Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

Paisley is such a creepy looking, dead-eyed child. I cannot stand her or her mother, and I don't find her cute at all. In a lot of those THs, her eyes had dark circles around them as though she was exhausted by her last Pixie Stick and Red Bull bender.

Jaynut

Jaynut

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

"One of the hottest agents in New York" - what a freakin' joke!

None of the three girls featured last night were talented, and Shian was the only one who was pretty on stage.

Paisley had a very strange flat affect except when she was mugging for the cameras in the run up to the competition. She did not smile on stage and really looked like a robot.

Isabella - her hair and makeup were hot messes, especially the hair. Her mother must be seeking the same national notoriety that Alana and June received, because all of Isabella's words and actions can be traced to Alana's off-the-wall behavior.

And this pageant did seem very low-rent, despite their copyright infringement of the metro card.

Ladle

Ladle

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

On the plus side, I just about fell out of my seat when one of the contestant's hobbies was "reading."

The weird part, to me, was that Shian won her division's supreme, right? So all the harping about how more girls stacked the odds against Shian was odd to me.

Exactly! I didn't understand this complaint not only on a sanity level but also on a technical level, and maybe someone more familiar with pageants can explain. When Shian won her division, I assumed that was the equivalent of "queening" and that she just didn't do well enough to place ("Metrocard") out of it? So how would having fewer girls in her division have helped her?

I can't believe Isabella's mother fed her straight suger and bragged that it was so much better than feeding her candy. All of these girls are going to struggle with their weight if their mothers keep doing this to them.

Nah, I'm sure the incipient anorexia and bulimia will be enough to keep that weight right down. Seriously, though, I remember when I was a little kid when I used to go visit my dad's office, his secretary would give me orange soda and let me eat some of the sugar cubes that they had set out for people's coffee. It was fantastic--I loved going there! Granted, I didn't go there very often, so it wasn't like I was huffing pixie sticks (stix?) every weekend...but I'm a normal size today. So maybe there's hope for these kids. (Obesity-wise, at least.)

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

Exactly! I didn't understand this complaint not only on a sanity level but also on a technical level, and maybe someone more familiar with pageants can explain. When Shian won her division, I assumed that was the equivalent of "queening" and that she just didn't do well enough to place ("Metrocard") out of it? So how would having fewer girls in her division have helped her?

Am I remembering totally wrong? I thought she did get a "Metrocard" and the crown she won was one of the first "supreme" crowns awarded later - I think it was called the "Division Supreme"? (I'll admit, there were painkillers involved in my watching, so I could very well have imagined that part or mixed up two different scenes.)

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

Paisley's a sweetheart, but I was really disappointed in this episode. The "I have to go to the bathroom" schtick was from last season, except then she had to "go poo" ... Her agent TOTALLY creeps me out. He has no skill or experience.

And don't get me started on pouring straight sugar down your child's throat! I much prefer me some Special Juice! And then, my Chookie Moves!

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

The crazy train is still chugging down the tracks.

Shianís mother seems crazy to me. Giving into a tantrum is only a guarantee of future tantrums. So what if the kid is upset over not getting something that isnít good for her? Itís a good lesson to learn in life. Learning that mama gives in if you throw a fit, is not a good life lesson. Also buying twelve dresses for a pageant (many werenít even good pageant dresses) when the fence needs replacing is also foolish to me. Even Shian could see that.

She doesnít get that life is going to step on Sianís spirit plenty and Shian will be healthier if she knows how to handle not getting her own way.

Paisley and the motorized car. May I say ridiculous? Paisleyís mom and her oh so obvious putting Paisley in trashy costumes for the attention mama gets over it? She knew that was one way for mama to get singled out and work it into getting on some talk shows.

Isabella and her family? Just seemed like more garden variety pageant crazy. Mama with no sense wasting money on plastic trophies for mama to brag about. Mama needs a bracelet with charms for her daughterís alleged successes?

Neeney

Neeney

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:50 PM

I think, ultimately, what Shian's mother was complaining about was that her daughter didn't get a higher Supreme title and for some reason, seemed to think that having more girls in her division is what caused it. That's the impression I got anyway.

Paisley is like a trained robot. She's adorable, but on stage she didn't seem to be doing anything but going through the motions.

getalife

getalife

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

Although we have to give Shian's mother props for spelling her name phonetically, instead of the usual Cheyenne.

See, the spelling annoyed me. Yes it is phonetically correct, but the name has always been spelled Cheyenne, so in my eyes she was just trying to be another mom making her daughter unique by giving her a weird spelling of a regular name.

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

I liked her older daughter telling the camera that her mother needs to take it down a notch (although a notch was generous, more like a hundred notches) and remember this is for her daughter, not her. Clearly she's had adults other than her mother as guides as she's grown up. Either that, or she's managed to grow up to have some sense and perspective despite dear old crazy ass mom.

Well, she did take her mom on Dr. Phil and complain about how her mother has ruined their relationship, because of what she did to her when she was in pageants. You would think mom would learn and not keep doing the same things to Isabella. Who, by the way, really isn't that cute. Maybe it's just because she hasn't grown into her nose yet, but she looks like a troll.

See, the spelling annoyed me. Yes it is phonetically correct, but the name has always been spelled Cheyenne, so in my eyes she was just trying to be another mom making her daughter unique by giving her a weird spelling of a regular name.

Yes! Me too! It's like she didn't know how Cheyenne is really spelled, so she just took a phonetic stab at it.

Edited by Sugarwater, Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:18 PM.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 6:17 PM

Well, she did take her mom on Dr. Phil

That's why I kept thinking I'd seen her before. I had. Thanks!

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

Oh editing monkeys, how I have missed you. That Georgia peach sure was picking ber nose during her TH.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

I don't expect much in the way of names, from a woman named Trisma.

carolinagirl63

carolinagirl63

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:36 AM

Wasn't it said Paisley was supposed to be like Samantha from Sex and the City? Paisley's mom is trying to keep the controversy going.

Edited by carolinagirl63, Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:39 AM.

Suz at Large

Suz at Large

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

I thought this was one of the most run down looking pageants ever.

Interesting observation, missbonnie. I tuned in just at the beginning to hear the pageant organizer's talking head bit. Wherein she spouted every. single. overdone cliche we've heard - "total package" "top of her game" "bring the glitz." And then she distinguished herself from the run of the mill we've seen on this show, by adding that these glitz pageants require parents to spent a lot of money, and this is an activity for people who have money. (I can't remember the exact words and I think she might have actually said it's not for people who don't have money - but the point was certainly made.)

I just didn't have the interest to watch the rest of the show. I'll try to catch a repeat, 'cause it seems like the editing monkeys must have had a field day, after the "this is for rich folks" intro, if the pageant itself wasn't even up to the usual Motel 8 meeting-room T&T standard. Hee!

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

Wasn't it said Paisley was supposed to be like Samantha from Sex and the City? Paisley's mom is trying to keep the controversy going.

Paisley's mom has lost all credibility with me and moved into the disgusting category. It appears to me her daughter is merely a tool to get mama on the talk show circuit. As long as people keep calling, she'll keep fueling the talk.

I hated Isabella mimicking poor honey boo boo chile. That seemed over the top rude to me.

WestCar20

WestCar20

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

I would like to preemptively say, before we even see next week's show, that I hope the girl heavily featured in the promo doesn't win a damn thing.

It looks like Alaska changed a lot since last season when she had no "biggest supporter" because her mother thought her brother was the most beautiful child ever. At the time she seems shocked that she outscored her brother. I wonder if Mom is still bleaching theri teeth.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

That was Alaska? Oh what has her mother turned that poor child into?

Tif

Tif

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

I am on a fast train to hell because when Isabella won Beauty Supreme I laughed and laughed. Sure, all kids are beautiful, but Isabella is no beauty. I guess she did do all of the posing and flirting with the judges she was suppossed to do, maybe that's what counts. Still, it makes me feel bad to see little girls who are probably not going to be beauties when they grow up being set up by their mothers to value their appearance above everything else. And those mothers who try to defend themselves by saying that pagaents build confidence and self esteem in their children are delusional. Any activity in which "flirt with the judges" is a tactic is not likely to be one that is good for your confidence. You don't see baseball players pausing to flirt with the umpire or violinists pausing to flirt with the conductor.

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

Maybe it is just me, but I didn't find Isabella pretty at all - she wasn't ugly, but I was pretty surprised to see her take beauty supreme.

I hate to call a kid ugly but yeah, I didn't see any beauty there either. She had the face of a 40 year old, and not because she was wearing makeup. Most kids have some chub in their cheeks and button type noses and small features that make them look, well, young. Looks like those genes skipped poor Isabella and took her straight to middle age face.

Paisley is a doll but I was underwhelmed by her performance, or by the part they showed anyway. I couldn't have guessed which ones that judge said she gave 10s too. None that I saw had 10 worthy performances.

Well, she did take her mom on Dr. Phil and complain about how her mother has ruined their relationship, because of what she did to her when she was in pageants.

Interesting. I missed that bit but she's well on her way to ruining Isabella as well. First of all, the kid is not a beauty, stop putting her in beauty pageants. Secondly, if you insist on putting her in beauty pageants stop berating her for not performing up to your expectations. It actually thrills my dark heart that a mother like that, who appearance clearly means so much to, has an unattractive child. I feel bad for the kid though, I'm sure she has many years ahead of mom telling her just how unattractive she is. I can see her suggesting a nose job for a 13th birthday present. Disgusting.

Edited by kinda sketchy, Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:25 PM.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

Isabella's mom needs to find a new hobby.

I guess we're on the downward cycle for this show. Only 1.208 million viewers for the season premiere.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

I have this on my DVR and am just now watching the premiere from Wednesday night. I am only a few minutes into the show, but had to comment already. I laughed out loud at the poor little girl in Paisley's group, Chastity, who had her mom go out on stage with her. The poor little thing looked scared to death, was in a plain lavender dress with no makeup and natural long hair and zero facial expression. The announcer said the best thing about her was how funny she was...WTH? And what was her mom thinking putting her in a glitz pageant and not doing anything glitzy. I mean, I hate the glitz and how they make up the little girls, but that was just sad and unfair.

I love little "cheese dip" Paisley and her dress was absolutely stunning. I love peach and ivory together. The little girl standing behind Paisley when she announces she has to go to the bathroom, just as it's her turn to go on (again!), looks like a young McKenzie.

How old is Isabella's Mom? I am 52 years old and I look much younger than her. I haven't seen the Dad yet, is he involved? Too bad Isabella isn't as pretty as her Mom thinks and her professional portraits look absolutely nothing like her. And really, they spent $40,000 dollars in the last 8 months on pageants....WTH is wrong with her and what does her husband do to be able to afford that?

Forgive me, but I can't remember the other girl's name and I haven't finished the show, but her Mom is a fruitcake. WTH was all that chanting under the blanket about winning pageants about?? And way to parent by giving in to the fake nails when you were told they would ruin her real nails. No mom, it isn't all about what your daughter wants, it's what is good and safe for her. The show confused me a bit with the hotel room blow-up with the hair stylist. I couldn't figure out what was going on, who was upset and why....and I rewound it twice. ????

Okay...back to watching and will snark more later~~!! = )

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

And don't get me started on pouring straight sugar down your child's throat! I much prefer me some Special Juice! And then, my Chookie Moves!

Chookie Moves for the win! LOL!

I was really annoyed when Shiann's mom spent all that money on dresses (12 dresses, really?) instead of fixing her fence. I wonder what Code Enforcement will think of her daughter's 12 dresses and tacky crown when they slap a fine on her booty for that broke-ass looking fence.

Also, Shiann was a prime example of what I call the "What Happens When They Get Older" school. I see it all the time - parents saying their 4 year olds are divas or giving their kids "everything" really sets a bad precedent for when they are preteens and older and the parents have to start saying "no". If Mama has set a child up to be a princess or diva or has given her all she wants and then has to put on the brakes, I expect full blown temper tantrums and horrid behavior from bigger kids, rather than when 2-3 year olds do it (and they fall to the floor and you can just step over the body and keep going).

BTW, I know the editing is horrible on this show, but I love whenever the mother says "My little darling LOVES pageants" and they show a kid screaming her guts out or picking her nose or smacking gum (ala Heaven). It's like the editor goes out of his/her way to prove the mama wrong.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

This newest trainwreck was just okay for me and now I have no idea why I was so excited about the premiere.

I am sort of surprised that 3 year olds are in the same group as 5 year olds. That two year difference is huge developmentally, imo. Sort of seems unfair to me. I think of 3 year olds as still being in the "toddler" stage. And speaking of stage, I felt sorry for the little girl in the long, pink dress who almost walked off the stage. She was beautiful and I loved her dress---as opposed to Shian's typical "cupcake" dress. Shian looked too old and too big for that type of dress. Her feet are really big for her age and didn't need the white, frilly anklets and white shoes to highlight them. It just did not flatter her at all. If they were allowed to wear a different type of dress, Shian's Mom should have gone that route because with make-up and professional hair, Shian was very pretty.

OMG, Paisley's mom has lost her marbles. Did she really think the new routine would make people forget about "prostitot"? That costume and routine were hideous. First of all, it was too complicated for Paisley and she had to keep her eye on her Mom the entire time. The car was a waste, ridiculous and almost knocked her down when her dad had to retrieve it from the stage. WTH are these parents thinking? And when Paisley ripped off her skirt, with no emotion at all, it made me sad. There is no way Paisley is enjoying this. At age 3, her routines should be kept very simple and sweet. Instead she came across as a little hooker that forgot how to smile. Her mom has just ruined that little girl. I hate to say this, but I am---I was always curious why a young man would take time out of his weekend to judge a pageant of made up little girls. And now we see that he is Paisley's agent? I hate to even think this and hate more to type it out for others to read, but I hope he is in this for the money only and not a way to be around little girls. BTW, I know Paisley has brothers so I wonder what her parents do for a living to afford such props, an agent and all the expenses. For some reason, I believe the mom doesn't work, but the dad must have an awfully nice job.

My poor little unglitzed Chastity was just pitiful in talent. All she did was walk out on stage and wave. She showed no emotion and her hair looked like she just rolled out of bed. Her mom is just as nuts as the ones that go overboard to subject her daughter to these pageants with obviously no preparation or tools to even compete. The criticism at the pageant, from the other girls and moms, must have been through the roof. What a horrible position to put your child in.

Forgive me, but Isabella is an ugly child inside and out...taking into consideration her comments about Paisley and her other comments in general. I realize she is learning this from her mom, but it is not cute on a child her age or any age for that matter. She should know better. She looks okay all dolled up, but is very plain as a natural child. She needs to grow into her nose. She does have very pretty eyes and hair though. I can't get over how dramatic her Mom is...oh, it's just like losing the World Series....really??!!! Saw the Dad and am curious what keeps those two together given his sloppy and unkempt appearance. I just started watching this show this past summer and this is the first time I have seen a mom pour plain sugar down their daughter's throat. It won't be long until she's bitching about her daughter's weight. It also doesn't help Isabella's self esteem to listen to her mom go on and on about how she lost because she messed up her talent routine.

Shian is a cute little girl, and I have to admit that she is beautiful when all glitzed up. I cannot believe that her mom made her wear a girdle for her talent, which I wasn't impressed with at all. You are not Dianna Ross just because you put on a dress and walk around the stage. She seems like such a sweet little girl though, who is very down to earth, so it's a shame her mom is a fruit loop and will probably crush her naturally sweet nature.

I was most excited to see this show because of the return of Paisley. I mean, that "cheese dip" thing just stole my heart at the last pageant and I even saved it to show Mr. Butter. Of the three, I think Paisley has the most chance of being successful in the pageant world. She is naturally a very pretty little girl and I think if her mom would dial down the outfits and simplify the routines, she would do very well at every pageant...that is, if she remembers to smile. I don't think I remember her smiling one time on stage which was very disappointing since her TH at the beginning of the show was so adorable. I was definitely disappointed in her performance and I put all the blame on her mom. I really could have done without seeing Paisley pick her nose and wipe it on her shirt...gross! I did love that Paisley and her parents seemed happy that she won a title and didn't complain that she didn't place higher. Isabella's smart aleck comments at the end just made me want to reach through the television and smack her down.

Honestly, I don't think any of the girls featured deserved a high title in this pageant and what a poor sport Shian's mom was. I loved Shian calling her mom a "crazy pageant mom".

Who in the hell is that obnoxious blonde child with the "honey boo boo" comments and her equally white trash, foul mouthed, overweight mom?? How have I managed to miss that hot mess? Was that a preview for the next show or the episode that followed?

I apologize for the novel...I got carried away.

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

Who in the hell is that obnoxious blonde child with the "honey boo boo" comments and her equally white trash, foul mouthed, overweight mom?? How have I managed to miss that hot mess? Was that a preview for the next show or the episode that followed?

Oh lord. June and Alana were from last season. If you have time search for them on Youtube, might be able to see the full episode. It was....horrifying.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

Thanks kinda sketchy! I am just sick enough to find them. = )

mariolatry

mariolatry

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

This was the same Darling Divas pageant that was featured twice before, in Brooklyn. I remember Essence-Soleil from her rockin' Tina Turner set and little Paige Fitzgerald that Supremed. That was her mom running the over-priced children's boutique where Paisley was schlepped by her clueless parents. The previous Darling Divas was in a nice auditorium in Brooklyn...I wonder why they moved to the ghetto LaGuardia?? Also, ten points to whoever noticed another former Darling Divas contestant and her mother in the opening pageant montage....Liana with the super-long hair and her crazy, clueless mom who "wasn't a loud person" and thus couldn't cheer for her poor kid. They have embraced the glitz lifestyle, based on Liana's dress.

There's no way the pageant wasn't completely rigged. None of those girls gave Supreme performances. Neither one of them had there routines down at all. I was impressed at how articulate Paisley was in the talking head segments. Half of the time, people can barely understand my 3-year-old.

Mpress Elle

Mpress Elle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

I swear I saw Mickie Wood in the audience. When Isabella gets her Metro card her mom turns kinda back and to her left to high five a woman who is either Mickie, or her long lost twin.

HowlingHills

HowlingHills

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

Yep I think T&T has 'jumped the shark' and is on it's way out. They having trouble finding new and more outrageous crazy, and really, a lot of the things that made the show so shocking are 'normal' pageant things that we'd simply never seen before, were shocked at first, and now the viewers have grown numb to it. Flippers, s pray tanning, special juice, all seems almost 'normal' in our eyes now and doesn't shock like it used to! Instead of being horrified by a spray tan I know find myself horrified that I actually find myself commenting 'wow they child should have been spray tanned....'

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

Saw the Dad and am curious what keeps those two together given his sloppy and unkempt appearance

My guess is he foots the bills for her pageant obsession.

PolkaDotty

PolkaDotty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

Ok, I'll bite: who was Isabella's sister who appeared on Dr. Phil with the mother? I remember the mother, but not the daughter.

I was a really ugly kid, a pretty teenager/young woman, then see-sawed back and forth for the next 40 years. I'm now an OK looking senior citizen. Don't count poor Isabella out, yet, she may surprise us all. Paisley, who was a beautiful toddler, may have the opposite trajectory.