Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

Madmarsha

Madmarsha

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

Oh please, PLEASE, more of the drag queen judges!! Ok, they can't judge every pageant, but could we just have their comments? Like mystery science theater with drag queens!!

Yes, please. That's even more better.

otterhere

otterhere

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Again, I didn't get that t-shirt dad was gay at all, and I rather pride myself on my gaydar! Just because a man's a misogynist doesn't make him gay (if anything, gay guys get along with gals and vise-versa).

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

Just because a man's a misogynist doesn't make him gay (if anything, gay guys get along with gals and vise-versa).

Yes, but self-loathing, closeted gays can sometimes overcompensate to hide their gayness, such as wearing stripper-related t-shirts.

Ladyhawk777

Ladyhawk777

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

Toss in the Office Depot judge and the African American judge who looked like she had bad gas (the one who said the pretty little African American girl was "too boppy"), and you've got a deal! Make sure it's filmed in New-Vada (as opposed to Old-Vada).

Who was the Office Depot judge? Don't forget Deedy Melanson and her boob dog and Nyahsha Zimucha, "Miss Whatever Stupid Title I Can Think Of"

Leara83

Leara83

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

Who was the Office Depot judge? Don't forget Deedy Melanson and her boob dog and Nyahsha Zimucha, "Miss Whatever Stupid Title I Can Think Of

Oh god, Nyasha was a pageant judge on T+T? She ruined "The A List: NY" which was a guilty pleasure of mine.

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

Again, I didn't get that t-shirt dad was gay at all, and I rather pride myself on my gaydar! Just because a man's a misogynist doesn't make him gay (if anything, gay guys get along with gals and vise-versa).

I hadn't even seen him yet, only heard him speak, and my gaydar was pinging off the charts. The first couple of sentences he said were off camera and I immediately thought we were going to be treated to a little girl who was possibly living with two dads. If he's not gay then I wonder if he gets asked if he is gay a lot. That could explain his reliance on those t-shirts. There has to be some kind of story behind those retched things.

Shermie

Shermie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

The twins are NOT beautiful babies/toddlers & all the expensive trappings Mr. Seabiscuit buys to please Mrs. Seabiscuit aren't going to help one bit.

Aw, I thought the girls were very cute. Spoiled rotten, yes. But cute too. And their older brothers were great for participating in the kiddie pageant nonsense.

In spite of how much their mother is disliked here, it seems their family is very loving. Since she said she isn't going to continue with pageants, maybe the twins will settle down.

Stlouielouie

Stlouielouie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Aw, I thought the girls were very cute. Spoiled rotten, yes. But cute too. And their older brothers were great for participating in the kiddie pageant nonsense.

In spite of how much their mother is disliked here, it seems their family is very loving. Since she said she isn't going to continue with pageants, maybe the twins will settle down.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, because I thought the twins were actually fairly homely. They sort of looked like shrunken old men who had unibrows. Not cute at all to me. The baby - well, bless his heart. I don't have an opinion on the mother except that she seems to (only by what I see on the show) not really care what her children want - or what is best for them. They were both screaming and carrying on and were rather embarrassing in their behavior. She sat there with a stoned smile on her face saying - oh if they didn't really want to be there, I would take them home. Come on lady - your children are acting like monsters and have snot running out of their noses and yet you do nothing. I think it was weird that adult men would want to strip down to their swimsuits to participate in a kiddie pageant....My 22 year old son would tell me I was crazy and wouldn't have anything to do with the entire thing. The entire family just seems "off" to me...but having said all that I still think they weren't the biggest "freaks" on the show that would go to the single dad who seems to want his daughter (since she is female) to be a stripper - or was just hiding his gayness. The cat-like gramma was pretty weird too. The entire show was a freak fest and I must admit - I laughed throughout the entire show.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

I think it was weird that adult men would want to strip down to their swimsuits to participate in a kiddie pageant....My 22 year old son would tell me I was crazy and wouldn't have anything to do with the entire thing. The entire family just seems "off" to me.

The first time Seabiscuit and family were on, she said she had had more husbands than she wanted to admit to and had a whole slew of kids. So maybe she and the kids had a tough life until she hooked Dr. Moneybags, and so the boys go along with whatever because they're happy to be living on easy street rather than skid row. It is a weird dynamic.

Edited by Joymarie, Aug 28, 2012 @ 8:05 PM.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Who was the Office Depot judge? Don't forget Deedy Melanson and her boob dog and Nyahsha Zimucha, "Miss Whatever Stupid Title I Can Think Of"

WOW! Blast from the past! Those two were on "Little Miss Perfect" (wonder what Michael Galano is doing now? remember how he used to sing that hokey song like Bert Parks at Miss America?) I thin Nyahsha was Miss South Africa? And Deedy reminded me of Mary Murphy from So you Think you Can Dance. That show featured my favorite all time pageant girl, Jayne (with the Russian lawyer mother). She sang Yankee Doodle!

SyncMaster

SyncMaster

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 1:52 AM

And the fake Cher's disapproval of the twins' behavior was so great he had to triple-size it: "[The twins weren't professional] At all. At all. At all!"

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

Oh my, I guess they decided to do a "homely girls" episode. None of the three were pretty. Poor Emma was chunky as well, and the rumba costume did her no favors.

If this was mentioned, then I missed it, but does Destiny have Down's Syndrome? She seemed to have Down's features, especially her eyes. Either way, she was pretty articulate for her age and had the best attitude of the bunch.

So happy that Ava slapped her mother.

glitterintheair

glitterintheair

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

I could not get into this eppy. It was so boring, the pageant director looke d a hot mess, the girls were not interesting, and no over the top families!

PolkaDotty

PolkaDotty

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

I promised myself I wouldn't make any value judgments, so submitted without comment:

"Is her sleepy?"

"Her real sleepy."

Oh, good grief!

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

I need to know the logistics for that one mother's hair.

tortietat

tortietat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

Oh my, I guess they decided to do a "homely girls" episode. None of the three were pretty. Poor Emma was chunky as well, and the rumba costume did her no favors.

While Destiny did seem to be really enjoying herself, I didn't think she was at all "facially gifted."

I believe Emma could give Danielle a run for her money in the obnoxious child department.

The Hell Bus is gassed up and ready to go, so I'll be on my way now.

glitterintheair

glitterintheair

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

There have been a few families featured with children whose physical apperance is not what would be considered the "norm"
When these kids are participating because "it helps boost self esteem" ...do you judge it the same as you do the crazaars?

tortie, my ride is booked on that bus to hell!

Edited by glitterintheair, Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:11 PM.

NJRach

NJRach

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

I think Destiny was part Asian, her eyes looked different because she had epicanthic folds, which is common to Asians. She has a look like the Gosselin sextuplets, light brown hair but Asian in her background somewhere. It was odd because her mom wan't Asian, so I expected her Dad to have a John Gosselin look, like half Korean or Chinese. But he wasn't either. Maybe she was adopted?

PolkaDotty

PolkaDotty

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

I think Emma was cute, if a little chubby. When she was on the stage she reminded me of a dear friend, when we were little girls together. She grew up to be a beautiful woman. Emma is at a very awkward stage right now -- that black dress was gorgeous, but just not her dress yet. And she's too mature for a cupcake dress.

An appreciation of the menfolk:

I liked the male judge who seemed to be just flat-out enjoying the show; the announcer had a melliflous voice; and the dad (Destiny's?) looked like a good sport.

It's just Ava's mom bugged me.

Her really did.

Edited by PolkaDotty, Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:25 PM.

Stlouielouie

Stlouielouie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

Hahaha - my sentiments exactly!!! One was homelier than the next...the mom's were interesting to say the least....That little girl who had the same pink car was way way cuter than Ava. I love it - probably going to hell for it but man the show just amuses me!!!

ashlynne

ashlynne

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

What the crud:

I think a 3 year old with a cigarette is worse than the cone boobs and dolly parton outfit and I almost think worse than prosti-tot. No, it is not "acting" when a 3 year old has a fake cigarette. It is poor and delusional parenting.

Also, I'm sick and fricking tired of bribing kids. Personally, I count to the number 1 and that is all I give. I don't count to 3. I don't bribe. Sometimes I will "discuss" but only when good behavior is part of that package. These parents are fools and idiots and raising a generation of fools and idiots.

Oh, and I always love an episode where I see Lori (Alaska and Braxton's mom) in the audience because you just know she'll act the fool at some point.

Destiny's updo was crappy and so was Emma's. Basically I hate the updo on these kids. I did however sort of like Ava's.

Edited by ashlynne, Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:38 PM.

Happerstance

Happerstance

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Destiny is not facially gifted. Not at all.

Ava's mother sounded like a delusional whackadoodle. She thought someone might have bribed the hair stylist to convince all the other girls' mothers to put their hair up so their baby could be the only one with a fall? That's crazy talk.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

The Hell Bus is gassed up and ready to go, so I'll be on my way now.

Save a seat for me because I agree, this was the homeliest set of girls yet.

It cracked me up when Destiny's mom said she always wins Supreme Personality. Why is that not surprising?

I kept wondering if it's still 1985 in WideSpotInTheRoad, Tennessee. There was so much over-processed, crinkly hair and teased bangs. Plus the bad, dated decor like the swag drapes. All except for Destiny's mom; those chunky streaks were straight up 1977. Except there weren't as many overweight people in the 80s.

I thought I saw Alaska's mother in the audience. I was expecting Alaska to get called for Grand Nacho Supreme.

I wonder if I could earn some extra money going to pageants and getting someone to pay me to go to the other moms and tell them their kids should wear up-dos with wiglets so the child whose mom is paying me can stand out with a baby fall.

The music the producers are using because they can't pay for the actual music continues to get more and more bizarre. I cracks me up. Where do they get this stuff?

Someone named their little girl Jerzee!

Edited by Joymarie, Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:07 PM.

ashlynne

ashlynne

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Oliviana (not a featured girl) - the one in yellow - was a cutie. Honestly, Ava in beauty was sort of cute too.

I just can't get past Emma's hair. Ugh. The hair did her no favors. Neither did the dress. The dress was beautiful but it did not suit her at all.

I just have to say, how many parents do you actually hear say to their kids "don't forget to smoke." And then to say that she doesn't think she will be criticized. Seriously? This woman is delusional. Does she watch this show and know how severely these parents are mocked?

tortietat

tortietat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

Agree the cigarette was in poor taste, especially for a four year old, but since I grew up in an era when children walked around with candy cigarettes in their mouths, I don't suppose I should say too much on the subject.

Destiny was a very articulate four year old, but was not otherwise mature. Like most of these pageant children she is not acquainted with the "no" word. Can't begin to tell you how quickly she would have been dealt with had she been my child and done that spitting thing.

ragglesnaggle

ragglesnaggle

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

I think the thing that disturbed me the most about the cigarette is the mom's excuse that "Well, Sandy didn't smoke but she was using it for image." Which is basically saying "Smoking will make you look cool." which is a message she should be sending a child? No.

ashlynne

ashlynne

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

How many upper level titles were there? Pretty much everyone in every category wasn't called. That just isn't normal. How do these kids aspire to be the best when pretty much everyone gets a high title.

Destiny's mom - if you want grand or ultimate grand then don't put a cigarette in your kid's mouth

Agree the cigarette was in poor taste, especially for a four year old, but since I grew up in an era when children walked around with candy cigarettes in their mouths, I don't suppose I should say too much on the subject.

Yeah, I did too. And honestly it was in poor taste then also. I guess the difference is that back in the 1970s when I was a kid there wasn't the stigma on cigarette smoking that there is now. It's been a progression of understanding how bad cigarettes are for you and a more recent thing (last 20 years maybe) of focusing on not marketing cigarettes to kids. So mom had really poor judgment and I hope the judges wrote on the score sheet why they deducted points.

MomByProxy

MomByProxy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

Alaska had zero chance of winning the Ultimate against the girl who won. That is Chloe Kasey, she wins EVERYWHERE.

NJRach

NJRach

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Ava's mom had the strangest shape. From looking at her head and very large chin, you'd think she was 300 lbs. But then when you saw the full-body shot, she wasn't that heavy. And what was with the 'do? It hovered one story above her head. In the last scene it appeared to be sliding downward.

And I might be dating myself, but Ava's mom's voice was a dead-ringer for the old Carol Burnett show, when Vicky Lawrence played the part of Momma. The two women seemed to be Momma and Eunice in that skit.

getalife

getalife

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

What was with the fat kids tonight? Both Emma and Destiny were carrying too much weight for their frames.

I was surprised by how much Destiny reminded me of Makenzie (Ni-Ni). She had the same horrible teeth (and I saw her sucking her thumb in one shot) and the same mannerisms. I didn't care for her at all.

Emma was a little bitch, that's all I'll say.

Can't believe Destiny's mom thought she wouldn't get flack over the cigarette. Idiot.

Ava was cute but I fear she's going to be a brat. Grandma needs to take a valium.