Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Boy, I think a couple of the kids on this week's episode were actually developmentally delayed and probably need some sort of intervention.

It was really more depressing than entertaining.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

I'm smushing the delusional mothers together. They've turned into a blur for me.

JuneCsEvilTwin

JuneCsEvilTwin

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Am I the only one who liked Gabby's winter wear from last week? If they must do "winter wear," I'd rather see a girl her age in that Lucy Ricardo-meets-Angela Lansbury number than a Santa's little hooker getup. For one thing, you could actually *wear* that outfit in winter, unlike some of those other outfits, whose only concession to "winter" is boots and a bit of fur trim.

"Put some fur and boots on it and call it winter wear" must be the pageant equivalent of "glue some gears on it and call it steampunk."

Alaska's stepdad is still making those insulting comments ("How can someone so rotten be so gorgeous?"), which IMO are far more damaging than his simply appreciating that his stepdaughter is nice to look at.

The weirdest family I ever saw though was one where they had a tanning bed right in the living room.

Don't forget the family with the stripper pole -- er, exercise pole. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Squidlet. Ugh. Someone needs to introduce her parents to this nifty new invention called "timeout." Or that nifty old one called "spanking." I was amazed that Demon Child was so "on" onstage after being so out of control at home.

::Resists urge to make obvious joke about what sort of "cultures" Tricia was exposing poor little SamiJo to::

Edited by JuneCsEvilTwin, Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:09 PM.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

When the child can't speak even halfway clearly at age 3, is demanding a pacifer in public, mama is morbidly obese and thinks maxing out all the credit cards on pageants is a "good investment," I think they need to realign their goals to getting the child out of high school without being obese.

I think you may have Destiny's mom and Camari's mom mixed up. Destiny's mom was the blonde, she was of normal weight. Camari's mom was the chunker.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

See note above. It was deliberate smushing of delusional moms. They form an archetype for me now.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

Of all the crazy pageant moms, I look forward to Crazy Tricia the most. She's seriously deluded and self-obsessed, but isn't as pissy as others. Not surprised that hubby divorced her, or that she only has jobs that barely require clothing. She might need to get more sleep or invest in some good moisturizing cream, because her face is ravaged.

And that has to be the first time that a pageant mom spent more time fixing her own make-up instead of her child's, right before Beauty.

Could've done without seeing the deer leg.

akp124

akp124

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:38 AM

Does that little girl with the pacifier have a speech disorder? I don't think I've heard her talk normal ONCE.

I like Sami Jo. But that whole 'cultural' thing was weird...lol

Camari, Calamari, omg lol

RuthlessBunny

RuthlessBunny

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

Husbunny and I watch T&T mostly for the train wreckage. NOTHING topped "We named our daughter after squid." We laughed so hard the cats scattered. SQUID??

There is nothing grosser than a kid with teach nomming a pacifier. Nothing. The really terrible speach delay should be a red flag that perhaps the binky isn't such a great idea.

I too could have done without deer parts. Doesn't that start to smell after awhile. Yuk!

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 11:15 AM

Honestly I would rather have a well behaved child who did worse onstage than the absolute brat that did a good job.

Camari has a huge speech impediment that definitely needs speech therapy. The problem is that no one will catch it until she either goes to kindergarten or a very perceptive pre-school teacher catches it. Poor baby.

What is with the kids falling off the interview chair? Reminded me of Brenna.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

Possibly the worst episode yet as far as ratings go. It was a 0.2 or worse and didn't make the top 100 cable shows.

akp124

akp124

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

Which episode is the one wit bitchy danielle/a? I feel like watching it again.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:31 PM

Which episode is the one wit bitchy danielle/a? I feel like watching it again.

Gold Coast Arizona. It's the one episode that never gets deleted from my PVR.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Gold Coast Arizona. It's the one episode that never gets deleted from my PVR.

Ah yes. I can still feel the sweet tingle of pleasure I got when that little sociopathic bitch lost to a one year old. I don't think I've ever seen a more vile, unlikeable kid.

akp124

akp124

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

Thank you!!!

I have Kelli as one of my friends on Facebook. She wrote that she got a new nanny. I would like to know why lol.

Arizona Gold Coast has got to be my favorite episode. My three favorite girls are on and the bitch cries.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

Does that little girl with the pacifier have a speech disorder? I don't think I've heard her talk normal ONCE.

I swore that child had the pacifier in upside down most of the time. So no wonder she sounded awful.

kelslamu

kelslamu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

I had to go find Arizona Gold Coast online. You guys are right! Danielle is something else. It's her mother's fault. She was mad at the little girls for taking her spotlight. Wow...just wow!

kauaigirl

kauaigirl

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

Aloha!

Wow, you know it is a bad night when I was forced to "cheer" on Sammi Jo simply because she was the only child whose family didn't go on camera and abuse animals and leave dead animal parts in their garage. And who in the heck puts their 3 year old in an ATV, throw in the "family" dog after her and let the other kidlet charge around the area - without helmets! I thought I was watching another show on this same channel that has to do with travellers! Actually there are a heck of a lot of similarities!

Camari = calamari! Everyone has already said it, I can only hope when that child grows old enough she can change her name legally to something a little more appetizing than an starter at TGI Fridays!

Every one of these mothers was disgusting and beyond the definition of "low rent". I have no idea what the heck that was supposed to be on Sammi Jo's head at the end of the competition (a birthday cake with a candle? You've got to be kidding!), but she looked about as freakish as they come in this show, and that is saying something! The whole Sammi Jo storyline seemed like an excuse for the mother to show off her ta-ta's, didn't she say she was posing for a "calendar"?? Ha!

The thing that I don't like about this season is the "session" with the Judges talking about each girl's "performance". So fake, so set-up, and completely worth a good fast-forwarding session every time! Also the pitting one mother against another in a set up feud, also not making good TV in my opinion.

NoWhammies

NoWhammies

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

I love Arizona Gold Coast. My favorite T&T ever. I've had a bad day because someone stole my spotlight, so maybe I'll go watch it again and laugh at the happy ending.

katiegrrl3000

katiegrrl3000

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

Boy, I think a couple of the kids on this week's episode were actually developmentally delayed and probably need some sort of intervention. It was really more depressing than entertaining?

This. Trailer homes. Credit card debt. Mistreated pets. Hooters jobs. A kid named after an appetizer. I needed a stiff drink after this one.

Tricia has always been one of my favorite train wrecks but in this episode I just found everything about her and her life to be really, really, sad. She's delusional, ridiculous and tacky but she strikes me as being more clueless than anything else. Poor girl didn't have enough sense to get a nose job before the boobs. I'll hand it to her, she has a great body but she's not, shall we say "facially gifted."

I found Tricia, leopard bikini and all, to be way more tolerable than Jennifer. She was a 1st class bitch. Don't get me wrong, I love a good catty pageant mom fight but Jennifer seemed overly invested in rubbing a lose in Tricia's face. She was just ugly. Even though it's a total BS Supreme I was glad Sammi Jo won something higher than her squidlett.

And that kid? Camari? Good God, what a mess. I agree there is something developmentally wrong with that child. I re-watched the show and she did not utter a single complete sentence throughout the entire episode. She didn't even seem capable of saying her own name. I hope the show prompts people to talk to Jennifer about getting Camari professionally evaluated for autism, learning disabilities, and speech therapy.

All I can say about Destiny and her mother is... that dress, it will haunt me. Hideous, just hideous.

Shermie

Shermie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 7:55 AM

Camari = calamari!

Actually, her mother spells her name Camarie, with an "e". I guess it sounds more name-y that way and less like squid. Oy, good thing she didn't have a craving for asparagus or cantaloupe or macaroni while pregnant. However, to me Camarie looks like it should be pronounced Ca-Marie (like Kay Marie) or something.

I have no idea what the heck that was supposed to be on Sammi Jo's head at the end of the competition (a birthday cake with a candle?)

I assumed it was a cupcake hat; you know, to stick with the cupcake dress concept.

The editors were on fire:
- After Destiny's mom yammered on about her maxed out credit cards that her husband doesn't know about, cut to a sign that says "Wrong Way" and a billboard about marriage counselling.
- Tricia says SamiJo is a ball of energy, cut to her standing there, stone-faced.
- Tricia says SamiJo is excited for the pageant, cut to SamiJo saying "I don't want to."
- Tricia says SamiJo has "full comprehension of how this business works", cut to SamiJo twirling mindlessly.
- Camarie's mom says she loves when Camarie wins because it is proof that she is the prettiest girl, cut to Camarie pulling fugface.

I thought the '60s go-go clothes were cute, but pageant moms? That is not '70s, nor is it disco wear. Take a few minutes away from spray tanning and Google "disco clothes".

Destiny's mom had some of the most atrocious grammar: "My husband don't know about...", he "killed the deers".

At least Tricia dressed nicely and spends some time on her own appearance, unlike most pageant slobs. However, it seems to be feast or famine, as the woman is so proud of her new boobs that she only works in jobs that require showing them off. At least, she is exposing her children to culturally diverse situations. ::eye roll::

Edited by Shermie, Apr 23, 2012 @ 6:05 PM.

I Watch Junk

I Watch Junk

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

What the hell happened to the woman with the mole? Last SammiJoGraceMissAmericaMissUnitedStatesSammiJoGrace appearance, she and Tricia were going to find fame and fortune through lingerie football (WTF? LOL!) and now she is nowhere to be found.

We've also seen Mole in another episode. The one where the girl (can't remember the name) climbed doorways like spiderman and was up against Maybrie I believe? She was talking with Spidie girl's mom and saying that Maybrie is really good. (And that mom I think is the hair and makeup mom who scolded psycho Russian Mom. God the useless knowledge my brain contains...)

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

What the hell happened to the woman with the mole? Last SammiJoGraceMissAmericaMissUnitedStatesSammiJoGrace appearance, she and Tricia were going to find fame and fortune through lingerie football (WTF? LOL!) and now she is nowhere to be found.

I think Tricia lost her in the divorce.

All the recent talk of the Gold Coast Arizona episode got me to watch it again. The thing is, Danielle is really blessed with good looks. She has a beautiful face, a great smile, and her eyes light up onstage, making her a solid contestant. It's a shame that her personality is so awful.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

The thing is, Danielle is really blessed with good looks. She has a beautiful face, a great smile, and her eyes light up onstage, making her a solid contestant. It's a shame that her personality is so awful.

The thing is, every time I look at her I see Phoebe Cates.

Or in a creepy way, Small Wonder Vicki.

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Apr 22, 2012 @ 4:04 PM.

phizzyjane

phizzyjane

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

When there's a show like this showing three year olds replying obediently to their moms, "beauty is pain", you just know it's all about the moms and not about the kids (welfare). Some sad mentally ill parents out there in pageant world.

needschocolate

needschocolate

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

Camari = calamari! Everyone has already said it, I can only hope when that child grows old enough she can change her name legally to something a little more appetizing than an starter at TGI Fridays!

Like Sushi - or stick with the appetizer thing and change it to BloominOnion or CoconutShrinp - of course, it would have to be spelled KoKonytShrymp

MissAudrey

MissAudrey

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

I have watched *a lot* of Toddlers and Tiaras and I'm normally pretty laid back the craziness but I gasped out loud at this episode. Camarie is just the worst. She tried to punch her dog in the face, you guys. I know that she's 3 and that it's her mother's fault that she's such a beast, but I'm legitimately appalled. The fact that she walked up to a table, started throwing things and her mother didn't immediately remove her from the situation and sit her in time out is mind boggling. I'm not really interesting in snarking on the physical appearances of the folks on this show, but Jennifer is ugly on the inside and she's raising an ugly on the inside daughter.

Leshyn63

Leshyn63

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

Frankly, I can't decide which is worse: naming a child after an appetizer, or for Heather Locklear's character on 'Dallas.' Kickin' it old school, I suppose. . .

FriedButter

FriedButter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:59 AM

I got the biggest kick out of the male judge in black with the hair as tall as Jesus (or whatever that saying is).

Frankly, I can't decide which is worse: naming a child after an appetizer, or for Heather Locklear's character on 'Dallas.' Kickin' it old school, I suppose. . .

I think you mean Dynasty not Dallas :) They were kind of all the same though.

Gabby's face seemed a little strange to me (for lack of a better word). She looked like she was about 40.

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

When I read the description of the episode, I thought at first that it said "Calamari" instead of "Camarie." I re-read it and had a little laugh to myself because it's so sad that Calamari doesn't seem like an odd name on that show anymore. Then when her mom said that she did in fact name her kid after the fried squid, I had a bigger laugh because that was just awesome. I was hoping it was just some unfortunate coincidence but nope...poor child is named after rubbery fried food.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

I have watched *a lot* of Toddlers and Tiaras and I'm normally pretty laid back the craziness but I gasped out loud at this episode. Camarie is just the worst. She tried to punch her dog in the face, you guys. I know that she's 3 and that it's her mother's fault that she's such a beast, but I'm legitimately appalled. The fact that she walked up to a table, started throwing things and her mother didn't immediately remove her from the situation and sit her in time out is mind boggling. I'm not really interesting in snarking on the physical appearances of the folks on this show, but Jennifer is ugly on the inside and she's raising an ugly on the inside daughter.

I was shocked too, but not because of the tantrum. I was shocked because this little 3 year old was cursing up a storm, AND throwing things and hitting, AND her mom did nothing about it. I don't understand why some of the moms on this show try to play it off, instead of disciplining their child.

I agree, however, that Camarie's mom is probably using that language in reference to Sami Jo's mom. I'm always amazed that the moms get so personal and personally offended about these pageants, and maybe it's an indicator of needing to get out of pageants over all.