7-21: "Performance #10: Results" 2008.11.25 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

194 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Nov 24, 2008 @ 11:03 PM

Each couple does their favorite routine from the season and the winners are announced. Jeff Ross roasts the contestants. Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keyes perform.

teevee

teevee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:01 PM

I smiled when Mark took up Derek on his shoulders. It reminded me of Derek doing the same last season.

Congrats to Brooke and thank you Warren for knocking Lance out at third. Didn't care who won after that.

ETA: Derek looked like he was going to take that trophy and run away with it.

Edited by teevee, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:03 PM.

mezz98

mezz98

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:01 PM

I don't have TV and can't see the show until it's up online tomorrow. What did I miss? What did I miss? Yes, I'm like a 2-year-old when it comes to this show.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:02 PM

Watching the parade of stars and I thought to myself "Ted got hosed." And Kim....wasn't even trying. In happier news, Maks looks OUTSTANDING.

Well, at least a lady won. A fairly robotic personality wise lady whose dancer was more enthusiatic about the win than she was but...a lady won so kudos to Brooke. More importantly, Lance lost. Win win!

On to season 8! And hopefully BACK TO BASICS!

Edited by mtlchickie, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:03 PM.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:02 PM

I can't say that I was rooting for Brooke the whole season but I am very happy that she won. Actually I think I am more happy that Derek got his mirror ball trophy (which he was hanging on to for a hot minute before he gave it over to Brooke). I wanted Brooke/Warren as the final two and I got my wish with Brooke as a deserving winner.

The roast had its funny moments but it was okay overall. *sigh* Now what will take up my Monday and Tuesday nights..

ETA: Way too much filler at the beginning of the show, this could have really been an hour.

Edited by bluvelvet, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:04 PM.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:03 PM

Congrats to Brooke! May we never hear that women won't vote for women, nor will they vote for "hot women" ever again. I'm happy for Brooke, but sad for Kym to finish 2nd once again.

Seeing Brooke's husband start to cry did get to me. I guess I'm a sap.

I pretty much figured they would give Brooke all 10's tonight and Warren 9's if they had any hope of Brooke winning. Granted I think she deserved those 10's compared to the dances the others did, but I still think Warren probably won the fan vote.

gik910

gik910

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:03 PM

Well, that was predictable. The most underwhelming season to date. And a really, really long show. I think we may be reaching saturation point w/ DWTS. They should scale back to once a year.

Congrats to the winners! Sad for Kim, cuz she seems like one of the most genuine people ever. Samantha continues to be dismal at interviewing & Tom continues to be made of win..(at least some things are consistant)
(no way was B&D'd freestyle the best ever. It was good, not the best)

Oh well, on to speculating on the next cast

Edited by gik910, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:07 PM.

Schoolgirl81

Schoolgirl81

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:04 PM

My least favorite couple won. I was really hoping for a Warren/Kym win.

EagerContrarian

EagerContrarian

Fanatic

• Interests:Performing Arts, Politics

Congrats to Brooke!

w00t!!! Lance and Lacey in third.

JuiceNewton

JuiceNewton

Channel Surfer

This is the first season of DWTS I've ever watched, and it might be the last for the following reason: that voting system is so flawed. I preface the fact that certain prediction sites are nowhere near 100%, but at the same time what point is there to having some sort of fan vote if overinflated judge scoring throws it out the window?

GoldenWoman

GoldenWoman

Stalker

I am so happy with the outcome. The right two were the final 2 standing. The show was WAAY too long though. I also would have liked a pro dance or two. Miley is horrible and Alicia was allright. Tom was hillarious tonight. Maurice cracked me up and I too though Ted got hosed. It was great to see Inna tonight.

ETA: Warren getting emotional about Kym during their partnership piece was adorable. I loved their partnership so much.

Edited by GoldenWoman, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:06 PM.

GilvearSt

GilvearSt

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:05 PM

I smiled when Mark took up Derek on his shoulders. It reminded me of Derek doing the same last season.

Yes, because it's all about Derek. My eyes actually hurt from rolling them so hard. I hated it last year and hate it again now. I'm thrilled Brooke won because she is a fabulous dancer and a fun person, but Derek managed to make it all about him once again. The good thing is the season is over and he can shut the hell up for a while. Seriously, just shut up.

Edited by GilvearSt, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:05 PM.

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:05 PM

I'm glad Brooke won, but I hate Derek. The way he was talking about how it was a dream, blah blah blah, you'd think that he was the contestant and not Brooke. Then he barely let her hold the trophy. I'm so tired of the Hough triplets. At least I won't have to hear from them for a while. Next year, I hope they stick Derek with the old grandma.

On another note, good lord, Miley Cyrus sounded like ASS. She is such a horrible singer. Why again is this girl so popular?

Edited by blackwing, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:06 PM.

Arrow

Arrow

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:06 PM

Is there a bigger ass than Derek? Unbelievable! I'm so glad that Brooke won, but I actually put all my text and computer votes to Warren because I like both him and Kym. I disliked Derek, Lacey, and Lance for one reason or another, and liked Brooke only out of that foursome.

I voted for Warren and wanted a win for Kym, but Brooke totally deserved it--she danced so beautifully.

And Derek--you are a complete and total ass. I can't believe how long he hung on to that trophy before giving it to Brooke!

But--I tell myself, he's young. He isn't even 21, is he?

tolliveramc

tolliveramc

Loyal Viewer

Glad Brooke won.

Miley Cyrus was awful, and it seemed like she was lip synching? The judges kinda embarrassed themselves as extras for her.

Jeffrey Ross is a hack. When every crack about Lance Bass is about his sexual orientation -- every single one -- it says something to me about Ross' sense of "humor." I thought Lance handled it with grace. (If he hadn't made such a disastrous choice for the freestyle last night, he might have had a shot at this thing.)

Samantha couldn't possibly have been dumber than she was tonight. But who prepped Tom? I felt bad for him and for Cloris (a first!) when he asked the question about Broadway, only to learn that show had been scrapped. Do they have fact-checkers on the show?

Tranquility

Tranquility

Channel Surfer

When I tried to remember all the contestants this season i fogot about Ted. Then I watched him dance and I couldn't believe that I forgot about, he was really good in his performance. Heres to hope Inna is back next season.

Well my pick won a season for once, and yes the Wonder Trio have each a trophy, but with the new addition of Corky in the Ballas crew, could he be the next to win?. Though some might despise me for suggesting it, I wonder how Shirley Ballas would fair in this competition.

Fun part was after the declaration of the winner, Mark just lifted up Derek and Brooke is all lost and looks like she wants to be lifted to, then Corky comes along I believe and puts his head in her skirt, attempting to lift her up, all I could see was a worried Brooke trying to fix herself hahaha, bet you she didn't want that man under her skirt.

FilmBuff90

FilmBuff90

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:07 PM

My sister, upon learning who won (we're on the west coast and we don't wait), said that for her, this is the second "f***sicle." The first was when Nuttin' but Stringz didn't win on America's Got Talent, and she wanted Lance to win this season.

Me, I just watch the show by osmosis. Can't avoid it here in the living room, even with headphones on, listening to jazz online, but I thought Brooke was impressive all season.

Edited by FilmBuff90, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:15 PM.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

I preface the fact that certain prediction sites are nowhere near 100%, but at the same time what point is there to having some sort of fan vote if overinflated judge scoring throws it out the window?

I'm actually okay with this. Otherwise this becomes American Idol and every other voter based reality show. I still think Lance would have gone out third if all viewer vote since they basically threw their freestyle. Only difference to me is Warren probably would have won over Brooke on all fan vote. Obviously the dancing was subjective, but I thought Brooke earned those 10's tonight, or at least compared to what the other two couples put out there.

jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Fanatic

Could TPTB and the judges be anymore transparent? They so obviously wanted Brooke to win.

Looking at the facts, her judges share was nearly 3 and 3.5 percentiles higher than Lance's and Warren's, respectfully. And they had her dance last.

However, I'm not really dissatisfied. Her V. waltz absolutely tore the house and made me tear up with joy.

PS, Those eliminated contestants really brought their A-games tonight.

Botswana

Botswana

Fanatic

"Weekend at Bernie's. The Musical!" Best line of the night.

So glad Brooke won. Between her and Warren? Yeah, she's a thousand times better!

GoldenWoman

GoldenWoman

Stalker

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:08 PM

The only sad part was seeing Kym come in second again. I really liked her and her partnership with Warren.

keepitupizzle

keepitupizzle

Just Tuned In

Seeing Brooke's husband start to cry did get to me. I guess I'm a sap.

I was laughing when he was crying. All I could think was that he could add that to his acting reel.

I was so disappointed with this finale. I didn't care for any of the final three. However, out of all of them I wanted Warren to win the most. This season has been so blah and predictable for me.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Does this mean that Derek can stop being so annoying now? Good for Brooke, though. She seems nice, even if I wasn't particularly captivated by most of her dances.

Sorry, Kym. They'll probably stick her with cannon fodder next season. :(

But--I tell myself, he's young. He isn't even 21, is he?

He's only a year younger than me, so I'm not buying the "he's so young!" excuse. I really hate when that sort of excuse is trotted out once you're old enough to legally drink. So...personally, I feel no guilt calling him out on being irritating. :P

ETA: I agree with the posters who say that the one good thing is that Lance and Lacey came in third. Suck on that, Lance!

Edited by tip and fall, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:16 PM.

nichelle

nichelle

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:09 PM

That was painful. And I'm not talking about who won. By the end of the show, I didn't care who won anymore. It was like the Dancing with the Stars marathon. I might have called in and donated $5 if they promised to end it before the 2 hours was up.

troubleinmind

troubleinmind

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:10 PM

I'm sorry I bothered voting. Good for Brooke and all, but, no way were they letting Warren and Kym win. Brooke's dancing did not deserve all 10's yesterday and today and Warren didn't deserve a 7, but, mathematically, it had to work that way. I would have rather L/L won than Brooke. The predictability ruined it for me. I think they would have had a fourth dance if needed to make the scores work out.

I really wanted Kym to win this as much as I wanted Warren. Derek is obnoxious.

Edited by troubleinmind, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:16 PM.

sunalsosets

sunalsosets

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:11 PM

Does this mean that Derek can stop being so annoying now?

Will the sky stop being blue? I didn't see the show, wasn't interested as I knew from yesterday Derek and Brooke would win and DialIdol this morning made me know that Lance and Lacey would be third so yeah, whatever.

However I can see that I clearly didn't miss much. And I thought Mark's display was a little over the top last season but gosh sounded like Derek trumped him. So okay they all have their trophies - can they all go off and pursue their "singing" (using the term loosely)?

It's funny to me that Lacey got bashed all season about making the show about her and the mugging and being a fame-whore and I saw more partnership/connection/genuine fondness and friendship with that girl and Lance than I ever saw with Derek and Brooke.

Edited by sunalsosets, Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:13 PM.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Derek was 23 on May 17. And I'm SOOO happy Brooke won! Though I'd have been happy with Warren too (for Kym but also for him - what a sweetie.) And most of all, I'm happy Lance did NOT win. I thought he would - but to think that with his pigeon toes and the fact that he was far worse than Joey who came in 2nd, well, I think that would have been almost as atrocious as Helio beating Mel B. Speaking of which, two women in a row! Now it's 4 to 3 and that's pretty good balance, considering.

I thought Miley was pretty bad -- but no worse than the Jonas Brothers or Jessica Simpson, I guess. How do these people get so popular? Sheesh.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Well that was just fine. I would have been pretty happy any way it ended up, I think.

Interesting that the way it played out was a bit of a diss to Lance, because even though he beat out Warren in judges scores, he clearly didn't in viewer votes.

I don't think all of the female viewers were voting for Brooke in that couple.

Interestingly careful last few section of the finale (am I mixing the godawfully unfair finales up with SYTYCD?).

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

Jeffrey Ross is a hack. When every crack about Lance Bass is about his sexual orientation -- every single one -- it says something to me about Ross' sense of "humor." I thought Lance handled it with grace. (If he hadn't made such a disastrous choice for the freestyle last night, he might have had a shot at this thing.)

That might be true, but all the Warren jokes were about him being fat so I don't see much difference.

Like others, I'm not sure I'm thrilled that Derek won. I'm happy for Brooke, but Derek certainly made it more about him than any other pro who has taken the trophy. I've never seen Alec, Cheryl, Julianne or Mark pull that crap. It even kind of annoyed me that Julianne and Mark made the beeline for Derek before congratulating Brooke. I get he's their brother/best friend, but at the same time last I checked the show was still supposed to be about the celeb.

PassTheSalt

PassTheSalt

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 11:15 PM

Congrats to Brooke and thank you Warren for knocking Lance out at third. Didn't care who won after that.

Cosign. I could just sit back and watch happily after that because I would have been happy with either winning. I'm not usually one to take glee in someone "losing", but after some of the douchebag comments that Lance has made about his fellow competitors, I was glad to see him out first. Oh, and I was glad to see Len stick by his "I won't give a jitterbug a 10" thing... as weird as that is. It would have been hypocritical to change that now. L&L should have done their mambo IMO. I hate Lance, and even I smiled through that one.

I'm happy for Brooke. I have been on the Warren gravy train all season, but Brooke is a beautiful dancer and she doesn't give off diva vibes, so I am glad that she took it. That said, if the scores had been a bit closer, as in just a few more points, I bet Warren would win. His fanbase was proven to be bigger than Lance/Lacey's, at least tonight, so may have gotten more votes than Brooke. But since she brought it in the finals with her high scores, she could overtake any deficit in voting. And good on her!

Aw, Kym has come in 2nd twice now. :( She is definitely in my "pro that MUST win!" category. I love her just as much as Warren does.

Miley Cyrus is untalented, unattractive, and a waste of my life. To have to endure that crap, while watching the end celebration cut short in return, makes me want to stick my foot in the tv. WHY.

Out of the revisited dances, I definitely enjoyed Maurice's salsa & Cody's jitterbug. Good choices. But holy smokes, Ted. He looked great! Wow he was jobbed. That was a lovely foxtrot by him and Inna. Toni and Misty both looked fabulous too.

I truly hope Corky is not a professional on this show next year. He is irritating. Instead I will take FABIAN please, and thank you.