wonder if the fact that they're both young is also working against them. The Losers who keep going tend to keep off a significant amount of the weight and have a good back story and have some other quality like, oh, depth of character or a sense of humor or something else that people find attractive. Even Heba and Ed seemed serious about their new lifestyle.

What do the Britt brats have at this point? They haven't had time to regain the weight, so no one knows where that's going yet. They don't have really interesting back stories (single mother isn't enough, Conda). As for that elusive "other quality" - they ain't got it.

For comparison, Mike Morelli was also very young, but people liked him. Last I heard he'd gained back a lot of weight, but it probably worked to his advantage to have his father on the show with him, because together they had the "son following bad path of dad" story, plus the added element of the too-young-for-the-show brother left behind. And he was quite likable: he seemed like a nice kid, and he was motivated by something other than money.

The Britt brats have nothing to sell. Nothing.

divingin

divingin

Channel Surfer

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

Hey everyone-
I am Austin Andrews, Biggest Loser Season 11, and I had seen that quite a few people were coming from this forum to view my blog(http://blbreak.austinandrews.net). I first wanted to thank you guys for viewing, and second I wanted to ask-

What kind of topics/Questions could I be writing about that would interest you?

Hi Austin! I don't know if you can answer this, but I'm curious what the contestant-trainer relationships were like on the show, whether you have continued those relationships, whether you're working with new trainers now and what those relationships are like, etc. Have you remained closer with Brett and Cara as one of the "Unknowns", and what was it like dealing with Jillian's favoritism of Hannah and Olivia the week you were eliminated? Her behavior during that weigh-in and being so angry and adamant that the sisters not go under the yellow line together seemed completely out of line, rude, and so unprofessional to do in front of you, and seeing Hannah and Olivia celebrate when you weighed in with the one pound weight loss was equally upsetting. That weigh-in really gave me an intense dislike of Jillian, Hannah, and Olivia, but you remained so classy and mature - you were very likable and genuine all season, including your exit. The sisters seem popular in the media and with a lot of women, but many of us in the forums saw them as sneaky, conniving, and a little annoying.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

The Britt brats have nothing to sell. Nothing.

A few days ago, I'd have agree with you, but looking for something to watch on Tuesday nights, I came across a show called Hardcore Pawn.
Not only would Conda fit in working there, she'd come across as the "nice" one.

QueenBee78

QueenBee78

Video Archivist

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Lauren & Gail from season 13 (yellow shirts, mother daughter) appeared at a local running store this week and did a short Q&A and talk. It was pretty packed, so they didn't get to take a lot of questions, but here are the tidbits.
--Lauren looks amazing. Since Jan, she has run 3 half marathons and improved her time over 30 mins. She really looks like an athlete.
--Gail is still overweight, but now maybe only 50 lbs or so, all around the middle. She is a very tall woman!
--Lauren is moving to Atlanta in a week. She became certified as a trainer and is going to work at Dolvett's studio/gym as a trainer.
--They swear Conda is one of the sweetest women in the world and an incredible mom.
--They did indeed work out 5-6 hours a day, then after dinner, they would go walk several miles around the campus.
--They cook their own meals on the ranch, but had a nutritionist give them a calorie goal and stop in a few times a week. Calorie goals were tailored, Lauren had 1100 something and GAil had 1200 something. Gail admits that she cut out most carbs, and didn't ever eat a carb after lunch.
--Sometimes when they were filming challenges, etc, the filming would go on until 4 am adn they were expected to be in the gym again at 7:30
--They feel very close to all the other contestants and still text and call them a lot.
--Gail did indeed cry, when several people from her past showed up to congratulate her.
--Gail had polio when she was young and she says that contributed to her injuries and weakness. She says she knows she will never be a skinny person, she just wants to at least maintain what she has lost (90 lbs so far) and live an active, healthy life.

bendercat

bendercat

Video Archivist

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

Good for Lauren!

Gail sounds like she's doing great too.

They probably had to swear up and down about Conda because no one believed them.