Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

Madmarsha

Madmarsha

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 1:38 AM

I think Kailee's mom looks like Maggie Gyllenhall if she gained 20 pounds (I hate MG. In my mind, she doesn't weigh much less than Nutter mom).

I think Kailee's grandmother Debbie looks like Kathleen Turner if she gained 40 pounds.

I think Sterling's mom is nuts, she has PLENTY of personality. Both those girls were cute, but Paris looked like she was having a seizure while doing "pretty eyes".

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:13 AM

As far as I can tell, "pretty eyes" means blinking a lot. Is that the gist?

Ladyhawk777

Ladyhawk777

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:23 AM

Pageant Kitty, LMAO! Reminded me of Emily Tye, a naturally beautiful little girl, she reminds me of Claudia Schiffer, way prettier than Claudia Schiffer, they put those dark eyebrows on her and it was all I could focus on besides that awful thing they did to her beautiful hair.

Edited by Ladyhawk777, Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:43 AM.

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 12:55 PM

I'm fascinated by the two fists below the chin wobbly head pretty eyes pose. I know "fist on chin" is a standard model-y pose but they usually are resting their elbow on something. Whats the point of both fists?

Also, so many of the routines are similar. I wonder if there is a traveling routine choreographer who sells set routines. (perhaps stolen from a lesser glitz pagent a la "Bring It On")

Edited by millk, Sep 1, 2009 @ 12:55 PM.

TexasTallGal

TexasTallGal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 1:28 PM

The parents of these girls probably see nothing wrong with:

Pole Dancer Doll

suburbfabulous

suburbfabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:40 PM

I am probably alone in this, but I wish there was a teen pageant show on air instead of a kid pageant show. I'd much rather see the backstabbing and cattiness that goes on in teen pageants.

Mindymoo

Mindymoo

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 1:47 AM

Something that kinda saddens me is that, at the ripe old age of 23, my hair is more virginal than the hair of the little girls on this show. I mean, the hair that you have when you are a kid is so pure and pretty, and these parents just fuck it all up. It will be like straw by the time these girls are 10!

dmmetler

dmmetler

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:03 PM

That is the first time that the pageant organizers/judges have been a bigger trainwreck than the worst family out there. I wonder how much each of those girls paid for the privilege of being in that joke of a pageant?

rhitroadkill

rhitroadkill

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:06 PM

Wow, that was the first time the pageant was more of a trainwreck than any of the contestants/parents. I like how the end-cap mentioned that the one mother didn't get her prize yet. And that 20+ people pulled out of the mother division. (hehehe, dmmetler and I had the exact same thought!)

I have to say that it was a little odd that there were all the girls left out of the age group crownings and none of them managed to win the Grand Nacho Supreme. And those were some TINY trophies. And even the crowns were pretty lame. Wow, don't think anyone will be shelling out money for that pageant next time it comes around.

As for the contestants...hated the eye makeup on Hope, but the three sisters seemed pretty normal. Well, gun-totin' normal I guess. And the oldest who was competing in the older girls' division so she wouldn't be competing against her sister (which was a nice contrast to the Sterling mother who was pitting her kids against each other), was a pretty girl. In the long dress for crowning, she looked really nice. Too old, but if she were a 15 or 16 year old, she would have been lovely. Too bad she was 10.

ETA: And I HATE that they do the whole, "If you weren't crowned in your age group, you still have a chance at the Nacho Supreme!" thing. Kids that young don't understand that. All they get is that they didn't win, they didn't get a trophy or a crown or anything. They can't understand that they might have gotten a bigger prize later on. It's pretty cruel in my opinion.

Edited by rhitroadkill, Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:25 PM.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:08 PM

So did the oldest Sparkle girl lie about her age so that she wouldn't be in the same age group as her sister? I did like that family, though. They handled not winning very well and seemed genuinely happy for the sister who won and the mom. And I've got to give props to the mom for going ahead and getting on stage when all the other moms backed out. I think she did it for her girls.

Hope was a mess. Those teeth! Yuck. And her mom! Double yuck.

keeperrox

keeperrox

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:14 PM

I thought those Sprinkle girls were beautiful, Mom included. They were really nice girls, as well. Rednecks, but nice nonetheless. All three (four) of them had really refreshing attitudes about the whole thing. I have no doubt that they will all grow up to be stunning. Maybe it's a good thing that they are homeschooled and will be away from the drooling hormone pumped boys come high school.

In regards to Hope and her rediculous mother, if there is one thing I cannot stand it's a sore loser. What a wonderful thing to model for your child there, Fat Ass. When you don't get what you want, throw a fit and storm out. That'll show 'em.

CCC1983

CCC1983

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:15 PM

What a trainwreck! I loved the Sprinkle girls though. They were pretty girls both naturally and all dolled up. Loved that they were so down to earth outside of the pagent (playing with a snake, target practice with the guns). Hope had on way to much eyeshadow and looked straight out of an 80's music video. And to her mom...way to teach your daughter good sportsmanship by running out of the pagent that way. That pagent was a joke to say the least and I think the Sprinkle girls would have done better in a more well put together pagent. Also, I'm with the Sprinkle mom in saying how the heck can 27 other women just drop out of a pagent? 1 or 2, yes but 27??!! I had a feeling something was up though, the way they kept pushing it back.

ETA: Was it just the camera editing, are were they really packing up all the tables and such while Sprinkle mom was on stage? And those crowns were fugly (but at least they were small enough to fit on the girls heads instead of swallowing them up they way they usually do).

Edited by CCC1983, Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:17 PM.

Ceri

Ceri

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:20 PM

How much of a trainwreck was this pageant before the "parting" of the directors?...A judge related to a contestant? The fired director going to the house of a contestant to "let her know"? Holy cow...something stinks there.

The mom that stormed off (Hope's mom?) was a MESS! Would it kill her to run a brush through her hair?...and her daughter was not a pretty kid...and what is with the freakin'belly shirts on so many of these kids?

The Sprinkles family seemed quite lovely...they seemed close and supportive of each other. The girls are all very pretty. I was sure that the oldest (Savannah?) would win something.

Sara was like a deer in headlights...another kid who looked "blank" when not made up...and the makeup didn't really do much for her..

I don't understand the whole semi-incestuous makeup artist/coaches/director relationships...the girls who use all of the appropriate connections are the only ones who have a chance of winning?

...those were some fugly crowns.

Arkay

Arkay

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:21 PM

I'm fascinated by the two fists below the chin wobbly head pretty eyes pose. I know "fist on chin" is a standard model-y pose but they usually are resting their elbow on something. Whats the point of both fists?

This has always been my least favorite maneuver from these kids. I just can't stand it. It seems to be standard as it's been done across all the pageants, in every locale, by every age group. But WHY? It's such a stupid looking move. A bunch of bobblehead children, yech.

I would like to be in a pageant myself if I can be the only contestant and win by default (even if the big prize never arrives)! So funny that Mrs. Sprinkle had to do the whole pageant whirl-and-twirl even though it was a foregone conclusion. I thought the Sprinkle girls were pretty and well-spoken. That Hope girl, though, sorry but no, not pretty. The mother is going to have a rude awakening when they are being judged in the real world, not one where if you pay a fee you are occasionally crowned as a "beauty." The mother's attitude was miserable, a sore loser, and it's going to negatively affect her little girl. I'm sure there are plenty of areas in which Hope can find success, but if she takes after her mother, beauty will not be it.

ellen89

ellen89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:26 PM

I loved the Sprinkle girls. I was actually shocked they didn't do better. I thought they competed very well and all three of those girls were beautiful. I hated that eye shadow on Hope and was I the only one who thought her hair looked like crap. As soon as I began to think she wasn't the crazy mom in this episode, she threw her little boohoo my baby girl lost tantrum. I thought Sara was adorable and they didn't seem over the top. And this pageant was the biggest hot mess. And how unprofessional that she made all those babies start all over again because she lost their forms. All I was wondering was did they rejudge them and if they did what if one of those little girls did amazing the first time and then threw a fit the second time.

stripedpjs

stripedpjs

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:34 PM

Dear Hope's mom,

Pageants are not for your daughter. Why not enroll her in an activity such as dance class where she might have a chance to excel, and possibly work off some of the weight that she is already gaining? And spend some of the money you will save on more nutritious food. Oh, and next time you storm off after your daughter loses, please be sure that she is securely seat-belted in the back seat of the car. Thanks.

doublebungalow

doublebungalow

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:36 PM

This seemed like a "pay (under the table) to win" pagent. When they showed the judges table it was like looking at four people who cannot or do not want to relate to the girls on stage and some of the judges were even looking down, immersed in their paperwork. How can someone relate to the [i]sour puss [/judges]? At least the judges could look interested. I have a feeling the decisions on winners were already made and they did not want to even see the contestants. The announcer/owner of the pagent runs to the judges to say "I may be having a panic attack" when the entry forms are lost...Whose in charge here?

Edited by doublebungalow, Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:39 PM.

tortietat

tortietat

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:02 PM

A bunch of bobblehead children, yech.

I was thinking bobble heads all the way through, and thought poor little Hope was the worst bobbler of them all. She had a strange wobble to her head when she did her pageant walk. Mama Hope needs to get a grip on herself.

And speaking of grip.......what was it with Miss Pageant Director and her bizarre way of holding the microphone?

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:20 PM

I've only seen the last couple of these, though I've enjoyed reading the ongoing debate about worst names (the Alycesaundra thing was .... appalling) and I have a question.

In both the ones I've seen (the Sterling/Paris/lunatic RedBull ma and tonight's) and in other pagenty shows I've seen they do the thing with the 'if you didn't win anything that might mean you actually won the big prize at the end.'

Except tonight, they seemed to have given the 'big (word they were pathetic)' prizes to girls who'd won in the earlier rounds.

Which, I don't get how someone is supposed to be either not good enough to win their own category, but good enough to win the whole thing OR the people who win their own categories aren't as good as people who don't. Like I just don't get the entire premise of the 'supremes' thing. How did that originate? That's not how they do it at 'real' pagents.

Someone asked why the Sprinkle (how do you not change it if that's your last name?) woman went up anyway and as soon as they said there was a prize I figured that's why she did it. Not that she got it but...

These pagents are such desperate trash. That 'SUMMER BABY' or whatever tonight's was called, spelled out in coloured cardboard letters on the curtain was so pathetic looking.

freddy37

freddy37

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:36 PM

The Good: Mrs. Sprinkle you are raising three supportive, sweet, and beautiful daughters. Good for you for getting up there. Best of luck getting your prize.

The Bad: Well the neutral. Sara. I got nothing.

The Ugly: Super fatso mom (who appropriately had a ad for "half ton mom" appear while on screen), her bad immature attitude, and her big nosed, rat haired, blue frosted eye-shadowed daughter. You actually though she would win the big prize??? Oh my word....

retiredonsofa

retiredonsofa

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:47 PM

The Sparkle girls were so well rounded; good job Mr/Mrs Sparkle. They do the beauty pagents, support each other, and win or lose they are happy. Mrs. Sparkle homes schools the girls. Mr. Sparkle teaches them to shoot, hunt and fish.
In they're spare time they spend quality time playing with Steve, the pet snake, which includes watching him eat mice whole.
Who knew this is what future Miss America is made of.

Dacorbett

Dacorbett

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:52 PM

So Sara's mom quit her job and enrolled in cosmetology school because of Sara participating in pageants? Did I hear that right?

Edited by Dacorbett, Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:53 PM.

retiredonsofa

retiredonsofa

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:58 PM

So Sara's mom quit her job and enrolled in cosmetology school because of Sara participating in pageants? Did I hear that right?

Dacorbett,

Yes, she quit her job working at a doctor's office. Maybe not such a wise decision in this economy.

aright

aright

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 12:11 AM

What the heck was up with Hope's mom's crying fit about parents beating their children if they did not place? Guilt on her part, what actually happens to Hope when she storms off the stage because she didn't win or manifestations of former abuse with mom? I was so confused about her crying about this mess.

Also, I bet poor Hope lost some points when Mom barked at the judges to "TURN THE MUSIC ON" & "Get OFF the stage till the music comes on". And one judge mentioned hating watching parents perform the routines with the kids while they were on stage interspersed with clips of Hope & Mom doing routine.

PrincessFenyx

PrincessFenyx

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 12:18 AM

Wow just wow! That was the trashiest pagent of them all. Hope's mom was possibly the worst example of how a parent so react in those situations. Seriouly how well did she think her kid was going to do with that make-up and hair? I know it's wrong to judge kids but that's kinda what they signed up for. I loved the Sprinkles not just because I so want that to be my last name(hehe). But also they really did seem normal and they seemed like although they wanted to win ( because that's kinda the point) it didn't upset them too much when they didn't. I thought all the Sprinkle girls did so well I really shocked me the older girls didn't win anything. I got a rigged vibe but that's just me. And BTW just going to add lamest pagent ever!

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 12:29 AM

I liked the Sprinkle girls too. They were really cute and did a good job. Also, props to Mom Sprinkle for doing the pageant, even though she was the only one! Sucks that she never got her prize though. That pageant was effed up.

As for Hope, I actually thought she looked nice in her little blue dress, but yeah, her teeth needed work. Maybe her Mom could spend a little less on groceries, and get Hope some dental care.

Oh, and next time you storm off after your daughter loses, please be sure that she is securely seat-belted in the back seat of the car. Thanks.

Seriously. The kid hadn't even sat down yet when her Mom went peeling out of the parking lot. Sheesh!

pamiam

pamiam

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 12:35 AM

WTH was that shirt Hope's KLASSY mom was wearing when they were shopping for a dress?? Exactly what were those two circle type shape things over the boobs? And where would you buy something like that? That kid looked like she was made up for a 60s sci-fi movie?? AWWWWWFUL!!!

Canaduck

Canaduck

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 1:12 AM

That kid looked like she was made up for a 60s sci-fi movie??

Without the flipper, I was thinking vampire movie, myself. I couldn't figure out why Hope's mom was weeping about the kids whose parents punished them for not winning. It's a good thing she was there to demonstrate how good parents act. *eyeroll* She said something like, "When Hope gets mad, so do I." Way to teach your daughter how to lose gracefully, Mom.

Speaking of the 60s, I felt like I'd been teleported back in time to the set of the Lawrence Welk show, what with all the ancient hairdos these poor kids had.

darkarya

darkarya

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 1:31 AM

Oh my god. I've been to some low key, low budget pageants but have never seen anything as bad as this mess of a pageant! It was absolutely terrible! From what I heard it was completely rigged. The director getting rid of the judges a week before the pageants is a big indication of that. One of the judges was said to be the coach of the ultimate winner. According to the people who were there competing, it was even worse then TLC showed it. Apparently they went as far as to turn off the cameras and say that it was rigged.

If it wasn't rigged the Sprinkle girls would have definitely placed higher. All three were beautiful and extremely poised and polished, and not in the robotic, plastic smile way. I loved the family's positive attitude, it seemed so sincere and it was a refreshing contrast to the horrors of Jaime Sterling.

I agree with the judges about not liking the moms doing the routines behind the judges table. If a child has to watch mom to know what to do then she isn't looking at the judges and eye contact is always part of the score. With the younger age divisions it is more understandable but the older girls should know their routines. Girls Hope's age shouldn't be taking cues from mom while they are onstage. Also, Hope's sparkly blue eye make-up was terrible and her hair was a mess, it drove me nuts every time I saw it.

Mellieb

Mellieb

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 3:48 AM

Ultimate Grand Supreme Hot Mess with Extra Cheese.
The pagent director had an actual hunchback.

Hope unfortunately looks EXACTLY like her mother - wide nose, no neck, and all. Not as bad on a kid but that mother has to be the fugliest one on this show yet. They even had the same "smelled something foul" expression. The 10 tons of peacock blue eyeshadow halfway up her forehead didn't help matters any.

Loved loved loved the Sprinkle sisters. Loved that they said they are more excited when their sisters win than when they themselves do. Think it was definitely rigged because the middle one in particular was not only a stunning little girl but turned in a flawless performance and yet she won exactly nothing.

Sara's mother had the personality of a dishrag but Sara was a cutie.

Did you see the one in the 11-13 age group who won most photogenic? I admit to thinking there must have been some massive photoshopping going on.

The judges all looked like they were picked up on the Miss Clairol aisle at Walmart all buying the same shade of bimbo-blonde bleach.

P.S. The girls in this episode all had normal names.

Edited by Mellieb, Sep 3, 2009 @ 3:49 AM.