2-6: "The Injured Party" 2008.11.19 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

65 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 9:39 PM

From ABCMediaNet.com:

Letitia hits a young, pretty bicyclist with her car. To avoid another public scandal, Tripp invites Wrenn (Sarah Carter) to recuperate at the Darling mansion, where she charms a few but makes others suspicious. The claws come out during a catty showdown between Lisa and Karen over Nick. Meanwhile fired prosecutor Nola Lyons delights Patrick with her aggressive ways as his new Chief of Staff, but Tripp and the spurned Jeremy are less than pleased by her presence; and, much to Brian's surprise, Andrea refuses to fight her cancer by entering a medical trial, on "Dirty Sexy Money," WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Nov 26, 2008 @ 8:45 PM.

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:01 PM

And Simon FINALLY gets interesting, the scenes at the end were ALL great. Wrenn makes sex eyes at everyone...

hnee

hnee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:01 PM

They have ruined this show. Hate Lisa/Karen. Hate Nick kissing the new girl.

It used to be fun. Now it's predictable

lynettefl

lynettefl

Stalker

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:02 PM

Good episode...I liked this episode the second most this season; the season premiere is this season's best episode.

Lisa went "ghetto" on Karen and Nick.

I wonder whether Lisa will become pregnant and not know whether it's Jeremy's or Nick's baby.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

What the hell is going with this show? While I loved Lisa finally whaling on Karen, I hated that they ended Lisa/Nick so quickly and stupidly. Plus having her sleep with Jeremy right away pretty much put the nail in their coffin. Also giving Nick a brand new love interest in the same episode was just too much. Especially since now he's in a twisted love triangle with Tripp.

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:18 PM

They have ruined this show. Hate Lisa/Karen. Hate Nick kissing the new girl.

To me, when I think about it, I think Nick is a totally different person than last season. But then I start remembering the things that have happened. Even though it was tons more subtle last season, even when his marriage was BETTER, Nick was conflicted with Karen/Lisa. Not, leave-your-wife-start-a-new-family kinda conflicted, but it was there. And Nick could ignore it all he wanted to, because Lisa loved him, and he loved Lisa, and then there was Kiki, he had a family. But then Lisa kissed Jeremy. And then Lisa lied, and placed all this doubt in their relationship. And suddenly, NOW Nick feels like he has a choice to make. And for a lot of viewers I imagine (myself included) it feels as if this has all happened a bit too fast!

So when Nick had the "choice" presented to him, he went to Karen. And when Lisa was let down she went to Jeremy. This time, because Nick now feels he doesn't GET to choose between either woman, he's with the new woman, Wrenn, because she's saying what he wants to hear (and saying what Tripp wants to hear). And I guess the writers are attempting to blurr the line, and level the playing field between Lisa/Nick. That they have issues, and neither one is COMPLETELY at fault in all of this.

I wonder whether Lisa will become pregnant and not know whether it's Jeremy's or Nick's baby.

I hope this doesn't happen! It's one of those cliche things to happen, who's the daddy storyline. And I'd always hope it would be Jeremy's, not because he'd be a good dad or anything, only because I don't want Nick to feel like he HAS to be with Lisa. Imagine how things would be with Nick/Lisa if there was no Kiki, the whole "let's stay together for the kids", especially with Nick, and his life, and how his mom left, and his dad was kinda absent.

Especially since now he's in a twisted love triangle with Tripp.

Creepiest thing ever was Tripp seeing them kiss. CREEPY! What was interesting is that I felt that Tripp was actually gonna tell Nick to stay away, and then totally kick his ass if he didn't (which would be inevitable). Leticia hearing the whole thing, sucks, and just feeds to her thinking that Tripp likes Wrenn (whch he obviously does). And what is up with Wrenn? It's TOO easy! She HAS to be doing some sort of con, like Leticia suggested. I hate how she already has Nick AND Tripp in the palm of her hand.

Oh ya, and the whole thing with Nola? I suddenly like her. Simon is the creepiest man EVER! The "you can have her when I'm done" made me so mad! I want Nick to rescue Karen! He has to! He totally has to now! :( But instead of rescuing Karen, he's gonna be caught up and starey eyed with Wrenn.

Edited by FaithW, Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:22 PM.

rage6839

rage6839

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:18 PM

Man, they have really turned Simon into an evil bastard. I know he blames the Darlings for his parents but he is willing to use anyone without a hint of remorse. I thought he was going to force Nola to have sex with him to show he was in control. I did like his interactions with Lisa and Nick right after. Nick has been playing a game for 2 long and if Lisa has to stay away from Jeremy, it is only fair he stay away from Karen. Wish I could feel for Karen but although she is being played, she would drop Simon if Nick stared at too long. The intensity has been ratcheted up and has become very entertaining.

Do they ever mention Brian's twin daughters or they never happened?

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:27 PM

rage6839 On the couch I totally thought he was gonna move her hair, and start kissing her neck. I feel SO bad for her now. Weird, because I've spent this much of the season disliking her, and now I'm totally feeling for her situation. I want Nola to team up with the Darlings, and TAKE HIM DOWN!

:) Brian's girls get mentioned in every episode discussion. I can't remember the last time the show referenced them, but I'm sure it was last season. It sucks, but I'm too involved with the current storylines, to think about Brian's OTHER life. He should be apart of those girls lives, but Brian's a different guy, and the path to being a good father, and caring for others besides yourself probably doesn't happen overnight, and I think they'll bring them back (I just don't know when). Maybe if Andrea doesn't survive this (just a thought), he'll seek out his OTHER family, and want to do right by them. I don't mean get together with his wife, but visit his daughters and such.

ImNotLeesa

ImNotLeesa

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:27 PM

I liked a lot of things about this episode - it was nice to see a hint of S1 Tripp, powerful and always thinking but a bit of a romantic. The cat fight between Lisa and Karen was odd, but oddly entertaining. And I enjoyed seeing Simon go really bad, and Nick finally show some passion for something. He might actually become a player instead of just getting played.

Lisa and Jeremy hooking up was pretty predictible, and wasn't as hot as it should have been given the chemistry these two have shown before. (Maybe it's because we've spent 4 weeks watching Jeremy go at it with Nola, so he hadn't built up any sexual tension before getting together with Lisa.)

Tish continues to get harsher, and quite cynical apparently. But also, apparently her instincts about Wrenn aren't completely wrong.

Wrenn wants something and is a bit creepy; for some reason she reminds me of Rebecca Walker from B & S, and I'm afraid she's going to wind up related to someone (but not actually be related). It seems like Wrenn was at times acting as a stand-in for Kiki in this episode, getting to spout all the leaden "wow these Darlings are really rich ! I'd really like to be a part of their world" lines. Did not like Nick spending all kinds of time with her, spilling his life story to her and letting her kiss him. Seeing her last scene with Nick, though, finally made me recognize something that's been bugging me about him. He's incredibly passive particularly in his romantic interactions. Wrenn's kiss to him, and his reaction was almost identical to his previous interactions with Karen. He stands there, and looks slightly put off but doesn't move forward or back away. If she becomes a continuing character, pursuing Nick or Tripp, it will not be a good thing. She's got to be all of 25 - way too young for either of them, and frankly, I think Nick should have an episode or 2 between the end of his marriage and the beginning of a new relationship.

Nola, well it was interesting to have her finally show some real emotion, but she bored me so much previously and took so much time away from characters I actually liked that I'm not sure I really care about her and her little bro', aside from the fact that it proves Simon is EVIL, and not just Tripp's nemesis.

Was that a new Kiki?

While I loved Lisa finally whaling on Karen, I hated that they ended Lisa/Nick so quickly and stupidly. Plus having her sleep with Jeremy right away pretty much put the nail in their coffin. Also giving Nick a brand new love interest in the same episode was just too much. Especially since now he's in a twisted love triangle with Tripp.

Agreed, and I especially don't want to see the creepy triangle part. The complex Nick-Tripp relationship was one of the shows gems last season. It's been hidden this season, and I don't want to see it totally wasted on some stupid contrived soapy plot that doesn't really get us anywhere.

Edited by ImNotLeesa, Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:49 PM.

Pixels

Pixels

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:29 PM

Nick and Lisa look done. Her going from cat fighting over her husband to having sex with Jeremy was quite a turn around. At least Nick only kissed new girl. Who I think is just a transition until he goes after Karen.

He didn't seem to object to Lisa's assessment that he's changed, he agreed with it.

I hate how stupid everyone is being. Karen's being played by Simon, Patrick's being played by Nola, Lisa played right into Simon's hands with the DVD.

Simon looked kind of scared there of Nick at the end.

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:35 PM

It was totally a new kid for Kiki! Hee! It actually made me giggle, and think back to when they used a step in for Juliette (the Darlings did, not the show, lol). I think it should now be a running gag (if it's not already), there has been 3 different girls, and we should never see the same one twice! :)

How old did everyone think Wreen was? I thought she was more early to mid 30s. How old is Nick? She's way too young for Tripp. As he is clearly 60ish (he has been married to Tish for 40 years...) so give or take 60 years. Although it is not uncommon for rich older men to have young, attractive second wives. lol. Take that Leticia! She can't act so insulted when she was in love with Dutch for... well, however long they've stated, it's been a while. As old as Brian is I guess... at least.. lol

rage6839

rage6839

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:40 PM

I still like Simon but he is getting close to being abusive with women. As I stated before, I have no sympathy for Karen because if Nick called her, she would be like Simon-who. When he grabbed and barked at Nola I was concerned but Nola's brother does genuinely like Simon so he might not be totally evil, although there is a rage in his eyes. I have to wonder if Simon is behind Wrenn as well. He is attacking the Darlings on all fronts and would know what a Wrenn grenade could do the Darlings. Keep Simon bad but not evil.

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:44 PM

And is Simon's rage still all about his grandparents, and the story that he told us in S1? I always think there has to be more. Not to say that that wouldn't play on his heart, but did Tripp personally have anything to do with it, or was it Tripp's parents? If so, that seems totally unfair to go after Tripp... I guess he just wants to ruin the Darlings in general, but ... I mean, where's the line? He doesn't care about anyone but himself. And what have the Darling kids done to deserve any of this? Like I said upthread, I really hope that Nola confides in a Patrick, and/or Nick, and takes him down!

rage6839

rage6839

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 19, 2008 @ 11:57 PM

Well FaithW, Karen doesn't count because she doesn't love Simon. Karen just doesn't want to be alone. The deal with the bio-fuel appeared to come out the blue and maybe Simon just rolled with it.Even when Simon backed Patrick's Senate bid, it was basically harmless. Plus, Brian and Jeremy have remained off his radar. Yet, with Karen, Simon seems downright angry. Maybe he senses that Karen is Tripp's favorite and that is the means to destroy the man. Would like to know more about Simon's motivation and a Simon/Nick war could be entertaining but Simon should swat him.

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 12:01 AM

Okay, Simon got a bazillion times creepier this episode. What else does he have/gave Nola that puts her in this much in debt to him?

I was really hoping Patty was going to actually know that Simon sent her.

Bike chick.....I don't like where this story is going but it was nice to have a softer Tripp back. Even though I don't agree with his line of thinking.

With all their money, they should hire someone to make sure Tish does nothing that could lead to her going to jail.

Brian Jr and Jeremy was adorable. I love seeing that kid interact with his family.

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 12:09 AM

Karen doesn't count because she doesn't love Simon

I don't know about Karen. I mean it was totally hurtful for Simon (if he DID love Karen) to see the exchange between Nick/Karen. Sometimes I think she wants so badly to be in love, and be with somebody, that she withs Simon, because he appears TO love her, and says all the right things, and doesn't appear to have "issues". On the other hand, I think she's afraid of love, and she's using Nick as an excuse not to fall deeper in with Simon. With that other guy in S1 she was ok with everything until he really seemed to love her, and then she flipped. Maybe she's scared of TRULY being in love, and being hurt. So she does love Simon, but she's using what Nick says to withdraw from the situation, and not let herself fall so deep. It seems so complicated, but made so much sense in my head. lol

meknownothing

meknownothing

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 12:13 AM

I want Nola to team up with the Darlings, and TAKE HIM DOWN!

I don't think we'll be seeing that. Nola seems to be realizing that she's a pawn for both the Darlings and to Simon.

Wrenn gets taken back to the Darling mansion after the accident? Letitia pulled her into the coupe and drove off with her? I don't see any other way that happened! Somehow it seems all 1690 London to me, except that would make Wrenn the heroine.

3words8letters

3words8letters

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 12:38 AM

love love love lisa/jeremy :)

Yvaughn

Yvaughn

Fanatic

• Interests:Television (duh). Pop culture in general. I'm a romance novelist (w/a Evelyn Vaughn) and a college English instructor. Other interests: cats, dogs, bicycling, secret societies (from a fictional standpoint), time-travel (not just from a fictional standpoint), the "reality" of characters and the importance of consistency and organic unity in all forms of fiction.

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 1:21 AM

My favorite part--as ever--was Brian. "Now it's family night." Yes, it was an easy line, but it worked nevertheless. Unlike most of the schemers in his family, he's a blatant ass... and yet there's something refreshingly honest about his assishness. I love that he cares so much about Andrea, despite that he's obviously fighting it... the caring and the showing of it. I like that she seems to be reconciling herself to him, too. If anyone needs a yoga / zen / precipice of death perspective, it's her.

Ditto on the great interaction b/t Brian Jr. and Jeremy. And fwiw, I do like Jeremy and Lisa, too. I like that she clarified, "just tonight," even if it probably won't be just tonight.

Not happy with Wrenn, although the actress is doing a great and yes, oddly ageless job. She was a teenager on Smallville (although enough years back that she'd be in her 20's even if she'd played to age). She seemed too young to be an assistant DA on Numb3rs. She played (I assume) to age in Shark. It would be nice to see her have a steady job, with Shark gone.

And speaking of sharks... I loved the confrontation b/t Nick & Simon. "You do now." Another easy but beautifully necessary line.

theponderer

theponderer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 1:35 AM

I am only half way through. But I really just yelled at the stupid TV for showing, anviling, my dearly beloved, now departed TRIPP in a scene with a young, obviously on the make (don't blame her) girl, who will be banging Tipp very soon.

I wish it would stop. I wish it would aim higher.

Tripp banging somebody is not the bad part. The utter smallness of it all, the TV predictability of it, is.

They could have the same plot point but make it furiously interesting, stemming from some real Donald Sutherland acting rage.

Should I start blaming Donald for giving up the fight for artistic integrity?

Edited by theponderer, Nov 20, 2008 @ 1:39 AM.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 1:57 AM

I noticed that when Nick was telling Karen that he was going back to Lisa he made it seem like it was just an obligation thing. That because they were married and had a kid he was stuck with her. Then later when he was telling the new girl about being with Lisa he made it seem like Lisa was just a rebound girl after he broke up with Karen and if it weren't for Kiki they wouldn't have lasted. So now I'm feeling like there was never any point to Nick/Lisa and that you weren't supposed to root for them at all. What a let down.

Quixotic18

Quixotic18

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 2:04 AM

You know, Nick's asking Simon if he was recording their conversation in that last scene made me wonder...why on God's earth doesn't Nick record his conversations with Simon? I mean, if he wants Karen to back out of the relationship with Simon, a recording of Simon saying Nick could have her back when he was done or referring to Karen as his "stuff" could do the trick pretty easily.

And on the "stuff" topic, was I the only one who wanted to punch Simon in the junk for that one? Just...ick. His "stuff"? What a horse's ass.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 4:37 AM

How old did everyone think Wreen was? I thought she was more early to mid 30s. How old is Nick? She's way too young for Tripp. As he is clearly 60ish (he has been married to Tish for 40 years...) so give or take 60 years. Although it is not uncommon for rich older men to have young, attractive second wives. lol. Take that Leticia! She can't act so insulted when she was in love with Dutch for... well, however long they've stated, it's been a while. As old as Brian is I guess... at least.. lol

I thought Wrenn was in her 20s, and IMDB says the actress is 28. So that means she should pass for 22 on TV, right?

Merlando

Merlando

Video Archivist

• Interests:Television, baby!!!! All hail!

And reading. And writing. And learning French. And other fun stuff to spread around.

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 6:09 AM

With all their money, they should hire someone to make sure Tish does nothing that could lead to her going to jail.

I kinda thought they did and his name is Nick...or could it also be Clark? Just because you hire someone to slap your hand when you want to be stupid doesn't mean that you won't do something stupid. It's like dieting relapse of stupidity. Was I the only one creeped out by Tish car-singing? Funny, but also kind of WTF. Anyhoo, I miss substantial Clark!

Yeah, Wrenn has an agenda and I hope it's just plain gold-digger and not another pretty Simon puppet. She's way too wholesome and Mary-Sue to be nothing but the spawn of Satan. Hope Tish kicks her ass Karen-style.

WhineandCheez

WhineandCheez

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 9:12 AM

I don't know if I fast-forwarded too much, but I didn't see any between-scene from Wrenn getting hit to her playing the piano. Did they show Trish or "Clean Up Man" Clark putting her in the car and driving her back?

It makes no sense that after 40+ years, some girl is in his house and now Tripp thinks of getting with another woman? Didn't he run across any other attractive woman in the last 40 years?

I'll bet cash money that the DVD Simon showed Lisa was not the DVD of their real interaction in the hallway. It was probably altered to show them having sex in the lobby and that's why Lisa blew up so greatly.

By the way, I hope that now that Lisa is on her own she grows out her stupid ugly hair. You know--women break up--they cut their hair. Her's would be the opposite!

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 9:42 AM

And on the "stuff" topic, was I the only one who wanted to punch Simon in the junk for that one? Just...ick. His "stuff"? What a horse's ass.

No, you are not. Karen is Simon's stuff? Jesus. I'm hoping Simon recorded that winsome little gem. Maybe Karen will see it and kick his 'nads clean off.

I'm starting to hate this show. That "ghetto" fight between Lisa and Karen? Uh, since when is Lisa "ghetto"? So stupid. I can understand that Lisa's finally had enough of Karen and her sense of entitlement to Nick, but I just didn't buy her suddenly becoming so irrational. Throw a drink in her face and march out, maybe. (But that was a cliché when Krystle Carrington did it. If this show's proper comparison is with Dynasty, I'm so done.) I'd have had some compassion for Lisa's feeling that her years with Nick were only pretense if she hadn't immediately thrown herself at the nearest Darling. Yeah, your husband really wants to belong to the Darlings; and all your protests about your independence and integrity? Don't mean jack, sweetheart, because, clearly, so do you. Here, let me pour you a nice dry cocktail from my chilled pitcher of STFU.

But why, why, WHY is none of these boobs bright enough to know that they're all being manipulated by Simon Elder? Nola, Nick, Lisa, Patrick, all of them are being so transparently fooled with I can't stand it. And I've lost whatever respect I had for the character of Patrick, who's just a stupid, whiny little bitch now. Adding blackmail to Simon Elder's list of evil deeds doesn't make him interesting. It just makes the show look desperate. And little Miss Wrenn(ch in the Works)? Can go now. If there's one thing this show doesn't need, it's another layer of game-playing.

Andrea's line about staying alive just so Gustav doesn't get left with Brian's monstrous family was the funniest and most bitterly true thing she ever said.

FaithW

FaithW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 9:53 AM

I thought Wrenn was in her 20s, and IMDB says the actress is 28. So that means she should pass for 22 on TV, right?

heh, ya, that's about right! Maybe it was the way she was talking, and the fact that I think she's manipulating people that places her a bit older. Maybe she's supposed to be near her own actual age? Either way, the way that she was talking with both Nick/Tripp, it didn't give me that ick factor, so I guess her being "wise beyond her years" must factor in, or at least it did with me. I wonder if the writers considered this? I wonder what the casting call for Wrenn looked like?

It makes no sense that after 40+ years, some girl is in his house and now Tripp thinks of getting with another woman? Didn't he run across any other attractive woman in the last 40 years?

There were probably temptations, but we're supposed to believe that Tripp was hopelessly in love with Leticia, and the whole thing that's completely devestating is that Leticia was cheating on him THE ENTIRE TIME. I like Tripp's progression with this storyline. His character was innocent in the beginning, and obviously still sticking by her, yuo can't just turn off love... right? But now this season, a little time has passed, and the fact that she went to trial for Dutch's murder probably made Tripp focus on it even more. I doubt he has as much loyality to Leticia this season, not that I think he would just jump in with Wrenn, I think it'll be a progression...

And I've lost whatever respect I had for the character of Patrick, who's just a stupid, whiny little bitch now

I'm still wondering why Patrick is STILL going to daddy? I mean, I thought that with everything that has happened, he would have learned ... a little, and distanced himself from Tripp, but he really hasn't. Sure, he's making "his own decisions" now, but I guess it's all baby steps. I think Patrick is so tragic, but he has a good heart. I keep thinking that Nola will end up helping Patrick someway, against Simon, and that makes me all kinds of happy. I think the writers did make a mistake in "humanizing" Nola now, it made another layer, but was it too little too late?

Magsi2

Magsi2

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 9:54 AM

Last nights show was better, but Wrenn can go now. She really wasn't needed to add drama. They could just follow through with some of the other stuff that is already there. Simon still sucks. His expression didn't change after Nick said "you do now". You would think he should have had some reaction. Karen still doesn't make any sense. I wonder why she broke up with Nick when they were engaged the first time. Did he say and I missed it?

Did Zoe gain weight, or was it just her dress last night? It didn't do her any favors. The fight might have made more sense had we actually seen Lisa watch the DVD. She just seemed to come out of the blue. Weren't she and Nick supposed to go somewhere for dinner by themselves that evening? Why were they at the Darling's residence. All kinds of inconsistencies, but I still like the show.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 9:55 AM

I am of two minds about this episode. I hated parts and loved others.

I loved the fight scene between Lisa and Karen. This has been coming since the first episode aired. It was well acted and scripted. I especially liked how everyone pretty much slunk away after the fighting leaving Nick and Lisa alone. Tripp was the last to go and his departure was so subtle.

I hated that Nick and Lisa end up kissing someone else that night. I really hate that Lisa had sex with Jeremy. Jeremy is this sweet kid who is pretty much a slut. He will sleep with just about anyone at any time. He cannot say no. And that is disappointing. I can see were Lisa would want to slepp with someone. She feels betrayed and dumped by her husband. She wants to feel pretty and wanted. I so wanted Jeremy to do the right thing and say "No". Not because he is a dick but because he did not want to be rebound sex. Because he likes Lisa and wants something more then just sex with her.

I hated the Simon Elder stuff. I can buy that Simon has a grudge against the Darlings. I can buy that Simon is trying to manipulate the Darling kids and family lawyer. This uber evil Simon is just silly. Do they really expect me to believe that SImon is so evil that he would kidnap Nola's brother? Seriously? The security cameras every where and intervening in Darling family lives is suppose to be a sign that he is such an egominacal bastard that he would kidnap Nola's brother? Why? So that she would go after Leticia Darling for the murder of Dutch? I would think that any ambitious Assistant DA would be motivated to do that. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I liked that Nick has openly declared war on Simon. Not because he knows how evil Simon is but because of Simon's manipulation of Lisa and the other Darlings. I like that Nick is pissed that Simon has screwed with his family. I like that Nick is interested in defending Karen. I like that Nick is finally showing that he is territorial. Simon didn't go after his client, Simon went after Nick. I think that Simon has bit of fmore then he can chew and he does not realize it yet.

I Hate Wrenn. She needs to go. Like now. I don't buy that Tripp would be interested in her. I don't buy that Nick would be smooching with her, especially after the fight with Lisa.

I love Andrea. She decides to fight to live only because there is no way she wants her son raised by the Darlings. Smart women.

This show has become pure DVR material for me. It has moved away from the quirky show that I loved into this really predictable, weird, warped soap opera. There is enough that interests me that I will watch on Thursday when I have time but they have screwed with the characters (Tripp, Nick, Karen) enough that I am more then annoyed and not as enthralled.

Edited by ProfCrash, Nov 20, 2008 @ 9:58 AM.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 10:12 AM

I love Andrea. She decides to fight to live only because there is no way she wants her son raised by the Darlings. Smart women.

Hee! I laughed out loud when Andrea made that remark. I totally get where she's coming from because I would have felt the same way.