Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

Forgive me, but Isabella is an ugly child inside and out...taking into consideration her comments about Paisley and her other comments in general. I realize she is learning this from her mom, but it is not cute on a child her age or any age for that matter. She should know better.

She's only five years old. All she knows is what she learns/hears at home...and at school if she gets to go. Her mother is focused and delusional. The attitudes of Isabella and her mother have landed them on several national television talk/news shows. I'm sure they consider themselves big winners.

Isabella's older sister's name is Victoria.

getalife

getalife

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:28 AM

Wendy definitely knows what she is doing with the biker outfit, and it's all about getting media attention despite what she said on Wednesday's show. Whens she was on Dr. Phil with Isabella's mom she was questioned about the biker outfit and she claimed that a photo of Paisley was taken off of her facebook page and then she was bashed in the media again. She said she had just gone through the wringer about the Pretty Woman outfit so why would she put her daughter in a provocative outfit again. Well, that's what she did at the Darling Divas pageant, so don't tell me that it's not about publicity.

Mrs Boogaloo

Mrs Boogaloo

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:16 AM

I swear I saw Mickie Wood in the audience. When Isabella gets her Metro card her mom turns kinda back and to her left to high five a woman who is either Mickie, or her long lost twin.

I know it is hard to imagine Miss Eden Wood entering a pageant and not winning the whole thing (insert eye roll), but she was there. Near the end of the show, maybe around crowning, you can quickly see Eden being bumped aside by one of the featured girls.

As for Paisley's biker outfit, my main issue with it is that its just plain ugly. The mother suggesting it channels Samantha from Sex and The City, is an insult to the character (I say this as someone who does not care for the show or Patricia Field's styling sense).

Edited by Mrs Boogaloo, Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:17 AM.

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

Ok, I'll bite: who was Isabella's sister who appeared on Dr. Phil with the mother? I remember the mother, but not the daughter.

Here you go.

jezziebezzie

jezziebezzie

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

A couple of things ... First, who on earth was that poor, Godforsaken child with the unbrushed hair, head cocked to one side & a $2 'I Love NY' TShirt on? I can't remember her age, but she was dead last 'princess' of her division. Every time they showed her, it looked as though she was being forced by gunpoint to be on the stage.

Second, Gingham, I mean Paisley, won Casual Wear Supreme? What outfit was that for? Casual wear isn't another name for the New York wear, is it? Surely to God she (&her insane mother and freak agent) aren't being rewarded for her leather bondage gear?

Also, when Paisley & her mom were on Anderson (where they made Alana's mom dress glitz? My retinas burned out that day!), didn't she say that biker bondage outfit was 'just her Hallowe'en costume'? I'm sure she did...

Other than giving in on the nails & weird competition logic, I think Trisma & Shian came out looking pretty normal overall.

J

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

I was always curious why a young man would take time out of his weekend to judge a pageant of made up little girls. And now we see that he is Paisley's agent? I hate to even think this and hate more to type it out for others to read, but I hope he is in this for the money only and not a way to be around little girls.

I'm more than certain that Paisley's agent plays for the home team, if you know what I mean. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Re: Chastity, the little umkempt girl - reminds me of Samara from The Ring, who comes out of the well and out of the TV ... scary!

Callasin

Callasin

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

Poor Chastity. I just wanted to fix her hair and tell her to relax and smile so she looked pretty. She reminded me of the girl from the Ring too.

BookBee

BookBee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

I know Paisley has brothers so I wonder what her parents do for a living to afford such props, an agent and all the expenses. For some reason, I believe the mom doesn't work, but the dad must have an awfully nice job.

Last time they were on the show, Paisley's dad was wearing a uniform-style polo shirt embroidered with the name of a local car dealership, which probably means he works there.

NoWhammies

NoWhammies

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:27 PM

Watching little Chastity, she actually looked to me like she might be on the autism spectrum.

Manhattan

Manhattan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

My poor little unglitzed Chastity was just pitiful in talent. All she did was walk out on stage and wave. She showed no emotion and her hair looked like she just rolled out of bed. Her mom is just as nuts as the ones that go overboard to subject her daughter to these pageants with obviously no preparation or tools to even compete. The criticism at the pageant, from the other girls and moms, must have been through the roof. What a horrible position to put your child in.

Watching little Chastity, she actually looked to me like she might be on the autism spectrum.

That's what I had thought as well. Many parents enroll their special-needs children in pageants and other social activities. The other children and parents sort of take them under the wings, which I find rather nice and touching amidst the narcissistic madness. Judging from the applause and cheers, Chastity was a familiar face. To me, the "shocked" expression from the judges were obvious edits.

Paula in Playa

Paula in Playa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

Paisley is such a creepy looking, dead-eyed child. I cannot stand her or her mother, and I don't find her cute at all.

ITA. I don't find Paisley cute at all either. Wasn't impressed on her cheese dip episode. Not cute. Not talented. HORRIBLE singer. All she has is her trashy styling.

I had to like Shian best -- she has a dachshund!

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:52 PM

Did anyone else notice the kid whose New York wear was what I believe was supposed to be a homeless person outfit with a sign that said "will work for shoes"? That just seems wrong.

cheerauthority

cheerauthority

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

I don't find Paisley cute at all either.

I thought it was just me! Every time I see that kid on T & T she's up to her elbow in nostril. Now she's got an agent and is floating around NYC like another pageant princess we all know (I refuse to say love). And mom is telling me that she hopes people will stop calling Paisley a "prostitot". Yeah right. If that were true, why is your kid on my TV wearing an outfit that is stripper-tastic. IMO, her mother is every bit, if not more, repulsive as Mickie.

Did anyone else notice the kid whose New York wear was what I believe was supposed to be a homeless person outfit with a sign that said "will work for shoes"? That just seems wrong.

You know, I thought I saw that but was half paying attention at that point. I was one of those T & T moments where I caught it out of the corner of my eye and thought "There's no way someone would be that tacky." Of course, this is T & T and I should have expected less. Much less.

Watching this episode, one thing that crossed my mind was if Theresa Guidice from RHoNJ had her daughters in pageants, then THAT could be some good TV!

Tasya

Tasya

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

I know it is hard to imagine Miss Eden Wood entering a pageant and not winning the whole thing (insert eye roll), but she was there. Near the end of the show, maybe around crowning, you can quickly see Eden being bumped aside by one of the featured girls.

Eden isn't competing any more, but for her new show, she "tutors" new girls on what it takes to win at pageants, so that's probably why she was there.

Oscem

Oscem

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Oh, man, now I feel bad for finding that outfit funny. That was my favorite outfit - I figured Mom is a hipster, and was trying to be witty and ironic and "DSW SUCKS!". And she enters her kids in pageants because it's so uncool to objectify little girls like pageants do, and thinks she's being all anti-mainstream to do so.

Or Mom could have just been a dumbass. Same difference. The outfit still made me laugh.

This episode bored me, and we turned it off about 15 minutes before the end. I didn't find Paisley cute at all, either, but I didn't find any of the girls very cute in this one. And all of the parents annoyed the shit out of me, too.

Does this mean I'm over T&T? Hells no, say it isn't so.

baileyisland

baileyisland

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

I'm thinking Chastity is beyond the autism spectrum and falls in another category altogether -- she did not look like she even knew where she was and it was a pitiful thing to watch. Maybe her parents think this venue and activity is therapeutic but it was a sad sight.

Isabellar (from Rhode Island, the state that puts the R's where they are not) was in no way likable, nor was her mother and Paisley is just a vapid little thing. Shian, though, was a sweet, appealing girl whose mother dishonored her by whining about her award. (What kind of relaxation technique incorporates the stresses that Shian's mother used?) These women should be slapped.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

I'm thinking Chastity is beyond the autism spectrum and falls in another category altogether -- she did not look like she even knew where she was and it was a pitiful thing to watch. Maybe her parents think this venue and activity is therapeutic but it was a sad sight.

That was my impression, too. She seemed like she didn't have any idea what was going on. I felt really bad for her.

Calliope

Calliope

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

I agree. Pulling out my long unused child development degree, Chastity definitely seemed developmentally...challenged. I also think she was there as a theraputic exercise and to get her involved in different things, but she looked miserable. I hope it was just a flat affect and not how she was really.

I also thought this ep was kind of blah. I caught the ep with the crazy Russian mother right before this and was far more entertained.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

I'm so glad other people thought Chastity might have a disability of some kind, because I felt like the world's biggest bitch for thinking she seemed off from the few seconds we saw. The blank face and appearance of misery, or even her just standing there, wouldn't have seemed so unusual (at least, not when I realized she was in Paisley's age group), but there was something about the way her mother was leading her. Initially I thought she was visually impaired. She also seemed really tall to be in the 3-5 age group, which may be partly why I thought she seemed so off - I mistook her for a child of eight.

Edited by McKay, Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:24 PM.

Yeah So What

Yeah So What

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

I'm confused about some of the Supreme awards. Doesn't Plaid...uh, Paisley, winning the Casual Wear prize only have to do with what she was wearing as opposed to actually doing something? I can't believe some of the judge's comments about how 'enthusiastic' Paisley was when all I saw was her wandering around, staring vacantly, and without a smile on her face. Cannot stand Mama Paisley. That Gaga outfit was trashy enough without the strip tease at the end. I hope Burlesque is still trendy when that kid is older because she's in training for it right now. And the agent??? Really, are there that many opportunities for moderately cute kids with pushy parents?

Shian and her mother had me on their side up until Shian's meltdown over the nails and her mother's capitulating. I was really impressed that Mom didn't let her have the tips but she lost me when she gave into the hissy fit. However, out of the three kids, she was the sweetest and most aware, I think.

I still can't understand the award system even after all this time. I did like that they explained on stage that if a kid got a Metro Card they were being called back for a higher title.

Poor little girl in pink that almost walked off the stage.

roseslg

roseslg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

Just got around to watching the show. Lord, have mercy! Isabella looks like a slightly slimmer Alana (honey boo boo child). Their facial features are almost identical. You can tell that her mom was trying to come up with catchphrases and all of that. Couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Paisley: Samantha would NEVER be caught dead in that outfit! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Poor little Chastity. It broke my heart. She stood out the most for me. When she did her "NY Wear" and tried to do the Jersey Shore dance move, I must admit that I laughed, then I was immediately sad after.

The girl who almost fell off the stage and then started crying while still on the stage made me kinda sad too.

T&T, I want laughter and drama, not sadness.

Was it just me, or were those some big ass looking 3-4 year olds? Some of them had to be 6.

The "will work for shoes" was all colours of tacky. That's saying a lot for this show.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

Honey Boo Boo Child (Alana, daughter of June, the Coupon Queen) is getting her own show on TLC, according to their Facebook page. Here we go

I predict banjos.

kgirl

kgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Just letting everyone know that if you get Netflix you can watch the first episode of Eden's new show. I'm embarrassed that I did just that

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

Honey Boo Boo Child (Alana, daughter of June, the Coupon Queen) is getting her own show on TLC, according to their Facebook page. Here we go ...

Oh, no. First Micki Wood selling Eden, then the Coupon Queen and Paisley's mom selling their kids' childhoods, who is next? Now we'll see more and more staged weirdness in hopes of getting noticed and getting a show. I'm reasonably sure that's what Paisley's mom is trying to do. Coupon Queen really seemed to be working for a cross-over show in her own odd way.

kelslamu

kelslamu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

I just watched a short video with Scarlett and Isabella. I can not believe that woman said that it was a dress rehearsal and the one year old could just deal with it. That woman is messed up.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

I kind of understand Eden getting her own show. Her mom is a special brand of crazy who has devoted her whole life to turning her daughter into a famewhore. The book, the doll, the costumes, the desperation for a "career," you get how a trainwreck of a show could be developed around that. I don't get why anyone would create a show around Alana. She's an annoying little girl who thinks that acting "ghetto" and shrieking words randomly in sentences is cute. Her mother is obsessed with coupons. What the hell is interesting about these people?

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

What the hell is interesting about these people?

I don't really get it either, but it could be the freak show effect. People may watch simply to make fun of them. Sad, but I think that's what is in the making if indeed they really get a show.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

Just letting everyone know that if you get Netflix you can watch the first episode of Eden's new show. I'm embarrassed that I did just that.

I'm embarrassed that I am friends with June and Alana on facebook ~ lol!

Jaynut

Jaynut

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

I don't get why anyone would create a show around Alana. She's an annoying little girl who thinks that acting "ghetto" and shrieking words randomly in sentences is cute. Her mother is obsessed with coupons. What the hell is interesting about these people?

Absolutely nothing, McKay. I could not stand Alana and June when they were on T&T and think even less of June the Hutt (sister of Jabba) since she was on that other show in a "glitz" dress. Ugh.

getalife

getalife

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:39 AM

I don't really get it either, but it could be the freak show effect. People may watch simply to make fun of them. Sad, but I think that's what is in the making if indeed they really get a show.

Sadly, this is probably the case. The only purpose of such a show would be to exploit homely Alana and her equally appalling mother.

I too thought the "Will Work for Shoes" was in poor taste, but nothing surprises me on this show anymore.

I was disgusted by the fact that T&T kept showing poor little Chastity. There is obviously something wrong there and the fact that they kept highlighting her was mean, plain and simple.