Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

IMOutrippin

IMOutrippin

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 8:51 AM

[snip]
I actually think it's very sweet that Ally wants to look like Beyonce. Hell, she's got more guts than me admitting out loud cuz my corny old self also wishes I looked like Beyonce!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 8, 2011 @ 10:09 AM.
Off topic

bellasmama

bellasmama

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 1:12 PM

Okay, little Ally is ADORABLE! If I still had a little one that cute I'd probably let her be whoever she wants too. She doesn't seem like she doesn't like herself just that she loves brown. I'm brown and I leeerve the color pink but I don't want to color my skin pink because I'm 40 and not 4. But just imagine being 4 again. You like what you like.

Edited by bellasmama, Aug 7, 2011 @ 1:29 PM.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 2:37 PM

Although I think she's adorable, it makes me a bit sad that there are a bunch of Ally videos on Youtube. Her mother creeped me out a bit, and I'm hoping she's not the second coming of Mickie Woods and robs that poor kid of her childhood. I'm probably overreacting because I'm trying to steel myself for what appears to be a horror show next week.

So I'm watching the marathon and I forgot how kick-ass the Gold Coast, Arizona episode is. First, there's the awesome trainwreck of MacKenzie and her hard-working Ni-Ni. Then there's the heinousness of the conceited Danielle. And then the insanity of uber-rich trailer trash Seabiscuit and her lovely little twins. Chock full of heady goodness!!!

Spooneroonie

Spooneroonie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 3:06 PM

Seeing Danielle's crumpled face after being beaten by a 1-year-old will never not be extraordinarily satisfying.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 3:19 PM

Ahh. The Gold Coast Arizona episode is indeed full of WIN.

While Danielle's crumpled face is indeed satisfying as all hell, it is tempered somewhat by the smugness and nouveau riche vulgarity of Seabiscuit after the win. I'm so glad we haven't seen this family in other episodes. But, also a bit surprised. I thought I read earlier that the twins are no longer in pageants?

Also gotta love Danielle's mother bemoaning Makenzie's tardiness and how she just HATES rude people, yet her offspring is one of the most rude children ever shown on T&T....or in life, period. Honey, check yourself. As soon as your daughter laid a hand on another child, she should have been yanked from the competition, PERIOD.

ETA: Watching MaKenzie in her early pageant, I was struck by the fact that even though she was a loud, temperamental "Tasmanian Devil," she was always happy to receive whatever crown she was awarded and clapped and cheered for her competitors. Unlike Mickie Wood, who seems to be coaching Eden to make fun of MaKenzie (the rabbit toothed pacifier) and treat her like an enemy, and then pout and cry when the prize she gets isn't good enough. WIN for MaKenzie (and Juana).

Edited by ChicksDigScars, Aug 7, 2011 @ 5:08 PM.

doorear

doorear

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 4:41 PM

While Danielle's crumpled face is indeed satisfying as all hell, it is tempered somewhat by the smugness and nouveau riche vulgarity of Seabiscuit after the win. I'm so glad we haven't seen this family in other episodes. But, also a bit surprised. I thought I read earlier that the twins are no longer in pageants?

Good Lord, I couldn't agree more. When I saw her begin to cry, God forgive me, I felt so happy and almost vindicated. I'm happy to see I'm not alone in my evilness. :)

PolkaDotty

PolkaDotty

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 5:45 PM

Dang! I always miss these marathons. Yes, one of Seabicuits twins was in a recent show, with Dr. Daddy taking the on-stage role. Someone posted that Mrs. Seabiscuit is pregnant again.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 6:43 PM

I also watched the pageant, in Ohio I think, with the lovely Isabella. I couldn't help but notice the talent winner was Dianely, and the announcer pronounced it Diane-ly instead of Dia-nelly. Oh well, I guess she's used to it.

Isabella's hula-hoop routine was adorable, but I guess she didn't have a chance against Olympic-hopeful Dianely.

I'm happy to see I'm not alone in my evilness. :)

I guess it is a bit evil. But really, it's her mom who's to blame when a kid acts like that. She needs to be taught good sportsmanship.

Oh, Mackenzie, I can't get enough of you.

Good Lord, I forgot what a trainwreck Cassidy was.

Edited by Joymarie, Aug 7, 2011 @ 6:46 PM.

Ladyhawk777

Ladyhawk777

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:02 PM

Brani Tutor Brown won Mini Supreme in the 10 and up category....she is 31.

SweetGAPeach94

SweetGAPeach94

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:06 PM

Brandi Tutor Brown is too extreme for fiction. Nobody could make someone like her up. I can't believe there are people like her and Lauren's mom out there.

MoralCompass

MoralCompass

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:12 PM

Heavens to Betsy. Get a new hobby. And I'm talking to Jasmine's mom and the entire Brandi Tutor-Brown crowd. Egads.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:16 PM

How is it I've never seen Brandi Tutor-Brown? I feel like I'm missing out! And with the hyphened name are we really talking about a married woman in her 30's competing in these things with children? What the hell?

dustbunni

dustbunni

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:19 PM

O.M.G. Today I saw my very first episode of this horrible piece of child exploitation. Huge fat women—some seeming not too bright—dressing their little girls up in hooker make up and clothes, and making them parade their 'goodies' in front of an audience. A 5 year old can not look sexy! Oh wait, yes they can to some people—I think they are called pedophiles. I found each of the 'before' pictures to be cuter and more acceptable than the 'after photos.'

I feel that there should be laws passed: no child under 12 should be put in makeup, have wigs, be spray painted, or dressed in anything bizarre. Definitely not dresssed as Lady GaGa or Madonna, unless thay are child actors and are old enough to want to be an actor. But to simply parade in front of a group of adults dressed as a Madonna look-a-like just to stut and pose? Nope. It makes me cringe and it gives me the "Willies."

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 8, 2011 @ 10:21 AM.
Boards on boards

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:22 PM

are we really talking about a married woman in her 30's competing in these things with children? What the hell?

Now, come on, y'all. When people say it's ridiculous and unfair for a grown woman to compete against children, it hurts Brandi's feelin's.

I can't believe there are people like her and Lauren's mom out there.

Good Lord, the sobbing was too much. I felt her husband cringing, and I cringed for him. You'd think her daughter just won an all-expenses paid free-ride to Harvard, or something important.

Edited by Joymarie, Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:26 PM.

clicker78

clicker78

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 7:44 PM

I've never seen Toddlers & Tiaras before, today was the day I finally caught an episode of this series.

Wow. Mackenzie and her Ni-Ni...that was pretty sick with her bouffant hair sprayed to high heaven, makeup plastered on, attitude flaring with her best Blanche Deveraux with that damn pacifier in her mouth. Just wild. Her mother had ceiling eyes reminiscent of Audrina Patridge on "The Hills".

WOw. Seabiscuit and her wonder twins. Those twins were adorable and the dad seemed quite into the pageant circuit...but a private plane? Seriously? The mom was plastered in tattoos. Like Countess LuAnn de Lesseps "sings" 'money can't buy you class'...

WOW. Danielle. What a horrible, horrible, child. What a horrific mother. The two of them are abominable and should be disgusted with themselves. Such a hateful child. I was THRILLED when she lost. Positively thrilled.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 8:51 PM

I'm disappointed to think that Emerald's mother is just like all the others. Not because I expected her religious beliefs to somehow make her a better person, but she seemed sincere in not wanting her kid to parade around like a tiny adult being appreciated only for her looks (although as someone pointed out, if that were true, surely her mother would just leave after the last category and not stick around for the crowning portion). I DO think that Emerald loves pageants, and probably loves modeling too - she seemed to really enjoy her mother's photo session prior to the pageant - but it makes me sad all the same. I guess if someone's willing to be on this show, i shouldn't be surprised.

happymom1

happymom1

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 10:40 PM

So I missed the last 15 minutes...I know from the earlier posts that Baylen won Queen (what a joke - she was by far the worst we've ever seen on stage), but how did Emerald and Allyson do?
[snip]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 8, 2011 @ 10:22 AM.
Off topic

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 12:38 AM

Definitely not dresssed as Lady GaGa or Madonna - unless thay are child actors and are old enough to want to be an actor. But to simply parade in front of a group of adults dressed as a Madonna look- a- llike just to stut and pose .... uh ...... nope.

Did you see the one with 2 year old Mia? She gyrates in a cone bra and metallic panties after whipping off her preacher garb. I wish I was kidding.

happymom1 - Emerald won Nacho Supreme and Allyson got some sort of crown for being pretty.

VegasChica

VegasChica

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 1:02 AM

[snip] About Danielle, seriously, what the fuck is wrong with that kid? I know we snark on bratty kids, but in a way we'll feel bad because nine times out of ten they're bratty because they hate pageants. Danielle is just off.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 8, 2011 @ 10:23 AM.
Off topic

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 2:03 AM

I just now finally got to see Brandi Tutor-whatever. Holy shit. The weird thing is, she seems perfectly sane, very nice, really good with kids...how is she not humiliated to compete against (and lose to) ten year olds?!

This pageant also confused me with the five million different awards. Do I have this right? There are optional categories in each age group, and the winner with the highest score of the three gets overall in that category as well? And there's a mini and grand supreme in each age division, but no overall supremes?

Flapdoodle

Flapdoodle

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 2:09 AM

All manner of creepy on the Brandi Tudor Brown/ Talea epi..I'm always amazed at these older chicks who try to hang on to their small time glory by beating out little kids in these contests.so much wrong stuffed in there..and what the blooming HELL was up with gangbanger dad? I mean Talea's father. " if she loses that will be great"???? Way to support the kid, douchebag. I'd sure like to know more about that union..there was something so wrong about him..I can't put my finger on it. He just set off all manner of clanging warning bells for me.

starglow

starglow

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 6:31 AM

Flapdoodle, I totally agree. He's one weird dude. I could not make the connection with him and his wife. From the looks of it, neither could she. It was so annoying how he kept saying "you suck" to the kid. I have a feeling the producers talked him into going.

Bravoheart

Bravoheart

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 6:38 AM

Yesterday's marathon was like a Best of (or maybe Worst of) show. I didn't realize TLC was showing a T&T marathon. My local paper had some other TLC marathon listed (maybe that Strange Addiction show . . . oy, even the commercials for that show make me ill). Anyway, I was channel-surfing, looking for something to watch while I did some work, and lo and behold, I stumbled on the episode with Zander and his mother.

I think I'd erased all memory of the mother because I was horrified all over again. That sweet little guy with such a wretched mother. I know many of the mothers (and some fathers) stand on stage or behind the judges and give stage directions, but she was barking them out at the kid. Her criticisms didn't seem constructive or loving; they seemed harsh and almost hateful.

I caught bits and pieces of the other shows throughout the day. Mak being Mak. I know I was appalled the first time I saw her, but the child has so grown on me. Even at her brattiest (in her premiere episode), there was just something so funny about her. "You are makin' me nuhuts" will never get old.

Speaking of things that never get old . . . I just saw the Brandi Tutor-Brown/Thank You, Jesus/Frazzled dentist mom/You suck episode a few weeks ago, but it might just be the perfect T&T episode. So wrong, on so many levels, but as entertaining as can be.

Oh, and that little girl who did the hula-hoop? She looked so much (to me) like Abigail Breslin. I expected her to bust out "Super Freak."

JuneCsEvilTwin

JuneCsEvilTwin

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 8:49 AM

I'm not a Quaker but have a lot of friends who are Friends (sorry, couldn't resist), and there is nothing in their faith that prohibits entering competitions of any kind, or dressing up/modeling. The "everyone's equal" thing refers to the belief that everyone has the Divine within them; it doesn't refer to worldly pursuits.

I finally realized who it is that Allyson's mom reminds me of: that perky woman in the Netflix commercial from a few years back who's sitting on the couch talking to the camera about Netflix while her kids are running wild. She stops her spiel to yell "MOMMY'S MAKING A COMMERCIAL!" then goes back to being perky.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 10:34 AM

Whatís on topic here?
  • Events seen on the show
  • Your own observations of a pageant you attended in person which was seen on the show. Not "my neighbor" or "best friend: you).
Whatís not on topic here?
  • Reports on people's Facebook pages
  • Reports on contestants activities which were not seen on the show
  • Real-time updates about people seen on the show
  • Pageants you have attended which have not been seen on the show, even if a show participant was in it
  • More than a sentence or two about your personal experience of any issue touched on by the show.
Yes, itís a long, arbitrary list of whatís not on topic, but weíre a TV site, not a gossip site. To simplify things, just ask yourself before you post: did I see this on the show? If the answer is no, then donít post it, please.

frances2723

frances2723

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 11:02 AM

Caught the marathon yesterday. Mr. Frances was so thrilled when I gleefully exclaimed, "T&T marathon!"

I had forgotten about Danielle, that hateful little shrew. I thought the worst part was her fake crying. All the time - when her stupid banana fruit hat fell off: fake crying. At the end of the pageant: fake crying. Closing interview: fake crying. Her blatant manipulation was horrifying, not to mention her arrogance and bratty behavior. "She's stealing my spotlight?!" Really, Mom? REALLY?

On the other hand, sweet red-headed Olivia. That child was GORGEOUS. I would love to have a red-headed child. She was so cute, I just wanted to eat her UP.

And ditto on Brandi Tutor-Brown and Mrs. Thank You Jesus bringing the crazy. Poor Lauren.

beden

beden

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 1:47 PM

I had forgotten about Danielle, that hateful little shrew.

I get the feeling that this is the kid in class who prides herself on being a mean girl, has few friends and doesn't/can't keep the ones she has all the time belittling anyone who comes into contact with her.

Might anyone have an update on her--She's a year older now (10?) and I'm dying to know if that was a one-off, if she maybe learned something from seeing her (and her mother and grandmother's) horridness on TV or if there was any fall out.

Just wonderin'

JeanieCat

JeanieCat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 2:56 PM

I guess Emeralds' mother just used the Quaker card to get a spot on Toddlers and Tiaras. I did a little research as well and Quakers don't have any written creeds as such so she made a whole lot out of nuthin! This was far from Emeralds' first pageant and it's clear her parents are very caught up in everything Emerald!

VegasChica

VegasChica

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 4:25 PM

Jeanie, I agree. During the marathons and repeats I've spotted Emerald at more than a few of these pageants, so obviously her parents aren't hindered by religious deliberations as to whether she competes or not.

I think the only way to get on T&T is to play up a certain angle: either religious (Sy'riniti, Emerald, "I love God and Glitz" girl), anomaly (boy in the pageant world a la Zander, Brock and Braxton), wild devil child (Makenzie, Olivia,) or psycho horsebeast of a mother (Sterling twins, Kylie/Karly mom, Savannah's mom, Mickie Wood etc..)

Pligschool

Pligschool

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 4:37 PM

Now, come on, y'all. When people say it's ridiculous and unfair for a grown woman to compete against children, it hurts Brandi's feelin's.

Lol. I didn't catch the full episode, but was that a dig from her mom about not having grandchildren to put in pageants instead.