Toddlers & Tiaras

• Please log in to reply

12750 replies to this topic

Erie42

Erie42

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 2:40 AM

I found Ashley's family fascinating. The mom seemed to think she was a really great person with her loving the Lord so much but didn't seem to get that you don't trash talk about three year olds. They seemed to be prosperity gospel mega-church types. And as much as we complain about the moms dressing like they just rolled out of bed, I have to admit the glitz on Ashley's mom's top was a little distracting.

Victoria's love of money in addition to her hobbies was also kind of odd. I know she isn't the first kids to say it on this show but it seems kind of sad a kid that young to be so cash focused. And it just seems so vulgar to state it like that at any age.

BananaMilkshake

BananaMilkshake

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 3:48 AM

So who in AN's family was handicapped? Their Range Rover was badly parked in the handicapped space at the pageant... nice Christian witnessing about honesty and values there!

Nuthatch1

Nuthatch1

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 6:22 AM

Just like it seems the producer Sean, of the Duggars, reads blogs and responds to people's comments and criticism in things we see on the show, the same has happened with T&T.

It seems week after week we have seen the most pathetic run-down houses and the biggest and least attractive mothers. It looks like these people don't have two dimes to rub together, and yet they are spending $1200 on cupcake dresses.

Last night, there were no trailer trash houses; in fact, AN's house was huge and even had flowers growing in the front garden (first I've seen that---we've seen plenty of old cars and discarded plastic toys strewn about the yard though).

Also there was at least one non-obese, more fashion conscious mother (who goes too looks conscious in the other direction, but that's another story).

But too many pageant moms seem to love to pump their girls full of Coke and pixie sticks! And stick things in their eyes, pull their hair, pin them into tight scratchy dresses, and generally not care about whether their daughters are screaming in pain. It always just makes me so sad to watch the borderline (or real) abuse.

happymom1

happymom1

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 6:57 AM

I was also sad to see the mom do all the catty talk about the other little girls.

I too was shocked at this. Nice Christian behaviour there. Don't these people realize the mic is on? What will her church friends think of her now?

I agree...AN's socks in glitz were horrible. Whoever said she looked like a clydesdale was dead on!

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 7:02 AM

Pagents as a road to better religious proselytizing is a new excuse, I'll give her that. It's a bit of a fucked-up excuse, as one could say the same thing about street hooking giving someone the confidence to go chat up strangers, but hey, as long as she can talk to people about Christ, who cares if she learned to do so by being dressed up like a tiny tot tacky ho?

The whole 'she should learn to care about her appearance on top of everything and spend endless time on persnickity, painful, societally and generationally specific grooming rituals because she should 'give' that to her husband (who will apparently be such a weird, shallow schmuck he'll care about how tweezed her eyebrows are)' thing was even more fucked-up. They were like an SNL skit about the Shallow Family of uselessness.

I just wanted to slap Ms. Overtanned Former Pagent Princess when she was on about how this all somehow serves to glorify Jesus. Because she believes what, Jesus died for her sins so that she could go on to teach her kid to be a trophy wife to a shallow dink and spend amounts of money that could be spent on, I dunno, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, assisting down-and-out families, on this idiotic, offensive shit.

The girl with the mother who felt the girl was never judged fairly when she didn't win was quite homely, and the apple didn't fall far from the tree there.

That three-year-old was neither charming nor cute, she needed a time out til about May.

pasdetrois

pasdetrois

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 7:27 AM

AN's mother takes flak from her church for putting her tiny daughter in pageants, so she's developing a "Jesus Loves Pageants" spiel to justify the behavior. But after a long pageant day, and not winning, her fake-Christian-beauty-queen veneer slipped. She was like a robot whose programming was damaged. The crap about developing poise in order to witness for Christ was just bizarre. And the hubby dinged the gaydar. This couple was completely inauthentic.

We saw where Victoria gets her bratty behavior--from her mother.

Lily's mother seemed to have a lot of common sense. Too bad she's applying it to the world of pageantry.

I think to some degree the presence of a production crew overstimulates these children and they wig out. In my family we call it "showing out." And I wonder if the moms think that being singled out for taping means they will do well in the pageant, and then they are shocked and disappointed when they do not?

Edited by pasdetrois, Feb 17, 2011 @ 8:35 AM.

chickieloveknit

chickieloveknit

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 7:51 AM

I know she isn't the first kids to say it on this show but it seems kind of sad a kid that young to be so cash focused. And it just seems so vulgar to state it like that at any age.

"I looooove money!" seems to be the new thing to go right along with being a "diva" and a "spoiled brat". Disgusting.

And as much as we complain about the moms dressing like they just rolled out of bed, I have to admit the glitz on Ashley's mom's top was a little distracting.

It seemed there were two types of Mom's in the audience last night: your traditional, run of the mill, hosebeast and Moms that looked like they were dressed for a night out at the cheesy local dance club.

A-N didn't have one special thing about her. I couldn't stand Lily but gave her a break because she had a normal name and she beat A-N and put the Mom in her place. Anyone else notice how A-N's Mom couldn't even bring herself to say Lily's name? It was always "that girl" or "the three year old". Like she and her daughter were too above her to even call her by name.

Victoria's flipper smile was so horrifying I had to look away and yet she won "Best Smile". Apparently, a great smile runs in the family as I couldn't tell if Victoria's Mom had braces or a mouthful of food at all times.

Cheri3

Cheri3

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 8:56 AM

Holy mother of hairspray and pixie sticks...as i was watching this episode, all I could think of was "Snarkfest". Between the on-going pixie sticks, let's jack up our child so they perform to the "This is all for the glory". Ugh. No wonder my Northern friends think everybody who lives in the south (and that includes Texas) are just nuts. There is no other word for it.

The moms were pretty much awful with the exception of Ivy, who kinda had a clue. Tho', as somebody else pointed out, Lily must have been channeling Makenzie. Yikes..it's cute for like 2 seconds and then it's just ugly.

As for as poor Victoria (and I say that because she has a mom like that), I hope she releases the surly bonds and just gets the hell out of dodge. My parents had a resort and I've done a lot of ugly jobs but if I had acted like "Princesses don't do poop" then my mom would have given me a snake and pointed me to..well, if you know what a snake is (in plumbing terms) you know what I mean. Sorry...Vickie dearest, but that *poop* allows you to be a princess.

A-N, like Victoria, is just cursed with a deluded mom. Yes...let's show the world that these bible thumpers will justify any action in the name of the Lord. Yeah..I see how Christian you were...this is why Christians have become such a target. You have people like this women "representing" them. I can see A-N's mother griping when her little darling doesn't get star student every week or head cheerleader.

These children were cute...but not gorgeous. They are just little kids but I'll make book that A-N and Victoria's moms keep them doing the pageant scene, all the while telling them that they are beautiful and everybody is jealous of their looks.

As an aside, I would *love* to know how each family really gets their money. I know we saw Victoria's mom working but what about the other two?

fountainof

fountainof

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 9:04 AM

I really enjoyed the natural beauty portion of last night's show. Pretty much all the girls shown looked better sweet and natural then they did in the glitz segment. The smooth flat hair with hairbands, etc. was much nicer then all the 80s overcurling that goes on for Glitz. I cannot believe that mom was mad about her daughter winning natural and not glitz!

The glitz part of this episode didn't seem all the glitzy to me, some of the girls looked very similar from natural to glitz with just some eyelashes and back combing added. Often we see glitz way over the top, this glitz seemed muted in comparison.

dmmetler

dmmetler

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 9:11 AM

2 piece bathing suits are actually very practical on little girls who are potty training or not too far out of it-they're FAR easier to go to the bathroom quickly in. But there's a wide range of 2 piece suits that aren't full bikinis.

I agree that Lily has a lot of "spirit" that would benefit from being channeled positively (kind of like Makenzie), but I think a good preschool class would be better than pageants-natural OR glitz.

Ashley, honey, run as fast as those little legs can take you. Any time a parent is telling you to put your hands on your butt and shake your booty while you're still in pull-ups, that's not a good thing.

I will say I was kind of glad Ashley didn't win anything.

Victoria? Horrible, but the apple is falling exactly as expected.

It was nice to see a natural-type pageant. I almost wonder if they added a glitz segment to get more participation? It did seem like even the glitz judges weren't the "high glitz, we want to see the total package" that the other pageants have had. I could see most little girls who like dressing up enjoying the natural beauty part of the pageant, and that seemed very age appropriate.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 9:50 AM

I just can't even fathom all the levels of fucked up it is to say you're surprised (and a little disappointed) that your child won natural and she didn't win glitz. So, basically, you want to teach her that she's not pretty enough on her own unless she spackles on 2 tons of makeup, false eyelashes, extensions, and fake tan? Lovely.

And, yes, while I hate to see a kid pay for the sins of the parent, I was glad Lily beat A-N just because it pissed her mother off so much. Nice to know that pageants are more important than all that silly potty-training progress. Just pee in your pull-up, you've got to go out on stage and shake that ass for the crowd!

Lily does need some serious parenting that she's not getting, though. A 3 year old saying "I kick ass"??

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

AN's mother takes flak from her church for putting her tiny daughter in pageants, so she's developing a "Jesus Loves Pageants" spiel to justify the behavior. But after a long pageant day, and not winning, her fake-Christian-beauty-queen veneer slipped. She was like a robot whose programming was damaged. The crap about developing poise in order to witness for Christ was just bizarre. And the hubby dinged the gaydar.

I have genetic Gaydar although I'm not gay...and this couple also dinged my EntrepreneurDar. They should start a pageant ministry...a church that travels to states in a specific region. Ms. Christian Beauty Queen would run the pageants (with her team of former beauty queen assistants) and the hubby could be the Master of Ceremonies...and encourage the little girls with a religious style cheer about their booties. Mr. Beauty Queen would keep his day job because it appears to be pretty good.

watercoolergirl

watercoolergirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 11:23 AM

A-N's mumbling made it sound almost exactly the same when she said "Jesus loves me" and the "Judges love me."

I wonder if she even knows there's a difference.

Most of the things she said were just parroting back what her mom told her to say. Which is also what'll probably happen if she ever does go up to a stranger and start telling them about Christ.

Most of the time I can watch the parents on this show with a healthy sense of incredulity and then let it go. But former-beauty-pageant mom wanting to teach her daughter how to keep herself pretty and made up so she can catch and keep a husband was so over the top - and all too real - it wasn't even entertaining.

eminwf

eminwf

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 11:41 AM

Most of the time I can watch the parents on this show with a healthy sense of incredulity and then let it go. But former-beauty-pageant mom wanting to teach her daughter how to keep herself pretty and made up so she can catch and keep a husband was so over the top - and all too real - it wasn't even entertaining.

I feel the same way and for some reason the "My mom is hotter than your mom" bib A-N was wearing really disturbs me.

stinkymcgee

stinkymcgee

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 12:20 PM

I feel the same way and for some reason the "My mom is hotter than your mom" bib A-N was wearing really disturbs me.

Wait... what? When was she wearing this??

It disturbs me too, and I know exactly why -- because a) mom demonstrated that she did indeed feel that way about the other moms, b) she fully intends to instill a similar set of behaviors in her daughter, and c) it's extraordinarily inappropriate at a child's beauty pageant to crack on others, no matter what you judge their level of attractiveness to be.

cjames

cjames

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 12:22 PM

This week's episode disturbed me with all of the trash-talking, pee, and poo. That religious mom - "my daughter is in pageants so she can talk to people about Jesus" - annoyed the crap out of me.

When the 18-35 month-olds were on-stage waiting for their prizes there was one who was sucking on what appeared to be a dildo. What are these moms teaching their little pageant princesses?

JennDear

JennDear

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 12:34 PM

And the hubby dinged the gaydar. This couple was completely inauthentic.

I fast forward through all the 'getting to know you' stuff so the first time I saw AN & fam was when they were dressing her. I thought Dad was her gay Pageant coach.

As an aside, I would *love* to know how each family really gets their money. I know we saw Victoria's mom working but what about the other two?

THIS is the show I want to watch! I know it's rude but I want to know exactly how these families pay for these pageants. Credit cards? Grandma's savings? How do they do it? There could be a whole show called "How I Pay For My Kid's Pageant Habit" and I'd watch it.

Ladyhawk777

Ladyhawk777

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 12:47 PM

I thought Dad was her gay Pageant coach.

Same here, only I thought he was a makeup artist.

passmeatiara

passmeatiara

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 12:50 PM

The girl who won the overall Supreme title, Trinity, is the daughter of Chasity Saunders who owns Coastal Georgia Pageant Productions. She is the director who put on the Mardi Gras pageant that was featured a few weeks ago in South Georgia. Remember the episode with Alyssa and Brenna?

So that is probably why the mad mom was saying the little girl's mother knew the judges. I am not defending the lady, just explaining that the pageant world is small & so is South Georgia. So, when you are a pageant director in South Georgia, you know all the other pageant directors and judges in the area. That must make it really hard for Trinity to compete. I am sure Victoria's mom wasn't the only one thinking "oh yeah, trinity won b/c her mom knew the judges". She just happenend to say it outloud to a camera & that makes her look like the crazy one. She should have kept her mouth shut & been proud of her daughter for winning the natural title.

Edited by passmeatiara, Feb 17, 2011 @ 1:03 PM.

Libby1975

Libby1975

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 1:20 PM

That explanation of the pageant connections helped explain what was otherwise quite a left-field, sore-loser kind of comment.

This episode has to be the most times I've heard the word "booty" in the space of a week, much less an hour. It was quite disturbing to hear a three year old urged to "shake it" so often.

BelleCurve

BelleCurve

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 1:40 PM

T&T producers should hire Mike Rowe and do "Dirty Pageants or...how I earn all the money I blow making sure my daughter can't get along with others and has an inflated sense of self, not to mention that I can't pay my electric bill".
And I was falling asleep as the one little kid was being fed cheese and cookies? Huh?

Libby1975

Libby1975

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 1:54 PM

A-N's mother... Apparently I missed the commandments that said shake your ass, piss in your pants, and talk shit about others. WWJD?

This made me laugh so hard I think I may have lost a filling. Having said that, this episode shows that in a lot of instances the moms are damned-if-they-do and damned-if-they-don't: the kid who needed to go potty was late getting back on stage and was docked points (probably) and the mom made to look a bit of a ninny for it. Conversely the mom who had a contingency plan comes off kinda icky.

Another way in which we condemn these women no matter what is on the matter of their appearance: while usually the obese mother's come in for the most criticism in this area, the thinner women who crow about it don't fare much better. I suppose a mom could be both nice-looking and not a braggart about it, but that would really go against the grain for this bunch.

Jacobi

Jacobi

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 2:03 PM

Is it just me, or does AN and Mia (coneboobs) remind you of "Precious Moments" figurines (ick)

In a world full of Madame Alexander Dolls, AN and Mia are cloying, Precious Moments statues.

eminwf

eminwf

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 2:13 PM

Wait... what? When was she wearing this??

During the "glue in the eye" segment.

I kept waiting for a "My mom's a MILF" bib to show up. Luckily they must have left that one at home.

skiperdee123

skiperdee123

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 2:28 PM

I crazy love this show. It's trainwreck tv at it's finest. And I equally love this thread for the always entertaining remarks.

I don't know if I've ever commented on this board, but last night's show -- and specifically A-N's mother -- has prompted me to come out of the shadows. I can't contain myself. She is, without a doubt, everything I despise in a woman. Not only does she represent the stereotypical southern head-up-her-ass bimbo who truly believes that taking care of yourself physically is a virtue that makes you not equal to but superior to others, I hate, hate, hate it when anyone speaks about their religion as if there is no room for disagreement. Her smug, self-satisfied, know-it-all attitude made me want to wretch. She puts fake eyelashes on her 3 year old and she and her husband gawk and gape at it and mom says she loves them so much she might want to put them on her child every day. What set of eyeballs is a mother using when they look at their toddler and see her as more beautiful with fake eyelashes??????? Thing is, she really does believe her child is a stunner. And, the kicker...that pallid, translucent, charismatic-less child of hers is going to grow up as one of those girls/women who won't go out of the house without full makeup and heels because in the privacy of her own bathroom, she knows how plain she really is. I only take solace in knowing that A-N's mommy will some day be forced to face the fact that her husband cheated on her ---- with the lawn guy.

Libby1975

Libby1975

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 2:46 PM

Hey guys - I know we have a new T&T to snark on tonight but I spotted this and thought it was interesting. ... If you do watch the clip I found it impossible to understand what they were saying but Mickie clearly looks irriated and Brooke says quite clearly with Mickie behind her, "Well, she a stage mom..." and I bet what she said after that wasn't too flattering. Also, Eden looks considerably older in this video - more like the 6 year old, that she is. Check it out and if anyone can decipher what the heck they're saying be sure to post:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IxOOPYJ2tWM

Eden definitely looks older, but I think she looks great. Prettier than I would have expected, not as chunky as I thought and *very* reminiscent of Anna Nicole Smith, for better or for worse. She has better co-ordination these days, as you would hope, so that all important butt-shaking is really coming along. Mickie's hootin' and hollerin' comes through in any language, mores the pity.

After watching Mickie further, I find her arrogant,narcissistic & condescending. It seems she enjoys going into these low income pageant circuits were she's the big cheese . She could care less about these people. They feed her ego & it makes her feel better about herself.

Maybe that's the need in the mom that's really being fed. Maybe what she gets out of this baby beauty debacle is not the ego-boost of a pimped out daughter but the ego-boost of being better than everyone else and having spent more money than everyone else. She can strut around the smaller pageants crowing about the amount of money she's spent and come out of it feeling all superior. If that is the case, I really hope she makes the acquaintance of Seabiscuit, the klassy ex-stripper mom with the private plane who claims to have spent $250,000 on her infant twin daughters in less than a year. That would be the battle of the titans.

Is it just me, or does AN and Mia (coneboobs) remind you of "Precious Moments" figurines (ick)

Yes! I knew they reminded me of something. They are the living counterparts of the Sad-Eyed Dead Baby (tm Johnathan Ross).

Edited by Libby1975, Feb 17, 2011 @ 2:54 PM.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 3:05 PM

this couple also dinged my EntrepreneurDar.

Me too. I definately got the "Amway" vibe from them.

I also saw the little girl sucking on something that resembled a dildo during crowning. What the hell was that?!?

Pittipat

Pittipat

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 4:30 PM

I reading this thread while listening to DEVO mp3s. Right now "Baby Doll" is playing and it makes everything that much funnier. :)

I kinda liked Poop Mom when she was first shown actually working - wow, someone who goes out and earns money to enter their child in pageants?! - but then her true colors came through.

Mrs. "BringJesustothemassesthroughmakeupandglitterglue" just irked the hell out of me. Yeah, don't teach your daughter that being yourself or having a kind personality will take you places. By all means, learn to cover up your ugly so a man will want you. I'm beginning to understand men having RealDolls now.

Too bad makeup doesn't cover bitch.

patroo

patroo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 5:07 PM

Too bad makeup doesn't cover bitch.

Pittipat, you are a goddess. That totally explains this show and would make such a great show title!

Wrigleydog

Wrigleydog

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 5:39 PM

Dear God, AN's mother made me want to vomit!

She is, without a doubt, everything I despise in a woman. Not only does she represent the stereotypical southern head-up-her-ass bimbo who truly believes that taking care of yourself physically is a virtue that makes you not equal to but superior to others, I hate, hate, hate it when anyone speaks about their religion as if there is no room for disagreement.

I totally agree. So repulsive.

If A-N came up to me and started spouting bible verses, I would throw holy water on her.

Bwwaahahaha!! I'll join you.

I hope she doesn't find a man. I hope she becomes a lesbian, gets the most non-feminine girlfriend she can, rides a Harley, and gets facial tattoos.

Word to that! :) I was thinking the same thing. What if AN doesn't end up wanting to get married (or to marry a man!)? What if she decides she wants to go to college, have a career or do anything other than please her husband with her appearance? Also, what is AN going to remember from doing pageants at AGE 3 that will ultimately help her with these pursuits? God help that child with such a dumbass for a mother.

I thought Lily was cute, but I wanted to slap her. What an obnoxious brat. That was not normal 2 yr old behavior ("I kick a**!"). Her mother needs to grow a pair and discipline that child.

I felt sorry for Victoria, mostly for having such a horrid shrew for a mother.

The emphasis on money, money, money was disturbing too. And $20 for losing a tooth?!? Are you effin' kidding me?