Tech Issues for Handhelds

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

116 replies to this topic

browser26

browser26

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2010 @ 3:30 PM

I've changed the page view into column view and that does it for me. I am on a Blackberry curve.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2010 @ 8:14 PM

Column view works for me as well.

Kitten Poker Cheater

Kitten Poker Cheater

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2010 @ 8:02 PM

Great- how does one do that?

browser26

browser26

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2010 @ 4:19 PM

When you are on the TWop site or any site that you have to scroll sideways in your blackberry, you press the menu button (the one next to your touchpad/trackball-the blackberry symbol as I call it) and scroll up after the help there is column view/zoom in/zoom out and you select column view. If you want to make column view the default (so it will be column view at any site you go to) you press the menu button when you are in your browser-go to options-general properties-default view and change it to column. I have made column view the default because sadly the TWop forums are what I visit the most on my blackberry.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 7:47 PM

Is there any way to access the forums on a blackberry where one doesn't have to scroll sideways and back to read the posts- ie, to get the posts to fit the screen without needing a nasa-made magnifier to read them?

I have the related but worse issue of not being able to access the forums at all! When I access TWoP from my Blackberry, I see icons for "home", "shows", "blogs" and "videos". I've clicked on all of those and done some exploring (such as trying to access forums through a recap, which often links them), but just can't seem to find ANY link or icon for the forums.

I'm sure I'm missing something embarrassingly obvious, so if anyone can point out what that is, I'll be deeply grateful! Thank you!

browser26

browser26

Channel Surfer

Posted May 27, 2010 @ 6:04 PM

I use Google and my history always. I type in Google for example American Idol twop forums. It usually the first or second on the list. I click on that link and voila forum. I look at whatever thread I need to and if I want to now check another forum e.g., the Drama forums I scroll to the bottom, I get the dropdown menus and I scroll and go to whatever forum I would like to view. When I had to go back (let say the next day Friday) I just check my history-go to your browser (little globe icon) scroll to history click it and then under Thursday it says forums.televisionwithoutpity.com and I click on that and it shows you the individual thread/forums that you view yesterday (Thursday)

I also sign in and check the remember me forums so it remembers where I have left off (which is at the top of every thread/forum).

I also have a bookmark which I rarely use. The bookmark on my Blackberry Curve is is called TWoP Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board) and this is the website it showed:

http://forums.televi...dex.php?act idx

Hope it helps. Of course you have to have a data plan/wifi access etc

sands

sands

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2010 @ 4:50 AM

Having problems with the twop iPhone app. It seems to hang on the "loading feeds" screen. I've never gotten past that. iPhone 3GS running iOS4. Does anyone else have probs?

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jul 13, 2010 @ 11:19 AM

I am, too, with an iPhone 3G on iOS4. The list of the shows or blogs load just fine, but if I tap on a show, nothing ever loads.

Paws

Paws

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2010 @ 8:07 PM

Problems here with iPhone app (3GS) as well--it is essentially useless right now! Loads forever, no content comes up other than the lists.

bigSATCfan

bigSATCfan

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 12:01 PM

I have the same problem with the iPhone app - I can see lists of shows but no recaps will load. It worked really well until a few weeks ago.

Narya

Narya

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 24, 2010 @ 1:43 PM

I was at the site on my Touch, and the site asked if I wanted to use the mobile version and if it wanted the site to remember me, and I foolishly clicked yes to both, rather than merely the first, and I can't figure out how to unremember me so I can occasionally get to the full site on the Touch. Any ideas?

PaperBagHead

PaperBagHead

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2011 @ 8:47 PM

I can't view spoilers on my iPad. Any ideas?

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Feb 11, 2011 @ 9:35 PM

This is how I’ve done it on the iPhone, so I assume it would be the same. I copy the passage that has the spoiler in it, and then open up the Fast Reply, and paste that passage in the Fast Reply box. The spoiler tags disappear, and I can read the post.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Feb 11, 2011 @ 9:35 PM.

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 1:15 PM

Oh, that's a good idea! I go all the way out to the Notes app to paste them. Your way is much faster :-).

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 2:39 PM

I used to do it that way, too, and then one day it dawned on me that there was another text-entering box closer to hand. It only took me a couple of years of using the iPhone to figure that out.

flick chick

flick chick

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2011 @ 4:17 PM

Hi,

to make spoilers visible on iPhone and iPad, following the procedure outlined here, adds a bookmark that functions as a spoiler toggle:

http://neowaf.appspot.com/spoiler.html

Enjoy! :)

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2011 @ 5:55 PM

That is very cool, flick chick. Thanks!

Selianth

Selianth

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 10:46 AM

flick chick, that is SPECTACULAR. Thanks for the link.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2011 @ 11:52 PM

Is it possible to install the forum plugin called "Tapatalk"? It's a great way to view forums on mobile devices (IOS, blackberry, android, and more.) I've been using the Lofi Version, but it's got its issues.

The plugin is free to install for forum owners and the app is only Free to $2.99 for forum members (plus, those of us who get it can use it for multiple forums).

Meanwhile, thanks for the link flick chick!

blorkiemom

blorkiemom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2011 @ 3:14 PM

Whenever I try to access the forums on my Captivate, my browser shuts down. No message--just kicks me back to my home screen. It happens with the standard android browser and Dolphin. Any ideas? Thanks.

erinjsnark

erinjsnark

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2011 @ 8:00 AM

Agreed. Just got a Samsung Fascinate yesterday and the whole twop site crashes everytime. The second the page finishes loading it crashes ms back to the phone's homepage.

Anabolina

Anabolina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2011 @ 3:53 PM

I second Tapatalk cmm226. If it covered the TWOP forums, I would actually buy it. Last I check back in January, it didn't cover any of the forums I regularly visit, so I uninstalled it.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2011 @ 3:27 AM

Another possible plugin is Berryblab. Also free to install for forum owners, but just an app for blackberry users.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2011 @ 5:31 AM

Also wanted to chime in about Android browser crashing on this site. Opera Mini seems to work flawlessly, though.

whitearrow22

whitearrow22

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 12:47 PM

I'm an Android user (Xoom and EVO) and was wondering if there is any workaround for showing spoilers like the bookmarklet for iphone? Having to copy/paste into another app is kind of miserable. Thanks.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2011 @ 12:47 PM

I have a new ipad2 and I was wondering about copying and pasting for a Fast Reply. While I know how to copy and paste, whenever I try to do this the "add selected text as quote" button never comes up. Am I doing something wrong?

changfumom

changfumom

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 10:41 AM

Same question as Ivy Darling and I have a iPad ( not2).Copying and pasting are impossible using my hand held which is all I use for fun things like twop. And I assume it's also a hand held issue that the reply threads aren't clear. (Instead, it just looks like everyone lines up and posts. Nothing is marked "reply" with indented comments.)

Please know I LOVE being able to post here and it's worth the bother that I can't cut and paste or get under the right comment. It's not that difficult to follow the RHWONY forum. I just think it would make life easier though if my posts were clearer, and to do so, it'd be nice to have those basic functions back. Thank you!

Edited by changfumom, Jun 8, 2011 @ 10:43 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 1:56 PM

While I know how to copy and paste, whenever I try to do this the "add selected text as quote" button never comes up.

No, it appears that that part of the page code is something the iPad canít process. So youíll need to handwrite the quote tags in.

And I assume it's also a hand held issue that the reply threads aren't clear. (Instead, it just looks like everyone lines up and posts. Nothing is marked "reply" with indented comments.)

No, thatís the way the entire board functions. Everyone posts in succession and there are no "reply" buttons or indented comments.

Genius

Genius

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2011 @ 8:38 AM

Will we ever see full recaps for the mobile site? Just curious.

BlackStar

BlackStar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2011 @ 5:40 AM

How are iPhone users able to view forums on the mobile site? When I go to m.twop.com there isn't a link to the forums.