Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

I Watch Junk

I Watch Junk

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

Oh dear lord, I bet they had Fortune Feimster plan Alana. I don't know whether to laugh or... laugh.

Olie3367

Olie3367

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Only tangentially related to Toddlers and Tiaras, but apparently TLC is doing a show based on Cassadee's mother's cheer studio which will be called Cheer Perfection. I couldn't find any press releases or anything, but this could be another guilty pleasure. Not sure which episode they were on, but it was the blonde family from AR where Cassadee was competitive with Alisha and everything was about "perfection".

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:57 PM

Only tangentially related to Toddlers and Tiaras, but apparently TLC is doing a show based on Cassadee's mother's cheer studio which will be called Cheer Perfection. I couldn't find any press releases or anything, but this could be another guilty pleasure. Not sure which episode they were on, but it was the blonde family from AR where Cassadee was competitive with Alisha and everything was about "perfection".

Was that the kid who did the "old lady" character?

I Watch Junk

I Watch Junk

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

No, that was Maddi. (I really need a hobby...)

getalife

getalife

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:55 AM

Was that the kid who did the "old lady" character?

No. Cassadee's parents owned the cheer studio; her dad was ugly, like Ron Perlman, and mom made the girl practice pageant routines four hours a day before the pageant.

HowlingHills

HowlingHills

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:44 AM

Season 3 is now out on Netflix!

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

This has bugged me for a long time. None of those crowns they hand out fit the girls' heads ... the crowns are HUGE! If this is such a big industry, you'd think they would have crowns proportional to the winners' noggins.

jenmarie

jenmarie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 11:43 PM

weenerdog, I know what you mean I wondered that myself, but I guess they think it doesn't matter if it fits, because it's going to go on the shelf so the bigger the better. When I was little all I ever wanted was a tiara. I would've died if I ever got my hands one of those Grand Supreme suckers.

I'm watching this show on Netflix. I just finished Season 1. I love this show. It's horrifying but fascinating. For me the single most horrifying thing about this show are the opening credits. They are short, but still a nightmare of big hair, dead eyes and fake teeth.

I hate the stupid "facials". The pucker/wink/O mouth/head nod combinations makes them look like they are mental. My least favorite being the head nod/pucker mouth thing. I don't understand why that's supposed to be cute or appealing.

I always get a laugh at the end of each episode when they award the Grand Supreme, because of the way they give out the titles, there is always ONE girl left and ONE title, yet they act like it's going to be a surprise who will win. The producers try to build suspense for it, like they think the viewers are stupid. We have powers of deduction. This isn't American Idol we know who the winner is. Just get it over with. Granted I have only seen the first season maybe the producers realized how stupid that is and stopped doing that? I guess I'll find out. But maybe there is one show I haven't got to yet where they don't give the last girl the award instead they pull a Willy Wonka tell her she gets nothing.

Edited by jenmarie, Mar 6, 2012 @ 11:52 PM.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

Good point: Big Title, Big Crown *cough cough* gack ...

kira28

kira28

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

I am watching season 3 on netflix right now and can someone please tell me what these crazy parents definition of winning is? almost every single parent claims that their darling daughter has won 32 of the last 35 pagents they entered lol. I know the pagents give out a lot of awards so does receiving 4th runner up in the whatever category count as "winning" the pagent. The way these parents talk little suzie or make that Suezee won the ultimate grand supreme or whatever the highest title is called at every single pagent they entered. yet at the pagents if the precious offspring is crowned queen or princess or anything less than supreme being, the parents scowl and scold them and bitch about the judges. In season 3 we are seeing um more attractive moms meaning they don't all weigh 300lbs and lumber around in dirty sweatpants with unkept hair but wow they sure are crazy! Im currently watching the Sammi Joe episode and the step mom with the crazy eyes looks like she's on crack or meth or something. I love how Sammi JOe's mom claims she's won every pagent she's ever entered and how her 18 month old daughter just loves it so much and the toddler gets on stage looks bored and wants to run off the stage every time. These parents are pathetic. they all think their sometimes homely children are perfect and are going to be Miss America, child models or actresses. Loved the little girl whose mom said she wants to be a vegas dancer some time. What high aspirations! None of the kids I've seen look like models or have enough personality to be actors. Maybe Mackenzie.

Also I really don't understand paying thousands of dollars to enter your child in a competition where the grand prize is a tacky $10 crown and maybe if you are lucky a 500 dollar savings bond.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 8:52 AM

The way these parents talk little suzie or make that Suezee won the ultimate grand supreme or whatever the highest title is called at every single pagent they entered.

That's Ultimate Grand Nacho Supreme lol

Also I really don't understand paying thousands of dollars to enter your child in a competition where the grand prize is a tacky $10 crown and maybe if you are lucky a 500 dollar savings bond.

Welcome to Wacko-doodleville!

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

It looks like T&T is making waves internationally.

http://www.theglobea...article2362717/

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

Paisley (Pretty Woman) will be featured in the season opener, April 4!!! She is such a doll ...

getalife

getalife

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

And Kylie Laduca is on May 2nd! I'm so glad the new season starts so soon; I thought I'd have to wait until July for my weekly snark!

bunyupp

bunyupp

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

Barf-a-rama - Check out a short video from Eden's new TV show.

http://www.logotv.co...ak-peek-1.jhtml

(There's a 12 second commercial at the beginning)

Edited by bunyupp, Mar 17, 2012 @ 9:58 AM.

stinkymcgee

stinkymcgee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

Barf-a-rama - Check out a short video from Eden's new TV show.

Well, THERE are two minutes of my life that I want back. What an awful concept for a television program.

Fierce Critter

Fierce Critter

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

Did she even really win a particularly big amount of Ultimate titles?

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

Where's her father?!

Maxine of Arc

Maxine of Arc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

Free Eden!

jenmarie

jenmarie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

OMG OMG OMG! What an awful awful show. It's like Paula Deen and Anna Nicole Smith had a baby with no soul. Eden Wood wasn't born she was engineered in reality television labratory. I just can't imagine what she will be like when she grows up.

beden

beden

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

Before or after the 20+ years of therapy?

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

I've been watching Season two and three on Netflix randomly. (I need mental breaks from this show....its just too much to take at once for me.) I have a question. What in the world happened with Americas Trezured Dollz? (Really? That's how they spelled it?) The woman ran away with all the money? I think that's like the best episode ever for that and for that weird makeup artist that had like that strangest facial hair I've ever seen.

Is it wrong that I actually laughed when one of the girls followed- Tootie- got beaten for beauty supreme by a girl with a giant mole on her face? I just can't help but laugh and then gasp at these people.

I Watch Junk

I Watch Junk

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Nothing substantive to add (I will just randomly insert the fact that Danielle starting to cry on stage when beat by a "baby" is one of the best moments ever), but I wanted to point out that we are on page 666-- how apropos.

JuneCsEvilTwin

JuneCsEvilTwin

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

It's like Paula Deen and Anna Nicole Smith had a baby with no soul.

I don't know how just yet, but I must figure out a way to work this into conversation.

Free Eden!

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

The clip of Eden's show is only viewable to those in the US. Thank you Americans for letting us know we're not missing quality programming. :-)

jenmarie

jenmarie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

As I'm going through the episodes on Netflix. I've noticed a couple of things. I am on Season 3 and I've noticed the show seems to have gone away from featuring any small town pageants and now only features the popular pageants with the popular contestants. And it would seem like the producers of T&T are now openly mocking the show participants, mostly parents but sometimes even the kids. It was either the S2 finale or an early S3 episode where the director was talking about all of the beautiful girls in the room, and the show cut to a shot of the ugliest girl I've seen in any of these pageants. I laughed then felt awful about it. Thanks show.

My favorite thing about pageants are the announcer blurbs that all the contestants get. The best I've heard on this show being, "MacKyleighlynraywhatever's greatest accomplishment so far is learning to use the big girl potty." Nothing will ever top "His favorite past times are playing in the dirt and watching Unsolved Mysteries." But the potty blurb is pretty close.

It bugs when the parents say "Well so and so started pageants when she was 18 months old." No she didn't. She didn't enter it. YOU did. She had no choice. It's just part of the delusion that the children are willing participants in this.

Edited by jenmarie, Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:45 PM.

GuineaPrincess

GuineaPrincess

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

It's like Paula Deen and Anna Nicole Smith had a baby with no soul.

Seriously? Best thing I've read today. Gives new meaning to ROTFLMAO.

cheerauthority

cheerauthority

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

What in the world happened with Americas Trezured Dollz? (Really? That's how they spelled it?) The woman ran away with all the money?

Lisa "Give me the crown witch!" Fulgham. This is one of those episodes where they really need to do a "What's so-and-so doing now?!" Of course, I assume it's probably 5 to 10 years, but it would make an interesting update.

And April 4.... mark it on your calendar. I just saw a promo!

jenmarie

jenmarie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:32 PM

I'm sure wherever she is she is luxuriating in all the money she stole. If the internet is to be believed she still hasn't been caught. I just watched that episode. It was very strange and puzzling. The pageant that a director absconds with the money on, just happens to be the one they are filming an episode of T&T for? She must've owed that money to someone, maybe a bookie or something which is why she didn't wait for another pageant to do it. What was with that tagline, that pageant contestants had been unable to reach her? What about the police? If she stole the money, what hasn't she been arrested? It can't be that hard to find her if America's Trezured Dollz is a real pageant and if she worked for them then they would have her address. Something is very fishy. I think the whole pageant system is probably corrupt and this type of thing might happen all the time. Remember in Season 2 Dana Sprinkle won a vacation and never got it. And while I enjoyed Sabrina, I think it is possible that the lady went on this show as a dare or practical joke. She was hilarious, but something's not right there.

mlynnr

mlynnr

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:07 AM

This forum reaches page 666 and sad, talentless Eden Wood has her own 'show' on LOGO. How appropriate. God Bless Us, Everyone...