Unintentionally Funny Movie Moments

• Please log in to reply

503 replies to this topic

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

Diabetes isn't funny, but I laugh every time Julia Roberts said, "Don't talk about me like I'm not here!" after she went into hypoglycemia in Steel Magnolias.

Corporal Agarn

Corporal Agarn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

I just read this entire thread. Hilarious.

Someone gave a wonderful description of one of my favorite bad horror films--House IV--pages back. I have to add that my UFMM from that film (though there are many), is when the mom goes to talk to the Wise Old American Indian cliche about the house. He proceeds to tell her doom and gloom about it being built on sacred burial ground. Very somber. At the story's end, he smiles politely, picks up an adorable teapot and asks her, "More tea?" Hilariously awesome.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:51 AM

Dead Poet's Society: In the conversation between Keating and that other semi-nice teacher, I think we were meant to be be impressed that Keating didn't need to quote other poets, it shows he's creative and a free thinker, ect. I just think it's funny that he's so chuffed with his own poetry that he feels the need to go around quoting himself. It seems a wee bit egotistical.

The Other Boleyn Girl: Scarlett Johansson's acting at the end there, when she gets the note saying Anne's about to die. I know Anne was a bit of a sociopath in this movie, but Mary did seem to love her dearly anyway. And yet, she finds out her sister's about to be executed right in front of her, and she just looks puzzled. I think I displayed more concern this morning when I realised I'd left my bank card at home.

Edited by furrylump, Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:53 AM.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

For kicks I watched the trailer for Beloved. The scene where Beloved spells out her name made me laugh out loud. I then expected her to burp the alphabet or Pledge Of Allegiance.

fuzzybear

fuzzybear

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

This makes me a real bad person, I mean real bad, but when I saw One Day I laughed out loud when Ann Hathaway got hit by the truck at the end. I canít explain it. Itís just that the movie went on and on and on and on and then they finally get together and WHAM a random truck out of the blue. I couldnít help it. It was one of those moments that I started laughing a spilt second before I realized it was supposed to be tragic. Iím a bad person.

Redtracer

Redtracer

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

That scene in One Day is terribly staged, looking like that scene in Mean Girls where Rachel McAdams gets hit by the bus. It would have been a lot better if Emma had completely turned the corner at the end of the alley, and then we just saw the truck speed by, heard the screeching brakes and subsequent crash, and then cut directly to her laying on the ground. I'm pretty sure that everyone in the audience would have been able to figure out what happened.

Edited by Redtracer, Jul 29, 2012 @ 10:02 PM.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 8:35 AM

Itís just that the movie went on and on and on and on and then they finally get together and WHAM a random truck out of the blue.

I felt the same way about City of Angels. I mean, she's riding a bike with her arms out and her eyes closed. Of course she's gonna get in an accident. It's hilarious.

dougfir

dougfir

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

Ah, City of Angels.... that slo-mo look of "ohhhhhh shiiiiiiittt.." coming across Meg Ryan's face as the truck pulls in front of her. Comedy gold.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

I kind of love how chilled out she looks doing it, too. I can totally see how someone would do that, if it was in an extreme sports, daredevil-y way. Or an I'm-stinking-drunk-and-someone-dared-me way. Lots of people do dangerous things for a thrill, or bragging rights. No, what I can't believe is the spontaneous, relaxed, embrace-the-dawn thing she's got going on there, because apparently the surgeon is totally unaware that biking hands-free down a winding mountain road with her eyes shut is the least bit risky. Couldn't they have come up with a way of killing her without making her a prime contender for a Darwin Award?

Edited by furrylump, Jul 31, 2012 @ 8:15 AM.

Captains Log

Captains Log

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

I just watched Birdemic: Shock and Terror. And boy, this film may have actually beaten out The Room for the most unintentionally hilarious movie ever. I mean, as horrible a filmmaker as Tommy Wiseau is, at least he knows how to mix sound.

The best single scene is definitely when the heroes try to use coat hangers to fend off a bunch of birds, represented by six GIFs of birds flapping their wings that stay anchored in one place on the screen. But my favorite aspect has to be the indescribably clumsy attempts to give the film an environmental message, where every fifteen minutes or so the movie stops dead so someone can give a speech about global warming. And one of them ends with "I think I hear a mountain lion."

Eegah!!! After reading this post I HAD to watch this movie and YES! It is by far the most all-around unintentionally hilarious movie I have ever seen!

The part that killed me was when they run across the survivors in the bus and the marine dude goes and forces them to leave their safe spot at gun point because 'I'll protect you', and they get 5 steps out of the bus and some yellow liquid falls on them and they slowly die (Giving Paul Rubens a run for his money with their OTT performances) during the next couple minutes.

Then, after several LONG minutes of the camera showing us shots of the dead people, the main dude turns to his GF in the car and says 'I have to save then!' LMAO DUDE!!! They've been dead for almost 5 minutes already! WTF!

Thanks for the recommendation Eegah! I thoroughly enjoyed this movie experience!

Schweedie

Schweedie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 3:56 PM

I went to see Les Misťrables for the second time tonight and remembered a moment where I had to try very hard not to laugh. Javert recognises Valjean and wonders if they've perhaps met before, and Valjean replies, "Yours is not a face I would forget." And Crowe as Javert just gets this sort of hurt look on his face, like he's thinking, "Why, what's wrong with my face?!" I'm sure that's not what they were going for, but I can't unsee it.

urbanmilkwoman

urbanmilkwoman

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 2:25 PM

Pieces is a goldmine when it comes to unintentional hilarity. There's a scene in particular when former tennis pro gone police station secretery gone undercover detective posing as a college tennis instructor fails to save a poor girl from getting murdered. This short scene follows:

Lynda Day George is upset.

Now that's acting!

There's also a scene when a fucking ninja comes flying out of nowhere only to never be referenced again, an epic villain-comes-back-to-life moment and unintentional hilarious dialogue throughout. It is a true gem.

Edited by urbanmilkwoman, Jan 28, 2013 @ 2:27 PM.

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:55 PM

I was recently forced to see Breaking Dawn: Part Two:When Vampires Fight Back, and the part where they line up for battle made me burst out laughing. There's like twelve people on each side in a gigantic field. I know its suppose to be some epic battle, but the fact that so few people cared to show up for it just make me laugh. That and Michael Sheen's laugh.

Also, I just discovered this thread, and one of the things on the first page is Joe (Brad Pitt) getting hit by like four cars in Meet Joe Black. I think my friend and I rewound that scene like ten times, just dying with laughter.

The descriptions in here of The Happening and The Wicker Man are making me want to see those movies.

Edited by Sara Sunshine, Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:56 PM.

PhineasPoe

PhineasPoe

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 12:13 AM

The descriptions in here of The Happening and The Wicker Man are making me want to see those movies.

This should convince you to watch The Wicker Man, and spending almost 90 minutes looking up Mark Wahlberg's nose is hilarious in The Happening.

CSphillyeagles

CSphillyeagles

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 12:28 AM

I know it's suppose to be one of the most poignant and climatic scenes in the play/movie but when Russell Crowe goes over the wall in Les Mis... I just couldn't help it. I knew he was going over but I figured he'd hit the water, not RIGHT in the middle of the concrete thingy! And then the bang. I definitely gasped...and then laughed out of the shock of it all or something.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

Breaking Dawn Part 1

When Bella comes back to life after Edward bites her, I imagined a sound effect like a balloon inflating.

Moment By Moment

A romance starring John Travolta and Lily Tomlin. Let that sink in for a minute.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:12 PM

And they LOATHED each other while making that movie! There was so little chemistry I'm surprised they were able to develop the film stock!

Edited by Bruinsfan, Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:14 PM.

PhineasPoe

PhineasPoe

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 11:47 PM

Don't forget my favorite part: Lily Tomlin looks exactly like Travolta's sister. Lily Tomlin is on the right.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

And they LOATHED each other while making that movie!

I did not know that. It really looked like they didn't know what to do with each other.

Don't forget my favorite part: Lily Tomlin looks exactly like Travolta's sister.

They even had the same hairstyle.

MimiChica

MimiChica

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2013 @ 4:56 PM

I know it's suppose to be one of the most poignant and climatic scenes in the play/movie but when Russell Crowe goes over the wall in Les Mis... I just couldn't help it. I knew he was going over but I figured he'd hit the water, not RIGHT in the middle of the concrete thingy! And then the bang. I definitely gasped...and then laughed out of the shock of it all or something.

I KNOW!! I'm a giant Les Mis fan, and went with my sister on opening night. We both busted out laughing when we heard the giant CRACK of him hitting the concrete. It was a huge really? moment. Like people wouldn't realize he was dead when he fell like 50 feet into the churning river?

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 10:31 AM

In The Green Lantern Ryan's CGI suit made him look like a floating head.

WhyTheLongFace

WhyTheLongFace

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:08 PM

The scene in Starship Troopers where Ironside looks up after starting into a hole in some poor schmuck's head, and says, "They sucked his brain out."

My lady and I debate over whether or not that line was supposed to be funny. I insist that while ST had many moments of intentional camp (like the scene where that one crazy guy gets snatched up by a giant bug, leaving a huge bloody skidmark. I mean, that was so funny even the characters in the movie were laughing at it.), that that particular line was supposed to be deadly serious, yet turned out in my opinion, unintentionally hilarious.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 2:02 PM

I don't know if I'd say it was funny, actually, but in Brokeback Mountain when Alma caught Ennis making out with Jack, I let out an uncomfortable laugh in shock and quite a few other people in the audience did as well.

manbearpig

manbearpig

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 2:32 PM

Recently watched The Disapperance of Alice Creed and laughed out loud when (and, this is a kind of big spoiler)
Spoiler
. Such an effective what the hell moment that I did not spot at all, but in a hilarious way. I actually enjoyed that twist, but it was something I never would have guessed.

emjay1116

emjay1116

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 5:42 PM

I don't know if I'd say it was funny, actually, but in Brokeback Mountain when Alma caught Ennis making out with Jack, I let out an uncomfortable laugh in shock and quite a few other people in the audience did as well.

As did the entire theater when I saw it. I love that moment. So well acted by Michelle Williams.

Sayaka

Sayaka

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 5:12 AM

The very end of Harry Potter,...well, I mostly feel annoyance when I see the finale battle, because the book is so much better, and they pretty much ruined it by making it "big" withouth any understanding for the source material, but I absolutely loose it when they all start stabbing at the damn snake. I now it's meant to be suspenseful and dramatic, but it looks so staged. I keep waiting for someone to accidently stab himself.

That and the guy who is sniffing Hermione in the first part - that's pretty hillarious, too. Like a Twilight actor ended up in the wrong movie.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 11:16 AM

So I was watching this movie about the Yellowstone supervolcano called Super Eruption. And I thought it was just one of these crappy, low budget Poor Man's Roland Emmerich "natural disaster almost destroys the world," TV movies (I think a lot of them are SciFi Originals) which I've seen a fair few of, because my mom's addicted to them for some reason. That's actually how I learnt about supervolcanoes in the first place back when I was in middle school, through a bad movie she was watching. Anyway, so it's just another one, nothing special... Until I start to realise that in this one, the "super eruption," is so very super, it actually rips a hole in space and time. Then the protagonist uses this so her past and future selves can Skype together, which will save the world. I just... I know I can't expect logic from these movies, but volcanic eruptions causing time travel made it past the threshold I could at least hold most of the others up to.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 2:23 PM

Does this one have an angry general who thinks the solution to stopping the volcano is dropping a nuclear bomb on it? There always seems to be one of those in SciFi original movies...

crowsworks

crowsworks

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:06 AM

Does this one have an angry general who thinks the solution to stopping the volcano is dropping a nuclear bomb on it? There always seems to be one of those in SciFi original movies...

And the Generals staff who he orders to leave... and who bravely 'disobey' his order, this one time.

We had to laugh at the new movie 'Dark Skies' - the character's home is invaded by (spoilers) and they never turn on a light. "oh my small child has vanished from his bed... I must run through the dark house (should have been the movie's name) without turning on a single light."

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

The end of Django Unchained. I really feel like Tarantino just let Michael Bay write the last two pages of the script. And it broke the number one action movie rule: instead of walking away from the explosion, Django just put on his sunglasses and looked at it head-on without even flinching. But I could have overlooked that if it wasn't for the part right afterward where he does that stupid fancy horse-trot.